OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Teh sweet hats are some of my Bday presents (the left hat is actually THE most bad ass purple lining the symbol not blue)
The BSG set has some sweet extras to...
/100_1141-1.jpg

My first Wii game  :oops:
/100_1142.jpg

My very first LD player  =P~ =P~
/100_1145.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

a shaby lose pce for the usual $5.

before and after bleaching: /pcebutzesrq7.jpg

:)

thx to superpcenginegrafx^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

rolins

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/07/2009, 11:16 PM/100_1132-1.jpg
/100_1135-2.jpg
/100_1136.jpg

It does have burn in on the monitor, and somewear here and there.  Def Happy for a mere $75.
Lucky, that's an awesome deal and the marquees ain't sun faded either.  :D

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/11/2009, 09:26 PMa shaby lose pce for the usual $5.

before and after bleaching: /pcebutzesrq7.jpg
:)

thx to superpcenginegrafx^^
Good job tat now it does look brand new and not from the dirty place  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

yeah..beside of some minor scratches in the case and one thin black stroke on the rearside which i couldn't wash out, it looks quite minty now :D

some few hundreds more to find and clean, and i could build a little pce-kidshouse with 'em (with a system cards wallpaper) :mrgreen:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Nice PCE there Tats; so clean and purrdy.

Found on front step yesterday: Turbo Tap, Turbo Pad, Ordyne, Yo Bro, Bonk's Adventure, Magical Dinosaur Tour, Lords of the Rising Sun, and Bravoman.  All boxed, brand new, and sealed..... or at least they were.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rag-time4

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/09/2009, 07:05 PMI know not game related, but I have been after one of these jerseys for like 3-4 years..gotta share  :wink:

/100_1139.jpg
/100_1140.jpg
Nice find on the jersey!!

gameofdeath2.jpg

I just saw this the other day... would grab it if I had a laserdisc player. I'm taking an African American studies film course this quarter.... this has been the most interesting film we've seen: Sweet Sweetback's baadasssss link

Duo_R

Pre-ordered this last night

IMG

and link to hi-res photo of the collection:

sfiv_-_ps3_final_ce_collection_photo.jpg

IMG
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

jboypacman

Grabbed RetroGame Challenge today for the DS over at GameStop a very cool game worth checking out.

Joe Redifer

I want to get that game, but nobody has it!  Gamestop says the nearest copy to my location (Colorado) is in Pennsylvania.  This happens whenever I try to buy a DS game.  Nobody stocks DS games!  The system must not be very popular.

jboypacman

Our one GameStop here i go to as a huge wall of DS games but like with RGC most are the only copy they have in the store.

rolins

XAV-2s - the best RGB to S-video encoder, uses the hard to find Sony CXA2075 chip.

Mutation Nation (MVS) - about F'n time I got this. :)

NES Advantage stick

Ninja Spirit

Made some nice scores from Play N Trade in Richmond, VA

Dungeon Explorer and Android Assault/Bari Arm (Sega CD)
Cross Fire (Genesis, for anyone that's never heard of this game before, this is another video game adaption of the TV show "Airwolf", as it's called Super Airwolf in Japan)
Shining the Holy Ark (Sega Saturn)

PS. The Holy Ark cover is a photocopy.

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Sweet haul from windancer (helluva cool guy)  :mrgreen:
/100_1372-1.jpg

Goodies from teh Vegas trip

/100_1367.jpg

the 2 guides on the right were sweet, sweey penny guides  :dance: :dance:

/100_1373.jpg

Ebay goodness

/100_1374.jpg
/100_1376-1.jpg

Risingstuff order
/100_1366.jpg

Saturn (region switched) from Mike (GREATLY appreciated)
/100_1375.jpg

nikdog

IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

Duo_R

picked up the Legacy of Ys Books I & II for DS. Came with a nice package:

/0225091910.jpg

Joe Redifer

Oh nice, I didn't know that was out.  Do you like it?  How much did all that stuff jack up the price from the normal $29.99?  Is there a non-special edition?

nectarsis

it's $34.99 at GS...the cd is included in all first run editions (was previously only for preorders).

Duo_R

NEC is correct. Although when I opened mine up I noticed a little scuff on the DS case. I called Gamestop and they said I could exchange for another or get a 10% discount. Since I have so many other DS cases I could swap out with, I chose the discount (and left an extra copy for someone that would want it locally).

At first I thought the game could only be played on stylus, but after figuring out that it did work with d-pad, I am going to play this for a while and see what I think. It should be interesting to see this latest translation. The intro closer matches the YS anime videos that I have watched (Adol is washed ashore after getting wrecked in that massive storm that prevents the islanders from escaping).

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/26/2009, 01:22 AMit's $34.99 at GS...the cd is included in all first run editions (was previously only for preorders).

Sensei

Got a Laseractive yesterday (with the Mega Drive expansion).  I will try to post pictures soon.

Sparky

me gots a CoreGrafx II in the mail :) but i need the official grey/orange controller still.
and a Saturn sampler game... Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams

Turbo D

$385 in books needed for spring semester. :x
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

PCEngineHell

Over the past few days...
Laser disc:
Rebel Storm
Total Recall widescreen THX
King Of New York widescreen
Alien widescreen THX
Starship Troopers widescreen (tested positive for zero rot/Aok)
Dellamorte Dellamore JP release
Zombie widescreen Roan release
Lone wolf and cub: Baby cart in peril
Lone wolf and cub: Baby cart at river styxx
Memorial valley massacre
Hellraiser 3 JP release
Phantasm 3
Phantoms widescreen

MVS:
Shock Troopers 2
Baseball Stars Pro
Fatal Fury

TG-Cd new/sealed:
Exile
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Shadow of the beast

Lots of Gi Joe stuff, far too much to list.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: turbo D on 02/27/2009, 02:18 AM$385 in books needed for spring semester. :x
Ugh, university book stores make a killing charging outrageous prices for textbooks. I miss university, but I don't miss spending all that money. Some profs, usually younger ones who still had the university experience fresh in their minds, would actually use booklets of photocopies instead of making the student pay $100 for a frakin' textbook. Anyway, I know your pain.  #-o

Total Recall, Alien,Zombie, Starship Troopers  =D&gt; =D&gt;

Hell, all your gets are aweseme! Can I come over and play? lol
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

new mook entries and a lose satellview: /haul20090228go1.jpg

jboypacman

Finally got rid of the last of my Sega Master System stuff and got the following Wii items in trade ......

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Samba De Amigo
Battle of the Bands
WiiPlay
Wiimote controller
Guitar Hero Guitar controller(2)
Wii Racing Wheel(2)

and i got this for the 360......

Sega SuperStar  Tennis/Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc

Most if not all am going to trade off down at one of the local stores that is looking for Wii stuff. :)

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin, that doorstop must be a pain to vacuum around.  Here in America they are attached to the wall with a little springy thing!  We have superior minds here and it is thinking like that which allowed us to create inventions to win World War 2.  USA!  USA!  USA!  :)

Blammo

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/01/2009, 12:12 PMTatsujin, that doorstop must be a pain to vacuum around.  Here in America they are attached to the wall with a little springy thing!  We have superior minds here and it is thinking like that which allowed us to create inventions to win World War 2.  USA!  USA!  USA!  :)
Oh, that thing. I thought you meant the Satellaview.

Ninja Spirit

rolins

Raked in some major payoola from my selling MSX games. Payed off the monthly bill and I had enough left over for a bunch of cheap jamma boards and arcade stuff. 

Jamma PCBs:

Robocop
Cal .50
Gondomania
Midnight Resistance
Victory Road
Heavy Barrel
SAR - Search and Rescue

Arcade parts:
2x Data East handles/cover top for SNK LS-30 sticks
Happ buttons
Seimitsu ball tops

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/01/2009, 12:12 PMTatsujin, that doorstop must be a pain to vacuum around.  Here in America they are attached to the wall with a little springy thing!  We have superior minds here and it is thinking like that which allowed us to create inventions to win World War 2.  USA!  USA!  USA!  :)
Perhaps Tats has self-cleaning carpet that works so dang well that it cleaned part of the base trim out of existence.  No worries though, we still have lots of nukes.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jboypacman

Ok i took all the items i got off that SMS trade(Wii stuff and a 360 game)and traded at the local "mom and pop" gameshop for a Blue PSP Thin w/memory stick,carrying case,Lords of DogTown UMD and King Kong game.

DJLobo

I've been on a NES/SNES kick lately. Here's what I've picked up:

NES

Crystalis
Startropics

SNES
Populous
Illusion of Gaia
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinstrals
Brainlord
Actraiser
Inindo: Way of the Ninja

I missed some good RPGs the first time around (Crystalis, Startropics, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia II), so I'm glad I was able to pick them up.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

Sparky

me gots this week in the mail and locally....

PCE... Space Invaders Plus
PS1... Arcade Party Pak: 720, Smash Tv, Klax, Rampage, Super Sprint & Toobin' on it also got Robotron X
Ps2... Ecco: Defender of the Future & Alone In The Dark (got AIND cheap, lets see how bad this really is  :-k)
NES... Cabal ( a gun game i dont have :) )

jperryss

Quote from: DJLobo on 03/04/2009, 02:47 PMI missed some good RPGs the first time around (Crystalis, Startropics, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia II), so I'm glad I was able to pick them up.
Illusion of Gaia was a great game. I would definitely check out SoulBlazer also (it's a little harder to find at a good price, but a great game nonetheless).

I hear Terranigma (UK) is also very good, but I haven't played it yet.

PCEngineHell

Nabbed two 5 packs of Gi Joe Resolute figures.

Arkhan Asylum

1 x PC-FX - Pia Carrot Youkoso!! (Welcome to Pia Carrot) [18+] () = $19.00
    Condition Used
1 x PC Engine CD - Advanced V.G. [18+] () = $15.00
    Condition Used
1 x PC Engine CD - Asuka 120% Maxima Burning Fest () = $19.00
    Condition Used
1 x PC Engine CD - Princess Maker 2 () = $5.00
    Condition Used
1 x PC Engine CD - Brandish () = $9.00
    Condition Used
1 x PC Engine CD - Puyo Puyo CD () = $13.00
    Condition Used
1 x Sega Saturn - Linkle Liver Story () = $7.50
    Condition Used
1 x Sega Saturn - Neogenesis:Evangelion Iron Maiden () = $4.00
    Condition Used
1 x Sega Saturn - Slayers Royal () = $4.00
    Condition Used
1 x Sega Saturn - Terra Phantastica () = $5.00
    Condition Used

Happy Early Birthday to me!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

termis

you should set up a retro video game shop tats.

guyjin

nectarsis

Duo_R

Bought a copy of Vasteel and Shapeshifter! Pics coming soon!

Sparky

nice haul there nec!!! i have to find me an official AC adaptor for my Express as well!!!

for me... well i got some goodness in the mail today and some local grabs as well.
In the mail i got for the TurboDuo...... Bonk 3: Bonks Big Adventure from a guy over on Digitpress :) I am getting closer to finishing up my TurboDuo game goodness now!!!

& locally what you see below in the pict, the camcorder is a 1987 Fisher Price toy that records picture & sound on just a regular audio tape, called PixelVision (ooooh fancy!!!) came with all hookups and manuals and she works to :P

/stufff.jpg

jboypacman

Picked up on a trade the following.....

Sega Genesis Collection and Namco Battle Museum for the PSP

Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda for the NES

Puzzle Quest for the DS

Duo_R

Congrats on the AC adapter NEC! :dance:

Windancer

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/09/2009, 02:46 PM/100_1390-1.jpg

/100_1389.jpg
I want that championship rally I love that game!

Joe Redifer

Hey Sparky, nice find on the Pixelvision!  Please take some footage and upload it to Youtube or something.  I remember seeing commercials for that and thinking "I can record real life on a cassette tape I would be so awesome if I had one!".  I know it is black and white only, but the concept is still really cool.

Tatsujin

wow..even wasn't aware of such a genius toy back in my childhood :shock: :shock: :D

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/11/2009, 08:14 AMwow..even wasn't aware of such a genius toy back in my childhood :shock: :shock: :D
Me neither!  :idea: Sparks can now do Turbografx reviews on the Pixelvision and post them on Youtube.  :wink:

Anyway, nice grabs Sparks!  =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"