The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

vertical force was my fav back when i had the system. it's a good soldier sequel :) in fact the best post PCE..LOL
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/13/2009, 09:26 PMI take a 2 minute break when the system auto-pauses,
it auto pauses?  :-k how often?

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperDeadite

Auto-pause depends on the game.  Some do it by time (every 15 minutes or so).  Other games do it at set points.  Vertical Force auto-pauses between every stage.  You can disable the auto-pause feature also.  Yeah Vertical Force is fun, very "soldier-ish" and a one of the best VB games.  It really makes me want to try Blade Eagle on SMS, as they both have the same 2-plane gimmick.  :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

blueraven

Quote from: guyjin on 07/13/2009, 05:29 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/13/2009, 09:35 AMGood old Recycle Store had a nice Virtual Boy for $30.  Most of the games were only $5 too.
$30 for the Virtual Boy, $5 for the games, $10,000 for the Vicodin addiction you will soon develop.
:lol: Don't play the system after a few beers. Teleroboxer is way fun but if your not careful  :-& .....

Digi.k

The secret of monkey island special edition

IMG

Joe Redifer

Alien Soldier for the 16-Bit Sega Genesis video game system complete with fantastic USA-style (Keranu approved) box art:

IMG

Turbo D

I bought a bunch of LaserDisc movies today. Below is a title I thought you dudes might enjoy seeing. :wink:

IMG
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

There was a Gunhed movie!?  =P~

please let us know if it's any good!  [-o&lt;

Tatsujin

override

Hey guys,

I finaly got my money so I could pay for my newly used Pace Digital Soldering Station! I believe I can use solder tweezes with this station for easy chip removal as well! This sucker has a range of 350 - 850 degress F!

I almost bought a solder/desolder rework station but man those things jump at the last minute on the auctions...so this was my next best choice!

Picked it up for $40  :wink:

/Mydigitalsolderingstation.jpg
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Nice grab. I thought the device on the right was some sort of atari/intellivision controller.  :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Zeon

Quote from: guyjin on 07/16/2009, 05:59 AMThere was a Gunhed movie!?  =P~

Uh dude, the Famicom and PCE Gunhed games were BASED on the movie. :P

jboypacman

Got Cadash for the PC Engine today and by adding it to my collection it puts me at 80 PCE games Woot! Not impressive as some your guys fantastic collections but a milestone for me. :D

override

Quote from: jboypacman on 07/16/2009, 04:22 PMGot Cadash for the PC Engine today and by adding it to my collection it puts me at 80 PCE games Woot! Not impressive as some your guys fantastic collections but a milestone for me. :D
Nice! jboy, thats much better than my 20 -30 somethign games.
IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: Zeon on 07/16/2009, 03:50 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 07/16/2009, 05:59 AMThere was a Gunhed movie!?  =P~

Uh dude, the Famicom and PCE Gunhed games were BASED on the movie. :P
You dudes can check out my review in the following thread:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=120401
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

jboypacman

Thanks Override! its only a matter of time when you will have over a 100 games yourself. :D

jboypacman

Got a few loose Hu-Cards for the PC Engine today from a good friend of mine for free.....

Afterburner II
Fire Pro Combination Tag
Momotarou Densetsu Turbo
World Beach Volley

override

Quote from: jboypacman on 07/17/2009, 04:32 PMGot a few loose Hu-Cards for the PC Engine today from a good friend of mine for free.....

Afterburner II
Fire Pro Combination Tag
Momotarou Densetsu Turbo
World Beach Volley
Coolness! Always nice to get free stuff!

Hows that Afterbuner game? Is it worth buying?
IMG

Tatsujin

the pce afterburner was by far the best 8/16bit conversion. it was 1stly beaten by the x32 version years later. so yes, it's very worth. especially if playing it on the GT/LT.

override

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/17/2009, 11:52 PMthe pce afterburner was by far the best 8/16bit conversion. it was 1stly beaten by the x32 version years later. so yes, it's very worth. especially if playing it on the GT/LT.
Cool thanks for the nice, quick review!
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Best find of July 09. Just 8 bucks
IMG

guyjin

Ninja Spirit

Oh yeah got these in the mail yesterday

/1187178081629_.jpg

The boxed one: The Japanese only sequel to "Flying Warriors"

The other two are Commando and Captain Tsubasa (Tecmo World Cup)

blueraven

A sealed Cosmic Fantasy 2, a year of XBOX live, and a tank of gas.

bust3dstr8

Picked up my first vert game board.

/rfers.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

hoobs88

IMG
Valkyrie Densetsu for PC Engine
Adventure Island for PC Engine
Time Cruise II for PC Engine
Strider Returns for Sega Game Gear
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

blueraven

Bonk's Revenge and Splatterhouse hueys fell out of a box of old video games at a bookstore I was at yesterday. Needless To say I went :shock: and almost fainted. They even had price tags and everything, $14 later I didnt even haggle! :mrgreen:

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 07/20/2009, 04:40 PMBonk's Revenge and Splatterhouse hueys fell out of a box of old video games at a bookstore I was at yesterday. Needless To say I went :shock: and almost fainted. They even had price tags and everything, $14 later I didnt even haggle! :mrgreen:
I keep saying this... but I hope something like this happens to me one of these years. Lord knows I've been patient.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jperryss

Some TG16 huey goodness, courtesy of a DP member.

IMG

Joe Redifer

Nice haul!!  I still need Bloody Wolf, Bravoman (cheesy as it may be) and Psychosis (boring as it may be).

nectarsis

First games in AWHILE
Super Robot Taisen K for the DS
Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ for the DS
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jboypacman

Yeah Afterburner II on the PCE is a fantastic port if you have not played it or the port of Outrun you need to give them both a try they are just great. :D

Tatsujin

/haul20090724.jpg

sealed and promo sealed 3DO soft :)
/3dosealed.jpg

Ninja Spirit

Though I don't have a Famicom Disk System, I did a little prep-buying

Esper Dream and Gall Force: Eternal Story. Esper Dream 2 on Famicom (the final Konami game to use VRC6) is so damn elusive!
IMG

Joe Redifer

A super-awesome condition Bloody Wolf courtesy of fellow forum member Ninja Spirit (thanks!) and a new Casio watch!

bloodywolfcasio.jpg

SuperDeadite

I finally have FLYING POWER DISK (Windjammers) !!!!!!!

IMG

Tatsujin

you went to teh super potatlo!!!

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/02/2009, 12:45 PMyou went to teh super potatlo!!!
Yes, but Space Squash was the only game to be purchased there.  :dance:

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/01/2009, 03:33 AMA super-awesome condition Bloody Wolf courtesy of fellow forum member Ninja Spirit (thanks!) and a new Casio watch!
bloodywolfcasio.jpg
That is the best photo ever. Is this for realz? I honestly don't know.

Regardless, it deserves to be enshrined in this special thread.

And so it shall be.

Joe Redifer

It's real.  I took it with my new DSLR camera using existing lighting in the room.  The only thing I Photoshopped was cropping off some edges and the size.  :)

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/01/2009, 03:33 AMA super-awesome condition Bloody Wolf courtesy of fellow forum member Ninja Spirit (thanks!) and a new Casio watch!
bloodywolfcasio.jpg
Ohhhhhhh snap! looks like a post card to me!

esteban

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/02/2009, 02:53 PM
bloodywolfcasio.jpg
Ohhhhhhh snap! looks like a post card to me!
And so it was. :)

RoyVegas

Got my first arcade games today.  $150 each off of Craigslist!  Yey me!

/arcade001.jpg
All is well. :)

Grandmaster

ah, the warm glow of arcade screens.. what a nice look and feel. congrats on the pick-ups   :)

oldskool

This has got to be physically the largest "what did you buy today" post ever!

RoyVegas

Ah and speaking of moving them.  I want to thank Windancer and Oldskool for helping me unload them and get them into my house!

NecroPhile

Nice haul on the arcade machines, Roy.  8)

Quote from: RoyVegas on 08/04/2009, 01:39 PMAh and speaking of moving them.  I want to thank Windancer and Oldskool for helping me unload them and get them into my house!
Did you give 'em ice packs for their backs and fistfuls of quarters as a reward?  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 08/04/2009, 03:17 PMNice haul on the arcade machines, Roy.  8)

Quote from: RoyVegas on 08/04/2009, 01:39 PMAh and speaking of moving them.  I want to thank Windancer and Oldskool for helping me unload them and get them into my house!
Did you give 'em ice packs for their backs and fistfuls of quarters as a reward?  :lol:
Ice packs?  Those workhorses didn't even break a sweat! 

They didn't get any quarters for their hard work however the door is always open for free play any time they wish..  Come to think of it, Oldskool actually found a fistfull of change in the bottom of Power Stone but refused to keep it.

jboypacman

Galaga 88' very nice! Congrats on that one and the rest. :D