RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Spida Splatterhouse review is up.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlackandBlue

Quote from: TR0N on 10/30/2009, 12:07 AMSpida Splatterhouse review is up.
Awesome Halloween treat.  Kudos on the DVD as well, I have yet to finish it, but it is pretty badass so far.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

MotherGunner

I can't wait for the all-volume encompassing Blu-Ray, but yes great job, I will order my DVD soon. 

BTW any chance you will be doing more import reviews?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TR0N

Bump!
Afther many months a new review by spida  :shock:
Tiger Road
IMG

TR0N

Damn another one all ready beside spida reviewing one of my all time favorite TG16 games.
Ninja Spirit
IMG

Irrarce09

thanks for the welcomes...I posted a video from D1 featuring one of your members...has anyone watched it? lol

Ceti Alpha

Dang. I missed out on the Ninja Spirit review with all my computer problems over the holidays. I'll have to check this out tomorrow when my computer is ready. Ninja Spirit holds a warm place in my heart.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

ChrisBucci

Hey guys!

I haven't been on the forum for a while (had a huge move recently that pulled me away from most things "online").  I was surprised to see my initial thread was still going on.  Thanks for posting the new updates for me here.....and thanks for the kind words!

I am having absolute fun doing Turbo Views.  I truly am.  It gives me a chance to relive my childhood AND make videos, two things I love, aside from playing my Turbo that is.  And, eventually, we'll get all just-shy-of-140 American released games taken care of hopefully...in probably five or ten more years, ha ha.

I realize that we won't always agree (after-all, it's an opinion based show and they're only ONE opinion).  But, I hope I am detailed enough with them that you see where I am coming from and enjoy them none-the-less.

Thanks again for the support.  Love the forum!
Sincerely,
Chris Bucci

esteban

Quote from: spida1a on 01/08/2010, 09:10 PMAnd, eventually, we'll get all just-shy-of-140 American released games taken care of hopefully...in probably five or ten more years, ha ha.
We are going to hold you to that timeline! :)

Definitely keep up the great job. It's always fun to see a new review.

QUESTION: Do you still want a page on turboviews.com that briefly lists each episode?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I've only just recently started watching all of your reviews, and I have to say the video work is very professional.  You could have been doing the NA TG-16 promo videos!!

nice stuff :-D
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

geddon_jt

Still a huge fan Chris, keep up the good work!
A lot of us can't wait for DVD volume 2...  =D>

Alt-Nintega

Great reviews on YT man keep them coming!   =D>

TR0N

Well spida is on a roll for the newyear  :dance:
Addams Family
IMG

TR0N

IMG

ScumBum

Thanks for the reviews ! I found some games I wanna get ! 8)

TR0N

Quote from: ScumBum on 01/26/2010, 12:31 PMThanks for the reviews ! I found some games I wanna get ! 8)
Kewl spida reviews of (TG16 games) are the best on yt while every body else on there is a joke.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Excellent reviews as always ('cept Shockman)  _ _'   lol

Got my DVD volume 1 in the mail earlier this week- superb quality!!  A MUST BUY!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Senshi

New Turboviews: "Blazing Lazers" #36
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

esteban

Quote from: Senshi on 02/18/2010, 03:29 PMNew Turboviews: "Blazing Lazers" #36
Aha! We should compare this to the other review of Blazing Lazers, from, you know, that other thread. :)

Obfuscate

I like Blazing Lazers but think it's a bit over rated. Don't like how the first 8 levels are super easy then the last is super hard. I Much prefer Soldier Blade, Super Star Soldier, Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, Aero Blasters and Air Zonk. But that's just one duders opinion.

Senshi

QuoteAha! We should compare this to the other review of Blazing Lazers, from, you know, that other thread. :)
Ummm....yea I thought that was just awful. there is no way you should be able to talk about a controller for that long. I really dislike that youtube channel.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Ceti Alpha

I just picked up Blazing Lazers from the recent sale here, so I'm looking forward to finally testing it out...besides testing the demo out at Radio Shack bitd. heh
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: Senshi on 02/18/2010, 03:29 PMNew Turboviews: "Blazing Lazers" #36
Weird that this one isn't showing up on his page....

esteban

Quote from: Obfuscate on 02/18/2010, 04:03 PMI like Blazing Lazers but think it's a bit over rated. Don't like how the first 8 levels are super easy then the last is super hard. I Much prefer Soldier Blade, Super Star Soldier, Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, Aero Blasters and Air Zonk. But that's just one duders opinion.
I agree that Blazing Lazers has some flaws (for example, stage 2 is too long, easy, and should have been re-formulated).

However, Blazing Lazers still rules because you can change the difficulty (I play on "God of Game").

Trust me, you'll have a blast!

HINT: For the last stage, it becomes much, much easier once you figure out a strategy. For example, I often mess up, die,  and lose all my power-ups. But that's OK, because the last stage is totally passable with nothing but a pea shooter:
1) Adjusting speed is an important strategy. Put speed to max (or near max) to quickly destroy enemies on far left/far right with pea shooter.
2) Embrace the awesome double-bass drum sound of the music. Goddamn, that's a great tune. It outclasses 99% of Red Book/modern crap.
3) Be grateful you're not playing "God of Game" difficulty level. Then you would be crying.
4) Throughout the game, collect the "blinking rainbow" power-ups to continue immediately after dying without going back to a checkpoint (the power-up that changes numbers and can be hit with your weapons...it eventually goes rainbow).

:)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2010, 11:22 AM
Quote from: Obfuscate on 02/18/2010, 04:03 PMI like Blazing Lazers but think it's a bit over rated. Don't like how the first 8 levels are super easy then the last is super hard. I Much prefer Soldier Blade, Super Star Soldier, Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, Aero Blasters and Air Zonk. But that's just one duders opinion.
I agree that Blazing Lazers has some flaws (for example, stage 2 is too long, easy, and should have been re-formulated).

However, Blazing Lazers still rules because you can change the difficulty (I play on "God of Game").

Trust me, you'll have a blast!

HINT: For the last stage, it becomes much, much easier once you figure out a strategy. For example, I often mess up, die,  and lose all my power-ups. But that's OK, because the last stage is totally passable with nothing but a pea shooter:
1) Adjusting speed is an important strategy. Put speed to max (or near max) to quickly destroy enemies on far left/far right with pea shooter.
2) Embrace the awesome double-bass drum sound of the music. Goddamn, that's a great tune. It outclasses 99% of Red Book/modern crap.
3) Be grateful you're not playing "God of Game" difficulty level. Then you would be crying.
4) Throughout the game, collect the "blinking rainbow" power-ups to continue immediately after dying without going back to a checkpoint (the power-up that changes numbers and can be hit with your weapons...it eventually goes rainbow).

:)
Thanks for the BL tips este! :D

Man, it seems like everything is turning up Blazing Lazers lately. I'm all fired up for this game to arrive.
IMG

ChrisBucci

Awesome strategy!  I am going to use that next time I fire the game up.

It's funny....I actually had detailed information about the "flashing crystal" (and how to utilize that with gameplay).  But, as I was cutting stuff out of the review, that section ended up on the cutting-room-floor (two reasons: I lost the footage for some reason of the re-spawning and I thought it would be fun to just mention it and let the player fight that out so they get more out of the game).

Thanks for watching and for the support guys.  You are, as always, the best!!

Obfuscate

Esteban, Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a shot next time I play.

Great review as always Spida1a

esteban

Quote from: Obfuscate on 02/20/2010, 10:50 AMEsteban, Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a shot next time I play.

Great review as always Spida1a
No problem. :)

You'll be amazed what you can do with some swift dodging, full speed, with pea shooter + one photon blaster (comets of destruction).

Also, don't forget you're playing on the default difficulty, which is for DOGS:
QuoteDifficulty Select - At the title or intro screens, hold Select then press (I, II) 10 times. This takes you to a screen where you can choose between "Hard Human" and the default "Normal Dog". Repeat the code once more to add "Super Mania" to the possible selections. Then, do the code still once more to unlock "God of the Game". Once you have your preferred difficulty selected, perform a soft reset (hold run, tap select) to exit this screen.

TR0N

Spida has his Double Dragon II review up finally  :twisted:
IMG

Ceti Alpha

The Double Dragon review was nice. Apparently, there's a "double theme", because he just posted up a Pac Land review.  8)
IMG

henrycsc

Hey spida1a,

Thanks for the youtube clips.  I was talking the other day about seeing a youtube video where someone had a hard DUO game case.  It was your video collection footage.  I have the same Duo game case as yours - in a teal color.  I know I got them from either TTI or TZD (probably TZD).

Looking forward to more of your videos.  Keep up the good work.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

San Juan Wolf

Your review of Deep Blue was realy good .

Thumbs up I say .

Mathius

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 05/22/2010, 06:47 AMYour review of Deep Blue was realy good .

Thumbs up I say .
I didn't realize just how awful Deep Blue really was until I saw spida1's review. Good thing I am not after every North American Turbografx release, because I wouldn't let that festering stink-hole in my house if someone paid me to take it! :lol:

DesmondThe3rd

Truly excellent review of Deep Blue. I'm definitely not importing that title now.

turbogrfxfan

thnx for the great review!  yeah Im not a fan but the music is good.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

DesmondThe3rd

This was one of my favourites growing up. Chris has an excellent new Bomberman review at:

TR0N

Spida has a review of the PCE Batman up.
IMG

lord_cack

Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2010, 04:07 AMSpida has a review of the PCE Batman up.
Also has one of Magical Dinosaur Tour and JB Harold Murder Club

http://www.turboviews.com/
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

TR0N

Quote from: lord_cack on 07/29/2010, 09:38 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2010, 04:07 AMSpida has a review of the PCE Batman up.
Also has one of Magical Dinosaur Tour and JB Harold Murder Club

http://www.turboviews.com/
All ready seen those but i know about them i sub to spida yt channel.
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Chris seemed to have the same experience with Batman as a lot of people seem to have - initial shock/horror that it's a maze/puzzler, but later being pleasantly surprised.
IMG

lkermel

Chris, I love your turbo views, professionally made and awesomely fun to watch !! keep up the great work !!!  :dance:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/30/2010, 09:11 AMChris seemed to have the same experience with Batman as a lot of people seem to have - initial shock/horror that it's a maze/puzzler, but later being pleasantly surprised.
I like Batman, and hate it at the same time.  I wish it were like the NES batman only better....

what it is now is fine, but if you changed the theme to any other random theme, it would be just as good probably. :(
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/30/2010, 01:55 PMwhat it is now is fine, but if you changed the theme to any other random theme, it would be just as good probably. :(
Same here; it's a pretty good game but not a Batman game.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

I want to see what it would have been like if they followed the original design plan.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2010, 02:16 PMI want to see what it would have been like if they followed the original design plan.
Yeah, there are so many what ifs in the NEC console universe. The NES Batman would have been pretty sweet on the PCE/TG.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/30/2010, 03:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/30/2010, 02:16 PMI want to see what it would have been like if they followed the original design plan.
Yeah, there are so many what ifs in the NEC console universe. The NES Batman would have been pretty sweet on the PCE/TG.
Hopefully it wouldn't have horrible parallax like the PC Engine version of Ninja Gaiden. But, even with it in, having a side scrolling, Sunsoft developed Batman game would have ruled!

DesmondThe3rd

I never wanted to play this game after I heard it was goin to be a maze game but after seeing the review I may just give it a chance.

ChrisBucci

Hey, thanks a lot guys.  I am so glad you enjoy the show.  Truly.

I don't get on here very often (not as much as I would like).  But, I tried to mention it to everyone on the Allgengamers.com podcast when they asked me on as a gust.  I'm not sure if I did very well at it.  Ha ha.  But, this forum is invaluable! 

Thanks again!
Chris Bucci

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: spida1a on 08/12/2010, 10:18 PMHey, thanks a lot guys.  I am so glad you enjoy the show.  Truly.

I don't get on here very often (not as much as I would like).  But, I tried to mention it to everyone on the Allgengamers.com podcast when they asked me on as a gust.  I'm not sure if I did very well at it.  Ha ha.  But, this forum is invaluable! 

Thanks again!
Chris Bucci
I heard the podcast and it was cool hearing all that talk about the Turbo there. I can't believe Johnny likes Keith Courage, eh? Great reviews, keep 'em coming.