RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

They're so odd and unique I might make a whole mini-site just to explore them thoroughly.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/08/2009, 01:02 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/08/2009, 12:19 PMFinally gave in and got the Ultra Box set
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that lovely lot set you back?
Probably more than they would be if I'd looked on EvilBay.

_Paul

The robot turned out to be nothing of the sort and was a funky ship thing instead!
/ship1h.jpg
/ship2.jpg

Edit: Turns out it's from a series of models from classic shooters, including Raiden and Star Soldier. Dunno what mine is from though, it's all kanji.

2nd Edit: It's from Soukyugurentai - S.O.Q-004 Toryu with multiple movable parts

from this set: http://www.shopncsx.com/historicashooting3.aspx

Lucifer

4 Items

All 3 Shining Force 3 Guide Books. Excellent Cond.

IMG
IMG
IMG

And Falcom Classics Limited Edition 2 Discs(Extra disc has MPEG Card versions of games on it + Extras)

Although I heard there is no voice acting in this...Oh well I already own the Duo version anyways ^_^

IMG

jboypacman

Picked up a original X-Box and 11 games on a trade with a friend this week....

D+D Heroes(which was scuffed to hell so my friend is swapping it with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit)
Balder's Gate II Dark Alliance
Kung Fu Chaos
Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
AMF Bowling 2004
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights(which turns out is a fun platforming game that am enjoying alot)
Thrillville
Worms 4
Pinball Hall of Fame
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Armed and Dangerous(love this game)

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2009, 01:20 PMThe robot turned out to be nothing of the sort and was a funky ship thing instead!
that's actually pretty cool :)

jboypacman

Few more Xbox games on trade today plus a Gameboy game!...

Midway Arcade Treasures Vol.1
Tecmo Classic Arcade
Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Shadowgate Classic for Gameboy

jboypacman

More trading madness locally and got the following....

Raiden Project PS1 loose,Sega Genesis II with hook-ups and controllers with the following games....Whip Rush,QuackShot and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sparky

been on a psp kick lately...

Rainbow Vegas, Micromachines V4, Warriors Orochi, Dead Head Fred, Ractchet Clank:size matters, Secret Agent Clank, Crisis Core FF VII, KillZone Liberation, CastleVania DraculaX Chro., Death Jr, Manhunt 2 and a few others.... averge price was $5 and i dont like spending more than $10 on a good game :) and i also got a shit storm of PSP UMD movies... i know wtf? but i like watching movies on her  <<shrugs>>  watching Predator :)

RoyVegas

Took a trip to the swap meet to see if I could find anything interesting today.  Ended up with a few things:

1.  SNES Super Advantage Asciiware controller
2.  Dog bone NES controller
3.  Gameboy Micro w/charger and carrying case
4.  N64 console carrying case
All is well. :)

blueraven

SuperDeadite

Well being my birthday, and having nothing to do.  I made a trip to Osaka and visited my favorite store.  And I find this crazy Marty bundle!
Boxed Marty with controller and manuals.  Boxed Marty Mouse, "Exciting CD" (2 cd demo disk), and a special 2in1 hentai game release.  This whole bundle for only 3,000yen!!!!!!  The catch? The console doesn't work.  It boots fine, but it won't read the CDs nor floppies.  The CD drive spins up fine, but won't boot anything.  The whole bundle was sold as "junk", I knew it was busted.  Now if only I could fix this beauty...

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/18/2009, 10:16 AMThe whole bundle was sold as "junk"...
That's the nicest looking junk I've seen in a long time.

Ohhhh, that didn't sound right.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jboypacman

Copy of Space Harrier II for the Sega Genesis is on the way so am looking forward to getting it this week. :D

Tatsujin

Quote from: jboypacman on 10/18/2009, 01:17 PMCopy of Space Harrier II for the Sega Genesis is on the way so am looking forward to getting it this week. :D
don't :D'ish to much. that one is short-pleasure.

:wink:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

damn, deadite. it's suuuch a shame it doesn't work. strange that they sold it as a bundle if the could test it before, and they even wrote it on the plate, that it won't read CDs and FDD.

anyway, if you want to get rid of it in future, i would be your first customer :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Get your hopes way high for Space Harrier 2.  There is no way that game can disappoint.  You'll think someone put a PS3 graphics chip in your Genesis.  :)

All things considered, it is a decent game to have in the collection and is enjoyable.

jboypacman

LOL Joe am a sucker for Space Harrier and i got the game on the cheap so i will be happy as punch. :D

Tatsujin

I've got mine for cheap too. for 1 buck. and that was right nuff :)

Joe Redifer

I am a sucker for Space Harrier as well.  I even have the mess that is called Space Harrier 3D for the Master System.  Twice as choppy as the original!

Tatsujin

sealed exile II etc.
/haul20091017.jpg

einhänder taikenban (for unbelievable 20cents :lol: )
/einhandertaikenban.jpg

NecroPhile

Nice finds tats.  What's the title directly above Exile 2?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2009, 11:22 AMNice finds tats.  What's the title directly above Exile 2?
Looks like Legend of the Awesome Hot Chick
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2009, 12:10 PMLooks like Legend of the Awesome Hot Chick
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or some equivalent.

TmEE

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/AtariLynx2.jpg

bought that, cost me 64USD... now to wait until Zaku is available :)

all the games suck, all things have manual
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2009, 12:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/22/2009, 11:22 AMNice finds tats.  What's the title directly above Exile 2?
Looks like Legend of the Awesome Hot Chick
:lol:

it is a PC hibaihin (promo, demo, trial) of the game Farland Saga - toki no michi shirube, made by TGL (the guys who made V.G. Advance :) )

Digi.k

picked up Forza III collectors edition today..

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

veeery nice nec. and even one taikenban more :)

Sparky

Well i just purchased the U.S Dungeon Explorer II for $50 minty completey :) oh frack ya!!!
I got it off a local canadian forum i go to off an on at cgcc.ca.

Another great purchase without the help of ebay!!!!  <<waves flag "lick it ebay" in the air>>

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2009, 07:15 PMWell i just purchased the U.S Dungeon Explorer II for $50 minty completey :) oh frack ya!!!

Another great purchase without the help of ebay!!!!  <<waves flag "lick it ebay" in the air>>
Congrats you know how it is on evilbay since DEII is worth alot there.You lucky sob for getting it at that price.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2009, 07:15 PMWell i just purchased the U.S Dungeon Explorer II for $50 minty completey :) oh frack ya!!!

Awesome!! Gratz on the super Canuck deal!  8)  =D&gt;  :dance:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

my forza collectors ed bought last friday..
IMG

bought this a few days ago cause old pc HDD just stopped and died on me...
IMG

got this today with exclusive post card set..
IMG

jboypacman

Got a Super Gameboy today along with copies of BurgerTime and Marble Madness for the NES on trade.

Just need a NES to play them on now lol.

Joe Redifer

Digi.k, where were you able to find an actual Maxtor drive?  Didn't they get absorbed by Seagate or something like that?

Digi.k

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/30/2009, 07:22 PMDigi.k, where were you able to find an actual Maxtor drive?  Didn't they get absorbed by Seagate or something like that?
pc world here in rainy UK... they probably got a few left in stock and are offloading.. grrrrr seagate that was my previous HDD maker before it sunk and took all my pics and stuff with it...

Joe Redifer

The thrift store Savers is still selling 4-pack bundles.  These are 4 games which I have never owned, all for $12.99.

IMG

All mint complete.  I hear that Pirates Gold can be worth more than that alone.  This copy came with color instruction manual (a rarity on the Genesis), map and warranty/customer service registration card.  Still need the 32X Mortal Kombat 2.

jboypacman

Got a TI99/4a with a small bundle of games on trade today. :D

blueraven

Retired the dumpster-dove CRT in favor of an LCD Monitor :)

My eyes are already thanking me.

Tatsujin

just sum lil' trash from the past days :)

/haul20091103.jpg

guyjin

what's that white thingy on the left? it looks like it goes in a game gear.  :-k

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 11/03/2009, 01:48 PMwhat's that white thingy on the left? it looks like it goes in a game gear.  :-k
Looks like a e-reader type of device.  :-k
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlackandBlue

Completed my "trilogy" today.  Had Ikaruga for a while now.  Got Radiant Silvergun last week and Judgement Silversword came in today.   :dance: :lol:

IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2009, 03:31 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 11/03/2009, 01:48 PMwhat's that white thingy on the left? it looks like it goes in a game gear.  :-k
Looks like a e-reader type of device.  :-k
right. it is kinda e-reader and it goes in a NDS, to use w/ the game above it :)

very nice black and bleu  =D&gt;

TheClash603

It is cheating because I got them last week, but got 6 games for the price of four.

At the buy 2 get 1 free deal at Best Buy I got Forza 3, new Ratchet & Clank, and Tekken 6.

Add to my Toys R Us B2G1F of Halo ODST, Wii Sports Resort, and Beatles Rock Band...   I'm more new school than I've been in a long time.

All that for 1/2 the price of the Dynastic Hero that sold today on ebay :)

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/03/2009, 07:13 PMright. it is kinda e-reader and it goes in a NDS, to use w/ the game above it :)
Is the game any good?

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 11/04/2009, 02:47 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/03/2009, 07:13 PMright. it is kinda e-reader and it goes in a NDS, to use w/ the game above it :)
Is the game any good?
didn't putted it in yet, but I assume it's not :lol:

blueraven

Wire; Red and black for PC Engine.
Liquid Traces.
X-Acto Knife.

Heffa

IMG
I got my NEO PC-E Flash Cart the other day.
Great for testing out a game before searching eBay for it :D

RoyVegas

Picked up a nice little find on Craigslist last night.  NES Mega Man 1,2,3,4,5,6 and a loose NES with 2 controllers $50.

Today I picked up a new gas tank for mine and my kids project 1969 VW Bug.
All is well. :)