10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/12/2010, 09:54 AMAWESOME, SuperDeaddite!  Now you just need the original Arcade cabinet to put this in to complete the showoff  :)

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/12/2010, 08:22 AMWell if were gonna do a show-off fight, here's what I got today!
Original 1985 Makaimura (Ghosts 'N Goblins for silly English speakers) PCB
With original art cards and operator manual!  EAT THAT BITCHES!  8)
I have the entire cab,marquee, etc :P :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/12/2010, 08:22 AMWell if were gonna do a show-off fight, here's what I got today!

IMG
IMG
Quote from: nectarsis on 05/12/2010, 10:47 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/12/2010, 09:54 AMAWESOME, SuperDeaddite!  Now you just need the original Arcade cabinet to put this in to complete the showoff  :)

I hate you both. :P :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nectarsis

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/12/2010, 10:58 AM

Hey bud I'll sell it to you..shipping to your igloo shouldn't be THAT much  :wink: :twisted: :lol:

JapanTokei

hahahhahh, this is getting really out of hand.

I think someone needs to showoff his/her finding of a PC Cocorun to win this !!   =D>

RoyVegas

Will this work Tokei?  I already had the game and manual, got the box and insert on Monday.

/MagicalChase.jpg
All is well. :)

JapanTokei

Okay, we all lose Roy !  I'll take the tail of PCE Fan version of Magical Chase and walk away with it between my legs... lol

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/12/2010, 11:50 AMWill this work Tokei?  I already had the game and manual, got the box and insert on Monday.
/MagicalChase.jpg

Tatsujin

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/12/2010, 03:35 AMhahahha, has this become the "look who got the more rare item today forum?"   :shock:

Then, not to be outdone... I present Dead of the Brain, complete with Spine...  :-({|=:

IMG 
IMG

Cost me 14101 yen... dammit.  I need to stop blowing my salary on these PCE titles..

I'm not sure what Ernest Evans is, but I did own a rare Cart briefly before selling it (WonderMega Library), which I sold for only $50 on ebay a few weeks ago since I don't really collect that.
no reg card?   =;
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

arimasen....

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/12/2010, 11:55 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/12/2010, 03:35 AMhahahha, has this become the "look who got the more rare item today forum?"   :shock:

Then, not to be outdone... I present Dead of the Brain, complete with Spine...  :-({|=:

IMG 
IMG

Cost me 14101 yen... dammit.  I need to stop blowing my salary on these PCE titles..

I'm not sure what Ernest Evans is, but I did own a rare Cart briefly before selling it (WonderMega Library), which I sold for only $50 on ebay a few weeks ago since I don't really collect that.
no reg card?   =;

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/12/2010, 11:11 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/12/2010, 10:58 AM

Hey bud I'll sell it to you..shipping to your igloo shouldn't be THAT much  :wink: :twisted: :lol:
:lol:
IMG

BlackandBlue

Got 3D Dot Game Heroes

IMG

Oh, and an 09 Subaru WRX STi!

IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

RoyVegas

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 05/13/2010, 07:31 PMOh, and an 09 Subaru WRX STi!
Badass car there!  A buddy of mine let me drive his (the old body style).  Holy shit are they fast!

Tablet

/p1651150510.jpg

Grabbed the Joystick as faulty, just needed the rubber membranes for A and B replaced, used an old broken SMS's rubber thingys to fix it, nice stick.

Dunno why I'm obsessed with Taiko no Tatsujin but it's such a great series, shame it's a pain to get a hold of any of them considering they didn't come out in Europe.

/p1649150510.jpg

Finally found a cheap copy of Ys 1&2, was a pain to get into the UK though :( Had to get it shipped to a friend in the US, he then shipped it to me, silly Amazon.com marketplace.... have to do the same for half.com too

Haha I finally got a hold of an arcade card, 3 years it took until I finally bought one but yeah, the wrestling game is hmmm ok I guess I'm not connoisseur on the genre so I don't know, got Fatal Fury 2 and special coming in the post, should be good :D

Dunno why it's taken me so long to get Dungeon Explorer too, it's really a great game

Digi.k

gonna play this soon if I can get off those dam flash games

/IMG_4482.jpg

Sparky

IMG
when my saturn dies i think i will test drive one of those babies... always liked the look of them.
how many horseys?

Tatsujin

new PCEDAI entries: /pcenewentry.png

other stuff: /haul20100516.png

:)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2010, 08:11 PMhow many horseys?
305, a.k.a. - not enough to warrant paying 10k more than a WRX (new prices); Subaru should've upped the STI's game when they last reworked the WRX.  It's a great car to be sure, but it's not a 40% better car.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Senshi

Tats (or anyone) is that baseball game on the right any good?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

nectarsis

Senshi..if you mean Nekketsu Legend Baseball...it's basically a baseball based rpg.  Fairly uncommon, and what little I tried so far (of course) japanese heavy, solid graphics, and steep learning/fumbling curve. lol

/100_2644.jpg

Joe Redifer

My latest:

bed.jpg

Alan Wake - Xbox 360
3d Dot Game Heroes - Playstation 3
Queen size bed and frame, sheets, etc.

I also exchanged my Saving Private Ryan blu-ray for the Paramount-reissued one with the Yellow UPC and blue main disc.  The original white UPC release had slightly out-of-sync audio starting around chapter 15.

TheClash603

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/13/2010, 08:23 PM
Badass car there!  A buddy of mine let me drive his (the old body style).  Holy shit are they fast!
I have been looking at getting a 2010 Subaru Outback with the girlfriend...  not sure if that's as manly.

RoyVegas

Minty fresh LaserActive with box, remote, instructions and Sega PAC

/LaserActivebox.jpg
/LaserActive.jpg

Tatsujin

You must get the PCE PAC for the max OBEY :!:

but still a very nice rack :)

hoobs88

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/19/2010, 10:41 PMYou must get the PCE PAC for the max OBEY :!:
...and the NEC Laseractive System.
IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Joe Redifer

I betcha the Sega PAC won't work in the NEC LD player.  It probably shorts it out so it no longer works in any player, along with any cartridge and controllers you happen to have plugged in.

Anyway, I picked these up:
swords.jpg

Now nobody on the internet can give me any trouble.  These make me a 100% certified authentic ninja.  Or maybe samurai, I can't remember which.

RoyVegas

Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/19/2010, 11:45 PM...and the NEC Laseractive System.
Haven't seen that one before....  Do tell!

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/20/2010, 12:01 AMNow nobody on the internet can give me any trouble.
Mr Glock 9mm w/Laser sight says you're wrong!   :twisted:

/GlockLaser.jpg

Tatsujin

is that a real glock? or kinda marui boys toy?

Joe Redifer

Well since I am a true ninja now, that means I can turn invisible and dodge bullets.  I haven't tried doing those things yet, but I'm sure I can.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/20/2010, 12:43 AMis that a real glock? or kinda marui boys toy?
Real...

/Glock.jpg

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/20/2010, 12:57 AMWell since I am a true ninja now, that means I can turn invisible and dodge bullets.  I haven't tried doing those things yet, but I'm sure I can.
My apologies, I forgot about this ninja ability  ](*,)

Tatsujin

JapanTokei

Damn, only 2 weeks from this post due to being slammed at work - and already look at Roy... blinging his Laseractive.. damn, and I was trying to tighten my wallets after picking up Magical Chase and DeadofBrain...

Heading to Japan for 2 days in 2 weeks.. looks like I need to do some more economic-stimulus spending to help my fellow ninhonjin tomodachis while I'm in town :)   

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/19/2010, 10:03 PMMinty fresh LaserActive with box, remote, instructions and Sega PAC

/LaserActivebox.jpg
/LaserActive.jpg

TheClash603

There is a system that is technically identical to the Laseractive, but was branded and sold by NEC in Japan.  I only have seen once at auction bundled with NEC and Sega PACs, BIN about $1k.

hoobs88

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/20/2010, 08:09 AMThere is a system that is technically identical to the Laseractive, but was branded and sold by NEC in Japan.  I only have seen once at auction bundled with NEC and Sega PACs, BIN about $1k.
I just posted a photo of it...see previous page of this thread.

Sparky

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/19/2010, 10:41 PMYou must get the PCE PAC for the max OBEY :!:

but still a very nice rack :)
hahaha.. you said rack :P hahahaha

turbogrfxfan

awesome japan toki!! good for you!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

RoyVegas

Hoobs, does the NEC LaserActive have a US pac also?

Ceti Alpha

Off topic, but your signature is hilarious, Sparks!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;
IMG

TheClash603

The NEC Laseractive is Japan only, if I am correct?  There are no special pacs for the NEC version, it uses the same as the Pioneer CLD A100.

The pacs are interchangeable between the US and Japanese systems.

Tatsujin

It is like the wondermega, the one made, or better said branded by sega itself and the other by victor. technically spoken it is the very same device.

hoobs88

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/20/2010, 07:28 PMHoobs, does the NEC LaserActive have a US pac also?

The Clash already answered before me above. The NEC version is identical to the Pioneer version except for the logo. The US and Japanese PAC modules are interchangeable. I personally keep the Sega PAC module in the Pioneer Laseractive System and the Turbo Grafx PAC in the NEC Laseractive System (like to keep the NEC line intact).

nectarsis

nectarsis

Picked up a minty psp (CFW Gen D3), the psp camera and software (new), Final Fantasy Tactics, Spiderman 2 UMD (new) orig battery, extended life battery, Pandora battery, hi-def TV cables, 2 power supplies, usb cable, 4GB, and 512mb memory sticks, broken white psp.  Seller wanted $125, got him down to $90   :dance: :dance:

/100_2649.jpg

Anyone that want's What Did I do to Deserve this Lord 2?...(aka Holy Privacy Badman 2)...it's $10 off at GS this weekend (not bad for a game that's like 2 1/2 weeks old)
/100_2648.jpg

TheClash603

At the flea market today I picked up:

Mega Man V (GB)
Mega Man 1 (NES)
DuckTales (GB)...  already owned as copy as a kid, but the dog actually chewed on it a bit, upgraded for $5
Garbage Pail Kids - 2 packs series 11

I am pumped to try Mega Man V for GB later tonight, supposed to be pretty good.

Sparky

Cool nec!!!

i got a few things this weekend including this old school Ninja turtle at a yard sale... he is a big old green bastard!!! :P
IMG

nectarsis

Ceti Alpha

IMG

RoyVegas

Picked up a Glock 26 (the smaller one on the bottom).  It's just a little smaller and more comfortable to carry.   :twisted:

/Glock26.jpg

Turbo D

That turtle is bad-ass! I used to have the same one when I was younger. 8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

JapanTokei

I had promised to help the Japan economy with some stimulus-spending of my own a few posts back, when Roy blinged his LaserActive proudly.
(and to help to get the thread away from guns and back to TG/PCE goodies  :wink:)

I am psyched to have snagged this today - the stimulus pkg cost 16500 yen... plus shipping/bs fees will prob land me around 17500 yen,   or around $195 bucks...  This is one tough cookie though  8)

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= drumroll.......
IMG

Have not decided if I will end up trade this for other things I want for my collection or just tuck this away in my personal forever collection....  :-k
I know Tats was also looking for this.  Anyone know the estimated print run?  I think besides PowerLeague Gold All-Stars, this was the rarest Taikenban non-for sale trial versions, right?

Tatsujin

DAMN. one that i'm still missing!!! :(

gongrats dude. a true juwel it is!!