10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Heffa on 11/06/2009, 07:54 AMIMG
I got my NEO PC-E Flash Cart the other day.
Great for testing out a game before searching eBay for it :D
I should get one of these.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sparky

ok looky i got some shiat todays...

PS1... Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete & V.I.P, yeah Pamela Anderson.. absolute ass game, glad i own it!!!
Genny... The lost Vikings & Ranger X
NES... Zelda II, Battletoads & Metal Gear
PSP Movies... Black Hawk Down, The Incredibles & Underworld

Interested in getting more of these psp movies so if ya have pm me :)

jboypacman

Got a nice little lot of Sega Genesis games and a spare model 1 unit to play them on,a bare bones Snes,4 PS1 games and a Atari 800XL all on trade the other day. :D

Joe Redifer

I am about to go and buy UP on Blu-ray.

jboypacman

Today for $1 i picked up a loose copy of Art Of Fighting for the Sega Genesis. :D

BlackandBlue

Quote from: esteban on 11/07/2009, 10:26 AM
Quote from: Heffa on 11/06/2009, 07:54 AMIMG
I got my NEO PC-E Flash Cart the other day.
Great for testing out a game before searching eBay for it :D
I should get one of these.
They are pretty cool.  I got one last year and use it for ROM games I'll never own, like MC.  One day, if I can find one for like $400, but until that day, the flash cart is my MC.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

esteban

^ B&B: what OS, if I may ask, are you using... Win XP?

BlackandBlue

Quote from: esteban on 11/11/2009, 05:37 AM^ B&B: what OS, if I may ask, are you using... Win XP?
I have it working with XP and 32-bit 7.  I had to add a line in the druver to get it to work (I think for both OSs).  See here.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

esteban

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 11/11/2009, 09:16 AM
Quote from: esteban on 11/11/2009, 05:37 AM^ B&B: what OS, if I may ask, are you using... Win XP?
I have it working with XP and 32-bit 7.  I had to add a line in the druver to get it to work (I think for both OSs).  See here.
Excellent, thanks for the link. My wife just got a new desktop with 32-bit 7. Otherwise, I have an old laptop with XP, but it is barely breathing at this point.

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 11/11/2009, 10:51 AM32-bit 7
Only 'special' people use weakling 32-bit nowadays.  Do the math!  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlackandBlue

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2009, 11:24 AM
Quote from: esteban on 11/11/2009, 10:51 AM32-bit 7
Only 'special' people use weakling 32-bit nowadays.  Do the math!  :P
Intel Atom N270 processor only comes in 32-bit  :o

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 11/11/2009, 12:00 PMIntel Atom N270 processor only comes in 32-bit  :o
What's your point, special weak sauce?  Do the math! and get a 230 or 330 instead.  :P

BlackandBlue

I thought this was turning into an Atari Jaguar comercial or something. :)

RoyVegas

Picked up a couple books Turbo books, Turbografx Secrets Volumes 1&2 and the Official Turbografx Game Encyclopedia.  Also picked up boxes for Double Dungeons and Bloody Wolf.
All is well. :)

jboypacman

Grab a power supply and some A/V cables along with a Ascii control pad for my bare SNES i just got recently today.

jboypacman

Today in the mail box...

Donkey Kong for the Atari 800

DJ Boy and Batman for the Sega Genesis

Rival Turf for the SNES.

Sparky

for me this week so far...

PS3... Riddick (online mode for this is suppose to be damn good)
PS1... Tenchu, Magic Carpet & Pitfall 3D

RoyVegas

Picked up a Hit the Ice box and insert in a trade.

hoobs88

IMG

4 player New Super Mario Bros. for Wii
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Joe Redifer

I only bought the single player New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Turbo D

I had my whip buy me the red version of New Super Mario Bros Wii featuring charizard.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/19/2009, 02:57 PMI only bought the single player New Super Mario Bros Wii.
They made 2 versions? I was wondering why it came in a red case and all other Wii games came in a white case.

Sparky

Quote from: turbo D on 11/19/2009, 05:02 PMI had my whip buy me the red version of New Super Mario Bros Wii featuring charizard.
your whip? kinky :P hahaha

Joe Redifer

Yeah, here is my 1 player version:

IMG

Tatsujin

can't believe that the managed to do that 1-Player version. must have been a hell of work.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

hoobs88

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/19/2009, 08:45 PMYeah, here is my 1 player version:

IMG
What does it mean "up to 1 player"? Can you just watch it play by itself?

Joe Redifer

Actually I think you can!  I've heard that if you get stuck, you can watch the game get past that part for you.  I'm not joking!

Tatsujin

but still i prefer 0 player games over 1 player games.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

jperryss

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/20/2009, 11:03 AMActually I think you can!  I've heard that if you get stuck, you can watch the game get past that part for you.  I'm not joking!
True. Once you die like 8 times on one level, it gives you the option to watch Luigi play through the level. You can then 'jump in' and take over to finish the level. It won't help you find hidden coins but it'll help you get past a tricky part.

But really, where's the fun in that? IMO if you don't die 15 times on at least a few levels, you're not really playing.

SNKNostalgia

:-k  Confused here, but why is there a 1 player version and 4 player version? How the hell does this game play?

jboypacman

Did some trading today and got the following...

Mega Man Dr.Wiley's Revenge for Gameboy

Congo's Caper,E.D.F. and Zombies Ate My Neighbors all for the SNES

jperryss

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 11/20/2009, 08:00 PM:-k  Confused here, but why is there a 1 player version and 4 player version? How the hell does this game play?
It was a joke. There's only one version and it's 1-4 players.

Tatsujin

Sparky

nice tats... jesus man you need a games room to set all that goodness up in!!!
& fruck i like that little lcd screen.. cute as a button!

jboypacman

Where does Tats get all of those wonderful toys? lol.

Great finds as always buddy. :D

Ceti Alpha

hehe. Sparks said "fruck".  :lol: But yeah, that LCD screen is tres nice. Is that the PC Engine Touch?
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

TATS!

Would you be willing to sell me Lady Sword? I want to play that game.

nectarsis

/100_1823.jpg

Black Friday Goodness
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TheClash603

Black Friday was not good to my credit card...

For me:  Resident Evil 5 PS3, Excite Bots Wii, NHL 10 PS3, Drag Me to Hell Blu-Ray

For my sister and her husband - Blu-Ray player, netflix subscription, HDMI cable, and 4GB flash drive

For my niece - Barbie Jeep Power Wheels.  It says it can hold 130lbs, I'm 210lbs...  you think I should risk getting in to make up for never having one in my youth?

I ran out of cash money just as Amazon posted Scribblenauts for $15...  and it made me sad.

jboypacman

Picked up loose copies of Super Mario Land for the Gameboy and Street Smart for the Sega Genesis.

TheClash603

Quote from: jboypacman on 11/28/2009, 10:02 PMPicked up loose copies of Super Mario Land for the Gameboy and Street Smart for the Sega Genesis.
Funny...  a few weeks ago I picked up Super Mario Land 1-3 loose as well.  I forgot how bad the first game is...  I used to cherish it as a kid.  I guess you have to look at it compared to what other handheld platformers were available at the time.

Tatsujin

super mario land 1 was and still is SOOO AWESOEM!!!!!

blueraven

We used to crowd around a miniature TV in my friends apartment when we were kids to play Mario 1. Rock-Paper-Scissors to play first. Good times.  :mrgreen:

Gogan

IMG

Pure awesomeness!
sorry for the crappy cell phone pic   ](*,)

also picked up

RANMA 1/2 DATŌ, GANSO MUSABETSU KAKUTŌ-RYŪ!
Nothin beats the real thing.

TheClash603

MKII is very nice!  99% of MK players agree it is the best of the bunch.

...then there is me, Ultimate MK3 ftw!

Gogan

I'm def in the 99%. Although I didn't mind the addition of the run button and easier combos, it was mk2 that I used to play most at the arcades.

Although this is in a Gauntlet cabinet, with a 19inch screen the price was too good to pass up.

Speaking of that, I'd like to replace the monitor with a 25inch one. Anybody have experience in swapping arcade monitors? Tips?
Nothin beats the real thing.

NecroPhile

Pop 'n Magic.  It'll be Windancer's fault if I don't like it.  :-"

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 11/30/2009, 03:49 PMPop 'n Magic.  It'll be Windancer's fault if I don't like it.  :-"
Wind brought that over to my house and I gave it a go.  Very fun and addicting.

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 11/30/2009, 04:54 PMWind brought that over to my house and I gave it a go.  Very fun and addicting.
Indeed.  I'm looking forward to playing it outside of Magic Engine.

nectarsis

So far I've only run into one person that thinks it's less than sweetness..and considering who I took that opinion with a 5lb bag of salt ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436