RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

mmmmmmmmm I love all the pc-e controllers when they still look in great shape and condition ^______^

picked up this evil fella.. 360 S just released in EU and was there around midnight to grab mine and standing next to my older elite model

/IMG_4716.jpg

rag-time4

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/16/2010, 09:49 AMWhat a charmer indeed.  I think I am charmed by all those sexy PCE games in the shelves behind the flowers from the pictures though :) 

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/16/2010, 12:02 AMAnniversary bocquet of flowers for my wife!! Hot and Cold collide!!!!
I was wondering if anyone would notice teh sexies!!!

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/16/2010, 02:39 PMmmmmmmmmm I love all the pc-e controllers when they still look in great shape and condition ^______^

picked up this evil fella.. 360 S just released in EU and was there around midnight to grab mine and standing next to my older elite model
Digi, hope it's durable for you!!

EDIT!! ~~

Just received my trade stuff from Nectarsis!! Very happy with the Keith Courage for PS1! Was expecting only to get the spine and reg cards in the trade!

IMG
IMG

I've also picked up some cheapies from gamestop during their used game sale, and a Wii cheapie from best buy:

IMG

henrycsc

Nice lot rag!

This was what I got today!   :)

/P7160081.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Sparky

nice henry!!!  godzzzzzzzzzzzilla!!! gimmy, gimmy!!!  how much did you pay for that if you dont mind me asking... or pm me man... its all good :)

Opethian

Nice Terraforming, congrats. I need that one PCE hehe
IMG

henrycsc

Opeth... I happen to have Terraforming pce on my trade list..... hmmm
Wanted:

JapanTokei

Henry!  damn.... that is some major lot.  I want Beyond Shadowgate... and the Seiya special edition is nice.  did you get all of that from one seller?  gives me the itch even though I promised my wife to slow down the PCE buying... urrgh

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/16/2010, 09:20 PMNice lot rag!

This was what I got today!   :)

/P7160081.jpg

JapanTokei

Hey Rock!  Glad you received it and judging by the picture the Core has found a nice new home :) 
Welcome to the forum once again!  next up for you to do is to - check out the PCEDaisakuen site and start tracking your collections there...

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/36/home.htm

Quote from: Rockabilly Paradise on 07/16/2010, 02:03 PMgot this in today(coregrafx system)... courtesy of japantokei

/P7160016.jpg

/P7160021.jpg

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Opethian

will those games run without the Games Express card?
IMG

Tatsujin

Those are no game express game. not even close to them. In a matter of fact, those are no games. I would even consider to call them "anti-games".
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

henrycsc

Opeth, I got the US Games from Roy, Anearth from Nec, and Bomberman94 from JumptoJapan  (I also got a bunch of huey sleeves from jump that I will post pics of in the retr0bright section... gonna take "junk" and make it minty!  :)

Hoobs, congrats on the girly games.  I think Roy should be able to buy a Veigues Tactical Mansion with his sales... or is that Vegas?
Wanted:

rag-time4

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/17/2010, 01:46 AMOpeth, I got the US Games from Roy, Anearth from Nec, and Bomberman94 from JumptoJapan  (I also got a bunch of huey sleeves from jump that I will post pics of in the retr0bright section... gonna take "junk" and make it minty!  :)

Hoobs, congrats on the girly games.  I think Roy should be able to buy a Veigues Tactical Mansion with his sales... or is that Vegas?
So those nasty sleeves are from Toshi? Any plans to share your before and after shots with him?

henrycsc

Rag, if we give away all our secrets, then we won't be able to get "junk" for cheap!  :)

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/17/2010, 02:52 AM
Quote from: henrycsc on 07/17/2010, 01:46 AMOpeth, I got the US Games from Roy, Anearth from Nec, and Bomberman94 from JumptoJapan  (I also got a bunch of huey sleeves from jump that I will post pics of in the retr0bright section... gonna take "junk" and make it minty!  :)

So those nasty sleeves are from Toshi? Any plans to share your before and after shots with him?
Wanted:

RR1980

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/15/2010, 06:38 PMRag - you're not going to find anything like at SF's Japantown!  (except maybe poor ramen... avoid the sapporo ramen place at all costs.. it's junk!)  I think the best  shop in that whole complex is the little bakery.. lol   the drinking holes are pretty good at night too though.

the best shop in that whole complex is the Popeye's Chicken next to the Safeway!! :-D

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/14/2010, 07:30 PMAre there any active Japanese magazines that focus exclusively on retro?

I took my wife to Japantown, San Francisco yesterday and checked out the big bookstore... but didn't see any old game stuff anywhere in all of Japantown  :(

Tatsujin

AES stuff
/aesnew.jpg

diverse
/diverse20100717.jpg

FC alarm clock
/fcclock.jpg

:)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Nice Famicom, Tats! I didn't know you had a Neo Geo either. :shock:

Tatsujin

1. It's not a Famicom :)
2. Check prev. page :)

:edit: ah lol. u mean the AV Famicom :)

have already a bunch of em.

Mathius

No, I meant the older model Fami. Is that one of those alarm clock Famicoms or something? You said to check the last page but I couldn't find anything. :(

Edit-Or is it a coin bank maybe? :wink:

Tatsujin

the prev. page is for the Neo Geo :)

no, it is just an alarm clock with fancy mario bros. jingles :)

Opethian

IMG

Tatsujin

That's kinda right. but would you let it behind in the shelf for 20 bucks minty cibbler? :)

Opethian

I actually just sold mine on ebay for $30 lol
IMG

Tatsujin

henrycsc

OK, If I ever mention buying another large lot again, please stop me...Now I've gotta find so much more obey time...

For some girly games.....
/P7170131.jpg

or some serious action....
/P7170132.jpg

or just about everything else...
/P7170136.jpg
/P7170137.jpg

Don't ask!.... I don't wanna talk about it... :lol:
Wanted:

ZachSpears

Smashed Brother

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/17/2010, 11:57 PMOK, If I ever mention buying another large lot again, please stop me...Now I've gotta find so much more obey time...

For some girly games.....
/P7170131.jpg

or some serious action....
/P7170132.jpg

or just about everything else...
/P7170136.jpg
/P7170137.jpg

Don't ask!.... I don't wanna talk about it... :lol:
Nice job on the Gain Ground SX!  Awesome game!  Also looks like you have Toilet Kids and Coryoon?  If you don't mind me asking, did you get a good price on the Coryoon?
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

Tatsujin

lol. l'enry. from where did you get that now? :lol: =D&gt;

lol Gain Ground SX!  is probably one of the weakest game in thta bunch :)

JapanTokei

yea Henry, seriously, WTF is going on, did you crack thru a secret underground PCE supplier or what?
Damn Korea is giving me server issues and I have hard time connecting to pcengine-fx.com the last few days, in just these few days you manage to blow me out of the water with these hauls.  damn.  Well, I head to Tokyo tomorrow morning so maybe I can find a Cocoron and top all of ya recent grabs  :)

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/18/2010, 01:56 AMlol. l'enry. from where did you get that now? :lol: =D&gt;

lol Gain Ground SX!  is probably one of the weakest game in thta bunch :)

Sparky

henry you are PCE/TG drunk!!! and i know drunk....:P
nice grabs there man.

henrycsc

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/18/2010, 03:15 AMyea Henry, seriously, WTF is going on, did you crack thru a secret underground PCE supplier or what?
No secret underground PCE stockpile.  Honestly, I've just been away from collecting for 10+ years, and now that I have money to get the games I've always wanted, I've been playing catch-up.
I probably could get better pricing hunting for a long time, but I figure I can save enough on shipping with a large lot to help offset some of the cost of buying things one at a time.  This lot brings me very close to my final goal.

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/387/show-user.htm

20 games left to complete PCE Shumps (Biggest are Final Soldier Special, Magical Chase original, Steam Hearts, Rayxanber II & III, and Raiden) 

6 games left for the Hudson collection (Raiden & Battle Load Runner are probably the biggest here)

I may try for the Naxat, Namcot, and Masaya collections as well as some random great games and certain hardware.

This lot was from Hit Japan's website see Emerald Rocker's post here:
Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 07/16/2010, 11:32 PMIf anyone orders from Hit-Japan, please use my affiliate link.  It will help me pay for more cool games to review!

http://www.gameofjapan.com/index.php?ref=17
Hit Doesn't have everything in stock, so I may not have gotten as good a deal as if he did, but, he was able to get them within a couple weeks and shipped them fast.  About 20% have registration cards, and a very few have spine cards, so if that matters to you, you might need to hunt them one at a time.

This was a huge lot (127 titles - and a lot of biggies) for cheaper than a BIN price for a boxed US Magical Chase - the last US Title I now need.  Damn it!  Why did I sell her?!?!?![/quote]
Quote from: guest on 07/18/2010, 08:01 AMhenry you are PCE/TG drunk!!! and i know drunk
WAY BEYOND DRUNK!  You should know!  How much was that Kiosk?!?!?

And remember... I obey only to PCE/TG16, so I'm not spending $$ on a lot of the other games/systems that you guys collect.

Selling my US Magical Chase caused all this.... LOL
Wanted:

Opethian

congrats on the lot, have you updated your trade list :D
IMG

Tatsujin

Damn, l'enry is close on my heels  :P

TheClash603

henrycsc

No worries Tats, I will never have that many.... just a lot of a games have no interest to me since I can't read Japanese.  :)

Thanks Opeth, no, haven't updated the trade list yet.... but I do have a handful of new ones.  Man this is a lot of stuff to go through... on top of the retr0bright project too!  If I never see another dirty hucard sleeve, it will be too soon... LOL
Wanted:

Smashed Brother

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/18/2010, 01:56 AMlol Gain Ground SX!  is probably one of the weakest game in thta bunch :)
Argh!  My eyes! I can't believe what I'm reading! :p

Nice job on the lot!  I too would rather purchase all of that than spend my cash on US Magical Chase!  But, I also know that feverish pitch of trying to acquire one last certain title....
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

JapanTokei

Henry !  I'm playing catchup, here is one back at ya!! 
I think I spent the best $700 USD ever today with my haul.  I ran straight from the Narita airport to the shop.  The Yen exchange rate sucks now, but for 60000 yen ($700 USD), I got the following below. 
Same as Henry, I don't want to pinch pennies and wait forever, so I plunged today:

* BRAND NEW SEALed - Bazzaru  (yes yes yes.. he completes me !!)
* BRAND NEW SEALed - Dead of the Brain
* Go Go Birdie Chance - Mint complete w/registration card
* Don Doko Don!  (been wanting to play this)
* Gunhed Special Huey
* Devil Hunter Yokko (complete) - just wanted to try this one out so I grabbed it

The picture below shows my new sexies on my hotel bed, like I promised I would share with yo uall  =P~

These below cost total aggregate $900.... this means I am pretty much done with my chase.  Only left is Madou Monogatari ACD...

IMG

I am a happy man today  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/18/2010, 12:58 PMNo worries Tats, I will never have that many.... just a lot of a games have no interest to me since I can't read Japanese.  :)

Thanks Opeth, no, haven't updated the trade list yet.... but I do have a handful of new ones.  Man this is a lot of stuff to go through... on top of the retr0bright project too!  If I never see another dirty hucard sleeve, it will be too soon... LOL

SuperDeadite

So will you open the sealed Bazarru?  But more importantly play Go! Go!,
the game is severely unappreciated.  One of my faves :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

RR1980

wow nice  job Tokei! I thought you already got DDII from Yahoo Japan for like 3000 yen?

JapanTokei

Deadite - you hit the nail on the head.  I was REALLY wishing NOT to find a brand new Bazzy, since I want to play it.. but they only had this one, so I grabbed it.. but now I have the tough dillemma - pop this baby open or keep him happily sealed?  i'll figure it out soon but I have no answers now....

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/19/2010, 08:37 AMSo will you open the sealed Bazarru?  But more importantly play Go! Go!,
the game is severely unappreciated.  One of my faves :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/19/2010, 11:53 AMDeadite - you hit the nail on the head.  I was REALLY wishing NOT to find a brand new Bazzy, since I want to play it.. but they only had this one, so I grabbed it.. but now I have the tough dillemma - pop this baby open or keep him happily sealed?  i'll figure it out soon but I have no answers now....
Slice that sucka open; open games are infinitely more fun to play than boring, sealed games.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

Gongrats on the haul tokei!! :D

and, a sealed bazzy is a useless bazzy :idea:

henrycsc

That's Friggin awesome Tokei....  Sylphia is great!
Gunhed Special... is there anything left to say?
Awesome choices...  You're so lucky getting a company funded shopping trip.... too bad you can't expense it.  LOL  $700 sushi dinner!

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/19/2010, 08:31 AMHenry !  I'm playing catchup, here is one back at ya!! 
I think I spent the best $700 USD ever today with my haul.  I ran straight from the Narita airport to the shop.  The Yen exchange rate sucks now, but for 60000 yen ($700 USD), I got the following below. 
Same as Henry, I don't want to pinch pennies and wait forever, so I plunged today:

* BRAND NEW SEALed - Bazzaru  (yes yes yes.. he completes me !!)
* BRAND NEW SEALed - Dead of the Brain
* Go Go Birdie Chance - Mint complete w/registration card
* Don Doko Don!  (been wanting to play this)
* Gunhed Special Huey
* Devil Hunter Yokko (complete) - just wanted to try this one out so I grabbed it

The picture below shows my new sexies on my hotel bed, like I promised I would share with yo uall  =P~

These below cost total aggregate $900.... this means I am pretty much done with my chase.  Only left is Madou Monogatari ACD...

IMG

I am a happy man today  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/18/2010, 12:58 PMNo worries Tats, I will never have that many.... just a lot of a games have no interest to me since I can't read Japanese.  :)

Wanted:

blueraven

:shock: A Bazaru in Japan that Tats doesn't own?

JJ and Jeff loose, on eBay. $1. Thank you to the forum member who listed it.  :mrgreen:

turbogrfxfan

bought insanity from roy for 175!!! ......................nah im joking ... insanity indeeeed! :D
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Tatsujin

Fatality

I finally bought Splatterhouse for the TG-16. Found a good deal on it and had to bite on it. Great game. I like playing it on my Turbo Express before bed. Did I earn the right to OBEY now :wink:

JapanTokei

hahah, even Im amazed by that too.. The Bazzy glasses/screen wipe is hilarious.. I dont think Tats has that.. lol  Tats I know your TV screen is screaming for that !!

Here is the pics of the final haul from my 2 days at Tokyo (most were from auctions and arrived at my hotel before I took off). 

IMG

Quote from: blueraven on 07/20/2010, 05:04 AM:shock: A Bazaru in Japan that Tats doesn't own?

JJ and Jeff loose, on eBay. $1. Thank you to the forum member who listed it.  :mrgreen:

henrycsc

More Goodies Tokei!

It's a good think you got it out of the country before Tats got to you!  :)

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/21/2010, 05:30 AMhahah, even Im amazed by that too.. The Bazzy glasses/screen wipe is hilarious.. I dont think Tats has that.. lol  Tats I know your TV screen is screaming for that !!

Here is the pics of the final haul from my 2 days at Tokyo (most were from auctions and arrived at my hotel before I took off). 

IMG

Quote from: blueraven on 07/20/2010, 05:04 AM:shock: A Bazaru in Japan that Tats doesn't own?

Wanted: