10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: TR0N on 02/22/2010, 04:26 AM/deacandts.png
Nice TRON. Heavy Barrel will be sweet. I guess the controls would be changed for the Wii conversion? Bad Dudes is another classic. I remember dumpin' a few quarters into Express Raider bitd, as well. heh

What's TetraStar all about?
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/22/2010, 11:05 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/22/2010, 04:26 AM/deacandts.png
Nice TRON. Heavy Barrel will be sweet. I guess the controls would be changed for the Wii conversion? Bad Dudes is another classic. I remember dumpin' a few quarters into Express Raider bitd, as well. heh

What's TetraStar all about?
Controlls for data east arcade classics are fine ceti it suports the gc and classic controller beside,being able to use the remote sideways.

As for tetrastar it's a shmup for nes/famicom publish by taito ceti.
IMG

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

BlackandBlue

Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/23/2010, 12:00 AMIMG
TurboGrafx-16 T-Shirt
I saw that on the bay the other week and was going to grab one too.  Guess I missed my chance.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Turbo D

Someone should print some out for us. 5 colors is a big job though. I think the most I ever did was 3 back in highskool.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 02/23/2010, 02:30 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/23/2010, 12:00 AMIMG
TurboGrafx-16 T-Shirt
I saw that on the bay the other week and was going to grab one too.  Guess I missed my chance.
I think there are still some available on ebay...they were the last time I checked.

SuperDeadite

Last pcb I'll buy for awhile, never dreamed I'd actually get one.  Original '86 Salamander.   :D

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

jboypacman

Boxed Tandy Cobra Super Copter 80s table top electronic game and Wings of Wor for the Sega Genesis.

guyjin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 02/23/2010, 11:30 AMLast pcb I'll buy for awhile, never dreamed I'd actually get one.  Original '86 Salamander.   :D

IMG
:D

Ceti Alpha

Yeah, nice grab deadite. That's a top ten PCB right there.  =D>

As for the TG shirts, I keep meaning to call the local shirt-shack to see if they can do up some TG themed shirts, cus...you know...that would be wickedly cool.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Joe Redifer

TheClash603

Hey, you should post how you feel aabout heavy rain once you play some!  Weird looking game...

I preordered god of war 3 and final fantasy xiii, so I am in for some modern gaming soon.

Joe Redifer

I won't be playing it until I finish up the latest Ace Attorney game.  I just started on case 3 out of 5 on that one.

shonenx

Definitely let us know about heavy rain it looked pretty kool
You're Already Dead !!!

jboypacman

Today i picked up the following Sega Genesis games.....

Puggy,Gairares,RC Pro Am and Streets of Rage.

Joe Redifer

Gaiares is awesome, definitely one of the better shooters of the "16-bit" era.  RC Pro Am is an NES game, not Sega Genesis... at least as far as I know.

bust3dstr8

...and a chunk of salt pork for safe measures.

/dsc02010rs.jpg

Joe he probably meant Championship Pro-AM. Rareware did some small updates and released it for Genesis.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

nectarsis

Today was a VERY good day. 

Nostalgia free thru a contest, Legend of Kage 2 for $6 shipped.  All movies at reduced prices at Best Buy.

/100_2041-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Sparky

in the mail from Nemo... :) just speechless << tear in eye>>

IMG

Tatsujin

yeah..the SGFX Daimakaimura cover is one of the greatest ever!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

jboypacman

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/24/2010, 10:40 PMGaiares is awesome, definitely one of the better shooters of the "16-bit" era.  RC Pro Am is an NES game, not Sega Genesis... at least as far as I know.
Whoops ment Championship Pro-Am sorry about that but its pretty much the same game as the NES one but with some graphical updates.

jboypacman

Quote from: guest on 02/26/2010, 10:32 PMin the mail from Nemo... :) just speechless << tear in eye>>

IMG
Jealous Sparky i still need Aldynes myself.

TheClash603

I just picked up Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 yesterday because I never played it and was curious if it lived up to the hype.

Three hours of play and I can say the game has me laughing quite a bit, and there is an impressive amount of cinema for a N64 game.  Camera sucks, but that pretty much is the case for all games of that time.

Ceti Alpha

IMG

nectarsis

hoobs88

"Across Age" for the iPod Touch.

nectarsis

My Super CDROM is back home!!!  Gonna fire this bad boy up and revel in chops repair work.  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

/100_2048-1.jpg

guyjin

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/01/2010, 02:48 PMMy Super CDROM is back home!!!  Gonna fire this bad boy up and revel in chops repair work.  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

/100_2048-1.jpg
Saweet!

Also, how are those 4 movies?

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/01/2010, 02:48 PM/100_2048-1.jpg
The Manhole, eh?  Gearing up for Tim Burton's latest, I presume.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Quote from: guyjin on 03/01/2010, 03:18 PMSaweet!

Also, how are those 4 movies?
All the movies have been a lot of fun (kids are getting into em as well).

Quote from: guest on 03/01/2010, 03:29 PMThe Manhole, eh?  Gearing up for Tim Burton's latest, I presume.  8)
Nah just a coincidence lol.

shonenx

Jus got Espgaluda2 Limited Edition in da mail today!!!! YAHHHHH :dance:
IMG
IMG
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

TheClash603

I may get the non-limited edition of that game cause it is region free...  any chance it just will come to the US?

christoph

That super cd rom looks awesome

TR0N

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/01/2010, 10:17 PMI may get the non-limited edition of that game cause it is region free...  any chance it just will come to the US?
I doubt it unless death smiles get's good in sales when it's released here.
IMG

shonenx

Quote from: TR0N on 03/02/2010, 01:22 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/01/2010, 10:17 PMI may get the non-limited edition of that game cause it is region free...  any chance it just will come to the US?
I doubt it unless death smiles get's good in sales when it's released here.
Trons right cave is looking to do some US releases but i think deathsmiles is a test like Mushi 1.5 was which ever sells better they will either go region free from now on or import to US....Im for region free
You're Already Dead !!!

Joe Redifer

I picked up District 9 on Blu-ray for $15.  I also got the Canon EOS 7D camera, body only.  It was an impulse buy in the checkout line in my local grocery store.

7Dboxed.webp

Arkhan Asylum

Got Lunar for PSP

Id take pics if I wasnt too busy playing it

it rules. hard
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2010, 02:35 PMGot Lunar for PSP

Id take pics if I wasnt too busy playing it

it rules. hard
!??!?!??!?!? WTF WHEN WHERE!??!?! Its out?!!?! *Runs To Fry's*

Joe Redifer

I'll wait for the next Lunar remake as it will be even better and have an extra cutscene.

jboypacman

The wife picked me up Ghostbusters and Sunset Riders for the Sega Genesis today.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/03/2010, 05:30 PMI'll wait for the next Lunar remake as it will be even better and have an extra cutscene.
This one comes with epic bromide cards, and the general map-presentation is "newer" but still awesome.

The only downside is losing some of the voice actors.  Nall sounds like a tool now.   Its the same voice actor as Shinji in Evangelion.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/03/2010, 12:51 PMI also got the Canon EOS 7D camera, body only.  It was an impule buy in the checkout line in my local grocery store
what kinda grocery store has cameras at the checkout counter!

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2010, 07:54 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/03/2010, 12:51 PMI also got the Canon EOS 7D camera, body only.  It was an impule buy in the checkout line in my local grocery store
You really don't know Joe Redifer very well, do you?

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guyjin on 03/04/2010, 09:21 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/03/2010, 07:54 PM
You really don't know Joe Redifer very well, do you?
:lol:

That's a sweetass camera, Joe.  =P~
IMG

jboypacman

On trade i got a Sega Master System and Cyborg Justice and Mcdonald Treasure Land for the Sega Genesis yesterday/today.

nectarsis

Nemo's sale kicks ass  =D&gt;

/100_2053-1.jpg

TheClash603

His sale was awesome.  We should celebrate by sending the guy who posts after you the manual from the game you just purchased?