@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: ooPo on 01/30/2009, 09:26 AM/1233273985.jpg.JPG

Naomi + Capcom I/O board, Capcom vs Snk, Guilty Gear X and Power Stone.
Dang!  =P~
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

Well the latest as of so far i was holding off until the ps2 game i order got here.

IMG
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/MetalSlug01/bbfds.png
/famipce1.png
/at2andpop.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

Quote from: TR0N on 01/31/2009, 12:10 AMWell the latest as of so far i was holding off untile the ps2 game i order got here.
IMG
Love that box cover of MetalStorm. :)  What's the Konami game next to it ?

TR0N

Quote from: rolins on 01/31/2009, 01:54 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/31/2009, 12:10 AMWell the latest as of so far i was holding off untile the ps2 game i order got here.
IMG
Love that box cover of MetalStorm. :)  What's the Konami game next to it ?
It's for the famicom disk system the game is Ai Senshi Nicol.
The game play is like the over head stages in blaster master.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Awaiting a boxed Famicom AV system from Wolfgames.

That Generation NEX and Q-Boy Famiclone are paperweights now

drboom

Quote from: rolins on 01/28/2009, 11:26 PMMy new jamma board arrived today. This one's Outzone, a unique Toaplan shooter released in 1990. Paid through nose for this one but totally worth it.
Very cool game. Huge Toaplan fan - I'd love to get this someday!

I'd have to disagree that it's their best offering though, Tatsujin. Batsugun is by far my fav from Toaplan with V-Five a close second.

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 01/31/2009, 02:56 PMAwaiting a boxed Famicom AV system from Wolfgames.

8) matt had one to sell huh well now you can play CV3 again  =D> Wich is good i bet it was driving ya crazy since famiclones don't play it.
IMG

hoobs88

Tron, is that Bubble Bobble game for Famicom Disk system? That pouch looks sweet!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/01/2009, 02:08 PMTron, is that Bubble Bobble game for Famicom Disk system? That pouch looks sweet!
Agreed. That has 100% sweet factor.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: TR0N on 02/01/2009, 01:51 AM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 01/31/2009, 02:56 PMAwaiting a boxed Famicom AV system from Wolfgames.

8) matt had one to sell huh well now you can play CV3 again  =D> Wich is good i bet it was driving ya crazy since famiclones don't play it.
The other Famiclone I had (Sachen Q-Boy) could play those games with the enhanced music chips with no problem. The controller ports were just shot.

Now what I definitely find strange is that Generation NEX rejects Namco106 and Konami VRC6 games, but despite that..... it played Lagrange Point, VRC7 intact but with varied volume on some channels.

drdre

Well, this store in town has complete Master System games for 79 and 99 cents.  In the past few days I've picked up Psycho Fox, Golden Axe Warrior, Fantasy Zone, Spiderman, Choplifter, Wonderboy, Cloudmaster, Dick Tracy, The Ninja, Strider, and a few others.... 99cents? :D
Arms installation is complete....good luck

Sparky

Quote from: drdre on 02/01/2009, 07:32 PMWell, this store in town has complete Master System games for 79 and 99 cents.  In the past few days I've picked up Psycho Fox, Golden Axe Warrior, Fantasy Zone, Spiderman, Choplifter, Wonderboy, Cloudmaster, Dick Tracy, The Ninja, Strider, and a few others.... 99cents? :D
wow, that is crazy!!! and the titles you got!!! Listen if you want to part out Golden Axe Warrior i will give you double what you paid :P...
What kind of store sells them that cheap?

A hell of a grab man!!!

lisalover1

I got a saturn Multitap. I'm having a saturn bomberman 10-player party soon!

TR0N

Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/01/2009, 02:08 PMTron, is that Bubble Bobble game for Famicom Disk system? That pouch looks sweet!
Yes that is bubble bobble for the famicom disk system.That one took one a while to get cib at a good price,since most sellers on ebay charge alot for it.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 02/01/2009, 05:47 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/01/2009, 01:51 AM

The other Famiclone I had (Sachen Q-Boy) could play those games with the enhanced music chips with no problem. The controller ports were just shot.

Now what I definitely find strange is that Generation NEX rejects Namco106 and Konami VRC6 games, but despite that..... it played Lagrange Point, VRC7 intact but with varied volume on some channels.
Oh yeah i remember you had a video showing the (Sachen Q-Boy) playing CV3.It's a shame it's controller ports are crappy though.Though it's weird that a nex even plays, lagrange point and that use the VRC7 chip.That puzzles me that it does in the frist place.
IMG

Tatsujin

my weekend hauls:
/fcmodemcompleteko7.jpg
/jpatfclv6.jpg
/pcehaul20090201ob5.jpg
/dbzscoutersai8.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/02/2009, 03:40 AMmy weekend hauls:
/dbzscoutersai8.jpg
:)
whatever you do, don't put those on while looking at your collection!

"it's over 9000!" *breaks scouter*

Tatsujin

you can bet on that, i never won't do that :lol:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mobius

Quote from: drdre on 02/01/2009, 07:32 PMWell, this store in town has complete Master System games for 79 and 99 cents.  In the past few days I've picked up Psycho Fox, Golden Axe Warrior, Fantasy Zone, Spiderman, Choplifter, Wonderboy, Cloudmaster, Dick Tracy, The Ninja, Strider, and a few others.... 99cents? :D
Are you selling? :)

Do they have any left that you could pick up for me?

Joe Redifer

You sure buy a lot of stuff, Tatsu.  Where do you work?

Tatsujin

it's less a question of where do i work, more than where do i live. if you visit shops with PCE games in the shelf for a dollar each, could you hold back of not buying them? i can't  :P

my weekly hard-off bicycle tours bring me back some hauls everytime. but i rarelly spend more than $30 on one trip.

but your're right, i should little bit refrain from buying tons of stuff in future. not because the money, since it doesn't cost the world, but because my limited space :|

blueraven

A Gigabit Cisco/Linksys N-Router.

I never thought I would go back to the darkside from U.S. robotics.

This thing is amazing!

Tom Phobos

IMG

Well ... i searched oo eBay for "Wondermega" and found this machine. The console itself is not so special ... but the price: about $70  :shock:
But absolutely without warranty: Someone soldered out the power connector, so i have to check if the console works. But anyway ... a good price, even if i have to repair it :)

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tom Phobos on 02/03/2009, 05:59 AMhttps://web.archive.org/web/20190511051404im_/http://www.rushretro.com/images/300109/13a.jpg

Well ... i searched oo eBay for "Wondermega" and found this machine. The console itself is not so special ... but the price: about $70  :shock:
But absolutely without warranty: Someone soldered out the power connector, so i have to check if the console works. But anyway ... a good price, even if i have to repair it :)
I want one of those so badly.  The lights, and motorized top loader make it the greatest thing ever!  =P~
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

guyjin

FACT: Front-loaders > top loaders.  :evil:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guyjin on 02/03/2009, 12:11 PMFACT: Front-loaders > top loaders.  :evil:
Yeah, that's the one thing I wish the Duo had. The Mark I Sega CD gets major points for being a front loader.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/03/2009, 01:28 PMYeah, that's the one thing I wish the Duo had. The Mark I Sega CD gets major points for being a front loader.
Fuck that.  Motorized front loaders are bulkier, more expensive, and more prone to failure (more parts equals more things to fail).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bust3dstr8

The Japanese labels are Garou, Magical Drop 3, League Bowling (it also has some sort of link up
 connection in the top left of cart) and the busted POS is a Panic Bomber. The Hu is 1943 Kai.

The Ebay market really sux for PC Engine right now. It is all overpriced BIN stuff, I barely ever see
a good ole' auction nowdays. It has been a good month for MVS finds though, maybe the crap economy forcing people to sell the more HTF games?

home.comcast.net/~fawst/mvs.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2009, 01:56 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/03/2009, 01:28 PMYeah, that's the one thing I wish the Duo had. The Mark I Sega CD gets major points for being a front loader.
Fuck that.  Motorized front loaders are bulkier, more expensive, and more prone to failure (more parts equals more things to fail).
You know, I was actually thinking that right after I posted. I guess in terms of gaming consoles you want something that is going to stand the test of time. The next gen consoles are going to be a bitch to keep tip top.
IMG

rolins

Received a mini-slot expander for my MSX.  :)

/msxslotex1dq8.jpg

Simply overkill to have that many cartridge inserted at once, but at the moment I having too much fun. :D
Slot 1: Padial 4MB Ram (in Goonies case)
Slot 2: Snatcher Sound Cartridge, MegaFlashRom SCC, and FM-Pac. Still one more empty slot.

IMG

nectarsis

/100_1125.jpg

3 out of 5 for the complete series
/100_1126.jpg

1 of 2 Memorial boxsets
/100_1127.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Joe Redifer

IMG

Total cost: $3.99 (I think) for Flashback.  The rest, $0.

Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

Given to me by a friend.  I wish I would have stolen them as that would have been more fun, especially if gunshots were involved.

hoobs88

IMG
Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams
Only 12 more titles to go for a complete US collection!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/03/2009, 11:43 PMGiven to me by a friend.  I wish I would have stolen them as that would have been more fun, especially if gunshots were involved.
a nice friend you have then :)  but what hasn't happened yet, still can be done.

nectarsis

Teh bay has been good to me lately  :dance: :dance:

Shiroki Majyo Legend of Heroes 3  Saturn, and Disgaea 3 are both NEW  8)  :dance:

/100_1130.jpg

Ninja Spirit

jboypacman

I got a nice copy of Long Nose Goblin for the PC Engine today in the mail from RisingStuff. :D

Ninja Spirit

nectarsis

/100_1132-1.jpg
/100_1135-2.jpg
/100_1136.jpg

It does have burn in on the monitor, and somewhere here and there.  Def Happy for a mere $75.

ooPo

Turbo D

Very cool dude. That price is killer as well!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Taito???

Waitaminute.  Taito is owned by Squaresoft so that means that this game must be a slow, boring and downright unentertaining RPG... right?

Windancer

Congrats Man! Thats a sweet lookin Cab!

TR0N

Congrats nect that is a classic by,Capcom though if you ever scored a ghouls'n'ghost to go with it that be even more prefect  :wink:
IMG

jboypacman

NEC was that the one that was for sale over on AtariAge? Very nice Congrats. :D

Ceti Alpha

Wow! If I had a choice of any cabinet G'nG would definitely on the top of my list. I actually prefer it over Ghouls 'n Ghosts - maybe just out of arcade nostalgia. Anyway, awesome score.
IMG

jboypacman

Dug up a extra $10 today and headed down to the local GameStop and picked up Impossible Mission for the Nintendo DS. :D

nectarsis

Teh Ebay gods have been smiling down on me  :dance: :dance:

/100_1137.jpg
/100_1138.jpg

I know not game related, but I have been after one of these jerseys for like 3-4 years..gotta share  :wink:

/100_1139.jpg
/100_1140.jpg