10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technozombie

Woot I finally beat Ys 1 and 2. The last boss was tough. I never thought I'd play an rpg that required dodging reflexes like a shooter lol. Curious what is the normal level to beat it? I was 60.

johnnykonami

Quote from: technozombie on 03/12/2014, 11:49 PMWoot I finally beat Ys 1 and 2. The last boss was tough. I never thought I'd play an rpg that required dodging reflexes like a shooter lol. Curious what is the normal level to beat it? I was 60.
I had beaten it on Duo back in the day too, but recently I had a bitch of a time beating the nightmare mode on the PC version.  Vagullion is where I really got stuck (the bat boss) and Dark Fact was a bit of a pain too.  Later, I found out that I was victim of a full screen/framerate bug that caused the enemies to move around faster than they should.  So I actually ended up beating them both in hyperspeed basically after hundreds of tries of practice.  Watch out for that if you ever play on Steam!

seieienbu

Finished Ys 3.  Yeah, I liked the Japanese voice acting a lot better than the English, go figure.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MrFlutterPie

I've giving Turrican another go as I just can't believe it's that bad.

It's that bad :(

esadajr

played Valis 4 last night, I'm having some trouble timing the jumps.
Gaming since 1985

EvilEvoIX

Ran through Bloody Wolf again, WHAT A GAME!!!!  It's perfect!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

roflmao

My son and I spent a good chunk of this afternoon playing Bomberman '93 & '94 today.  Battle Game = Good times. :D

jordan_hillman

I've been playing some two-on-two Hit the Ice with a few buddies lately. It's a damn fun, albeit still utterly craptastic, experience when playing with other people.  :D
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

jordan_hillman

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/30/2014, 11:59 PMBlazing Lasers always calls me back.  It is a Perfect game.  There seriously isn't anything wrong with it.  R Type is owning me right now however.
R-Rype is slowly becoming the bane of my gaming existence  ](*,)

Nando

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 03/17/2014, 04:58 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/30/2014, 11:59 PMBlazing Lasers always calls me back.  It is a Perfect game.  There seriously isn't anything wrong with it.  R Type is owning me right now however.
R-Rype is slowly becoming the bane of my gaming existence  ](*,)
The Arcade game bullied all my money to it when I was young. Luckily I have the huey now...it still kicking my ass, yet I keep on going back.

I recently tried R-Type 3 on the SFC. Cool game, very well done, but there's just so much good with the original.

IrishNinja

while only the hucard part of my Duo-R was working, i was mostly messing with Bloody Wolf (and a new copy of R-Type, thanks Mzo!), now that the disc is working is Akumajo time!
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86
IMG
IMG

ahuffman

Been playing a lot of Blazing Lazers lately, such an awesome game!

seieienbu

I'm a big fan of R-type.  That being said it took me 20 years to finally beat that game.

munchiaz

played some Sapphire a few nights ago. Will play again to try and get a higher score for the game of the week thread.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/15/2014, 03:09 AMRan through Bloody Wolf again, WHAT A GAME!!!!  It's perfect! 
Yeah it is basically a 80's action movie in hucard form, including the bodybuilder heroes and their "muscle enhancing tablets" lol. One of my favorite US games, including R-Type, Veigues and Silent Debuggers.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HailingTheThings

Just took a break from:
IMG
For:
IMG
Now, back to:
IMG
Then:
IMG
IMG

thesteve

Quote from: technozombie on 03/12/2014, 11:49 PMWoot I finally beat Ys 1 and 2. The last boss was tough. I never thought I'd play an rpg that required dodging reflexes like a shooter lol. Curious what is the normal level to beat it? I was 60.
anything special needed to fight last boss?
i was getting my but kicked way too bad

technozombie

Quote from: thesteve on 03/21/2014, 03:13 AM
anything special needed to fight last boss?
i was getting my but kicked way too bad
You are pretty much required to have the goddess ring equipped when fighting him. It slows down have fast your magic drains when using the magic shield staff or whatever its called. Also, you may need all the Cleria equipment, just like you needed the Silver stuff in book 1.

EvilEvoIX

Just started Dracula X, decent game.  Never played it before.  I really enjoy the Holy Water Animation after it is thrown.  I like the massive effort on this game, particularly the scrolling.  The Controls are very fluid and I love doing back flips.  I'm up to the Wolf Boss and I feel his sprite could have been better but overall I'm impressed.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

wildfruit

Just about to get some 2 player dungeon explorer down

seieienbu

Just got Cadash in the mail.  All of a sudden it seems that my weekend is booked.

roflmao

I played some 2 player Double Dungeons with my son earlier this week.  I haven't played that game co-op in ages.  It's nice to be able to wail away on the boss together, but the rest is chore-worthy and better suited for single player.  With a bit of tweaking, the game could have been so much better.  I still love it and the music is awesome (the little that's there)!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/21/2014, 02:23 PMJust got Cadash in the mail.  All of a sudden it seems that my weekend is booked.
Plan on beating it with every character? :3
IMG

seieienbu

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/21/2014, 10:28 PMPlan on beating it with every character? :3
Actually, I've never played more than 5 minutes of it before.  Me and a friend are playing it together, our first goal is to just beat it.  We'll see what happens after that.

MrFlutterPie

I've beaten Cadash twice now.  Once with the Ninja and once with the Wizard.

HailingTheThings

IMG

EvilEvoIX

Just Started Dynastic Hero.  I've completely overlooked and ignored the Wonder Boy Series, what a tragic error on my part!
IMGIMGIMG

jordan_hillman

At this exact moment I'm playing some good'ol Gate of Thunder. Hands down my favorite SCD on the system!

SuperPlay

Started to have a play of YS IV today, applied the patches (English text and Audio Dub) to my Japanese copy.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13136.0

Got through to Selceta Forest so far.

Great game  :D

Nec.Game.head

I've been playing New Adventure Island again. This time I'm attempting to beat the entire game on my own as the only time I passed it completely was a co op effort with a buddy of mine taking turns on all the levels. This is a great game as it dose not seem to become old or boring like other games can feel. Once I receive my Duo-r back from having some fine tuning done to it I will continue with finishing off Y's Book 1 &  2 ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Mishran

Finished Bonk's Revenge yet again and played some Blazing Lazers. Popped in Boxy Boy and played up to stage 37 until my sorry ass got stumped and shut it off. Wrote down the password, so I'll continue where I left off another time.

jeffhlewis

I just fired up Ranma 1/2, then immediately regretted it

dallaspattern

Broke out some Final Lap Twin tonight.

technozombie

Fantasy Zone, I can't beat the last boss. I guess I'm going to have to watch a youtube video. Those things that come out,one always moves straight for me and kills me. Also, just curious and I'm sure this has been asked before but is it consider cheating to use the turbo switch?

dallaspattern

That's a rough one, you've got to get through all the other bosses right before it too eh?

technozombie

Yeah, but I don't really have a problem with those, I usually only die once for all of them. Oddly enough I die the most on boss number 2 because the balls that fall down are constantly flickering and its hard to focus on exactly where they are.  I can get to  the very end when those little face things come out but they get faster and faster. I can never dodge the last one.

geise

R-Type.  Will be making a high score thread soon.  I can't believe there isn't one, or else I am blind.  Yeah, probably blind. 8)

thesteve

geise

Nice, Steve!  What did you think of Ys after beating it?

JoshTurboTrollX

Raiden before bed time on the Express.  I now can get to the second stage boss without losing a life, however I completely fall apart on that bastard.

I'll keep on trying...
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

seieienbu

Trying again on Cadash.  Preeeetty sure I'll finish it this weekend, afterward I'll start over on a new character.

InfraMan

Quote from: thesteve on 03/27/2014, 11:19 PMys 1&2 clear
Hey cool, I just finished Ys I & II also! I really enjoyed both of them, but I think I prefer Book I... they went a little overboard on the maze-like layouts of Book II. Thank god real life isn't that confusing, or I'd never make it to the bathroom in time.

My favorite part was the transition from I to II. I can only imagine how mind-blowing that scene must have been for early adopters back in the day.  :mrgreen:

thesteve

I liked the ys1 ending
Ys2 ending was a bit of a let down
Ys2 end boss was tough only due to my lack of speed combined with his teleporting

roflmao

I made it to the bubble stage of Blazing Lazers this evening on my Express tonight. Good times.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/28/2014, 10:56 PMI made it to the bubble stage of Blazing Lazers this evening on my Express tonight. Good times.
I find that stage to be very relaxing. For real. Therapeutic.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 03/29/2014, 03:45 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/28/2014, 10:56 PMI made it to the bubble stage of Blazing Lazers this evening on my Express tonight. Good times.
I find that stage to be very relaxing. For real. Therapeutic.  :pcgs:
Maybe if you don't start it with the pea shooter.  I had a pretty rough time with it this time around.  I don't play it on the Express as much as I probably should. :p

majors

Got to the boss rush on Rabio Lepus Special but ran out of continues and patience.

Playing Xserd...got to 4th stage but too many of my mechs got wasted on prior stages so I'm re-doing the earlier ones to beat them with zero losses. It's no M. Madness,  but will fill the void until I get Neo Nec some day.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Nec.Game.head

Last night I started playing some Bonks Adventure. I had totally forgot how much fun this game is. lol I only got to the third stage last night. Gonna give it another go later on today. Hopefully I'll be able to beat it as I've only accomplished that once well over 10 years ago. It seems to be a hell of a lot harder then I remember it being. Wish me look and here I go again !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

gamerslife

Shapeshifter is the focus right now trying to beat it but by the time i get to the sewers my lifes are all but gone so i keep starting over at the temple with 9 lives until i get to the sewers with atleast 7 im not going further....lol
The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. -Wooderson (AKA:Matthew McConaughey)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/28/2014, 10:58 AMRaiden before bed time on the Express.  I now can get to the second stage boss without losing a life, however I completely fall apart on that bastard.

I'll keep on trying...
And I only seem to be getting worse...  :(
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!