The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Damn Ope, what'd u pay for the boot Sapp??
All is well. :)

nectarsis

The mailman was VERY good to me today lol.

/100_2324.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/08/2010, 02:18 PMThe mailman was VERY good to me today lol.
VERY nice.  Where'd you get the Ys from?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2010, 04:04 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 05/08/2010, 02:18 PMThe mailman was VERY good to me today lol.
VERY nice.  Where'd you get the Ys from?
Ys is from a guy selling some goodness on the Ancient Land of Ys boards.  All 8 cd's in the soundtrack box are sealed (originally 2 of the 8 were opened but he swapped them out with his other set so all 8 are now sealed), everything mint.

bust3dstr8

Roy time to get the Coryoon Hi-Score thread started  8)
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 05/09/2010, 12:40 AMRoy time to get the Coryoon Hi-Score thread started  8)
Can't...  I'm still stuck on Aero Blasters!  ](*,)

PCEngineFX

Just bought this today off of ebay for an upcoming project:

IMG
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Getting the camera ready for a shoot???    :D

PCEngineFX

IMG
IMG

Opethian

did you buy from that lingjr guy? shipping form hongkong can be killer
IMG

PCEngineFX

Yah, I did buy it from lingjr....and yep I had to pay $$$ for shipping.
IMG
IMG

Opethian

Damn I was selling my system I could have saved you on shipping lol
IMG

PCEngineFX

Is your's boxed and everything?  I needed a complete-in-box unit in top shape for my upcoming project, that's why I paid for this particular unit.
IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I could have sold you mine but I have a giant holes carved in it for direct composite, stereo and s-video out.  Plus it has a BLUE LED (OMG OMG!)

Just kidding.  Mine has an internal RGB bypass, but no external mods (no lame blue LED, either)... and it is not for sale!!!!  But that box you are getting makes me very jealous.  I wish I had the box and everything all nice like that.  It reminds me of the US Sega Master System box with the plastic handle and everything.  Even the styrofoam looks similar.

Opethian

Yes it was complete in box. The shell is not minty tho. bit of scratches.
IMG

PCEngineFX

The s-video/composite and language mod I'd like to get done on it someday, but not the LED power button (ewww).  I used to have a Neo Geo AES a long time ago but traded or sold it for some rare PC-FX games....
IMG
IMG

TheClash603

I picked up Retro Game Challenge for the Nintendo DS.  Heard very good things, and it was only $10 at a FYE going out of business.

Opethian

Ah I have a high serial number system so it would not have worked for you well.
IMG

Joe Redifer

That whole serial number thing with the Neo Geo AES units seems kind of suspect to me.  The point is that ALL Neo Geo AES systems have horrible video quality.  Some might be a bit better than others, sure, but they are all bad... especially for such a high dollar system!  Even RGB out looked muddy and washed out.  That's why I had an RGB bypass done.  Now my RGB looks great when converted into component video.  No clue how composite looks.

RoyVegas

Picked these gems up yesterday at a local game store.

/Newstuff.jpg

NecroPhile

Woo-hoo!  Turbo goodies in the wild and some jail-bait boobies; what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.  :D

RoyVegas

Well....  It was a game store so I wouldn't really consider that the wild..  It might as well have been eBay... 

Now The Guy Game?  WIN!  Even if you take the under age issue out of it, the trivia is pretty damn cool.  It's really a fun game.  To bad some under age dumbass had to lie about her age and get it pulled from shelves.

OldMan

How much was the CD setup ? Does it work ?
(Curious, cause I'm looking for one...)

RoyVegas

Quote from: TheOldMan on 05/10/2010, 01:38 PMHow much was the CD setup ? Does it work ?
(Curious, cause I'm looking for one...)
$150 is what I paid for it.  Yes it works.

TheClash603

Roy, make sure the kiddies don't walk in on you getting your PSX sticky.  You dog.

RoyVegas

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/10/2010, 05:51 PMRoy, make sure the kiddies don't walk in on you getting your PSX sticky.  You dog.
Funny you mention that.  The PS2 is in one of the kids room so i tried it there first.  Started progressing pretty good until one of the boys kicked the PS2 accidentally.  It was their bed time anyway so I toldem they had to go to sleep with no titties.   :-({|=  Then I popped it in my PS3 and just played it downstairs.   :lol:

JapanTokei

Nice pickup Roy. 

I splurged since I figured it'll be a long time before I see this again -

Ys 1&2 Factory sealed:

homepage.mac .com/nihonsei/esko2010/YsBookI&IIMay1a.jpg
homepage.mac .com/nihonsei/esko2010/YsBookI&IIMay1c.jpg

cost me $129 with shipping with Ebay... ouch.

turbogrfxfan

if you think its worth it it is!!!!   good for you man and yeah I havent seen one in ages!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

TheClash603

JapanTokei

turbogrfxfan

id keep it sealed and buy anotherbanged up  one

JapanTokei

That's what I am thinking too.
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/11/2010, 07:15 PMid keep it sealed and buy anotherbanged up  one

turbogrfxfan

yeah dude buy one even w/o a manual. dont do it :D Thats the one with the map inside as well.fyi

JapanTokei

Magical Chase - the rare PC Engine Fan pressing version:

IMG
IMG

spent a pretty penny on this....  ](*,)

RoyVegas

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/11/2010, 07:20 PMspent a pretty penny on this....  ](*,)
Whats the difference between this version and the regular PCE version?

nectarsis

I always heard around here that this version is no rarer than the regular version  :-k

SuperDeadite

I believe the PCEFan is rarer, but nobody seems to really care as it's the same game.  The normal and fan versions are priced the same.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Ceti Alpha

I never even knew about the "fan" version.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/11/2010, 08:00 PMWhats the difference between this version and the regular PCE version?
Apparently there's just some cosmetic differences in the packaging; check out Tatsu's side by side comparison.

JapanTokei

Well, this version is much more rare.

PalSoft went bankrupt and PC Engine Fan made offers to its fellow subscribers to order this game through them.

So in terms of distribution, this is much tougher to get.  The ones in the stores you see at Japan are pretty much all for the first pressings, i.e. the PalSoft ones.

This version has a different instruction book page (last page), and the hucard holder is the SF2/SystemCard style versus your normal Hucard case style.

Been searching for this one forever so I am psyched to finally snag it  :mrgreen:    The PAlsoft versions are widely available for $100-$150 but I've yet to seen this version come up.

RoyVegas

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/11/2010, 09:15 PMThe PAlsoft versions are widely available for $100-$150 but I've yet to seen this version come up.
Funny you say that....  I had no idea there was a difference and once I saw you post yours I took a closer look at mine.  $85 on ebay two weeks ago I spent and mine is the PC Engine Fan version.  What did you pay for the one you bought?

JapanTokei

You got a very nice deal Roy !  Hats off to you :)

A quick look at Ebay turned up only 2 PCE versions, one at $149 and one at $169, both PalSoft first print versions..
http://video-games.shop.ebay.com/Video-Games-/1249/i.html?_nkw=magical+chase&_catref=1&_fln=1&_npmv=3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

I spent ~12000 yen, or about $130 bucks USD for this PCE Fan version.
Regular versions go for 10000 - 15000 yen in Retail stores at Tokyo.

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/12/2010, 12:52 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/11/2010, 09:15 PMThe PAlsoft versions are widely available for $100-$150 but I've yet to seen this version come up.
Funny you say that....  I had no idea there was a difference and once I saw you post yours I took a closer look at mine.  $85 on ebay two weeks ago I spent and mine is the PC Engine Fan version.  What did you pay for the one you bought?

Joe Redifer

IMG

You think Magical Chase is rare?  look at what I got!  Earnest Evans!  I spent $357 on this and I feel I got a bargain!

esteban

Earnest Evans cartridge ain't nothing. I got the CD version. ;)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JapanTokei

hahahha, has this become the "look who got the more rare item today forum?"   :shock:

Then, not to be outdone... I present Dead of the Brain, complete with Spine...  :-({|=:

IMG 
IMG

Cost me 14101 yen... dammit.  I need to stop blowing my salary on these PCE titles..

I'm not sure what Ernest Evans is, but I did own a rare Cart briefly before selling it (WonderMega Library), which I sold for only $50 on ebay a few weeks ago since I don't really collect that.

JapanTokei

I don't get it - is this game rare?

I did a quick search.  the Cart only turned up on Ebay for $10 bucks?  wtf?
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-Genesis-Game-EARNEST-EVANS-Shooter-L-K-RARE-/370236136852

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/12/2010, 01:44 AMIMG

You think Magical Chase is rare?  look at what I got!  Earnest Evans!  I spent $357 on this and I feel I got a bargain!

Joe Redifer

The $10 is the super-common version.  The rare version is far more rare.  In fact it is so rare that the eBay sale would say "l@@k r@r3!" in the title.

SuperDeadite

Well if were gonna do a show-off fight, here's what I got today!
Original 1985 Makaimura (Ghosts 'N Goblins for silly English speakers) PCB
With original art cards and operator manual!  EAT THAT BITCHES!  8)

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JapanTokei

AWESOME, SuperDeaddite!  Now you just need the original Arcade cabinet to put this in to complete the showoff  :)

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/12/2010, 08:22 AMWell if were gonna do a show-off fight, here's what I got today!
Original 1985 Makaimura (Ghosts 'N Goblins for silly English speakers) PCB
With original art cards and operator manual!  EAT THAT BITCHES!  8)