RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Bonk's Revenge - boxed, complete, and minty fresh for $15.00.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Yeahhhhhhh that's right  :dance: :dance: :dance:

/100_5012.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/17/2010, 05:13 PMYeahhhhhhh that's right  :dance: :dance: :dance:

/100_5012.jpg
ys 7 wow pleas elet me know how it is
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

turbogrfxfan

awesome hen.  lookin good.... yeah rocka Im sending your stuff. sorry for being late

Joe Redifer

I'd download that if it were to be made available for the PS3 via PSN.  Can't get a PSP for one game, though.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/17/2010, 05:13 PMYeahhhhhhh that's right  :dance: :dance: :dance:
Nice! I'm also curious to how that is.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Opethian

My Y's 7 doesnt comin until monday (cheap ass free shipping :P)
IMG

dingsbums

Finally my Star Parodier arrived  :D
/img0860hw.jpg
sealed  :D

about 3 minutes later
/img0861j.jpg
unsealed  8)

JapanTokei

I'm curious too but judging from the Amazon Prod desc - this doesn't seem like a traditional Y's game, more like a Final Fantasy with Y's characters...

Nectarsis - let us know how the game play is!

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/17/2010, 09:51 PM

nectarsis

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/18/2010, 10:13 AMI'm curious too but judging from the Amazon Prod desc - this doesn't seem like a traditional Y's game, more like a Final Fantasy with Y's characters...

Nectarsis - let us know how the game play is!

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/17/2010, 09:51 PM
No clue how you gathered Final Fantasy in there.  I played the japanese release for awhile, it's a straight action rpg.  Solid in every way IMO.

Tatsujin

some mutant cart :)

/mutationnation.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

henrycsc

This is what I got the past couple weeks (not just today).
Used China Cabinet, Paint, Sand Paper, Drop Cloths, Sheetrock Mud, Paint, Lights, Paint, Pain Medicine...  Project's almost complete except for moving little stuff.

A steal at $59!:
/chinaw.jpg

Before:
/beforegq.jpg

After:
/finishedor.jpg

And I got some play stuffs too:
/p8200400.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

turbogrfxfan

thats awesome hen.  so that controller came with a game?  thre button? I wish I could see it better

henrycsc

Turbo, here's the Forgotten Worlds/Avenue 3 combo.... Think this price is quite high though.
I got it in a trade with JapanTokei
http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-SCD-FORGOTTEN-WORLDS-AVENUE-PAD-3-Brand-New-/220648380707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0
Wanted:

Digi.k

that Moto Roader II has some awesome title music track!  shame I didn't think the rest of the music was quite up to scratch..

finally purchased the Castlevania Harmony of Despair game.. great in multiplayer.. single player can be a little tough tho..

/IMG_4842.jpg

JapanTokei

Good to see the games arrived safely and in nice condition :)  Did you play BattleLodeRunner & PopMagic yet?  those are fun 2 player games.  I didn't really get to play W-Ring before sending it to ya.

I'm itching for my trip back to the Bay Area so I can pick up the games you sent me!  can't wait...

Turbo - the 3 button pad came in a special box w/Forgotten Worlds released at the JP market only.  It's not too easy to find one with the game and box together complete (the one I traded to Henry was my only one  :cry:).   I think fair price for it, used, is around $75.   

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/20/2010, 10:02 PMTurbo, here's the Forgotten Worlds/Avenue 3 combo.... Think this price is quite high though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-SCD-FORGOTTEN-WORLDS-AVENUE-PAD-3-Brand-New-/220648380707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

henrycsc

LOL, the game I tried first was W-Ring.  I'm enjoying it so far.  Level 2 is like a shooting version of Devil's Crush.  Haven't tried the others yet.

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/21/2010, 03:24 AMGood to see the games arrived safely and in nice condition :)  Did you play BattleLodeRunner & PopMagic yet?  those are fun 2 player games.  I didn't really get to play W-Ring before sending it to ya.

I'm itching for my trip back to the Bay Area so I can pick up the games you sent me!  can't wait...

Turbo - the 3 button pad came in a special box w/Forgotten Worlds released at the JP market only.  It's not too easy to find one with the game and box together complete (the one I traded to Henry was my only one  :cry:).   I think fair price for it, used, is around $75.  

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/20/2010, 10:02 PMTurbo, here's the Forgotten Worlds/Avenue 3 combo.... Think this price is quite high though.
Wanted:

Sparky

wow henry ---> how do you keep your other half from pulling your nuts off with all your buys? :P

I found a Gameboy printer with the paper roll still in it, i have the camera so i am ready to print :P

Also got my Sega Nomad modded!!! has a nice LCD screen in it ( bad shot of the screen) and has been region modded as well all from a local canuck :) hail the maplers!!!

IMG

JapanTokei

Sparky!  that's an awesome Nomad!  And the Gameboy printer is a great find.  Reminds me of the one I found at Hardoff as well this past April, the Pichachu version.  I didn't have the camera so I ended up selling it off for a tiny amount of money on Ebay...

Quote from: guest on 08/21/2010, 08:43 AMwow henry ---> how do you keep your other half from pulling your nuts off with all your buys? :P

I found a Gameboy printer with the paper roll still in it, i have the camera so i am ready to print :P

Also got my Sega Nomad modded!!! has a nice LCD screen in it ( bad shot of the screen) and has been region modded as well all from a local canuck :) hail the maplers!!!

IMG

henrycsc

Sparky, been trying to work through trading where possible, but I still can't pass up a good deal (Rockabilly's Duo RX  :) )

I'm getting close to completing the game collection I want (Down to 13 Shumps left) and some hardware and misc PC Engine games, so I may be turning my trade list into a sale list soon - we shall see.

Gameboy printer?  Interesting device, is it dot matrix? 

Region modded Nomad?  Does that mean you can play all the Canadian titles too?  :)

Quote from: guest on 08/21/2010, 08:43 AMwow henry ---> how do you keep your other half from pulling your nuts off with all your buys? :P
Wanted:

TheClash603

Canadian Nomad titles are the best.  There is a region exclusive copy of Haunting, Starring Polterguy where you must scare the maple syrup out of moose and mounties at a hockey game.

Digi.K, w should play Castlevania sometime.  I am still not that great at it, but I am getting better!

BlueBMW

Picked up a little craigslist find.  A working (sorta) Turbo Express for $50 with alien crush.  Missing the battery cover, and needs the sound fix, but otherwise perfectly working!  Here's a pic next to my semi - broken hackspress...

/turboexpress.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/21/2010, 11:41 AMCanadian Nomad titles are the best.  There is a region exclusive copy of Haunting, Starring Polterguy where you must scare the maple syrup out of moose and mounties at a hockey game.
MUAHAHAA.. I demand a Video!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbogrfxfan

JoshTurboTrollX

Ran out to gamez store-
TMNT Genesis Loose 1.99
Castlevania Bloodlines Genesis Loose 1.99
Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Complete and amazing condition) 4.99

not too shab
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dalder

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/21/2010, 11:41 AMCanadian Nomad titles are the best.  There is a region exclusive copy of Haunting, Starring Polterguy where you must scare the maple syrup out of moose and mounties at a hockey game.

Hi there Clash are you kidding about this ??? where can we see the proof of that version ? I am very interested in buying that version if it is available thanks.

Mathius

Castlevania Chronicles for the PS1, and Symphony of the Night (GH). I am so glad I finally get to play this lost treasure. I will probably never own a X68000 so this is a great alternative. I just wish that more games would get released for this ultra rare Japanese computer on compilations.

Tatsujin

yeah, two true gems :)

have fun^^

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/25/2010, 11:55 PMyeah, two true gems :)

have fun^^
I have had SOTN for a few years on XBOX Live, but the D-Pad on the 360 controller is less than adequate, so I picked up the original (which I should have done long ago). The only negative thing that I can honestly say about SOTN is in the Inverted Castle they use the same music track for most of the castle sections. I would've just settled for the same music as in the first castle instead of hearing one new song over and over again. It actually bothered me so bad that I had to walk away from the game for a few days. Which would obviously say to you that I didn't buy these games today. They are just my latest purchases. :wink:

RoyVegas

Got the keys to my new house today.   :P

/House.jpg
All is well. :)

Tatsujin

guyjin

NecroPhile

Thanks; now I know where to mail the anthrax.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2010, 09:43 AMThanks; now I know where to mail the anthrax.
I've already had the vaccine.  http://www.anthrax.osd.mil/   :dance:

Note:  Don't take this series of shots, it hurts like a bitch!
All is well. :)

BlackandBlue

My Ys Seven arrived earlier this week and then today my Jaguar with the CD unit and a few games showed up.  I cleaned the Jag up a bit after I took the pic.  What a ridiculous controller that thing came with.  Almost as big as the system.

IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Mathius

Nice B&B! I had a Jag when I was a teenager and my fave two games for it was Tempest 2000 and Wolfenstein 3D. I never did buy (or even see) a Jag CD. Does the CD-ROM unit work? Going by the AVGN's review of the Jag there seems to be a lot of problems with them.

TR0N

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 08/26/2010, 10:35 PMMy Ys Seven arrived earlier this week and then today my Jaguar with the CD unit and a few games showed up.  I cleaned the Jag up a bit after I took the pic.  What a ridiculous controller that thing came with.  Almost as big as the system.

IMG
Does the jagcd work !? I've heard they have a bad failure rate beside being pricey.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlackandBlue

Yeah, thankfully this one works.  It wouldnt play games through the pass-thru (cartridge), but after a good cleaning it booted right up.  Now to get Raiden!  The only cart I have atm is Cybermorph and it is pretty much the horriblest game I've ever played.  I got a pretty decent deal on it, so Im happy.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Mathius

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 08/26/2010, 10:58 PMYeah, thankfully this one works.  It wouldnt play games through the pass-thru (cartridge), but after a good cleaning it booted right up.  Now to get Raiden!  The only cart I have atm is Cybermorph and it is pretty much the horriblest game I've ever played.  I got a pretty decent deal on it, so Im happy.
I had Raiden for the Jag BITD! My dumb-ass sold off most of my collection! ](*,)

Tatsujin

it is also called: RAIDEN FRAUD!

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/26/2010, 11:40 PMit is also called: RAIDEN FRAUD!
Oh, trust me Tats. If I can find someone who will sell me their copy of Raiden for the Turbo I will rest assured that I have the best version available....except for the FM Towns Marty version. :wink: I'd love to get me one of them!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 08/27/2010, 12:02 AM
Oh, trust me Tats. If I can find someone who will sell me their copy of Raiden for the Turbo I will rest assured that I have the best version available....except for the FM Towns Marty version. :wink: I'd love to get me one of them!
And the PSone Raiden Project, which is literally 1:1 arcade, and even contains Raiden II :)

but if I'm honest, the PCE raiden has the best controlls. it is smoother than the arcade one.

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/27/2010, 12:14 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/27/2010, 12:02 AM
And the PSone Raiden Project, which is literally 1:1 arcade, and even contains Raiden II :)

but if I'm honest, the PCE raiden has the best controlls. it is smoother than the arcade one.
Yeah, I could play an emulated arcade version on a more recent console, but there is just something about seeing what our trusty 8 & 16-Bit workhorses could muster. And you just proved another victory, Tats! Raiden's controls are smoother on our beloved PCE!  =D&gt; God, I love this hobby.

Joe Redifer

Raiden Project is awesome.  I love how it saves my high scores.  The Turbo is not powerful enough to save high scores, that amazing technology hadn't been invented yet.

Tatsujin

BlackandBlue

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/27/2010, 09:21 AMhttp://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/w/catalog/detail.jsp?JAN_CODE=4974019650180

:)
Nice TV.  Is that the one with the LEDs that glow against the wall behind it?  I can't remember if the Aquos series still do that.  I bought some LED strips from Ikea to get that effect.

nectarsis

/7d6c1da1-1.jpg

Colossus1574

Nectarsis: Love the Stephen Chow dude!!!  btw, Dragon Dynasty does a REALLY good job on their portovers from HongKong. They don't edit them, they include the same extras the asian release has, they include original plus dubbed language. Plus they got commentary from Ben Logan who knows a shitload of tidbits about the asian film industry. I must own like 7 or 8 DDynasty releases! I HIGHLY recommend WarZone and Flashpoint if you're into the serious martial arts, no comedy all business  :evil:

Opethian

IMG
Got some MVS games with shockboxes.
IMG

BlackandBlue

Quote from: Opethian on 08/28/2010, 06:09 PMGot some MVS games with shockboxes.
I like how Raiden Project snuck in there :)