@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

My WHOOPING 4th Wii game.
/100_1764.jpg

Last few days have been good to us...

/100_1759.jpg
/100_1760.jpg
/100_1761.jpg
/100_1762.jpg

not included is our brand new washer...ummmm YEA  #-o
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

damn nec. that's just freakin' awesome =D>
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Two brand new 6-foot HDMI cables for 1 cent each from Amazon

IMG

Tatsujin

wow.. that's probably cheaper than the material cost they're made off. and probaly even cheaper than the costs of the chinese childs hand, which made 'em.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/24/2009, 10:55 PMTwo brand new 6-foot HDMI cables for 1 cent each from Amazon
I got a cable as well... the shipping is where they made their money. Still, $3 ain't bad. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Yeah.  Almost as good of a deal for a $100 4-foot Monster® Cable™!

override

Finally got my long awaited Nintendo 64 package today! Snagged it for $36, guy shipped parcel so it took freaking forever to get here...

Supposed to be complete in box, which it is, but there is no paperwork or plastic bagging that the system may or may not have come in, so technically I wouldnt consider it completely complete in box....lol

Ill post a picture up later, overall condition seems good, I still have not plugged it in yet to test, I noticed it never had the memory expansion pak put in it, and I dont have one so I'll be needing one of those.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Picked this up today!

IMG

PS3 Slim $299.00

Turbo D

IMG

Michelle surprised me with this today! :mrgreen:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

override

Nice Pickups! Joe and Turbo D  =D&gt;

That batman game looks like its gonna be kickass!

Let us know what you think about it.

If only I had know of them slimline version I prolly would have waited a little long to get my system, I have the 80 gig standard size version.
IMG

Lucifer

Just this.

IMG

Sparky

just in the mail today from Rising Stuff!!!  ya, ya going to be a good night  :wink:

Joe!!! still loving your 1998 pictures styles..classy

IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2009, 08:11 PMjust in the mail today from Rising Stuff!!!  ya, ya going to be a good night  :wink:

Joe!!! still loving your 1998 pictures styles..classy

IMG
I actually like the soundtrack to Avenger. Most folks probably wouldn't get excited about it, and not all the tracks amazing, but Avenger has the Telenet / Laser Soft "house band" sound that I dig. I love it. Some of the tracks are pure sweetness.

As for the game itself... well, it's OK; the fact that you can shoot diagonally when moving is a bit of a novelty.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

/60GBPS3.png
/PS3lot1.png
/nemoandmm.png

You know i all most did settle on buying a new PS3 instead. Then i saw a used,60GB over at neo-geo.com and i got that model instead.When it came down to it i wanted that bc for PS2 games. Beside it having the other features that i wanted as well.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

Rockman is classic, of course, but Little Nemo gets overlooked a lot.

As for the rest of your stuff, did you find that on a curb or something? :twisted:

chop5

those of you who saw a crazed bakka gaigin stay up all night to bid on a broken fm towns marty a last month. Thanks for rooting for me and all the goodluck wishes,especilly rofldog.
But yeah i fixed that b****!!!!

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
IMG
tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

nectarsis

Congrats again on getting it working chops   =D&gt; :dance: =D&gt; :dance:

Just got these in today

from gekioh (Hawk F-123 from goldenax)  LIGHTNING fast shipping, and superb condition

/100_1767-1.jpg

guyjin

Quote from: chop5 on 08/27/2009, 01:47 PMthose of you who saw a crazed bakka gaigin stay up all night to bid on a broken fm towns marty a last month. Thanks for rooting for me and all the goodluck wishes,especilly rofldog.

IMG
IMG
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Also, I didn't realize that Raiden had a vertical mode. Awesome!

override

Quote from: TR0N on 08/27/2009, 02:07 AMYou know i all most did settle on buying a new PS3 instead.Then i saw a used,60GB over at neo-geo.com and i got that model instead.When it came down to it i wanted that bc for PS2 games.Beside it having the other features that i wanted as well.
I didnt think the 60 gig would read PS2? Only the 40 gig and under, the models that had the front left portion lift up to reveal the extra USB and Flash card ports.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: override on 08/27/2009, 03:24 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 08/27/2009, 02:07 AMYou know i all most did settle on buying a new PS3 instead.Then i saw a used,60GB over at neo-geo.com and i got that model instead.When it came down to it i wanted that bc for PS2 games.Beside it having the other features that i wanted as well.
I didnt think the 60 gig would read PS2? Only the 40 gig and under, the models that had the front left portion lift up to reveal the extra USB and Flash card ports.
Nope originally it was the 20 & 60 that had the full emotion engine.

Ninja Spirit

Rockman 5 from Rising Stuff . com
/5289_1214319400145_1293615183_30637210_2022790_n.jpg

And an initiation to go with it...
/5289_1214319480147_1293615183_30637212_4657833_n.jpg

BlackandBlue

Got me some FDS goodness on Ebay for $113 shipped.  Now I just need to grab an actual Famicom...
(I thought the Gyromite adapter my have worked with disassembled NES)

IMG
IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 08/27/2009, 03:06 PMAlso, I didn't realize that Raiden had a vertical mode. Awesome!
its not real tate mode, just tate on yoko.

btw. congrats chop and nec. very nice haulies :D

TR0N

Quote from: guyjin on 08/27/2009, 09:15 AMAs for the rest of your stuff, did you find that on a curb or something? :twisted:
LOL the 60GB PS3 is used that's why it doesn't look mint. It does work great so far and it has the bc in it for PS2 titles.Some thing for wich the newer models lack....

Btw if your woundering yes it can flip burgers  :roll:
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: chop5 on 08/27/2009, 01:47 PMthose of you who saw a crazed bakka gaigin stay up all night to bid on a broken fm towns marty a last month. Thanks for rooting for me and all the goodluck wishes,especilly rofldog.
IMG
Congrats chop5!  =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; Well done on teh Marty!  :dance: Hopefully you will enjoy teh unit until the end of time!!!

Tatsujin

jboypacman

Just got copies of Kiaidan 00,Side Arms Special and Override for the PCE from WolfGames. :D

Duo_R

Dracula X - PC Engine....... YESSSSS! Finally!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

jboypacman

Hey congrats on finally getting X Duo-R. :D

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

Just got this recently  :mrgreen:
Famicom Lightgun plus Wild Gunman
IMG
IMG

override

I got this in the mail the other day and have not posted a pic yet, but here it is! If it were sealed I would crap my pants, but this is what I consider the Pinnacle of my NES games collection! This was my favorite game to play as a kid and I'd say atleast once a year I have beaten it through emulation, after it left my hands long ago.

I finally got the best Minty Complete in Box one I think I have ever seen, especially being that I went through buying and returning three of them before I got this one!

Also I was very iminant to the ebay seller (pokdragonsden) to pack this in a box and explained to him the 3 past failed attempts for me to get it in minty shape. When I got the game I laughed my ass off, it was under a pount of bubblewrap in a box that could fit an original XBOX!  :lol: :lol: Needless to say he filled my request. I picked this gem up from him at $32 shipped.

Now for the masterpeice!

/MintyFreshCrystalis.jpg
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: TR0N on 08/28/2009, 11:50 PMJust got this recently  :mrgreen:
Famicom Lightgun plus Wild Gunman
IMG
very nice :) and have fun with, because it is a lot :D

override

Where the heck do you find those famicon guns at? I never new they existed until I saw tats set.

Got this in the mail today, my first Famicon Mini game! Ghost n' Goblins Minty Complete....$8 shipped.

/100_1132.jpg
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: override on 08/29/2009, 12:45 PMWhere the heck do you find those famicon guns at? I never new they existed until I saw tats set.
Ebay or here http://www.risingstuff.com rs is where i got my famicom lightgun from.
IMG

Lucifer

Quote from: override on 08/28/2009, 11:57 PMI got this in the mail the other day and have not posted a pic yet, but here it is! If it were sealed I would crap my pants, but this is what I consider the Pinnacle of my NES games collection! This was my favorite game to play as a kid and I'd say atleast once a year I have beaten it through emulation, after it left my hands long ago.

I finally got the best Minty Complete in Box one I think I have ever seen, especially being that I went through buying and returning three of them before I got this one!

Also I was very iminant to the ebay seller (pokdragonsden) to pack this in a box and explained to him the 3 past failed attempts for me to get it in minty shape. When I got the game I laughed my ass off, it was under a pount of bubblewrap in a box that could fit an original XBOX!  :lol: :lol: Needless to say he filled my request. I picked this gem up from him at $32 shipped.

Now for the masterpeice!

/MintyFreshCrystalis.jpg
Awesome pick up. This is one of my Fav games on the Nes...I love the Japanese name. "God Slayer"

anyways this is what I picked up today....Finally.

IMG

Duo_R

Bought from Hit-Japan.....they marked it a B overall, but really it is more like an A-!!!!! I am so stoked! The only thing that has a little wear is the jewel case (but it is minor)!

/0831091320.jpg

Quote from: Duo_R on 08/28/2009, 09:50 PMDracula X - PC Engine....... YESSSSS! Finally!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Quote from: Duo_R on 08/28/2009, 09:50 PMDracula X - PC Engine....... YESSSSS! Finally!

Joe Redifer

Such an awesome game to own.  Prize it.  Cherish it.  And beyond all that, PLAY IT!

Tatsujin

congratulates  =D&gt; but i'm sad that i have to tell you that it is incomplet :P

Joe Redifer

True, if you don't have the spine card, the game just isn't very fun.  I think I would shoot myself in the face with a shotgun if I didn't have the spinecard!!

:)

Duo_R

damn, i don't think it fully works without the spinecard....can I borrow the shotgun?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Duo_R on 09/01/2009, 05:09 AMdamn, i don't think it fully works without the spinecard....can I borrow the shotgun?
Don't forget the little registration card thingy (sorry for the technical term); playing Dracula X without it is like Richter without a whip - 18% less fun.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Lucifer

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2009, 09:27 AM
Quote from: Duo_R on 09/01/2009, 05:09 AMdamn, i don't think it fully works without the spinecard....can I borrow the shotgun?
Don't forget the little registration card thingy (sorry for the technical term); playing Dracula X without it is like Richter without a whip - 18% less fun.
Haha yeah. My splatterhouse is missing the reg card so i just threw it in the garbage. It's pretty much worthless now.

hoobs88

IMG
Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly Paradise

5 games left for a complete US collection!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/01/2009, 10:25 AMSuper Air Zonk: Rockabilly Paradise
Nice one.  I really have a hankerin' for that one..... but I unfortunately also have a hankerin' for not having an empty wallet.  :)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotoRoaderMike

Let me see, I bought:

Space Invaders for the (Super) Game Boy
Space Invaders for the Super Nintendo
Space Invaders, Pac Man Remix, Galaga Remix and Dig Dug Remix for the iPod Touch
Two Mocha Frappucinos
Two slices of pizza
A bottle of water by Disani

Okay, what the hell is going on? Why am I obsessing on Space Invaders??
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Joe Redifer

People dog Super Air Zonk all the time, but I personally feel that it is better than HuCard Air Zonk.  Much better, in fact.  Firstly, I find it more playable.  It is a bit slower, but oh well, it's not as spastic. I don't care too much for the sounds in Air Zonk (especially the drums) and like the CD music a bit better.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: MotoRoaderMike on 09/01/2009, 02:05 PMLet me see, I bought:

Space Invaders for the (Super) Game Boy
Space Invaders for the Super Nintendo
Space Invaders, Pac Man Remix, Galaga Remix and Dig Dug Remix for the iPod Touch
Two Mocha Frappucinos
Two slices of pizza
A bottle of water by Disani

Okay, what the hell is going on? Why am I obsessing on Space Invaders??
heh. Now you just need to get the two PCE ports.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Joe Redifer

IMG

Braveheart Blu-ray ($22.95 + $10 rebate) and Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 (used and complete, $34.95, free with change left over after trading in a bunch of old DVDs I have Blu-ray versions of).

blueraven

Picked up a truly destroyed PC Engine GT. This thing looks like someone dropped it off a roof.

Quote from: Lucifer on 09/01/2009, 09:39 AMHaha yeah. My splatterhouse is missing the reg card so i just threw it in the garbage. It's pretty much worthless now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: