The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskool

No pics yet, because I have not received them yet, but I am pretty excited about it.

I picked up 2 copies of Lucienne's Quest for the 3DO for 12.99 each.  Had to have been a typo, I hope they don't cancel my order.

nectarsis

/100_2856.jpg

Blu Ray was a trade with a cool local cat from a  kung fu movie board.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

henrycsc

Sicboy057's collection came today - HAPPY HAPPY!

/SicboyCollection1.jpg

/SicboyCollection2.jpg

Thanks Sicboy057!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

TheClash603

That's a nice collection.  I haven't drooled on my screen this much in quite some time!

Joe Redifer

That's awesome!  I've never seen the boxes for those things until now.  If those were on a store shelf, I'd want to buy 'em.

Tatsujin

That's one damn hello of a bunch of greaties you got there. you sure are one lucky guy :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

RoyVegas

That's great news they arrived henry, I was pretty worried about it showing up.

Here's my new addition.  Holy hell when it arrived it was horribly dirty.  Took literally two hours to clean it up.  It had a horrible black film all over the whole thing and the orange piping around the edges was the worst. The cards were disgusting also.  It cleaned up well though.

/Turbografx-16CountertopStoreDisplay.jpg
All is well. :)

Arkhan Asylum

lol, epic.

you have to pray to that every time you play TG
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Turbo D

lol, that's pretty cool. Now all you need is a TGX kiosk like the one Sparky has.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: turbo D on 06/08/2010, 11:47 PMlol, that's pretty cool. Now all you need is a TGX kiosk like the one Sparky has.
If I could only find someone willing to sell one......    :(

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

Damn that is an amazing collection pickup!  How much did that set you back?  $3K ?

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/08/2010, 09:21 PMSicboy057's collection came today - HAPPY HAPPY!

/SicboyCollection1.jpg

/SicboyCollection2.jpg

Thanks Sicboy057!

henrycsc

Roy - awesome pickup you got there.  That's definately a prize to have.  Bummer it was so dirty - did it look different than the one pictured in his auction (ie - did it look like the seller had more than one?)  That would be pretty crappy - photo the clean one, sell the dirty one.

JapanTokei- I paid Sicboy's asking price plus I paid some extra for the shipping insurance.  My only hesitation was that I have so many duplicates of games, but those will be going on my trade list sometime in the next week or so.  Some of the great stuff like Sapphire (Legit), DracX, and Spriggan will be added to the list.
Wanted:

RoyVegas

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/09/2010, 06:43 AMRoy - awesome pickup you got there.  That's definately a prize to have.  Bummer it was so dirty - did it look different than the one pictured in his auction (ie - did it look like the seller had more than one?)  That would be pretty crappy - photo the clean one, sell the dirty one.
Nah, it was definately the same one from the auction.  The pics in the auction, now that I look back, show all of it...  If you compare the pic I posted of it to the completed auction you'll see what I mean.  I'm happy though.

Sparky

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/08/2010, 11:50 PM
Quote from: turbo D on 06/08/2010, 11:47 PMlol, that's pretty cool. Now all you need is a TGX kiosk like the one Sparky has.
If I could only find someone willing to sell one......    :(
Rest assured Roy, if i was selling mine..... you would be the last person i would sell it to :P ziiiing!!!

nice score henrycsc... :)

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2010, 02:41 PMRest assured Roy, if i was selling mine..... you would be the last person i would sell it to :P ziiiing!!!
I'm fully aware of that, which is why I said "someone" and not "Sparky"...    [-X

Sparky

Some ok finds but got them at some damn good prices!!
the nes games were $2 a piece, UMD movies $4 each, Fallout $15, Twisted Metal Small Brawl $5, GB game $1 and the Suffering:Ties that Bind $5.

Oh ya and a tetra pack of wine for tonight!!! thursday is the new friday :P

IMG

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ceti Alpha

Nice hoobs.  :mrgreen:

Gain Ground looks like a Time Soldiers type game.
IMG

JapanTokei

Yea, I think so too.  Anyone have Mystic Formula?  from reviews that looks like Time-Soldier with 4 player simu action... looks darn cool, but also relatively elusive, I haven't seen one come up for sale.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/14/2010, 03:22 PMNice hoobs.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/14/2010, 03:22 PMNice hoobs.  :mrgreen:

JapanTokei

Henry - $1400 for that is a steal.  If I were you I would sale some of the systems w/games you don't need as bundles and keep the rare items like Darius Alpha and 1941.  With some effort, I think you can net $1K or so in a few auctions, leaving you with a cost basis of $400 for lots of goodies :)

just curious, does the Draculax / Sapphires / other tough PCE CD games have spine cards?  it's not showing in the pics.

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/09/2010, 06:43 AMJapanTokei- I paid Sicboy's asking price plus I paid some extra for the shipping insurance.  My only hesitation was that I have so many duplicates of games, but those will be going on my trade list sometime in the next week or so.  Some of the great stuff like Sapphire (Legit), DracX, and Spriggan will be added to the list.

Tatsujin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/14/2010, 03:22 PMGain Ground looks like a Time Soldiers type game.
But it very much is not.

Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/14/2010, 08:31 PMYea, I think so too.  Anyone have Mystic Formula?  from reviews that looks like Time-Soldier with 4 player simu action... looks darn cool, but also relatively elusive, I haven't seen one come up for sale.
Now, that is like a time soldier game :)

altough, it looks much better on pics, than it actually is in real :(

henrycsc

JapanTokei, most of the games have spinecards and registration cards, but I'm keeping those.  I do have duplicates without those items.  I've got to locate my dracx spine/reg - I bought it new and know I kept it - just have to find the items to add to my trade list.  Keeping track of everything is a chore for sure.  I may do as you suggest and sell, but right now I would rather get trades.  I'm still missing a few US games/parts and am looking for some PCE titles too.  Here's the trade list: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8161.0.  Oh, and I have another BIG order coming in that will really beef up my collection.
Wanted:

guyjin

blueraven

Quote from: guyjin on 06/15/2010, 12:44 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/08/2010, 11:39 PM/Turbografx-16CountertopStoreDisplay.jpg
FUCKING. AWESOME.
Wow. :shock: I remember seeing one of those at Toys R Us back in the early 90's.

oldskool

Well both were canceled because "we could not find the games in stock, we are sorry"..   figures.

Quote from: oldskool on 06/08/2010, 05:06 AMNo pics yet, because I have not received them yet, but I am pretty excited about it.

I picked up 2 copies of Lucienne's Quest for the 3DO for 12.99 each.  Had to have been a typo, I hope they don't cancel my order.

Opethian

IMG

henrycsc

Awesome Opeth!  Where did you find Coryoon?  Get a deal?
Wanted:

Opethian

IMG

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

JapanTokei

Awesome - looks like an auction haul, no?  hope you get a sweet deal!!  I am still after Coryoon myself!

Quote from: Opethian on 06/15/2010, 06:05 PMIMG
finally a Coryoon huey!!!!!

Opethian

IMG

Ceti Alpha

IMG

henrycsc

Today was a pretty good day
/GoodDay1.jpg

OK, so maybe it was a great day
/GoodDay2.jpg

Oh Hell! It was a SUPER AWESOME DAY! :dance:
/SuperAwesomeDay.jpg

A couple of my purchases all came in at once - including the biggie!  I wonder if my bank will take a credit card for the mortgage payment?  Boy, am I screwed if someone puts up a large PCE Shmup collection for sale!

Actually, only a very few duplicates out of this lot (mostly upgrades of what I had), and no, I'm not looking to complete the PCE collection.  :lol:  I will add a few dupes to my trade list once I go through everything!

Oh, and thanks for the interest on the trades.

http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/henrycsc70/Payday/
Wanted:

JapanTokei

oh WOW Henry - fock I am drooling now.  That is one heck of a nice collection, with PC Genjin 3 hucard, the Gunheads, and the Bomberman 93 taikenbans... <-- I still want that myself.

how much did that set you back?  The PC Genjin3 collection itself set me back almost $200 !!!

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/18/2010, 02:02 AMToday was a pretty good day

henrycsc

I got the bulk of the lot (stuff inside the BIG BOX) from Thibaut's sales thread.  He gave me a really good price since I bought so much at once.  Let's just say it was somewhere between the price of US Might and Magic III and US Magical Chase Complete In Box.
Wanted:

JapanTokei

well we all know the upper bound these days of Magical Chase at 2K+, and MM3 around 200, so damn, that is hella good price for such a collection!!!  congrats my friend. 

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/18/2010, 10:20 AMI got the bulk of the lot (stuff inside the BIG BOX) from Thibaut's sales thread.  He gave me a really good price since I bought so much at once.  Let's just say it was somewhere between the price of US Might and Magic III and US Magical Chase Complete In Box.

blueraven

Tatsujin

nice one the 4 special hueys 'enry :)

Opethian

wow just wow henry. I'm working on a Gunbed special myself. how much did you nab just that card for?

also are you going to add more dupes to your trade list :D
IMG

geise

Yeah henry that's one hell of a nice grab.  Congrats!  After my vacation next week I need to set aside some money for a couple games I've been trying to get.  Sadly Coryoon is one of them so I'll be saving for a while.

Mathius

My day finally came, guys! :dance: I am a proud owner of a Neo Geo AES: Sorry about the quality. I am not too good with digital cameras.

/Neo1.jpg

Opethian

and componenet modded too nice. is it running UniBios?
IMG

Joe Redifer

OMG dude.  That thing has a blue LED!  Oh wait... there are probably more AES's with blue LEDs these days than no LEDs.  :)

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 06/18/2010, 11:38 PMand componenet modded too nice. is it running UniBios?
Yes it is. I haven't tested it out yet as I haven't got my games yet. First one should be here by tomorrow.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/18/2010, 11:40 PMOMG dude.  That thing has a blue LED!  Oh wait... there are probably more AES's with blue LEDs these days than no LEDs.  :)
Ha! How true. :lol:

Opethian

If you need Samurai Spirits 1 or 3 let me know plz lol
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 06/19/2010, 12:51 AMIf you need Samurai Spirits 1 or 3 let me know plz lol
I will. :)
Also, I believe you might recognize that game in the Turbografx slot. ;)

Opethian

Glad you enjoy it. nice turbo cd!
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/18/2010, 11:40 PMOMG dude.  That thing has a blue LED!  Oh wait... there are probably more AES's with blue LEDs these days than no LEDs.  :)
hahahahHAHHAHAHHA  :lol: =D&gt; =D&gt;

Have fun with the Turbo CD!