RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

IMG
Rabio Lepus Special
Obacchama Kun
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

oldskool

Have fun with that Rabius Lepus.   ](*,)

hoobs88

Quote from: oldskool on 12/02/2009, 06:33 PMHave fun with that Rabius Lepus.   ](*,)
I played for a few minutes before dinner, it seems very challenging.

esteban

Quote from: hoobs88 on 12/02/2009, 07:22 PM
Quote from: oldskool on 12/02/2009, 06:33 PMHave fun with that Rabius Lepus.   ](*,)
I don't know if many folks will like the "rabbit punch" maneuver (you'll have to spend more time with the game), but I think it is a decent game. It has a quirkiness that intrigues me and makes me want to keep playing it (I haven't beaten it yet, though I think I've gotten pretty close).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: esteban on 12/04/2009, 08:35 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 12/02/2009, 07:22 PM
Quote from: oldskool on 12/02/2009, 06:33 PMHave fun with that Rabius Lepus.   ](*,)
I don't know if many folks will like the "rabbit punch" maneuver (you'll have to spend more time with the game), but I think it is a decent game. It has a quirkiness that intrigues me and makes me want to keep playing it (I haven't beaten it yet, though I think I've gotten pretty close).
The Rabbit Punch seems to be the key to getting power up items that when released from the carrot jars,fly off the screen or into walls and are otherwise unobtainable.

TheClash603

Picked up a N64, 2 controllers, and 23 games for $35 on Craigslist.

I had been wanting to play Killer Instinct Gold since the rumors of KI3 for Project Natal have surfaced.  Highlights of the games are Zelda Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Daikatana, Duke Nukem, Nightmare Creatures, and Gauntlet Legends.  Only 5 sports games, so note a bad haul.

Unfortunately, the stuff came from a smokey household.  Smoking and game collecting do not go together.

Now I just need to get 2 more controllers and Mario Party.

Digi.k

*cough* sadly I bought the latest harry potter movie plus my Futari arrived in the post today :P

oh yea .. it's region free.. jpn version working on UK machine

/IMG_3975.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

Awww I envy youuuu

did you buy the 23423498798$ joystick also!?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

I bet you envy my latest haul as well:

caps.webp

Even I am jealous of me!

TheClash603

I don't know anything about electronics...  I looked at that picture for about 5 minutes thinking they were fireworks...

Joe Redifer

jboypacman

Early Christmas present from my wife....Boxed Super Grafx.

On trade....Ghouls N Ghosts,1941 CounterStrike,Battle Ace,Grand Zort and Darius Plus for SuperGrafx and Jaki Crush complete for the Super Famicom.

Pick ups yesterday from a local video game store....Forgotten Worlds and Insector X loose for the Sega Genesis and Bonk's Adventure for the Gameboy loose as well.

awack

QuoteI don't know anything about electronics...  I looked at that picture for about 5 minutes thinking they were fireworks...
That gave me a good laugh, good stuff.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: jboypacman on 12/07/2009, 08:48 PMEarly Christmas present from my wife....Boxed Super Grafx.

On trade....Ghouls N Ghosts,1941 CounterStrike,Battle Ace,Grand Zort and Darius Plus for SuperGrafx and Jaki Crush complete for the Super Famicom.

Pick ups yesterday from a local video game store....Forgotten Worlds and Insector X loose for the Sega Genesis and Bonk's Adventure for the Gameboy loose as well.
Very nice jboy!!! You obviously have a fantastic wife! :D  =D>
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/07/2009, 08:05 PMI bet you envy my latest haul as well:
caps.webp
Even I am jealous of me!
:lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/07/2009, 08:18 PMI don't know anything about electronics...  I looked at that picture for about 5 minutes thinking they were fireworks...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/07/2009, 09:47 PM
Quote from: jboypacman on 12/07/2009, 08:48 PMEarly Christmas present from my wife....Boxed Super Grafx.

Very nice jboy!!! You obviously have a fantastic wife! :D  =D&gt;
yeah.. pacs wifey must be one of the best (at least betters)  :wink:

TheClash603

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/07/2009, 10:14 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/07/2009, 09:47 PM

Very nice jboy!!! You obviously have a fantastic wife! :D  =D&gt;
yeah.. pacs wifey must be one of the best (at least betters)  :wink:
Your wife have any twin sisters?  :)

nectarsis

SUPERB haul bro. I may have to *borrow..cough hack* a game or 2 at MGC ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jboypacman

Thanks guys and yes my wife is awesome! But sorry no sisters she was a only child.

hoobs88

I bought this yesterday but was too busy playing it to post it in "teh what did you buy today thread?".
IMG
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

This group of merch wasn't bought today either but did arrive in the mail today.
IMG
PC Engine Blaster Pad, The Legend of Xanadu, and Aoi Blue Blink

blueraven

NIIIIIIIIIICE hoobs on teh Xanadu :mrgreen:

16  10microfarad caps,
20 screws to replace those damn security bits on Duo's. !!!!!!

Ceti Alpha

Nice white Blaster Pad hoobs.  8) I'm curious about that Zelda game. Let us know how it is.
IMG

Tatsujin

hmm..for me that looks more like the MD blaster (d-sub9?) :-k not? :)

hoobs88

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/10/2009, 10:34 PMhmm..for me that looks more like the MD blaster (d-sub9?) :-k not? :)
I just looked and the plug is definitely not for the PC Engine :(
Oh well, maybe I can just swap the outer casing with my actual Blaster Pad so I can have a white one to match my Duo-RX.

hoobs88

Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/10/2009, 09:31 PMI'm curious about that Zelda game. Let us know how it is.
The intro storyline is a bit lengthy but once you actually get to start playing it is pretty similar to Phantom Hourglass. You get to use the microphone feature quite a bit more with the "Whirlwand" which lets you shoot tornadoes to damage enemies, blow keys down from high platforms, and eliminate poison gas clouds. The microphone is also used in combination with the touchscreen to play the Panflute. The Soundtrack has a lot of cool "tribal" instruments and is great to listen to with headphones on. I played for 4 straight hours when I opened it!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: hoobs88 on 12/10/2009, 11:54 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/10/2009, 09:31 PMI'm curious about that Zelda game. Let us know how it is.
The intro storyline is a bit lengthy but once you actually get to start playing it is pretty similar to Phantom Hourglass. You get to use the microphone feature quite a bit more with the "Whirlwand" which lets you shoot tornadoes to damage enemies, blow keys down from high platforms, and eliminate poison gas clouds. The microphone is also used in combination with the touchscreen to play the Panflute. The Soundtrack has a lot of cool "tribal" instruments and is great to listen to with headphones on. I played for 4 straight hours when I opened it!
Cool! I might have to pick that up when I get a DSi.

Sucks about the Blaster Pad.

Tats: Are there white Blaster Pads for the PCE?
IMG

RoyVegas

Picked up a few boxes that I needed:

Bomberman
Dragon's Curse
New Adventure Island
Jack Nicklaus Turbo Golf - hu card version
Super Volleyball
TV Sports Basketball
Valis II
Valis III
Vigilante
World Court Tennis
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
All is well. :)

esteban

Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/11/2009, 03:04 PMTats: Are there white Blaster Pads for the PCE?
I am curious to see Tatsooey's response because I only have gray pads, myself.

BlackandBlue

Well, technically I bought this day after Thanksgiving (or the day after that, dont remember), but it was one of Amazon's lightning deals.  I got it shipped for $50!

IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Joe Redifer

Nice.  How is the stick?  I have 100% in that game.  It's definitely not for everyone, but I really enjoyed it.

BlackandBlue

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/12/2009, 08:01 PMNice.  How is the stick?  I have 100% in that game.  It's definitely not for everyone, but I really enjoyed it.
I can't complain given the price. The stick has a little play in it and the buttons don't have that arcade clicky feel. I still like it though.  I just started playing and it's pretty cool.  Not mention it is recognized by vista off the bat and works great with mame.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

blueraven

NTK Hi-Temp Capacitors

20 22mf 50v
25 100mf 50v
8 47mf 50v
8 4.7mf 63v
4 3.3mf 35v
20 10mf 50v

Soldering braid, extra 3/32 screwdriver.

25 screws to replace the TurboDuo / PC Engine Duo security bits

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 12/09/2009, 07:51 PMIMG
I just bought a copy of this for my nephew.  I hope he likes it; if he doesn't, I'll steal his DS and play it myself.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jboypacman

Today i picked up the following....

Thunder Spirits for the SNES,Air Diver and Alien 3 for the Genesis and Kirby's Pinball for the GameBoy.

Digi.k

Krispy kreme coffee mug and a dozen doughnuts all for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

actually you are all welcome to one if u nearby XD

/IMG_3982.jpg

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2009, 03:45 PMAwww I envy youuuu

did you buy the 23423498798$ joystick also!?
lol no that things way overpriced

Joe Redifer

Please FedEx me some of those donuts!

hoobs88

Quote from: Digi.k on 12/15/2009, 11:53 AMKrispy kreme coffee mug and a dozen doughnuts all for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

actually you are all welcome to one if u nearby XD
/IMG_3982.jpg
I thought Krispy Kreme went out of business  :-k ...maybe just the ones in my area.

esteban

blueraven

18 100uf 25v capacitors
4 22uf 50v capacitors
1 470uf 10v capacitor

special ordered:

40 100uf 25v caps
40 22uf 25v caps
3 HOP-M3 Lasers

jboypacman

Big box of trade goodies in the mail today....

Comp VI,BankShot and UFO Master Blaster:80s electronic games

Final Fight and D-Force:SNES

Front Mission Gunhazard and SD Ultraman/Gundam/Kaman Rider Great Battle:Super Famicom complete

Centipede and Space Invaders:Atari 800 XL

Skate or Die,Paperboy,R-Type,King of Fighters 95',Wave Race and Bubble Bobble:Gameboy

True Lies,Terminator,RoboCop3,Alisa Dragoon,Socket,Combat Cars,Sonic 3D Blast and Crackdown:Sega Genesis

Yesterday:Free Sega Genesis Model 1 with Devilish and local video game shop pick ups....

Kirby's Pinball for the GameBoy,Rockey Rodent for the SNES and Alien 3 and Air Diver for the Sega Genesis

*whew* it has been a good week before Christmas lol.

Tatsujin

sum recent hardoff buys

/haul200912192.jpg

:)

Digi.k

oo that puck monster machine.. I coulda swore I had something similar to that in the 80's....  :o

anyway can you get anymore random than this ??

japanese omelette pan and vegetable grater from a japanese store here called Muji.. and some thermal underwear from japanese clothes chain Uni Qlo

/IMG_3988.jpg

esteban

Mmmmmm... thermal underwear & shredded carrots

jboypacman

Tats feel free sending that Puck Monster game my way please lol. :D

esteban

Quote from: jboypacman on 12/19/2009, 09:22 PMTats feel free sending that Puck Monster game my way please lol. :D
He's already boxed the Puck Monster and dressed it in shimmering candy-cane wrapping paper, with a note that reads: "Happy Krampus Day, Esteban"

It's headed for New Jersey, jboypacman, where it belongs.

Tangent,  but, why not post here since the Puck Monster sparked some memories?

IMPORTANT QUESTION: By the way, I used to have (1983-1985?) these mechanical handheld games (you wound them up, a game lasted for 30-60 seconds, IIRC, they were matte black plastic, with minimal text/graphics in white/orange, large wind-up and trigger buttons on the lower-front face, the "scenery" and "targets" were on concentric circular plates).

There was: (1) a car-racing game, (2) a "sink the ship" game (torpedo launched from bottom, hit boats at sea level), and a (3) "hit the plane" game (a variation of the last game, but with planes in the stratosphere instead of boats in the sea).

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THESE?

I tried researching these mechanical games several times over the past 10 years or so... I never found any EXACT matches.

Tatsujin

jboypacman

Esteban those sound like the old Tomy Pocket Arcades from years gone by but to be sure check the links Tats put up that is a great site with some pictures and info that could help you out. :D

nectarsis

Early small Christmas present

/100_1829-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

shonenx

Just got these last few days (still havent recieved my core II, usps customs is screwing me)

IMGP0654.jpg
You're Already Dead !!!