The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/24/2010, 12:29 PM(and to help to get the thread away from guns and back to TG/PCE goodies  :wink:)
Hey, this is the "what did you buy today" thread, not the "what TG/PCE goodies did you buy" thread.   [-X
Besides, guns are awesome, every good person should own a few.  Especially to protect yourself from the bad guys that have them.   ](*,)

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/24/2010, 12:29 PMthis was the rarest Taikenban non-for sale trial versions, right? 
Please excuse my ignorance but can you explain the background on this?
All is well. :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/24/2010, 01:17 PMHey, this is the "what did you buy today" thread, not the "what TG/PCE goodies did you buy" thread.   [-X
True, though it is in Console Chat.  I know!  You use the Glock on a N64 to put it out of its misery.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sparky

ya good old Roy looking for a little extra attention with his guns :P... some may be impressed, but i think he is making up for a small cock :P heeeyyoo!!!!

plus you will shoot your fucking eye out!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2010, 04:36 PMya good old Roy looking for a little extra attention with his guns :P... some may be impressed, but i think he is making up for a small cock :P heeeyyoo!!!!

plus you will shoot your fucking eye out!!
Just because up there in Canada you guys have no rights to defend yourselves isn't my problem.  Yeah, I'm a proud gun owner (as is everyone in my family) and I'll happily use one if needed.

Sparky

ya good for you Roy but tell us why you posted picts of your guns in a video game posting? i dont get ya man.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2010, 06:16 PMya good for you Roy but tell us why you posted picts of your guns in a video game posting? i dont get ya man.
People have posted, coffee, snacks, toys, cars, action figures yet you're critical of my post because of what?  Get off my nuts, just like I said in chat...   :wink:

TheClash603

I back Roy on this one.  I am not a gun owner, but I sure wish I was.

Video games have taught me to shoot, I need to put those skills to good use.

Be proud of those guns man.

nectarsis

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/24/2010, 07:50 PMVideo games have taught me to shoot, I need to put those skills to good use.
One of the reasons people NEED to be properly trained on guns  #-o
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

JapanTokei

Hahahah, sorry Roy, didn't imagine all the sudden you would have been gang-cornered on these gun stuff. 

On a humorous note to - Roy probably bought all these guns to ensure no-PCE/TG-16 die-hard freaks will break into his house to swipe his goodies :)   lol

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/24/2010, 01:17 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/24/2010, 12:29 PM(and to help to get the thread away from guns and back to TG/PCE goodies  :wink:)
Hey, this is the "what did you buy today" thread, not the "what TG/PCE goodies did you buy" thread.   [-X
Besides, guns are awesome, every good person should own a few.  Especially to protect yourself from the bad guys that have them.   ](*,)

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/24/2010, 12:29 PMthis was the rarest Taikenban non-for sale trial versions, right? 
Please excuse my ignorance but can you explain the background on this?

JapanTokei

wow .... i would have never imagined to have something Tats haven't already got!!!  (besides the Pro Yakyu, but I don't count that one.. lol )

Tats - I consider myself a real lucky dog to have gotten this one.  Before I went to my office yesterday, I decided to take a quick look on Yahoo auctions JP -> lo and behold this gem was listed with 10hours to go.  I tracked it through last night and made sure I got it.  I consider this the best grab I've made from Yahoo.. even at the $190 price tag..  Normally the site is a ripoff as someone else already pointed out, plus the system is a pain to use.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/24/2010, 12:49 PMDAMN. one that i'm still missing!!! :(

gongrats dude. a true juwel it is!!

JapanTokei

Roy -
"Tai Ken Ban" means in Japanese Non-For Sale Version.  Only a few taikenbans titles were made, and are all rare and collectibles.  They were mostly used for demos / marketing purposes at conventions/shows, etc, and some were given away as part of magazines.  Note these are not the special "prize winning giveaways items", i.e. the Powerleague Gold.. Below are some that comes to mind. 

* Bomberman 93 (hucard)
* Bomberman 94 (superCD)
* Gunhed/Blazing Laser (hucard)
* Superstar Soldier (hucard)
* Emerald Dragon (superCD)
* Seiya Monogatari (superCD)
* DenDen no Den (super CD, this one is very common)
* PC Genjin 3 / Bonk3
* Legend of Xanadu (superCD)

Tats - I'm not sure if Bomberman User Battle qualifies as a Taikenban .. does it? 

Anyway, does anyone know the estimated print run of these ?   I've seen all of these pop up for sale occasionally (with relatively high prices), except the PC Genjin3 which I've never seen before snagging it yesterday.. 

Please excuse my ignorance but can you explain the background on this?[/quote]

RoyVegas

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/25/2010, 12:33 AMHahahah, sorry Roy, didn't imagine all the sudden you would have been gang-cornered on these gun stuff. 
Different strokes for different folks... 

Thanks for the explanation on the Taikenban stuff.  I had no clue.

Good god with your triple posting...   ](*,)

JapanTokei

Please don't shoot me with your crazy guns  :) 

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/25/2010, 12:57 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/25/2010, 12:33 AMHahahah, sorry Roy, didn't imagine all the sudden you would have been gang-cornered on these gun stuff. 
Different strokes for different folks... 

Thanks for the explanation on the Taikenban stuff.  I had no clue.

Good god with your triple posting...   ](*,)

Sparky

from rising stuff :).... Titan & L-Dis... back to obeying bai!!!

Tatsujin

@tokei, BM user battle is a hibaihin "not for sale" but no taikenban "trial soft". sure a taikenban is automatically a hibaihin as well :)

and sorry to correct your post a little bit with your statement above ;)

BM user battle is a 1000 pcs. print:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Suzuran/9038/pce_nfs06.html

I don't know about the PC Genjin 3 though.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

Thanks for the corrections Tats - that's why you're the expert!

I found info on the print runs for all the Taikenbans/Promo softs.  It is Nekofan's site.
I used Google translation,  here are the results.  Looks like PC Genjin 3 production run is 1,000.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnekofan.free.fr%2Fspecialversionstest.htm&sl=auto&tl=en

specialversions.webp

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/26/2010, 05:43 AM@tokei, BM user battle is a hibaihin "not for sale" but no taikenban "trial soft". sure a taikenban is automatically a hibaihin as well :)

and sorry to correct your post a little bit with your statement above ;)

BM user battle is a 1000 pcs. print:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Suzuran/9038/pce_nfs06.html

I don't know about the PC Genjin 3 though.

turbogrfxfan

got a duo r for 140.00to retire my tg/16 cd...    It came with a ave 6 6 button controller.  want to trade a converter for a arcade card. anyone that wants to trade, hit me up.  my arcade card wont work w the duo cause I have a pro.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

awack

I dont have a ACD pro, but i thought that the pro would work fine with the the Pce Duo r.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: awack on 05/26/2010, 08:34 PMI dont have a ACD pro, but i thought that the pro would work fine with the the Pce Duo r.
yeah, Nect just told me about that.  I just got schooled on it.  I just never had to worry about it before.

Joe Redifer

I bought the latest issue of GAMEFAN MAGAZINE.  I am too lazy to take a picture.  GameFan was the magazine that called out the 3DO version of Gex for its pathetic 30fps scrolling and praised the PS and Saturn versions for their silky-smooth 60fps scrolling.  That tradition carries on, only with GIANT-ass pages... actually probably TOO big.  Also, it comes with a section called Movie Fan which is pretty lame.  I buy a lot of movies, but I sure as hell don't want to read about them like I do with video games.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/26/2010, 10:39 PMI bought the latest issue of GAMEFAN MAGAZINE.  I am too lazy to take a picture.
So, it's not just me, eh.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

shonenx

I havent posted in a while life gets in the way so heres a few items ive been too Lazy/Busy to put up i got the pc-e items last night along with the DSi Flash m3 card it works great btw. I also bought a bunch of Manga books I wont show you.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

TheClash603

Damn, that is some good stuff,  I have Record of Agarest War and think I may keep it sealed...

...not because of collectability purposes, but rather because I may embarassingly try to lube up and titty-fuck the mouse pad.  After that I couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

JapanTokei

. . . . .     I think someone need to take you to Kabuki-cho and show you a good time!

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/29/2010, 09:06 PM...not because of collectability purposes, but rather because I may embarassingly try to lube up and titty-fuck the mouse pad.  After that I couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

Joe Redifer

What is that Saturn game?  Judging by the artwork it is probably an SNK game?  Also, what is that Treasure Box?  Last Battle?

blueraven

Flash Hiders & Sorcerian.

Both shipped under $35

yeah!

shonenx

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/30/2010, 05:28 AMWhat is that Saturn game?  Judging by the artwork it is probably an SNK game?  Also, what is that Treasure Box?  Last Battle?
the saturn game is "Crows" its a manga and ova anime from japan the book series is still running now its called "Worst" its the game is done in a SD style art and plays like river city ransom or final fight its really funn and RARE as hell people want 160 to 200 for it.
I got it for 120 i think.

the Treasure box is Hokuto no ken also known as Fist if the Northstar and yes there was a genisis port of one hokuto game that was grossly changed and called Last Battle in USA. I waited 2yrs for that box and game ...both are amazing

Record of Agrest war is great i had the mouse pad out for a couple days on a self then my wife saw it and made fun o me so its all back in the box except the game.
You're Already Dead !!!

rag-time4

Received my new PC-Engine setup on saturday! Very excited to try it, but I'm still waiting on my SuperGrafx AC adapter (sold seperately) to arrive

IMG

I also got a few new games in my order, along with a very nice Ys-no Subete (all of Ys) guidebook that covers Ys I through III.

IMG

Joe Redifer

rag-time4

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/31/2010, 02:26 PMTwo empty jewel cases?
Oh damn I didn't even realize that!!

No, I got a couple spares. I had a loose Ys I + II that Ceti gave me a couple years ago, so I asked for a spare jewel case for it and received two spares.

Tatsujin

great haul there. rag ..very nice :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Whoa! I just picked up complete in jewel cases J.J. and Jeff and Ys III at McVan's, a local game store, today for $30 total! They are in GREAT shape!

Then Splatterhouse PCE was waiting for me in the mailbox. :D

Been a great day!

shonenx

just picked this up its a Japan UK only release its pretty limited as im told heavy box nice art may resell or trade when im done with it .
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 06/01/2010, 09:14 PMWhoa! I just picked up complete in jewel cases J.J. and Jeff and Ys III at McVan's, a local game store, today for $30 total! They are in GREAT shape!

Been a great day!
Damn thats awesome!! good for you!!

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 06/01/2010, 10:25 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/01/2010, 09:14 PMWhoa! I just picked up complete in jewel cases J.J. and Jeff and Ys III at McVan's, a local game store, today for $30 total! They are in GREAT shape!

Been a great day!
Damn thats awesome!! good for you!!
I wish upon you a similarly great day good sir. :)

rag-time4

Been a great day!
Have you popped in JJ and Jeff yet? If so, what do you think?

If not.......... well what are you waiting for?!?!?!

Mathius

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/01/2010, 11:05 PM

Been a great day!

Played the first two levels a few hours ago. Took me forever to figure out that I had to kick above a stump to get a platform to appear.  :lol:

Controls are a little slippery, but that seems intentional. I love kicking the sh*t (literally) out of my partner. That just rules!

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 06/01/2010, 11:22 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/01/2010, 11:05 PM

Been a great day!

Played the first two levels a few hours ago. Took me forever to figure out that I had to kick above a stump to get a platform to appear.  :lol:

Controls are a little slippery, but that seems intentional. I love kicking the sh*t (literally) out of my partner. That just rules!
Yes gotta kick above the stump, chump!

Make note of your buddy's advice... some of it is totally key in a few spots where you might otherwise get stuck!

There's a hint very early on where your buddy will tell you to "try kicking above the stump, chump!" Try to find all the secret rooms for more hints!

And btw, the characters are a bit different, like Mario and Luigi. JJ has tighter controls, but Jeff jumps a bit higher (or was it faster..?)

Mathius

Yeah, I found him in the restroom after dying a few times. That's what I meant by "figuring it out."  :lol:

I only played as Jeff, I think. Thanks, I didn't know about the different controls.

bust3dstr8

Found this crusty thing at a yard sale today

/dsc02048pa.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 06/02/2010, 04:45 PMFound this crusty thing at a yard sale today

/dsc02048pa.jpg
I have never seen one of those before.

Sparky

Still having luck finding those ps1 games :)
Damn those ugly greatest hits labels!!!

IMG

Mathius

@ Sparky
I just saw Mega Man Legends black label at a Game Exchange yesterday for $13. :wink: Pretty sure it's still there.

Sparky

thanks man... but at $2.99 Canadian i can live with the greatest hits version :) but i will always hate the look of it!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 06/02/2010, 08:38 PMthanks man... but at $2.99 Canadian i can live with the greatest hits version :) but i will always hate the look of it!!!
I know what you mean. I have a little too much green on my shelf, and not enough in my wallet. :lol:

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 06/02/2010, 08:49 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/02/2010, 08:38 PMthanks man... but at $2.99 Canadian i can live with the greatest hits version :) but i will always hate the look of it!!!
I know what you mean. I have a little too much green on my shelf, and not enough in my wallet. :lol:
I've only got one greenie: Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I never ever ever by greatest hits games for any system, but at the same time I can't bring myself to get rid of this one!

Mathius

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/02/2010, 11:17 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/02/2010, 08:49 PM
I've only got one greenie: Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I never ever ever by greatest hits games for any system, but at the same time I can't bring myself to get rid of this one!
Symphony of the Night is one game that transends its package IMO.

blueraven

5 AV cables on eBay,

Flash Hiders
Sorcerian

RoyVegas

My new Turbo Hu card collection came in the mail today.  It looked a hell of a lot worse but I used the old Sparky stickered cases I had left over from my boxed collection to spruce it up a bit...  I still need another set of Sparky stickers to finish up the rest of the ugly ones with the white labels.

/NewHuCollection.jpg

oldskool

Grats Roy! 

I'll buy that Magical Chase off ya for $5.