Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

Good work spida1a I enjoy watching your reviews. Any chance you're gonna review Winds/Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder or Soldier Blade in the Future?
 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TR0N

Spida latest review is up keith courage in the lame zone is up  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rag-time4

As of now the great J.J. and Jeff has the most views of all his Turbo Reviews! :-({|=

TR0N

Another review up by spida  :dance:
New Adventure Island
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: TR0N on 04/14/2009, 01:36 AMAnother review up by spida  :dance:
New Adventure Island
I thoroughly enjoyed that review of one of my favourite games.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Windancer

Excellent to have you aboard chris. Thank you so much for the wonderful video reviews you do. They are really good. Hope you keep them commin bro. The pcengine/tg16 is my favorite system of all time and I think will be till I die! Thanks alot hope to talk to ya in the shoutbox or in a thread sometime  =D>

Ultra Luigi

I like his reviews. While they're done very well, there's one thing in particular that I enjoy the most of the them, he kicks butt playing games. There are so many video reviewers who complain so much about difficulty, and rate games poorly based on that.

A finally got a copy of AeroBlasters yesterday and sadly the second phase of the game gives me motion sickness. Ah my stomach is in pain right now and as much as I want to keep playing this game, I think I'm going to have to give up. This whole motion sickness thing all started about a year ago, and now it's affected my game time too. I can't even play the Virtual Boy anymore!  :(

ChrisBucci

Hey, thanks guys!

I try to play the game extremely thorough before making my decision on a rating and starting the review.

I'm with you....I hate people who play one or two stages and then say "this game sucks."  While you might not always agree with my ratings (some people find R-Type's difficulty the "genius"' of its design, I find it frustrating and, after-a-while, not much fun....though I still say it's an above-average game), hopefully through being "detailed" I can stand by my opinions. 
You know?

Anyway....thanks again!!!!
Chris

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Ultra Luigi on 04/25/2009, 05:39 PMI like his reviews. While they're done very well, there's one thing in particular that I enjoy the most of the them, he kicks butt playing games. There are so many video reviewers who complain so much about difficulty, and rate games poorly based on that.

A finally got a copy of AeroBlasters yesterday and sadly the second phase of the game gives me motion sickness. Ah my stomach is in pain right now and as much as I want to keep playing this game, I think I'm going to have to give up. This whole motion sickness thing all started about a year ago, and now it's affected my game time too. I can't even play the Virtual Boy anymore!  :(
That sucks man. I wonder if there is anything you can do before gaming that would alleviate your motion sickness.  :-k
IMG

Mathius

I have really enjoyed your reviews! I am new to the Turbo scene and got my TG-16 with the CD-ROM add on just recently. I am looking for great games to begin my collection and your "Neutopia" review has me very excited. I'll pick up a copy on eBay this week. Keep it up, bro. =D>

Ultra Luigi

Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/27/2009, 10:50 AMThat sucks man. I wonder if there is anything you can do before gaming that would alleviate your motion sickness.  :-k
I wish there was something to help me out. So far I can't play flight simulators, Aero Blasters, the Virtual Boy and Contra 3: The Alien Wars lol.

@Mathius: Although I've had my Turbo for more than 10 years, I still consider myself a newcomer as I'm still learning a lot about this great system. I too am building up my collection but I only have a TG-16 at the moment. As of today I'm up to 26 games! Glad to have yah aboard man.

Lorfarius

I've been doing a few PC Engine game playthroughs on my Youtube channel (see my sig). Not proper reviews just myself fumbling through games  :)
My own Retro gaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Lorfarius

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Lorfarius on 05/11/2009, 04:06 PMI've been doing a few PC Engine game playthroughs on my Youtube channel (see my sig). Not proper reviews just myself fumbling through games  :)
Cool. I'll be checkin' it out.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Lord Thag

QuoteThat sucks man. I wonder if there is anything you can do before gaming that would alleviate your motion sickness
This may sound obvious, but have you ever tried Dramamine? I hear that works for some people. Navy guys use it to alleviate seasickness.
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

spenoza

Sadly, Dramamine is also an antihistamine and probably shouldn't be taken if you are on other antihistamines. Also, it tends to be drowsy-making.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2009, 01:52 PMSadly, Dramamine is also an antihistamine and probably shouldn't be taken if you are on other antihistamines. Also, it tends to be drowsy-making.
Have you tried the 'less-drowsy' Dramamine or Antivert?  They're based on a different drug than 'normal' Dramamine, so they might work without making you quite as sleepy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

I noticed, spida1a, that you did an awesome(as always :D) review of Dungeon Explorer II for the Duo. This is a U.S. release but I can't find that dang thing anywhere! The awesome group of people here recommended the japanese version but I kind of like the story of the first game and would like to continue it. I guess there are walkthroughs but I'd rather just read english. Do you or anybody else know a place to pick this up and how much?

Lorfarius

Quote from: Mathius on 05/16/2009, 11:55 PMI noticed, spida1a, that you did an awesome(as always :D) review of Dungeon Explorer II for the Duo. This is a U.S. release but I can't find that dang thing anywhere! The awesome group of people here recommended the japanese version but I kind of like the story of the first game and would like to continue it. I guess there are walkthroughs but I'd rather just read english. Do you or anybody else know a place to pick this up and how much?
eBay is probably the best bet. Think I saw it recently for about $20.
My own Retro gaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Lorfarius

RoyVegas

Quote from: Lorfarius on 05/17/2009, 09:08 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/16/2009, 11:55 PMI noticed, spida1a, that you did an awesome(as always :D) review of Dungeon Explorer II for the Duo. This is a U.S. release but I can't find that dang thing anywhere! The awesome group of people here recommended the japanese version but I kind of like the story of the first game and would like to continue it. I guess there are walkthroughs but I'd rather just read english. Do you or anybody else know a place to pick this up and how much?
eBay is probably the best bet. Think I saw it recently for about $20.
I believe he was saying people recommeded the jap version but he still wanted the US version.   That being the case I don't think you saw it on eBay for $20.00.  Maybe you saw Dungeon Explorer (the first version) and not version II.
All is well. :)

Mathius

Yeah the first one is plentiful on eBay but I can't find the american version of II anywhere.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Mathius on 05/17/2009, 02:10 PMYeah the first one is plentiful on eBay but I can't find the american version of II anywhere.
I feel your pain.  Its one of the very few games I am missing for my collection.  Personally I think if you can find it, it will probably be in the $80-$120 range.
All is well. :)

Mathius

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/17/2009, 04:45 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/17/2009, 02:10 PMYeah the first one is plentiful on eBay but I can't find the american version of II anywhere.
I feel your pain.  Its one of the very few games I am missing for my collection.  Personally I think if you can find it, it will probably be in the $80-$120 range.
That's not too bad.

TR0N

The u.s version of DEII doesn't show up offen on ebay.It's not realy rare,but when it does show up expect to pay $100.00+ if any thing at all.Unless you go with a jpn DE2...wich usely cost about $20.00 also keep in mind it's menus are in english.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 05/18/2009, 12:00 AM
The u.s version of DEII doesn't show up offen on ebay.It's not realy rare,but when it does show up expect to pay $100.00+ if any thing at all.Unless you go with a jpn DE2...wich usely cost about $20.00 also keep in mind it's menus are in english.
Menus in english? Sounds cool.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 05/18/2009, 12:48 AMMenus in english? Sounds cool.
I think that the english menus consist of "New Game" or "Load" after the title screen and that the in-game menus are english in the PCE version.

If anyone is willing to drop over $100 on DEII in english without playing it first, why not spend a measly $20 on the PCE first and decide if it's worth it?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 05/18/2009, 01:06 AM
I think that the english menus consist of "New Game" or "Load" after the title screen and that the in-game menus are english in the PCE version.

If anyone is willing to drop over $100 on DEII in english without playing it first, why not spend a measly $20 on the PCE first and decide if it's worth it?
That is what I just did :lol: I am going to try this mint copy found on ebay :dance:

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 05/18/2009, 01:10 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/18/2009, 01:06 AM

Congrats then buying the pce version is one way to see if the game is for you or not.
That is what I just did :lol: I am going to try this mint copy found on ebay :dance:
IMG

TR0N

Spida lastest is up now he tortures himself by playing timeball  :shock:
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: TR0N on 05/26/2009, 01:27 AMSpida lastest is up now he tortures himself by playing timeball  :shock:
Sweet! I'll be checkin' this out tonight.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/26/2009, 07:53 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/26/2009, 01:27 AMSpida lastest is up now he tortures himself by playing timeball  :shock:
Sweet! I'll be checkin' this out tonight.  :mrgreen:
I was the very first viewer :dance: I was never very familiar with Timeball, now I am glad I wasn't. What a stinker!

ChrisBucci

Thanks everyone.  You guys, as always, as the absolute best!!       :dance:

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 06/08/2009, 06:51 PMThanks everyone.  You guys, as always, as the absolute best!!       :dance:
Np man now how about a neutopia II or devil crush review  :wink:
IMG

ChrisBucci

Okay TRON. 

I have a bunch of games on the "back log" (that I'm getting to slowly).  But, I'll put those two on the list! 
I just uploaded Bonk's Adventure in case you're really bored today to check it out.  He He!

Ceti Alpha

I was just playing MAME the other day and came across Cuebrick, which was released in 1989, a year earlier than Timeball for the PCE/TG. Exactly the same type of gameplay, but definitely not quite as bland as Timeball, with the colourful backgrounds and whatnot. I guess if Timeball was released as a SuperCD/CD game we would have been treated to something more along these lines.

IMG
IMG

Mathius

Surprising to see Konami made that game :-k

TR0N

Latest spida review since yesterday legendary axe  =D>
IMG

ChrisBucci

Hey, thanks guys!   :D

This is my favorite forum.  I love reading the discussions!!!
I just uploaded my "Last Alert" review last week, in case you're seriously bored.  Thanks for the friendship and support!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/c/cgbucci
https://www.youtube.com/user/spida1a

Chris Bucci

esteban

Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/09/2009, 08:32 AMI was just playing MAME the other day and came across Cuebrick, which was released in 1989, a year earlier than Timeball for the PCE/TG. Exactly the same type of gameplay, but definitely not quite as bland as Timeball, with the colourful backgrounds and whatnot. I guess if Timeball was released as a SuperCD/CD game we would have been treated to something more along these lines.

IMG
Holy crap, how did I miss this when you first posted it? This game rocks, it has nice polish.

Of course, CUEBRICK (I like many of his films, as well), is one of many clones of the original sweetness:

IMG

I know you know this, already. I just want us to bask in the glory of Diablo.

Unfortunately, I fear that Hudson wouldn't have put out anything as sweet as CUEBRICK... maybe FACE or UPL or Naxat would have spent the time to really polish things for a "minor" title like Blodia Special Edition (Red Book soundtrack, muthaf***ers).

If ever there was a homebrew that appealed to only 3-4 people in the entire universe, it would be Blodia Special Edition SCD.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ceti Alpha

hahaha esteban  :lol:

Teh Stanley Cue Brick
IMG

sideshow

You guys should check out spida1a's youtube page.  He put together a DVD collection of his reviews.

Ceti Alpha

Yeah, I'll definitely be picking up that DVD.
IMG

_Paul

Chris' awesome DVD reviews set is available for order now.
http://www.turboviews.com/

Duo_R

i got a nice program that is converting these to watch on my blackberry so i no longer have to stream. next stop: PSP. for sure i will get DVD set!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

ChrisBucci

Hey, thanks guys. 

Like the show, the DVD was a retro/Turbo "labor-of-love."  I tried to add a TON of extra stuff to make the DVD set worth it. 

The main show will always be on YouTube, though, first.  :)

In fact, the next one hopefully will be uploaded in the next day.   O:)

Thanks to everyone for the support and friendship (and also a quick shout to Esteban from this forum who "out of the kindess of his heart" re-designed www.turboviews.com for me). 
Talk to you soon!

Mathius

Just got the DVD today! I really like your commentary on the ones I have watched so far spida. The two games that held zero nostalgia for you(Magical Chase and Syd Mead's Terraforming) were particularly cool. It's just SO cool to have an archive of TurboGrafix reviews! Thanks Spida1!

Ceti Alpha

IMG

esteban

Folks, you can watch the newest episode now...
IMG

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/25/2009, 10:38 AMNice work on the turboviews.com site esteban!  8)
Thank you. Here's a quick "before and after" :

OLDWIPNEW
IMG
IMGIMG

I recycled a lot of old stuff, but it was fun :)

I included the WIP to show you the corny "YouTube" thing in the upper-left-hand corner that I, thankfully, changed.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ceti Alpha

IMG

TR0N

Another TG16 review up by spida.

Bonks Revenge
IMG

Ceti Alpha

IMG