10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duo_R

Is it worth the extra $10 for the Limited Edition?

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2010, 07:42 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/03/2010, 05:30 PMI'll wait for the next Lunar remake as it will be even better and have an extra cutscene.
This one comes with epic bromide cards, and the general map-presentation is "newer" but still awesome.

The only downside is losing some of the voice actors.  Nall sounds like a tool now.   Its the same voice actor as Shinji in Evangelion.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

jboypacman

The latest haul from this week....

Donkey Kong Jr. Coleco Electronic Table Top Game

Castlevania:Bloodlines,Contra:HardCorp,Growl,Gain Ground,T2:The Arcade Game,T2:Judgment Day,Paperboy and Rocket Knight Adventures for the Sega Genesis

Sneak N Peek,Miner 2049er,Miner 2049er Vol.II,Jawbreaker,King Kong and Treshold for the Atari 2600

Wonderboy,R-Type,Black Belt,Hang-On/Astro Warrior and Choplifter for the Sega Master System

jboypacman

Ok i got my prize this week from GeekVintage.Com....A copy of Miner 2049er Vol.II for the Atari 2600 plus i have a Gift card for the AtariAge store on the way from them as a bonus.

Tonight i traded and got myself a Atari XEGS computer along with a handful games and my friend i trade with found me copies of Frostbite and Plaque Attack for the Atari 2600 which i was needing so am getting closer to finishing out my Activision 2600 line up.

This pass Sunday i also won a AtariAge Raffle/Fundrasier and my prize was a Tandy Color Computer 3(CoCo3)which am pretty stoked about i will just need to get some games for it.

Joe Redifer

Today I got a Steadicam, a battery grip for my DSLR camera and a diffuser filter for the DSLR when using video mode because there is too much moire otherwise.

Digi.k

not exactly got today but..

got the ugly duckling version of FFXIII special edition EU/UK only i think..
IMG

and a new all in one scanner/printer/copier
IMG

NecroPhile

Got me a new monitor from the FedEx man the other day: a Dell S2209W.

IMG

Just what I needed to really show off the power of my Athlon XP 1700+.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TheClash603

digi.k, I got that same printer from my gram for Christmas.  Very nice stuff :)

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

YEAH1111!!!!11

CHINA WARRIOR

GET SOME

DO IT.

PUT IT IN AND GO.  KICK TWIGS AND POTATOES MAN DOOO IT

:)   Dont forget the tea.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

/pcehail201003.jpg

/mdhaul201003.jpg

/divershaul201003.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

I just picked up Capcom vs SNK 2 at the flea market 2 weeks ago.  No manual, but only $7!

If there was online, I'd take you down!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Duo_R on 03/07/2010, 12:07 PMIs it worth the extra $10 for the Limited Edition?

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/03/2010, 07:42 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/03/2010, 05:30 PMI'll wait for the next Lunar remake as it will be even better and have an extra cutscene.
This one comes with epic bromide cards, and the general map-presentation is "newer" but still awesome.

The only downside is losing some of the voice actors.  Nall sounds like a tool now.   Its the same voice actor as Shinji in Evangelion.
yes its always worth it to get little cards with chicks on them.

and a soundtrack.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RoyVegas

Picked up a bigger dirt bike for myself.  It's the middle one in the pics and is a Honda CRF 450R.  I gave my old bike the Honda CRF 230 to my 13 yr old son and that son gave his Honda CRF 80 to my youngest son.  Now I just have to sell off my youngest sons old bike.  Anyway Oldskool, my sons and myself went out riding this morning.  It was pretty scary as my new bikes fast as hell.  I was riding my new bike on the dirt road that paralells the freeway and was actually passing the cars on the freeway. Good times!

Edit:   I just was looking up how fast this bike is capable of going when it's completely stock.  From what I saw people say it tops out at around 90 mph..   :twisted: :twisted:

IMG

IMG
All is well. :)

Tatsujin

richy roy from das vegas scored again  :mrgreen:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Finally got my Double Switch for Sega Saturn in the mail.  FMV game with the late and great Corey Haim.  There is a Lost Boys/Double Switch night planned with me and some friends in the near future...  wish I could play now though!

Sparky

Today i picked up locally..

PS2.. Network Adapter $10, RibbitKing $8
PS3... Wolfenstein $20, Ridge Racer 7 $10

ALSO.. they have a great deal going on at EB games!!! (I am a Canadian boy so keep that in mind) on thursday i picked up..
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation for the PS3 for $3.99 its strictly an online game so i picked up 4 copies for all my buddies :) fuk ya!!!

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2010, 05:15 PMToday i picked up locally..

ALSO.. they have a great deal going on at EB games!!! (I am a Canadian boy so keep that in mind) on thursday i picked up..
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation for the PS3 for $3.99 its strictly an online game so i picked up 4 copies for all my buddies :) fuk ya!!!
That's awesome buddy!  When do I get my copy guy?

Sparky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/20/2010, 06:05 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/20/2010, 05:15 PMToday i picked up locally..

That's awesome buddy!  When do I get my copy guy?
aaaaaa....yaaaaaa... its in the mail? :P

Sparky

i checked the mail today & gots from some forum members....

Sega Master System... Cloud Master, Kings Quest, Penguin land & Montezumas Revenge all complete for $20 shipped CAN
Also from Senshi I got for freeeeeeee a tester huey.. the legend of peach boy, damn he is a good guy, thanks alot man!!

turbogrfxfan

winds of thunder.  doe anyone know what differences there is bettween lords and winds?  I think just the voice right?
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Ceti Alpha

Very, very nice Roy and Tats!!!  =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

Goddamn, the LT is so nice lookin'.

You see, I had convinced myself that I no longer needed to get an LT. That it wasn't that special.

But, well...

I can't lie to myself anymore. The LT is damn fine.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

How many LTs were produced and what was the original price?  Since you just picked this one up for $600 I think and that was a steal, I assume it was very rare and expensive even when they first came out.

Is it heavy? Or could you legitimately sit on a subway playing it? How's the battery life?

RoyVegas

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/28/2010, 12:52 PMHow many LTs were produced and what was the original price?  Since you just picked this one up for $600 I think and that was a steal, I assume it was very rare and expensive even when they first came out.

Is it heavy? Or could you legitimately sit on a subway playing it? How's the battery life?
I can't tell you how much they originally were or what the production numbers were.  I picked it up for $550 + shipping ($50 from japan).

As far as the weight it is 1 lb 13.5 oz (with a game in).  You could only sit on a subway and play it if there was a power source as it doesn't take batteries, you need an AC for it.  So it truely isn't portable unless there is some type of battery pack I'm unaware of.

TheClash603

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/28/2010, 05:27 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/28/2010, 12:52 PMHow many LTs were produced and what was the original price?  Since you just picked this one up for $600 I think and that was a steal, I assume it was very rare and expensive even when they first came out.

I can't tell you how much they originally were or what the production numbers were.  I picked it up for $550 + shipping ($50 from japan).

As far as the weight it is 1 lb 13.5 oz (with a game in).  You could only sit on a subway and play it if there was a power source as it doesn't take batteries, you need an AC for it.  So it truely isn't portable unless there is some type of battery pack I'm unaware of.
What an odd machine.  I always thought it was like the Gameboy Advance SP revision of the Turbo Express.  Why make something that is the shape and size of a portable, but not make it portable?

However, from a collecting standpoint, definitely a really cool find!

Ninja Spirit

IMG
IMG

Plus some freebie burned Gamecenter CX DVD's with Arino beating Ghosts n Goblins and Konami Wai Wai World

BlackandBlue

Bought me a RROD 20GB 360 for $40 shipped.  The seal is still intact, so there is always hope for fixing it.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

rag-time4

Got a cheap sealed Wii game from Game Crazy.....
IMG

Along with my college grad gift from my wife (DRAC X) and an Ys III guide book!
IMG

esteban

rag-time, turn to the best pages in the Ys III guide and show us what it is like!

rag-time4

Quote from: esteban on 04/03/2010, 08:19 PMrag-time, turn to the best pages in the Ys III guide and show us what it is like!

Here are some pics of the guidebook!

According to Toshi, this guide was available only as an insert with a video gaming magazine. He wasn't able to tell me what magazine. It has dates of April and 1991 printed on the back cover!

IMG
IMG
IMG

TheClash603

Just picked up super mario advance, mario pinball, and game & watch 4 for my new gameboy micro, which I am really digging.

turbogrfxfan

I got final solider today.  I have mixed thoughts.  what do you guys think?

Tatsujin

rag-time4

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 04/05/2010, 10:59 PMI got final solider today.  I have mixed thoughts.  what do you guys think?
I've cleared Blazing Lazers, Super Star Soldier, and Final Soldier. Of the three, Final Soldier was by far the easiest for me. Overall, Final Soldier feels less polished. I was disappointed with the changes made to the flame weapon from SSS, and the graphics were a disappointment compared to SSS.

esteban

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 04/05/2010, 10:59 PMI got final solider today.  I have mixed thoughts.  what do you guys think?
Final Soldier is often frowned upon when compared to the "series" of vertical shoot-em-ups it is part of... but I thought Final Soldier was OK.

If I were introducing PCE shoot-em-ups to someone, though, I'd throw Soldier Blade at 'em. Final Soldier doesn't have enough MAGIC to make someone scream "I LOVE YOU".

That said, as a shoot-em-up fan, there is a place in heart for Final Soldier. :)

turbogrfxfan

Thnx guys for the info I kinda have an Idea what to expect  ha has Im imagining something like psychosis. Its cool but it doesnt take the cake

jboypacman

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/26/2010, 01:55 PMFresh from Japan.

IMG
I spotted one of these boxed at the Midwest Gaming Classic but not for sure on the price.

jboypacman

RoyVegas

Quote from: jboypacman on 04/06/2010, 02:31 PMI spotted one of these boxed at the Midwest Gaming Classic but not for sure on the price.
I think someone had mentioned that also on one of the threads here.  I want to say it was in the thousands.

bust3dstr8

I picked up one of my Holy Grails today. After listening to the gimp Genesis sound for 20 years (wow 20 damn years...heh)
it was music to my ears to hear the real blood curding death screams and skeleton bones crunch once again.

/dsc02026it.jpg
/dsc02027u.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 04/08/2010, 01:37 AMI picked up one of my Holy Grails today. After listening to the gimp Genesis sound for 20 years (wow 20 damn years...heh)
it was music to my ears to hear the real blood curding death screams and skeleton bones crunch once again.

/dsc02026it.jpg
/dsc02027u.jpg
Golden Axe for the Neo Geo OMFG, best version. :lol:

I always thought the XBLA version was the Genesis game, but turned out to be the arcade. Some of BG graphics look better on the Genesis, but the sound is much better for the arcade. I also like the ending for the arcade as well.

Duo_R

FF XIII and the game guide...for $40 bucks!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

TheClash603

That might be the bastard right there that took all of my lunch money as a kid.  No wonder I used to be skinny.

RoyVegas

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 04/08/2010, 01:37 AMI picked up one of my Holy Grails today. After listening to the gimp Genesis sound for 20 years (wow 20 damn years...heh)
Badass busted.  Golden Axe is one of the most memorable arcades I played in my childhood.  Now, I'll have to pick it up for my kids to play, thanks for the reminder!

turbogrfxfan

I bought a transformer that I had as a kid a week ago.  after I bought it I felt stupid and was like why the hell did I buy this thing.  Well I got it in the mail today and when I saw it, it brought me back to when I was a kid, it was like seeing a familiar face.......... a bad ass soundwave robot face that shoots shit out its bazooka and has a kick ass cassette bird named laserbeak that flies out and beats the fuck out of those sissy autobots. They even got a friggin punch buggy named Bumble bee for gods sake.  Anyhow, Of course I had to make the robot transformation sounds and do the soundwave voice, but then I realized....... I need to get a autobot. I dunno it was pretty cool.

Digi.k

slightly less exciting but tasty none the less some furikake and nori seaweed sheets for onigiri later this weekend

IMG