RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

A black Sharp Twin Famicom w/ Kirby and Donkey Kong Jr. for $75!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Snatched this up off craigs list for $50.

Sega Saturn w/25 games and 3 Controllers

3 Controllers
All Hookups
Working (A friend is playing it now)
Great Condition

Games:
w/Box and Instructions

Panzer Dragoon
NHL Power Play
SimCity 2000
Tomb Raider
Gun Griffon
Soviet Strick
Bug Too
Virtua Cop 2
NHL Allstar
Alone in The Dark
NHL 97
Solar Eclipse
Ghen War
Myst
Nights into Dreams
Battle Stations

Games
In jewel Cases

Sega Rally
Mortal Kobat II
Gex
Daytona USA
Panzer Dragoon Demo
Doom
D (2 disc)
Die Hard Arcade
Mortal Kombat III

Funny thing is its actually 27 games as another copy of Daytona and a Virtua Fighter 2 were found when I opened this box up last friday night!! 

=)  yay for me!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

The Sega Sports Pad is pretty cool, but I don't think it would work well with golf games since they all use the TAP-TAP-TAP style of swinging to my knowledge.  It works great with ASStro Warrior and games like that.  I even used it to play Sagaia and Sonic 1 on the Genesis.  I got surprisingly far in both games!  Now I want to try Marble Madness on either Genesis, SMS or both.

blueraven

I bought 2 2-button PCE controllers, one pd-6 and one pd-8 for $10 apiece. I know they were expensive, but when you see them in person its a bit different than online. Hell I would probably impulse-buy Keith Courage if I saw it in person.

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 06/08/2009, 05:14 PMI bought 2 2-button PCE controllers, one pc-6 and one pc-8 for $10 apiece.
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the meanings of pc-6 and pc-8?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Sorry pd-6 and pd-8. A blue & black controller, and a orange & grey controller. will correct the previous post. Both Coregrafx controllers.

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 06/08/2009, 05:42 PMSorry pd-6 and pd-8. A blue & black controller, and a orange & grey controller. will correct the previous post. Both Coregrafx controllers.
Oooooh, they're part numbers; I should've guessed that.  :oops:

That's not that bad of price, considering you got 'em local and didn't have to pay shipping.

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 06/08/2009, 05:14 PMI bought 2 2-button PCE controllers, one pd-6 and one pd-8 for $10 apiece. I know they were expensive, but when you see them in person its a bit different than online. Hell I would probably impulse-buy Keith Courage if I saw it in person.
That's exactly what I did last month. Saw a copy of Keith Courage(the only Turbo game in the store) under glass, complete and looked like it had never been used. Went for $4. Now Keith Courage is doing what Keith Courage does best...looking pretty on my shelf :lol:

guyjin

Quote from: Mathius on 06/08/2009, 11:23 PMSaw a copy of Keith Courage(the only Turbo game in the store) under glass, complete and looked like it had never been used. Went for $4. Now Keith Courage is doing what Keith Courage does best...looking pretty on my shelf :lol:
did it have the comic?

Mathius

Quote from: guyjin on 06/09/2009, 06:12 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/08/2009, 11:23 PMSaw a copy of Keith Courage(the only Turbo game in the store) under glass, complete and looked like it had never been used. Went for $4. Now Keith Courage is doing what Keith Courage does best...looking pretty on my shelf :lol:
did it have the comic?
YEP! :D

blueraven

Quote from: Mathius on 06/09/2009, 11:47 AM
Quote from: guyjin on 06/09/2009, 06:12 AM
did it have the comic?
YEP! :D

:shock:

Great score Mathius! I too feel the obligation even if it's a loosey Salamander. I'd rather return them to the fray then let them sit under glass.

Mathius

Today down at McVan's Video Games in Indianapolis I scored a sealed copy of Shape Shifter for $35. They also had a sealed Prince of Persia for the same price but can't afford it this week. So, with the Twin Famicom and Shape Shifter it's been a very good week :D

Grandmaster

Quote from: Mathius on 06/09/2009, 04:46 PMToday down at McVan's Video Games in Indianapolis I scored a sealed copy of Shape Shifter for $35. They also had a sealed Prince of Persia for the same price but can't afford it this week. So, with the Twin Famicom and Shape Shifter it's been a very good week :D
which mcvans? i have been to the one in fishers when it was there and in broad ripple which is the store's current location. im not sure how i feel about them really since ive had some annoying experiences there, but they are pretty much the only place i know of that sells older games.

Mathius

Quote from: Grandmaster on 06/09/2009, 09:26 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/09/2009, 04:46 PMToday down at McVan's Video Games in Indianapolis I scored a sealed copy of Shape Shifter for $35. They also had a sealed Prince of Persia for the same price but can't afford it this week. So, with the Twin Famicom and Shape Shifter it's been a very good week :D
which mcvans? i have been to the one in fishers when it was there and in broad ripple which is the store's current location. im not sure how i feel about them really since ive had some annoying experiences there, but they are pretty much the only place i know of that sells older games.
:shock: Wow, small world. I found these at the current Broad Ripple location. Their prices are a little high but they have a good selection.

jboypacman

Manage to score a loose copy of Frankenstein's Monster for the Atari 2600 off of Ebay which was great seeing as i have been looking for a copy. :D

BlackandBlue

I scored a TGCD/dock/sys card for $75 on ebay.  Kinda excited about that one.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

jperryss

With the help of a few DP members, got a few of the last of what I'm collecting for the SNES.  Earthbound, woohoo!

/DSC02749.jpg

Also got a boxed ZAMN and a couple of TG games.

/DSC02753.jpg

Mathius

Congrats on the snes lot jperryss =D> Earthbound is obviously a great find and U.N. Squadron is a great game IMO.

Mathius

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 06/12/2009, 08:23 PMI scored a TGCD/dock/sys card for $75 on ebay.  Kinda excited about that one.
Good score on that TG-CD! I am jealous because I paid $149 for mine and I thought that was a good deal.

Ninja Spirit

Last week's scores
IMG
IMG

And a snap of the infamous Download game over screen when you die in stage 1-2. that shit had me rolling
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 06/13/2009, 04:08 PMAnd a snap of the infamous Download game over screen when you die in stage 1-2. that shit had me rolling
Nice. I just picked that one up recently and yeah the game over screens cracked me up.

SHIT, IS NOT THIS A GREAT BEGINNING.

jboypacman

I have both of the Download games and there great! Try out part 2 if you get a chance its a pretty CD shooter.

Tatsujin

1st digicam made by sega ('95/'96):

/p1070449l.jpg

makes 320*240 shots saved on smart media. lol
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ninja Spirit

That's hot tats, looks well ahead of its time for being mid 90's.

What the hell is up with Download stage 6-4?! This is what happens when Japanese programmers tweak the AI under the influence of saki.

override

I scored myself a Duo-R today...$149.99 + S/H = $218.00 Pretty good deal if you ask me!

Pretty White system, RGB Modded, 2 games, Tenokoe Hu, Avenue 3 Pad! Ill throw a region mod in this bad boy and an LED mod and it'll be on its way to sweetness!

Heres the pics from the ebay seller:

IMG
/Duo-RAcc.jpg

Oh and heres my new Digital Capacitance Meter I bought the other day too!

/100_0780.jpg
IMG

BlackandBlue

Quote from: Mathius on 06/12/2009, 09:58 PM
Quote from: BlackandBlue on 06/12/2009, 08:23 PMI scored a TGCD/dock/sys card for $75 on ebay.  Kinda excited about that one.
Good score on that TG-CD! I am jealous because I paid $149 for mine and I thought that was a good deal.
I lucked out, I must say.  He said that the only problem is that it says close the cover even with it closed.  I figure it must be a really easy fix (like a broken switch).  I think I bought it like an hour after it was posted on ebay.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

jboypacman

Got a PCE Briefcase unit from Rising Stuff(Which the CD player does not work and is missing its controller which Sensei is going to replace and send me the controller for. )

Space Harrier

Loose copies of Fantasy Zone and Momotaro Katsugeki

Futureboy Conan

Tennokoe Bank

All for the PC Engine.

blueraven

Submitted a best offer and ended up with 3 broken X-Boxes.

SuperDeadite

Metal Slug 5 for Neo Geo, and a Famicom 3D System.  The 3D System is a fun little toy.  I currently only have one game that uses it though.  I need them all.  (There's only like 6 LOL)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

guyjin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/16/2009, 09:49 AMMetal Slug 5 for Neo Geo, and a Famicom 3D System.  The 3D System is a fun little toy.  I currently only have one game that uses it though.  I need them all.  (There's only like 6 LOL)
Which game is that? If you're looking for suggestions, I really liked 3D world runner growing up. It used a cheesy red and blue effect here, but in Japan I think it used the 3d system.

Ninja Spirit

Definitely get Falsion by Konami.

SuperDeadite

I have Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally.  It's a good game  8)  From my research only the following games use it:

Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally (FDS)
Falsion (FDS)
3D Deep Dungeon (FDS)
3D JJ Tobidase Daisakusen (FDS)
3D JJ Tobidase Daisakusen 2 (Cart)
Cosmic Epsilon (Cart)
Highway Star (Cart)
Attack Animal Gauken (Cart)

Only 8 games.  Strangely there are other Famicom games that support Red+Blue 3D glasses, but they won't work with official 3D system.

hoobs88

Got these with some leftover Christmas Gift Cards. I only had to pay the sales tax.

IMG

IGN rated Robocalypse 8.9/10 and I agree. Wicked cool game!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

blueraven

3 Broken Xbox 360's ($60!), 5 HDMI cables.

BlackandBlue

Mailman brought some happiness

IMG

guyjin

Tatsujin

@SuperDeadite: get highway star (aka rad racer). it's probably the one to get with most ease and cheap and it's also one of the best.

@guy. the famicom version uses the usual alternate eye covering trick, with a LCD film in the google to blank the visor. the game itself then alternates between two view pictures, synchronized with the google.
the effect is amazing, but it also halfs the framerate which gives you some headache after a while.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2009, 08:16 PM@guy. the famicom version uses the usual alternate eye covering trick, with a LCD film in the google to blank the visor. the game itself then alternates between two view pictures, synchronized with the google.
the effect is amazing, but it also halfs the framerate which gives you some headache after a while.
I know. I've never seen this in person ( :cry: ) but I do know how it works. I was under the impression that 3D world runner was originally intended for those glasses, but changed in the US to use the red and blue method.  #-o

Tatsujin

yeah..the red blue method is cheap and more affordable for the western kids. adds like the 3D google would have failed 100x more than it had in japan. and in japan it already had epic failed. only sega did that mistake once :lol:

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guyjin on 06/17/2009, 09:23 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2009, 08:16 PM@guy. the famicom version uses the usual alternate eye covering trick, with a LCD film in the google to blank the visor. the game itself then alternates between two view pictures, synchronized with the google.
I know. I've never seen this in person ( :cry: ) but I do know how it works. I was under the impression that 3D world runner was originally intended for those glasses, but changed in the US to use the red and blue method.  #-o
You are correct:  3D World Runner = JJ Tobidase Daisakusen :)

Hey Tatsujin, I'm not sure if my googles are working correctly.  When I play 3D Hot Rally with them, I get "double-vision" with the background.  Meaning I see 2 buildings when there is only 1.  The foreground looks just fine though...

Sinistron

I've recently concluded my current buying spree (starring the likes of Horror Story, Beyond Shadowgate and Tatsujin- among others) with the purchases of Sylphia (for $135) and a loose japanese Magical Chase  :) 
I now only have to buy Download, Rock-On and Darius Plus to have every vert/horizontal hucard shooter- not counting cross country redundancies and Hudson tournament specials...
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

geise

Have you played that Beyond Shadowgate yet Sin?

Sparky

Quote from: Sinistron on 06/18/2009, 09:12 AMI've recently concluded my current buying spree (starring the likes of Horror Story, Beyond Shadowgate and Tatsujin- among others) with the purchases of Sylphia (for $135) and a loose japanese Magical Chase  :) 
Nice Sin!!! especially on the MC......i just bought Beyond Shadowgate as well and it arrived today :) also i found a few box NES games...
XEXYZ
Thundercade
Laser Invasion
Mad Max
Kirby's Adventure
Vice: Project Doom
Legacy of the Wizard
Micro Machines

Sinistron

Quote from: geise on 06/19/2009, 09:46 AMHave you played that Beyond Shadowgate yet Sin?
Not yet geise- I will soon however  :)
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

override

Well after waking up this am to find that the post lady left a pink slip for a package she tried to deliver I was really anxious to track her down and get my package....SO I called the Post Office (which is closed on Saturdays) and talked to the supervisor Nate. Nate told me that if I call back at about 5 today he could tell me if she was there. So instead of calling back at 5 I went to the Post Office at 4:20ish and called him back. I told him I was sitting in the parking lot and was gonna wait until the post lady got back from her route. He said that was find and I gave him my number. I sat in that parking lot till 5:40 when she finally showed up. I walked to the gate and yelled out "Do you deliver the reserve apartments?" she exclaims back to me "Yes....Hold on really quick!" In all my excitement I damn near nutted my pants! lol

She told me"Go ahead and drive on around just ignore the BIG DO NOT ENTER SIGN" So I proceeded to drive around to find that she had disappeared.  :?

About 10 minutes passed by and she finally comes walking out of the Post office with my package in hand! I told her my story and that I had sat in the parking lot for over an hr waiting on her. She told me to come in so I could sign off for it and guided me to the back intrance where all the magic happens! I signed off on the package and gave her a big hug!!!! She told me to have a nice day and be careful out there! hehehe

=P~                                  =P~                                     =P~                                          =P~                                         =P~

So I got home and unpacked it! Everything was individually bubblewrapped and was in pristene condition! The tenokoe bank works good, L-Dis is a pretty cool game although rather difficult and then some other game of what seems like maybe an RPG or comic type game Im not sure its all in Japanese is complete with spine card! Everything is in minty fresh condition minus a small crack on the back of the tenokoe jewel case.....Easily fixed tho!

I already have pics posted of the Duo from the auction page but if anyone wants I can post up pics of it in my possesion although I dont see the need. 

8)                                   8)                                    8)                                          8)                                        8)

Oh yes and I also recieved my Minty Fresh Ys III game today CIJ!!!!!Not a scratch or smudge on the CD and the book looks like it has never been taken outa the case.
IMG

Tatsujin

100yen PCE/3DO/SS games & 20 bucks hitbit MSX2 HB-F1 & div. :)

/haul20090621.jpg

guyjin

=P~

Of course, your wifey bought you all that for fathers day, right?  :wink:

Tatsujin

lol..i wish the fathers day would be celebrated this much here to get such goodies from wifey (and later son) :lol:

BlackandBlue

I found a lady on Craigslist selling a TG16 with games for $45 an hour and a half from me.  After speaking with her, I found out she was going to be in my area (only 40 minutes away) for her job today.  I knew that one of the games she had was Soldier Blade and I really wanted it.  So, I met up with her today and bought the TG16 and games.  We went out to her car and she pulled out a TG16 box and I almost creamed my pants.  I was expecting a reagular cardboard box with the console and some Hu's, not a retail box.  Then, she went back and grabbed the games.  ALL CIB!!!!  I then proceeded to make a mess of myself.  I couldn't thank her enough.  Here's some pics of today's treasure!

(PS- If anyone has the paperwork that came with the original console, let me know if you are willing to sell.  I would love to make it truly complete.)

IMG
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Holy shit!  Quite the steal there, BlackandBlue.  =D&gt;