OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 06/19/2010, 10:35 AMGlad you enjoy it. nice turbo cd!
Thanks. :)
Quote from: blueraven on 06/19/2010, 01:55 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/18/2010, 11:40 PMOMG dude.  That thing has a blue LED!  Oh wait... there are probably more AES's with blue LEDs these days than no LEDs.  :)
Have fun with the Turbo CD!
I have had that TG-CD for about a year now and it's still going strong. Keeping my finger's crossed.

Joe Redifer

Mine's been going strong since '91.

Tatsujin

general stuff:
/p1100639.jpg[/img]

pce stuff:
/p1100641j.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

nice tats I love Gunbarl/Point Blank!
IMG

Tatsujin

me too. i had 'em already, as well the other hundreds of sequels. but for 50 cents per game, i couldn't resist to let 'em behind in the shelf.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

henrycsc

Nice Tats, what's the Bomberman piece?  It looks like a multi-tap of some sort - for some other system?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Tatsujin

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/20/2010, 08:26 AMNice Tats, what's the Bomberman piece?  It looks like a multi-tap of some sort - for some other system?
6P tab for saturn bomberman :)

JapanTokei

Speaking of cool-looking Bombmer tap items - I saw in one of my PCEngine Monthly mags from 93, there are these Bomberman fan club contest things.  I noticed a really cool set of Bomberman figures that looks to function as wire-holders for the PCE controllers.  Basically, each controller had its wires snapped to one of these Bomberman figures - imagine wire organizaters but with cool figures instead!   I really want these but have never seen them.  Will take a picture of the magazine page so you can all see what I am talking about.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/20/2010, 08:35 AM
Quote from: henrycsc on 06/20/2010, 08:26 AMNice Tats, what's the Bomberman piece?  It looks like a multi-tap of some sort - for some other system?
6P tab for saturn bomberman :)

Joe Redifer

WOW I didn't know that they made the PCE CD available in beige-ish yellow!  Did they make any SNES that color, too?  Or maybe half that color?  That would be AWESOME!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/20/2010, 11:35 AMWOW I didn't know that they made the PCE CD available in beige-ish yellow! 
Yeah, the PC consumer CD-ROM was beige-ish, just to keep a clear difference to the one for the PC Engine.

NecroPhile

What's the boxed Bazarooooo item, tats?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Mathius on 06/18/2010, 11:07 PMMy day finally came, guys! :dance: I am a proud owner of a Neo Geo AES: Sorry about the quality. I am not too good with digital cameras.

IMG
You have chosen wisely. I can't imagine playing an AES without RGB or the Component mod to my system. Mine has a red LED since I tend to like the classic look of it. What games do you have for it? Are you going for the more common cheaper games like Magician Lord, Cyberlip, Fatal Fury Special, etc.. or the slightly higher priced games like KOF 96-2000, Real Bout series, Last Blade 1 and 2, etc...?

Some good easy to find and fairly reasonably priced games:

Nam 1975
Magician Lord
Baseball Stars
King of The Monsters
3 Count Bout (Fire Suplex)
Sengouku
Samsho 1 and 2
Fatal Fury 1, 2, and Special
Art of Fighting 1 and 2
World Heroes 1, 2 and 2 Jet

Games I highly recommend and aren't over $200 JP versions mostly:

Last Resort - $100 roughly
Sengouku 2 - $100 "
Baseball Stars 2 - $100 "
KOF 95 to 99 - range from $35-$70 these days
Real Bout Special and Real Bout 2 - $90 and $120
Last Blade 1 and 2 - $160 and $200 (These are a must buy if you own a Neo Geo. I can't imagine not having them. Watch gameplay videos on Youtube or something, you'll see why.)
Samsho 3 and 4 - $60 and $150
Art of fighting 3 - $180

I also have some games like Mark of The Wolves US and Metal Slug 3 JP that I recommend as great games. These are kinda up there on price, but I bought them when they came out.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 06/20/2010, 02:36 PMWhat's the boxed Bazarooooo item, tats?
You will never guess by your own...

..a roll of antique fax paper :lol:

JapanTokei

you gotta get PULSTAR!!

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 06/20/2010, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/18/2010, 11:07 PMMy day finally came, guys! :dance: I am a proud owner of a Neo Geo AES: Sorry about the quality. I am not too good with digital cameras.

IMG
You have chosen wisely. I can't imagine playing an AES without RGB or the Component mod to my system. Mine has a red LED since I tend to like the classic look of it. What games do you have for it? Are you going for the more common cheaper games like Magician Lord, Cyberlip, Fatal Fury Special, etc.. or the slightly higher priced games like KOF 96-2000, Real Bout series, Last Blade 1 and 2, etc...?

Some good easy to find and fairly reasonably priced games:

Nam 1975
Magician Lord
Baseball Stars
King of The Monsters
3 Count Bout (Fire Suplex)
Sengouku
Samsho 1 and 2
Fatal Fury 1, 2, and Special
Art of Fighting 1 and 2
World Heroes 1, 2 and 2 Jet

Games I highly recommend and aren't over $200 JP versions mostly:

Last Resort - $100 roughly
Sengouku 2 - $100 "
Baseball Stars 2 - $100 "
KOF 95 to 99 - range from $35-$70 these days
Real Bout Special and Real Bout 2 - $90 and $120
Last Blade 1 and 2 - $160 and $200 (These are a must buy if you own a Neo Geo. I can't imagine not having them. Watch gameplay videos on Youtube or something, you'll see why.)
Samsho 3 and 4 - $60 and $150
Art of fighting 3 - $180

I also have some games like Mark of The Wolves US and Metal Slug 3 JP that I recommend as great games. These are kinda up there on price, but I bought them when they came out.

Opethian

Pulstar home cart is pretty steep. But if you like R-TYpe you need Pulstar and Blazing Star.
IMG

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/20/2010, 08:15 PMyou gotta get PULSTAR!!
Weeeeeeell, that game goes for $600. Even though I and many others would love to own Pulstar and Blazing Star as well. It is quite a bit past most peoples spending limit for 1 game. I just can't find myself to spend more than $200 on a game nowadays, and even that seems rough to me. If they were $300-$350 I would maybe consider getting them, but still.

Also, people are making counterfeit copies from MVS conversions with those two games and Metal Slug 1 and 2. It is getting pretty bad really, especially with European sellers. It isn't all too hard to spot the counterfeits, but it makes it a bit more of a pain to find a legit copy. Usually, the sticker, manual and inserts aren't cropped just right and are a little darker. With the Metal Slugs, you really have to look at minor details like the ink print itself and minor differences like the yellow bricks being cut off on the back part of the insert. This crap is making people scared as hell to buy major expensive titles, but at the same time just know what to look for and it will be OK.

Mathius

I am going to start out buying the cheap carts for now. I already have NAM1975 (which now I think is a little overrated), and I would like to pick up Samurai Showdown 1 & 2, Cyber Lip (lots of fond memories of this one), and a few cheaper shmups. I don't think I will ever spend more than a few hundred dollars for a game, which cuts out a good portion of the AES library. I'll stick to compilations like Metal Slug Anthology and SNK Classics Vol 1 to play the more expensive games. The MVS to AES converter might me a good investment to play some of the cheaper MVS titles.

Joe Redifer

If the conversions were actually sold for cheap, then all would be good.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/20/2010, 09:52 PMIf the conversions were actually sold for cheap, then all would be good.
Yeah, good point. Well, they say that owning a Neo-Geo is like owning a ferarri and I guess that's true. Expensive as hell no matter how you look at it.

nectarsis

Quote from: Mathius on 06/20/2010, 09:57 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/20/2010, 09:52 PMIf the conversions were actually sold for cheap, then all would be good.
Yeah, good point. Well, they say that owning a Neo-Geo is like owning a ferarri and I guess that's true. Expensive as hell no matter how you look at it.
Unless you go the much more sensible MVS/cab route ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

JapanTokei

Heh, well, the PCE might not be Farrari territory, but it sure is getting expensive these days. 
I think as a kid, the PCE/TG-16 was like a Honda.  In the late 90s/early 2000s it started becoming say Lexus in terms of desirability, but now we are definitely in the Audi / Mercedes territory  :)

JapanTokei

Tats!  don't tell me that was another Hardoff pull!  if so I am going to sign up for the Tat's school of treasure hunting at Hardoff :) 

nice grab, especially the Body Conquest 2 is not too easy to spot. 
Always been curious about the Duo Comic - how is it?  it's not HuVideo at all right?  are the quality good?  I had opportunities to pick that up a few times but passed many times... do pls let me know !

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/20/2010, 02:34 AMgeneral stuff:
/p1100639.jpg

pce stuff:
/p1100641j.jpg

:)

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/20/2010, 10:02 PM
I wish I had room for an MVS Cab, otherwise I would be on that like shit on velcro!

Mathius

Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/20/2010, 10:04 PMHeh, well, the PCE might not be Farrari territory, but it sure is getting expensive these days. 
I think as a kid, the PCE/TG-16 was like a Honda.  In the late 90s/early 2000s it started becoming say Lexus in terms of desirability, but now we are definitely in the Audi / Mercedes territory  :)

Well, hopefully the PC Engine never becomes the Hummer of the gaming world. Oh wait, that's the Atari 5200. :lol:

nectarsis

Quote from: Mathius on 06/20/2010, 10:31 PM
I wish I had room for an MVS Cab, otherwise I would be on that like shit on velcro!
There's always a consolized MVS board.  Takes up the same or less than an AES..and in the long run a LOT cheaper.

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/20/2010, 10:43 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/20/2010, 10:31 PM
There's always a consolized MVS board.  Takes up the same or less than an AES..and in the long run a LOT cheaper.
Yeah, but buying into that is a little too steep for me ATM. Plus I just love the look of a modded AES. :wink:

Joe Redifer

Buying an AES is like buying a 500 Ferarri Enzos (even though only a couple hundred were made), a mansion, a bevy of politicians, Shaq's skull, the hope diamond and a nice piece of chicken.  Buying a consolized MVS is like buying a Daihatsu and finding some old Crest toothpaste in the glovebox.  Or maybe a Pontiac Grand Am with Grey Poupon in the glovebox if you get a really nice one.  PCE these days is like buying one of those motorized tricycles you occasionally see cruising around town.

Let's see, what about a few other consoles?

Genesis - Like buying a Honda Civic with automatic transmission.
SNES - Like buying a Harley Davidson motorcycle because it is slower than most cars, is famous for the noise it makes, fat people love it, lots of people talk about it but in reality there isn't much substance.
Master System - A really cool scooter.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/20/2010, 11:25 PMBuying an AES is like buying a 500 Ferarri Enzos (even though only a couple hundred were made), a mansion, a bevy of politicians, Shaq's skull, the hope diamond and a nice piece of chicken.  Buying a consolized MVS is like buying a Daihatsu and finding some old Crest toothpaste in the glovebox.  Or maybe a Pontiac Grand Am with Grey Poupon in the glovebox if you get a really nice one.  PCE these days is like buying one of those motorized tricycles you occasionally see cruising around town.

SNES - Like buying a Harley Davidson motorcycle because it is slower than most cars, is famous for the noise it makes, fat people love it, lots of people talk about it but in reality there isn't much substance.
Joe, I thought I was hullucinating when I saw your Shinobi eyes roll around in their sockets. Freaked me out, man! :lol:

Your list is great. I couldn't come up with anything better. Your Master System one is right on. :)

SNKNostalgia

In a way, they are cheap believe it or not. There is a sac cart which is of course a JP Fatal Fury 3 most of the time, so there goes $30-$60 depending if the cart is loose and/or good condition. Then you have the original MVS cart of said game, which in most cases are $60 carts. Then you have the labor of de-soldering chips from both carts, soldering the chips onto the home cart, then changing the jumper connections. Total cost of a fresh conversion cart with just insert and cart sticker done to it = $180-$200. So you are paying roughly $60-90 for the labor, which is somewhat fair considering all the annoying solder work.

Any already owned and used conversion cart should go for $140, which they sometimes do. I got my Shock Troopers 1 conversion from cgame on Ebay who is from Taiwan about 5 years ago. He does great work and charges $180. I think he stopped doing conversions around 2 years ago. I still think conversions should not be any more than $150 really.

Still, you can go the MVS converter route or just get/build a CMVS. The looks game and console wise are rough as hell, but you still get to play the games on original hardware. If you think paying $400-$500 for a CMVS is too expensive then that is kinda silly. Think about what most games will cost on the AES home cart format in the long run. You still save going with MVS. Using the newest and best converter can be tricky, as some AES home consoles have zooming glitches with games.

I still want a MVS cab, but they don't really have them ANYWHERE in the fucking south. Man, this area has nothing to offer when it comes to old school gaming. I always like AES collecting and all but only within a somewhat reasonable pace. I pretty much have all the games I want for it, minus Metal Slug 1, 2 X, Shocktroopers 2nd Squad, Pulstar, Blazing Star, and a few bit more. That is just due to ridiculous prices. Other than that I have all the 1 on 1 fighters I want, so I am happy. Eventually I will get a MVS cab if I find one, or just say to hell with it an make a CMVS.

JapanTokei

Joe - nice post on the comps.. Genesis = Honda Civic is for sure.. lol. 
I think for PCE stuff, it depend on the system you pickup.  I have tucked away with original box/instructions the Super-CDRom addon, I think that looks damn cool as heck and besides the Duo Monitor and LT, I would say it's the cream of the PCE hardware crop in terms of looks!  Therefore  Sticking with Audi instead of motorized tricycle!! 

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/20/2010, 11:25 PMPCE these days is like buying one of those motorized tricycles you occasionally see cruising around town.

Joe Redifer

Yeah, but Audi's still look like fairly common cars.  They don't really stand out very much.  Those motor-tricycle things sure do.  Plus, nobody knows about 'em.

blueraven

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/20/2010, 11:25 PMBuying an AES is like buying a 500 Ferarri Enzos (even though only a couple hundred were made), a mansion, a bevy of politicians, Shaq's skull, the hope diamond and a nice piece of chicken.  Buying a consolized MVS is like buying a Daihatsu and finding some old Crest toothpaste in the glovebox.  Or maybe a Pontiac Grand Am with Grey Poupon in the glovebox if you get a really nice one.  PCE these days is like buying one of those motorized tricycles you occasionally see cruising around town.

:lol: I would say more, but I almost died laughing.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/21/2010, 02:37 AMYeah, but Audi's still look like fairly common cars.  They don't really stand out very much.  Those motor-tricycle things sure do.  Plus, nobody knows about 'em.
that has a point :idea:

I would see the PCE more like an aston martin equipped with the bond gadgets. It is old (at least older than others), yet it is quite strong and competitive in almost every section and it also bubbles over with crazy ideas and visual tricks. It is known by people but you won't see it every day.

JapanTokei

I like the Bond Gadget reference.. PCE sure has endless of gadgets out there... that's what makes it sooooooo great for otakus like us. 

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/21/2010, 04:03 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/21/2010, 02:37 AMYeah, but Audi's still look like fairly common cars.  They don't really stand out very much.  Those motor-tricycle things sure do.  Plus, nobody knows about 'em.
that has a point :idea:

I would see the PCE more like an aston martin equipped with the bond gadgets. It is old (at least older than others), yet it is quite strong and competitive in almost every section and it also bubbles over with crazy ideas and visual tricks. It is known by people but you won't see it every day.

Opethian

IMG

henrycsc

I'm pretty sure I saw a PCE battle tap that looked just....... like...... that......
Quote from: Opethian on 06/21/2010, 08:02 AMIMG
leave bond to me
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

JapanTokei

HAhahahah, I just bought a Rau-30 in box... I think that qualifies as a wacko Bond-like gadget..

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/21/2010, 07:08 PMI'm pretty sure I saw a PCE battle tap that looked just....... like...... that......
Quote from: Opethian on 06/21/2010, 08:02 AMIMG
leave bond to me

nectarsis

Opethian

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/25/2010, 10:51 PM/100_3705.jpg
Shaolin Soccer is funny as hell. You should check out Stephen Chow's other movies like God of Cookery and From Beijing with Love.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: Opethian on 06/26/2010, 10:03 AMShaolin Soccer is funny as hell. You should check out Stephen Chow's other movies like God of Cookery and From Beijing with Love.
I have God of Cookery coming in a bit, thanks for the tip on Beijing with love.  Just rewatched Kung Fu Hustle...easily a top 10 movie of all time for me lol.

nectarsis

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

/100_3706.jpg
/100_3707.jpg
/100_3708.jpg

turbogrfxfan

got me a jj and jeff.  its been a long time since I played it... I think it would be a cool break from the shooters that ive been playin
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

JapanTokei

you need to play the JP  version to fully appreciate the original blunt humor of the game!  (Kato & Ken-chan).  The US version - JJ/Jeff is much more diluted...

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 06/29/2010, 08:13 PMgot me a jj and jeff.  its been a long time since I played it... I think it would be a cool break from the shooters that ive been playin

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/29/2010, 08:40 PMyou need to play the JP  version to fully appreciate the original blunt humor of the game!  (Kato & Ken-chan).  The US version - JJ/Jeff is much more diluted...

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 06/29/2010, 08:13 PMgot me a jj and jeff.  its been a long time since I played it... I think it would be a cool break from the shooters that ive been playin
yeah no I was thinkin about that but I actually wanna try to beat it this time..  I heard that you need to read some of the info on the screen in order to beat it....  I should prolly get both to really get the experience!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

rag-time4

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 06/29/2010, 08:45 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/29/2010, 08:40 PMyou need to play the JP  version to fully appreciate the original blunt humor of the game!  (Kato & Ken-chan).  The US version - JJ/Jeff is much more diluted...

yeah no I was thinkin about that but I actually wanna try to beat it this time..  I heard that you need to read some of the info on the screen in order to beat it....  I should prolly get both to really get the experience!!
Yes you'll be ok if you follow your buddy's advice! Kato Chan and Ken Chan is a cheapie I would like to get, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Opethian

IMG
finally got a friend for my SGX :D
IMG

Sparky

nice Opethian!!! shes a beauty :)

Mathius

RoyVegas

Such a beautiful vacuum.....  Congrats!
All is well. :)

blueraven