10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Fatality on 07/21/2010, 12:19 AMI finally bought Splatterhouse for the TG-16. Found a good deal on it and had to bite on it. Great game. I like playing it on my Turbo Express before bed. Did I earn the right to OBEY now :wink:
I dont think its a matter of earning .... is a matter of must doing!!!  yeah such a cool game.  lasts the sands of time thats for sure.  ya know what im going to pop it in!!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

JapanTokei

So, after work today here at Taiwan, I decided to visit the Taipei Train Station shops as there are a lot of video game stores there and hoped to have fun window shopping and also perhaps pick up some titles for Henrycsc and maybe th Wiggler for Rag's wife. O:). 

The shop had Pop n Magic (no spine), Ranma 2, Ranma 3, and Hawk (all had spine), and loose System card 1.0 and 2.0s.  However, I was extremely dissappointed with the prices this guy was asking for this time.   
He wanted 800 TWD for the Ranmas and 900 for Hawk (new).  (that's $20ish each), and Pop he wanted 1200 or $40 (which is actually fair, that's the going range at JP).  He had a loosey PCE LT that works, and he wanted 18000 TWD ($562).  I didn't ask the system card prices cuz I was pretty irritated by then. :evil: :evil: 

Rag - I did see some Mario dolls, but no Wiggler.  Most of the shait was not Japan licenced and the stores basically carried high-turning/fast selling SKUs here instead of retro bliss.  There were some Luigis, which I thought about picking up, but it was from Australia.

The only highlight was I found a junkshop and found a few MegaDrive games for $2 bucks.  yep, $2 bucks. it was actually 50 TWD, or $1.56 USD to be exact.  I'm not sure if the games work, but one of them looks like an unofficial bootleg game of Romance of 3 Kingdoms.  The SuperGhoulnGhosts is just the case, and Castle of Illiusion should be fun to play.  (I've only played the SMS version in my youth). 

still very dissappointed on the bad showing of the store for PCE, but at least I got some additional toys. 

IMG

henrycsc

Today's lot:

/P7220236.jpg
/P7220235.jpg

Yes, bootlegs:
/P7220234.jpg

And the most awesome custom made poster:
/P7220233.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Ceti Alpha

Sweet grabs, henry!!!  =D>

I love the TG case and the custom poster.  =P~
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

henrycsc

Thanks Ceti, I'd been eyeing that case ever since I saw it on Roy's site.  Thanks Roy. 

A couple people had asked about the Sapphire & SFZ boots too, I got them for 90 Euro total shipped (yes they are bootlegs), but not bad considering copies of SFZ are selling on ebay for $150+  (so 1/3 the price with the delfated Euro).  It's pretty cool, though you can tell more time went into the Sapphire (I guess since they had a target they were trying to reach.)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the quality of the poster - it's more of a fabric than a paper (not quite a flag though.)  I'm probably going to use this place to make a poster of my tree once it's finished.
Wanted:

Opethian

nice haul henry, your obedience is legendary!
IMG

NecroPhile

I see the poster turned out well.  Nicely done.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Damn happy for $36  :dance: :dance:

/100_4438.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

Outrun has some amazing music. SoldierBlade!!!Dude post your best 2min/5min scores!
IMG

henrycsc

Great find Nec!  Solid price too!
SB is one of the very best!

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/23/2010, 01:11 PMDamn happy for $36  :dance: :dance:

/100_4438.jpg
Wanted:

TheClash603

Outrun is twice the game Soldier Blade will ever be!  Great pick up!

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/23/2010, 04:40 PMOutrun is twice the game Soldier Blade will ever be!  Great pick up!
I wanna punch you right in the uvula.  [-(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2010, 04:55 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/23/2010, 04:40 PMOutrun is twice the game Soldier Blade will ever be!  Great pick up!
I wanna punch you right in the uvula.  [-(
One of the best arcade and racing games of all time, or a slightly above average shooter?

I will return a blow straight to your meatus.

nectarsis

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/23/2010, 06:20 PMa slightly above average shooter?
:shock: :roll: [-( [-( :evil:

This isn't Magical Chase or Super Suck Soldier we're talking about here.  Soldier Blade easily smashes a fair amount of it's lesser PCE brethren.

Sparky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/23/2010, 06:20 PMOne of the best arcade and racing games of all time, or a slightly above average shooter?
I am with you for the love of outrun as i played the shit out of it as an arcade and on the SMS.
BUT Soldier Blade being average?... dude you are confused on games as much as good game prices <<hits below the belt for the win>> :P

In the mail today some DC goodness i needed, some still sealed... first time i have come across confident mission <<fist pump>>

IMG

JapanTokei

Wow !  lots of good hauls for NEC, Sparky, and Henry these few days! 

Outrun rocks.  NECtaris, that's a great deal.  I think I paid $20 for outrun itself!!  Have yet to get a Soldier Blade.
I need to pick that one up. 

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2010, 09:15 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/23/2010, 06:20 PMOne of the best arcade and racing games of all time, or a slightly above average shooter?
I am with you for the love of outrun as i played the shit out of it as an arcade and on the SMS.
BUT Soldier Blade being average?... dude you are confused on games as much as good game prices <<hits below the belt for the win>> :P

Joe Redifer

I still need Out Run and After Burner for the PCE.  Both are great!

Tatsujin

LOL, sheerly can't believe that Joe has no After Burner for the PCE yet.

me got: Last Resort AES
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

You have 15 of them, sell me one!

Sell me Last Resort while you're at it, too!  :)

SuperDeadite

Last Resort is a great game.  :)  Still haven't been able to finish the 2nd loop.

Myself I've gotten tired of taking endless pics, but I picked up an original
R-Type pcb a few weeks ago.  I hate to say it, but it plays far better then
the PCE version, Stage 4 boss is so much eaiser now that I can actually see it...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

/p1100767h.jpg
/p1100777.jpg
:)

Sorry Joe, just got it in (after a wait of nicely 18 years). So can't give it away so fast again :mrgreen:

And a new toy!
/p1100771.jpg
/p1100774.jpg
/p1100775r.jpg
:D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

rag-time4

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/24/2010, 11:36 AM/p1100767h.jpg
Yikes that game is almost as big as your torso!!

Opethian

congrats on the NEO. AES games look to great on the shelf with all that big ass artwork and packaging.
IMG

henrycsc

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/24/2010, 12:43 PMYikes that game is almost as big as your torso!!
Rag... I am SOOOOOO glad you said Torso....
another win for Tatsujin-Corp
Wanted:

TR0N

Hah but can you get this neo-geo mvs title tatsujin  :wink: :wink:

Prehistroic Isle 2!!!!!!!!
IMG
/famigrems2.png

It took me a while to find (PI2) for the mvs the game is a obscure one.Luckly for me southtown-homebrew had a loose and i got the game finally.

Btw for any body that wounders what PI2 is like for a shmup.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Opethian

PI2 is pretty nice  game, alot more fun than PI 1930
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Opethian on 07/25/2010, 03:02 AMPI2 is pretty nice  game, alot more fun than PI 1930
I never got to play the original in the arcades.Still i've,all ways heard good feedback towards the sequel so i figure i get it finally.Not to mention it's current price wich is why it took me so long to get one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SuperDeadite

My baby has arrived.  Arcade Table from the '80s.  Wood panels for the win!
With an 18'' monitor this baby is small, light and fits anywhere.
Has the best monitor I've ever seen with my own eyes.  **** SUPERGUNS.  Real Deal or nothing!!!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

sweet table! This just in fresh off the Kubota!
IMG
IMG

henrycsc

Sweet Table Super Deadite - where's the cup holder?

Awesome shooters Opeth!  congrats!
Wanted:

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/29/2010, 10:11 AMMy baby has arrived.  Arcade Table from the '80s.  Wood panels for the win!
Has the best monitor I've ever seen with my own eyes.  **** SUPERGUNS.  Real Deal or nothing!!!

IMG
that is just too awesome!!!!!  good for you!!

henrycsc

Note the article in the Turbo Edge about the CD+G disc  :D
/p7290267.jpg
/p7290271.jpg
/p7290273.jpg
/p7290274.jpg
/p7290269.jpfg
/p7290268.jpg
/p7290278.jpg
/p7290313.jpg

and one game... added original Magical Chase to my collection (had the PCE Fan Edition already):
/p7290290.jpg
Wanted:

turbogrfxfan

Opethian

whats diofferent about the fan edition?
IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: Opethian on 07/29/2010, 11:04 PMwhats diofferent about the fan edition?
Nothing at all.  The PC Engine Fan Edition just says PC Engine Fan Edition on the back of the case and on the back of the manual.
All is well. :)

TheClash603

Nice haul Henry.  I have half of the TurboPlay magazines and they are good...  but depressing reads.  All of the comments about the great stuff coming out (that never did) and future outlook that is hopeful lies!

Opethian

Quote from: RoyVegas on 07/29/2010, 11:15 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 07/29/2010, 11:04 PMwhats diofferent about the fan edition?
Nothing at all.  The PC Engine Fan Edition just says PC Engine Fan Edition on the back of the case and on the back of the manual.
hmm and how much more is it? limited number run?
IMG

Tatsujin

and it comes in the cd like jewel case.

they didn't even correct the mistake in the manual with the level order..lol

henrycsc

Wanted:

Digi.k

picked up a new tv today although slightly regretting it.. it's too big >__<

50" plasma panny tv

/tvpiccy.jpg

nectarsis

Opethian

Braze Brue!!! Really well done for a handheld. I just got NeoGeo Ultimate Shooting. very strange game hehe
IMG

henrycsc

awesome nect... is DQ9 as good as DQ8?
Wanted:

dingsbums

My RGB-modded AV Famicom came today along with Kid Dracula
Big Thanks to Markus Brandel who performed the RGB-Mod after I nearly destroyed my AV-Famicom  :-"
Visiting his site is recommended http://playoffline.wordpress.com/
/img0838r.th.jpg

Connected to the Astro City
/img0834g.th.jpg
/img0837.th.jpg

Opethian

IMG

gundarN

JapanTokei

Deadite - I am totally drooling.  R-type looks amazing in that table... man.   
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/29/2010, 10:11 AMMy baby has arrived.  Arcade Table from the '80s.  Wood panels for the win!
OPE! - I want that Tatsujin!  After you play the games, let me know how Kiaden is!  I am also wanting to try that game... looks good on TV for sure but unsure of the gameplay so far  
Quote from: Opethian on 07/29/2010, 06:57 PMsweet table! This just in fresh off the Kubota!
Henry - very nice, you got great buying channels for sure - I used to subscribe to TurboPlay so some of those mags brings back good memories.  
Quote from: henrycsc on 07/29/2010, 10:18 PMNote the article in the Turbo Edge about the CD+G disc   :D
and one game... added original Magical Chase to my collection (had the PCE Fan Edition already):

blueraven

nectarsis

Digi.k

got this box set today but I don't think I'll have much time to watch since cousin coming over to stay with me for a while..

/IMG_4782.jpg