OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2009, 03:42 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/23/2009, 02:47 AMFor some reason they sent it sea mail.
did you pay for sea mail? :)
Windancers said he never saw any kind of shipping options to be able to select anything at all.
All is well. :)

jboypacman

The wife pick me up one of those Mario Cement Factory keychains from Wal-Mart yesterday. :D

Ninja Spirit

More Rising Stuff swag

PC Engine Shinobi and Famicom Captain Tsubasa II: Super Strikers
IMG

Y'know despite all the things that were taken out for the PCE port of Shinobi, what is it about it that still makes a cool thing to have in your collection? That's a mystery since the lack of stuff in ports usually turn us off.

hoobs88

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 09/24/2009, 02:36 PMY'know despite all the things that were taken out for the PCE port of Shinobi, what is it about it that still makes a cool thing to have in your collection? That's a mystery since the lack of stuff in ports usually turn us off.
What was taken out besides the bonus stage where you get to control a hand that throws shurikens at ninjas?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/24/2009, 05:22 PM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 09/24/2009, 02:36 PMY'know despite all the things that were taken out for the PCE port of Shinobi, what is it about it that still makes a cool thing to have in your collection? That's a mystery since the lack of stuff in ports usually turn us off.
What was taken out besides the bonus stage where you get to control a hand that throws shurikens at ninjas?
Quite a bit.

> It's missing a mission. if it were the arcade game, it'd skip from Mission 1 to Mission 3.

> No Shuriken to bullet upgrades

> No close range kick/punch/katana attacks, as a result of that, guarding enemies can make you look like a jackass

Joe Redifer

ASMIK was so awesome.  They totally utilized the power of the PC Engine for their rendition of Shinobi.  :roll:  Only the best programmers work at ASMIK.  Mission 2 was not in the PCE because Mission 2 is too good for the PCE.  If this were a Nintendo game, Nintendo would say "Gamers do not want Mission 2".

Also, you had damn well better think of me when that title screen shows up. ;)

Ninja Spirit

BTW what is up with those Mandara statues???
Seems like Asmik increased their speed and on the other hand taking forever to kill

what really pisses me off though is that the gap between the statues and the electric force field isn't as wide as it was on the arcade, for that, the statues seemingly got the upper hand from the start.

hoobs88

I thought Mandara was the boss from Mission 2 in the arcade...although I distinctly remember there being 5 Missions and I can only recall 4 bosses from my most recent PC Engine playing experience.

Joe Redifer

Mission 2 boss is a giant helicopter that squirts out ninjas.

Tatsujin

/image00086e.jpg

R-Type 1st Lvl tall :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

guyjin

Turbo D

lol @ Guyjin's smiley, that is probably what Tats is going to use it to clean up! :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Ha ha that is completely awesome!

blueraven

:lol: :lol: :lol: I havent laughed this hard in awhile! well done!

Ninja Spirit

Wipe your feet on Zabtom before entering!

Bydo scum

EDIT: More preparatory Famicom Disk buying....now it's Dababa.
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Space Invaders Pocket for the PSP
Sailor Moon Trading Cards
A soft pretzel
Some Sailor Moon video tapes
A Robotech video tape
A few cokes
A frappucino
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

jboypacman

Life is good for MotoRoaderMike. :D

MotoRoaderMike

/forumsiggs6.jpg

esteban

THE BEST ITEM IN THIS ENTIRE GODDAMNED THREAD:

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/25/2009, 04:29 AM/image00086e.jpg
Simply marvelous, as Billy Crystal would say*.

*I hereby take credit for starting this soon-to-be trendy internet meme. You read it here first, folks.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

I got my much-anticipated order from Japan today. :mrgreen:

The PCE Duo was purchased broken, and will need a laser replacement  :|

IMG

Now it's time for me to start racking up the clears!! Tatsunoko Fighter is first!  :twisted: :mrgreen:

MotoRoaderMike

Today I bought this: /58572146675front.jpg

This: /56327528962front.jpg

This: /58578938645front.jpg

This:

IMG

This:

/570002_8727_front.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THIS!:

/excaliburspaceinvadersb.jpg
/forumsiggs6.jpg

TR0N

Games i bought this months while valkyria chronicles being my latest purchase  :mrgreen:
/ps3andwiilot.png
/sss.png
IMG

Btw for the bottom pic for any body who wounders what that (neo geo mvs) title is.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Why is Blazblue in such a weird-ass box?  Looks like an old PS1 longbox.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/30/2009, 03:34 AMWhy is Blazblue in such a weird-ass box?  Looks like an old PS1 longbox.
It's the limited edition of Blalzblue that comes with two disc. Which,has a 42-song track and a disc containing the tutorials. It's not a must when there is a regular edition as well but i got it for collectors sake.
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: TR0N on 09/30/2009, 12:04 AMBtw for the bottom pic for any body who wounders what that (neo geo mvs) title is.
Cool. I've never seen this Mr. Do game. I love nod to the Mr. Do's Wild Ride on the title screen.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/30/2009, 07:13 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/30/2009, 12:04 AMBtw for the bottom pic for any body who wounders what that (neo geo mvs) title is.
Cool. I've never seen this Mr. Do game. I love nod to the Mr. Do's Wild Ride on the title screen.  :mrgreen:
Thanks yeah i didn't know either there was a mr.do for the neo geo,that's untile i got the mvs a few years back.Neo Mr.Do takes the original arcade game and adds a few twist to it.
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Ho ho ho, check out the scores I made today!

/bn4d6b2kkgrhgookkuejllm.jpg
/20181205927916.jpg
/20251173035066.jpg
IMG
/forumsiggs6.jpg

jperryss

Got the very last game I wanted for my collection (Dragon Saber) as well as a few cases/sleeves, courtesy of Toshi.  :dance: :dance: :dance:

IMG

Joe Redifer

Ooo extra cases and sleeves are ALWAYS nice!

Tatsujin

it just depends from which games the cases are ;)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

jperryss

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/01/2009, 10:13 PMOoo extra cases and sleeves are ALWAYS nice!
De-labelling those PCE cases was a mofo. Not only is there an extra sticker on the back, but the edge labels were way more of a hassle than the TG16 cases are. Thankfully I have Goo-Gone.

And I actually felt a bit guilty doing it for some reason.

jperryss

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2009, 10:45 PMit just depends from which games the cases are ;)
PC Genjin 2 was the only one I could read, no clue what the other two were.

MotoRoaderMike

God dammit, now the guy I bought that Game Boy Micro from is saying he can't send it to me, because PayPal says my address is unverified, and I can't get it verified, because my mom will get pissed. AGH! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
/forumsiggs6.jpg

MotoRoaderMike

Well, nvm, I found another one. Anyway, in addition to the Game Boy Micro, I also bought:

Contra:The Alien Wars for Game Boy
Mortal Kombat I & II (2 games in 1 cart) for Game Boy (this is an official release, not a pirate!)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (japanese version) for Game Boy
Nemesis (japanese version) for Game Boy (why is it called Nemesis instead of Gradius, which is what it is?)
Space Invaders for PlayStation One
Detana TwinBee and Blades of Steel for the Wii Virtual Console
And the remastered versions of Past Masters, The White Album and Abbey Road.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

blueraven

47uf caps for sound replacements
A light pen for testing current
a soldering braid
1 SVID port

MotoRoaderMike

YESTERDAY, I bought Kirby Superstar Ultra for the DS and the remastered versions of A Hard Day's Night and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Today, I bought:

3 slices of pizza
A Starbucks Double Shot Coffee Drink
A candy bar (for my mother)
Disney Princess and Frogger Adventures both for the GBA.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

TR0N

PS3/PlayStation Network
Bionic Commando rearmed

Got my PS3 online and finally made a account at the psn  :mrgreen: I figure i'd download bionic commando rearmed frist for a try.
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Some groceries, two Starbucks Double Shot Mocha Drinks, and 1000 Wii Points so I could buy Space Invaders for the Virtual Console.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

blueraven

Duel of the Planeswalkers on the XBOX 360.
A membership to MTG online.
1 3-prong industrial power cable, for the Desktop

SuperDeadite

I've gotten lazy with taking pictures.  But recently I found these two beauties locally covered in dust!  :dance:
Now if only I had a way to play them other then emulation...  ](*,)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

geise

Holy shit that's a great find! :shock:  =D&gt; Now all you need is Splatterhouse!  I'm surprised it's that hard to find a Marty over there.  :-k

Tatsujin

very nice find. unfortunately the marty can't even play the mahou daisakusen. neez an FM towns with at least 2megs of ram.

where did you find 'em and for how much? :)

SuperDeadite

Yeah I knew the Marty couldn't play it when I bought it.  But at 3,000yen each.  I had to buy them both!  I found them mixed in with the BGM Music CD's in a recycle shop.  :lol:
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

those are always the best finds :)

do you like to trade em? :)

MotoRoaderMike

/forumsiggs6.jpg

hoobs88

_Paul

Finally gave in and got the Ultra Box set

/ubox.jpg

Tatsujin

cool. and two with le spines :) le rarez.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2009, 12:19 PMFinally gave in and got the Ultra Box set
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that lovely lot set you back?

P.S. - I'd wager that the robot would be a lot cooler sans the plastic bag prison.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!