OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRoaderMike

Today I bought:

The Beatles Anthology 1 used
A Speed Racer poster
Airwolf (NES)
Flashback (Genesis and Sega CD)
Make My Video:Kris Kross (Sega CD)
PGA Tour Golf (Genesis)
The Masked Rider:Kamen Rider Zo (Sega CD)
A new 72 pin connector for my NES
Kris Kross-Totally Crossed Out (no thanks to that hysterically bad Sega CD game for getting that damn song stuck in my head, ugh)
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: geepee16 on 08/29/2008, 07:50 PMi scored big this summer but over the last two days, i got the following goodies:

Shanghai: The Great Wall (FINALLY)
Cutey Honey FX

and the following extras:

Return to Zork
Boundary Gate
Anime Freak vol. 4
Anime Freak vol. 1

and the first five Deep Spance Nine novels in japanese which i did not know even existed.  there are very few trek books in japanese and all were quickly discontinued. 

congrats on the Dreamcast buy DJLobo.  i love the fx, saturn and pc engine dearly but there are LOADS of great titles for the DC too.  enjoy enjoy enjoy. you are going to have a blast with those games.
Geepee, I just noticed that you picked up the first five Deep Space Nine novels in Japanese. Very nice. Are these novelizations of the TV series, or original stories. Something tells me the first few DS9 novels were not original stories. Anyways, good to see another DS9 fan here and nice buys.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

ooPo

I bought a 1.0 system card today. Now I have to find a TG16 CD unit. :)

MissaFX

A 180 dollar de-humidifier for my RV and Anime Freak 2 which arrived in the mail from geepee!

/dscf7085mq8.jpg
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Ceti Alpha

IMG

drdre

Bought a second Saturn controller, so my son can play Dungeons and Dragons:  Shadow over Mystara with me.  The little fruitcake always plays as the elf though..... :?
Arms installation is complete....good luck

guyjin

Quote from: drdre on 09/04/2008, 09:51 PMBought a second Saturn controller, so my son can play Dungeons and Dragons:  Shadow over Mystara with me.  The little fruitcake always plays as the elf though..... :?
What's so 'fruity' about wanting to look at a pretty girl with pointy ears?

(something that always bothered me - why was it 'gay' to watch a show about girls singing, but 'straight' to watch a show with huge guys in various fetishwear?)

MissaFX

I don't have the bandwith to show a photo, but Blue Chicago Blues and Last Imperial Prince came today from Risingstuff.com/sensei. :mrgreen:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

drdre

Quote from: guyjin on 09/04/2008, 10:59 PM
Quote from: drdre on 09/04/2008, 09:51 PMBought a second Saturn controller, so my son can play Dungeons and Dragons:  Shadow over Mystara with me.  The little fruitcake always plays as the elf though..... :?
What's so 'fruity' about wanting to look at a pretty girl with pointy ears?

(something that always bothered me - why was it 'gay' to watch a show about girls singing, but 'straight' to watch a show with huge guys in various fetishwear?)
I just make fun of him because he always does stuff like this....his favorite color is pink, he likes girls dolls, etc.

Besides, he's terrible with the elf-he isn't able to handle the C button, so he would do better with the dwarf or someone more physical since he can only move to the right and jam on the attack button  :D

NecroPhile

Quote from: drdre on 09/05/2008, 06:20 PMI just make fun of him because he always does stuff like this....his favorite color is pink, he likes girls dolls, etc.
Sounds like a manly man to me.  Don't all guys love the pink and prefer female blow-up dolls over male?  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

termis

A 94 Holden Nova (A rebadged Toyota Corolla).  Public transit is so for ghetto people. 

IMG

Ceti Alpha

Hey Termis. Nice wheels!  =D> How hard was it getting used to driving on the right-hand side?
IMG

Joe Redifer

"Holden Nova"???  What weird-ass country do you live in.... Brokonogoslavia?   :D

Sparky

nice termis!!!! :D

for me this week......

PCE... R-Type II & Kyukyoku Tiger
PS1... Evil Zone, Muppet Monster Adventure, & Vagrant Story
PS2... Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

albinoMithos

I bought this  :D:

IMG

Game List:
Bubble Bobble US
Donkey Kong US
Mario 3 US
10 yrd fight US
Yoshi US
Paperboy US
Kirby US
Star Soldier JP
Super Mario JP
Super Mario 2 JP (Disk)
US -> JP game converter 

I only had to pay $220 shipped for the lot.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Quote from: Mithos on 09/05/2008, 10:17 PMI bought this  :D:

IMG

Game List:
Bubble Bobble US
Donkey Kong US
Mario 3 US
10 yrd fight US
Yoshi US
Paperboy US
Kirby US
Star Soldier JP
Super Mario JP
Super Mario 2 JP (Disk)
US -> JP game converter 

Have it now do ya well now you are playing with power  :dance: :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

albinoMithos

Quote from: TR0N on 09/05/2008, 11:54 PM
Quote from: Mithos on 09/05/2008, 10:17 PMI bought this  :D:

IMG

Game List:
Bubble Bobble US
Donkey Kong US
Mario 3 US
10 yrd fight US
Yoshi US
Paperboy US
Kirby US
Star Soldier JP
Super Mario JP
Super Mario 2 JP (Disk)
US -> JP game converter 

Have it now do ya well now you are playing with power  :dance: :roll:
I'm playing with Japanese power now!! :roll:..................

jboypacman

Two more NES games for me.......

Star Soldier and Legendary Wings both loose and cheap i got them both for $5. :D

termis

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/05/2008, 08:29 PMHow hard was it getting used to driving on the right-hand side?
Not used to it just yet (this time), but you get used to it pretty quick -- a few days or so and you're good.  I did it before driving in Japan, and the reverse when I left Japan and went to Canada.

Duo_R

YS IV and Cosmic Fantasy II (US).....

I have already played this but wanted to add to my collection!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Tatsujin

/pcefandeluxewc4.jpg

Motteke Tamago and manual insert:
/motteketamagoum5.jpg

PC Engine new entries:
/pce20080907gw0.jpg

Special Hueys new entry -> BM User Battle:
/specialhueys1op2.jpg

FC new entries:
/fc20080907ps3.jpg

New entries all:
/hauls20080907fq6.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

sweet stuff. Even that PlayStation game you stuck in there isn't bad.  :P

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 09/07/2008, 01:38 PMEven that PlayStation game you stuck in there isn't bad.  :P
lol..thanx a lot :P
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Nice finds, Tatsujin.  I'm particularly envious of the Motteke Tamago - is it hard to find or expensive?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rolins

Picked these up for $2.99 a piece, even came with dust sleeve and manuals. Bought them at place called Play N' Trade video games that just opened recently here in Las Vegas. First time I've heard of these guys but appear to be helluva alot better than gamestop. They carry a small load of retro game although nothing spectacular, not even TG16 games. I did see a stack of Atari 2600 games and very tempting Intellivision console for $39.99! It's in great condition too.

edit: wait not a colecovision. A Intellivision I got them mixed.

/nes1pd4.jpg

Ceti Alpha

Nice gets rolins. I killed Sky Shark bitd. Such a fun game. Music is great too.
IMG

rolins

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/11/2008, 11:26 AMNice gets rolins. I killed Sky Shark bitd. Such a fun game. Music is great too.
Sky Shark is classic Toaplan shooting and it's fun fun fun. The controls are perfect even better with a joystick and I really dig the music. It's strange though, bits of the music sounds like something off a C64 especially in the 1st stage song.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2008, 10:04 AMNice finds, Tatsujin.  I'm particularly envious of the Motteke Tamago - is it hard to find or expensive?
yeah..have lot of fun with that. i had big luck and found it complete/mint for 6250yen ($60) in the new mandarake ion akiba :) never seen one before around for selling.

MotoRoaderMike

Who is this on the cover of that PC Engine magazine?

/pcefandeluxewc4.jpg

Anyway:
Today, I just bought a soda.
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Joe Redifer

That's not anybody... it's a drawing!

Ceti Alpha

I just bought Macross 2036. woot!!  :dance:
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Boxed PC-FX, Blue Breaker and Galaxy Fraulein Yuna!

<3
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sensei

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2008, 04:12 AMBoxed PC-FX, Blue Breaker and Galaxy Fraulein Yuna!
<3
/gamesfyuuuyq7.th.jpg

drdre

A new game shop opened up in my town, and I picked up Final Fight 3 and Super Metroid for the SNES.  Might go back to pick up a Nomad I saw there

Joe Redifer

Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 - Blu-ray - Hellz yeah!

drdre

Einhander (playstation) for cheap-the 'older' game store in my town isn't doing too good, so they're willing to make deals  :wink:

MissaFX

I bought 5GB more bandwith and 450 minutes talking time :dance:

IMG

Tablet

I know yesterday isn't technically today but it was yesterday  :wink:

Right yesterday I had a spare £20 and decided to go to sunday market, I got:

Megadrive:
-Fatal Fury, Complete
-Splatterhouse 2 (genesis) cart only
-Sega classics, the one with gunstar heroes, cart only

NES:
(All cart only)
-Prince Valient
-Castlevania
-Batman
-Blaster Master

Good day.

Sparky

got some bleemcast goodness for the DC...
Gran Turismo 2 and Tekken 3

also Ps1... Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
PS2... Dragon Rage

rolins

2 packages came in the mail today.

100watt step down converter - converts 120v to 100v. I have 2 of these now...one dedicated to the XRGB-2 and the second for my Jp Saturn and MSX2+. Even though the japanese consoles can handle 110v, I'm not taking any chances.

Multi Scart box - Met a guy kind enough to sell me one for decent price. Can't find these anywhere in the U.S and some european stores don't wanna shipping internationally.

drdre

Well, I got my copy of Alien Soldier yesterday, so I went out today to get a Game Genie so I could play it  :)
I'm up to level 17  :D

TR0N

The most recent imports i got  :mrgreen:

/Importgamepic1.png
IMG

rolins

Quote from: TR0N on 09/19/2008, 01:11 AMThe most recent imports i got  :mrgreen:
/Importgamepic1.png
What's the title of the game with Ninja cover?

Great score on the Under Defeat, one the top shooters on the DC along with my favs Mars Matrix and Border Down.

Tatsujin

my todays bicycle neighborhood haul:

/haul20080920dy4.jpg

not the best stuff, but some goodies here and there :)

TR0N

Quote from: rolins on 09/20/2008, 12:36 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/19/2008, 01:11 AMThe most recent imports i got  :mrgreen:
/Importgamepic1.png
What's the title of the game with Ninja cover?

Great score on the Under Defeat, one the top shooters on the DC along with my favs Mars Matrix and Border Down.
Wish i had border down given it's current value though i'll get it one day.

As for the game with the ninja that is ninja cop saizou the,jpn version of wrath of the black manta.

The game is different to it in graphics and music compare to the u.s version.

Here's the video that shows it.
IMG

drdre

Went out to this giant flea market they have twice a year...
Mostly got 'action figures' like aliens, x-men, barnyard commandos, etc.  Also picked up In the Hunt (PS) and Gain Ground, Strider, and Lightening force for the Genesis

MissaFX

A new order from Risingstuff just came :mrgreen:

/rising2fs4.jpg