OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

Yea if I only had a Raiden DX on PSX it would not be so lonely...
IMG

Smashed Brother

My stuff for the month...

IMG

I also bought some other stuff to fill some odds and ends, but nothing worth talking about!
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 08/29/2010, 12:48 AMMy stuff for the month...

IMG

I also bought some other stuff to fill some odds and ends, but nothing worth talking about!
bomberman 94 and ffs are awesome games!! they all are good games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Tatsujin

Just out of pure curiousness, but WTF happened to that Galaga '88? did the preowner hoard rats in his flat, or sumthing?

btw. some real true gems in there. bravo =D&gt;
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Smashed Brother

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/29/2010, 12:51 AMJust out of pure curiousness, but WTF happened to that Galaga '88? did the preowner hoard rats in his flat, or sumthing?

Damn rats and their ravenous hunger for hucards!  Lol, actually it's just the strands on the rug overlapping the game!  No worry, it's fully intact!

turbogrfxfan

Tatsujin

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 08/29/2010, 12:55 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/29/2010, 12:51 AMJust out of pure curiousness, but WTF happened to that Galaga '88? did the preowner hoard rats in his flat, or sumthing?

Damn rats and their ravenous hunger for hucards!  Lol, actually it's just the strands on the rug overlapping the game!  No worry, it's fully intact!
HAHAHA, now I can see it :lol: frowsy picture quality.

nectarsis

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 08/28/2010, 02:02 AMNectarsis: Love the Stephen Chow dude!!!  btw, Dragon Dynasty does a REALLY good job on their portovers from HongKong. They don't edit them, they include the same extras the asian release has, they include original plus dubbed language. Plus they got commentary from Ben Logan who knows a shitload of tidbits about the asian film industry. I must own like 7 or 8 DDynasty releases! I HIGHLY recommend WarZone and Flashpoint if you're into the serious martial arts, no comedy all business  :evil:
I have prob 30+ Dragon Dynasty movies, and yeah they're pretty solid as a whole (AVOID the first 3-5 Blurays, they are a MESS).  Bey Logan has left DD, but will pop up here and there freelance style.  Newer DD releases have had fewer/no extras, seems to be a growing trend.  Have Flashpoint, never heard of/seen WarZone.  Anothe solid company is/was MediaBlasters.  Snap up their stuff while you can as wors on the street is they're closing shop..already canceled 2 releases right before streetdate.  :|
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

here le new TV after installment etc :)

/aquos.png

henrycsc

Awesome collection Smashed...  PC Denjin and Shubibinman 3 are two of my personal favorites.  Congrats!

IMG

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Smashed Brother

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/29/2010, 11:35 AMAwesome collection Smashed...  PC Denjin and Shubibinman 3 are two of my personal favorites.  Congrats!
Hey, thanks!  PC Denjin is amazing...I beat it within the 1st week of buying it :)  I'm still trying to find some time to squeeze in all of the other titles!

Opethian

L-DIS that game is awesome!! gets pretty crazy near the end.
IMG

Colossus1574

IMG

Fatal Fury 2 Special: HANDS DOWN the best 1 on 1 fighting game on the PCE!!! Yes, even better then SF2:Champ IMO. More fighters, desperation super moves, CD music, and MAI SHIRANUI 'nuff said  =P~

curious, what's the game between Zonk & DoubleDragon?

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 08/29/2010, 02:20 PM

IMG

Fatal Fury 2 Special: HANDS DOWN the best 1 on 1 fighting game on the PCE!!! Yes, even better then SF2:Champ IMO. More fighters, desperation super moves, CD music, and MAI SHIRANUI 'nuff said  =P~

curious, what's the game between Zonk & DoubleDragon?
l-dis  its a shooter

Colossus1574

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/29/2010, 01:11 AMI have prob 30+ Dragon Dynasty movies, and yeah they're pretty solid as a whole (AVOID the first 3-5 Blurays, they are a MESS).  Bey Logan has left DD, but will pop up here and there freelance style.  Newer DD releases have had fewer/no extras, seems to be a growing trend.  Have Flashpoint, never heard of/seen WarZone.  Anothe solid company is/was MediaBlasters.  Snap up their stuff while you can as wors on the street is they're closing shop..already canceled 2 releases right before streetdate.  :|
Bad Blurays... define mess? shitty transfers? Well, they're newer releases seem to be the old Shaw Bros. stuff right? I don't think they can dig up much extras for those oldies.  Warzone has a better story then Flashpoint IMO, Warzone came out 1st but because of how it ended for Detective Ma...they had to continue in the way of a prequel hence Flashpoint. The final fight between DonnieYen and SammoHung is THE BOMB!!! Add in SimonYam and u got some great dramatic acting as well, I recommend!  Too bad to hear about Logan tho  :(

Smashed Brother

Warzone?  Are you guys talking about 'Killzone', or 'SPL'?

nectarsis

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 08/29/2010, 11:12 PMWarzone?  Are you guys talking about 'Killzone', or 'SPL'?
Looking around I think that's what he means lol.  As for the Blurays, yeah botched transfers.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Colossus1574

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 08/29/2010, 11:12 PMWarzone?  Are you guys talking about 'Killzone', or 'SPL'?
Sorry, yes, chinese name would be SPL, Killzone in North America  #-o

Frank_fjs

Define torture: My CD-ROM2 unit has arrived and I have no CD games to play! #-o

IMG

It works at least, tested it with an audio CD and it plays and skips tracks fine. Worked on its own and through my (still beeping) interface unit. Replacement interface unit should arrive this week, so that should sort the beeping out once and for all.

Got some CD games in the air, just have to wait for them to arrive.

Mathius

You have an Arcade Card too! You're good to go. :)

Frank_fjs

Yep, pity I don't have any CD games though. :(

I'm not going to risk playing burnt media, don't want the thing locking up on me and these things are notorious for breaking down so I definitely don't want to push my luck.

I'm just glad that it works, well it plays audio CD's just fine and that has to be a good sign. I'm going to grease up the gears with ceramic grease & hopefully I get my monies worth out of the CD unit.

Mathius

Honestly, I think the Briefcase unit is one sexy beast! I envy you. :wink:

Colossus1574

Quote from: Mathius on 08/30/2010, 01:38 AMHonestly, I think the Briefcase unit is one sexy beast! I envy you. :wink:
dude, back in the day my friends would always love how i bring it over and i'd be carrying it around using the handy dandy suitcase handle on the back! it's not only sexy, it MAKES YOU SEXY! Hahah  :dance:

Frank: when u get the games, make sure you bring them here for "show & tell!"

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 08/30/2010, 01:38 AMHonestly, I think the Briefcase unit is one sexy beast! I envy you. :wink:
It is the sexiest game system alive of eva! there is nothing just near comparable to that combo. it could be considered as plain PERFECT!

Colossus1574

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/30/2010, 03:01 AM
It is the sexiest game system alive of eva! there is nothing just near comparable to that combo. it could be considered as plain PERFECT!
yep, whereas a similar setup like the Genesis w/CD (top load or front tray models) + 32x looks sooooo bulky and kind of a monstrosity....

Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

That depends on what you are comparing.  The PCECD compared to a Mega Drive with a 32X attached?  Yeah, PCE wins.  ShuttleGrafx compared to a CDX?  Gonna have to go with the Sega on that one.

Frank_fjs

I do have other bits & pieces, no CD games yet unfortunately but I have 8 on the way.

I'm from Australia and am fortunate enough to have a friend in Japan who buys PC Engine stuff dirt cheap from Japanese gaming shops and ships it over to me, at my expense of course. Works out so much cheaper than buying crap on eBay. It's really sad how inflated eBay prices are, I pay no more than $6 AU per game shipped straight from Japan (and that's with a nice profit going to my friend), eBay charges 3 x that much.

Retro gaming shouldn't be so expensive, and that sucks as I reckon more people would get into it if it weren't. Then again, more people = more demand = scarcer products = higher prices; maybe it's a good thing that retro gaming is such a small niche.

For example, I really want to get my hands on a Neo Geo home console, I can't do that for much less than $300. That's ridiculous for a 20 year old piece of hardware which didn't cost that much more than that upon release. It's not like they're rare either, they must have had a production run into the millions and I always see at least 10 per month advertised on eBay.

Anyhoo, here's some other PC Engine gear I've got my hands on.

This is a lot of games I got off my friend in Japan, $30 AU shipped for 6 cd games and 1 HuCard game:
IMG

IMG

This was an eBay purchase:
IMG

This stuff game from Hit-Japan:
IMG

Brand new muiltitap from Genki:
IMG

And one of my favourites, a mint copy of SFII, from one of the few good eBay sellers:
IMG

Got some more stuff coming from eBay and Game of Japan, just waiting for it to arrive.

Opethian

What
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/30/2010, 04:50 AMThat depends on what you are comparing.  The PCECD compared to a Mega Drive with a 32X attached?  Yeah, PCE wins.  ShuttleGrafx compared to a CDX?  Gonna have to go with the Sega on that one.
What in tarnations is a ShuttleGrafx?
IMG

JapanTokei

I think he meant the SGXVacume-SCD-beast :)
that or the SGX-RAU-IFU beasty
----
I love the PCE Briefcase too.  sexiest console ever made

Quote from: Opethian on 08/30/2010, 07:36 AMWhat
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/30/2010, 04:50 AMThat depends on what you are comparing.  The PCECD compared to a Mega Drive with a 32X attached?  Yeah, PCE wins.  ShuttleGrafx compared to a CDX?  Gonna have to go with the Sega on that one.
What in tarnations is a ShuttleGrafx?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Opethian on 08/30/2010, 07:36 AMWhat in tarnations is a ShuttleGrafx?
I'm guessing Joe meant the PCE Shuttle.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 08/30/2010, 06:58 AMI do have other bits & pieces, no CD games yet unfortunately but I have 8 on the way.

I'm from Australia and am fortunate enough to have a friend in Japan who buys PC Engine stuff dirt cheap from Japanese gaming shops and ships it over to me, at my expense of course. Works out so much cheaper than buying crap on eBay. It's really sad how inflated eBay prices are, I pay no more than $6 AU per game shipped straight from Japan (and that's with a nice profit going to my friend), eBay charges 3 x that much.

Retro gaming shouldn't be so expensive, and that sucks as I reckon more people would get into it if it weren't. Then again, more people = more demand = scarcer products = higher prices; maybe it's a good thing that retro gaming is such a small niche.

For example, I really want to get my hands on a Neo Geo home console, I can't do that for much less than $300. That's ridiculous for a 20 year old piece of hardware which didn't cost that much more than that upon release. It's not like they're rare either, they must have had a production run into the millions and I always see at least 10 per month advertised on eBay.

This is a lot of games I got off my friend in Japan, $30 AU shipped for 6 cd games and 1 HuCard game:
IMG

IMG

This was an eBay purchase:
IMG

This stuff game from Hit-Japan:
IMG

Brand new muiltitap from Genki:
IMG

And one of my favourites, a mint copy of SFII, from one of the few good eBay sellers:
IMG

Got some more stuff coming from eBay and Game of Japan, just waiting for it to arrive.
man good for you that you have that connect!!! those games for me are ok at best though.  Im sure you would have to pay more loot for better games.  but either way,  its awesome that your friend is hookin you up

BlueBMW

I got in a big haul from Rockabilly here on the site...

One could say my cherry has been popped as this is my FIRST PC Engine...

/pcengine.jpg

And, as if that weren't enough to keep me busy for months... I won one of JapanTokei's auctions for these little jewels....

IMG
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sparky

nice Bluebmw!!! i was strictly US for awhile but then excepted the ways of the lightside.... you just opened yourself up to all kinds of goodness... congrats

turbogrfxfan

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Opethian on 08/30/2010, 05:55 PMIMG
supergun get!
Nice! I have to get me one of those. I use a video encoder & an arcade power supply atm to play arcade boards, but I want to have a more compact setup.

IMG

^ These things are great.

Colossus1574

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 08/30/2010, 06:58 AMI do have other bits & pieces, no CD games yet unfortunately but I have 8 on the way.

IMG

Arghs.....although Art of Fighting is a great port of the arcade version....the original was barely a decent game compared to AOF2.  Do yourself a favor and lockdown a copy of Fatal Fury 2: Special and World Heroes 2 !!! It's the reason why u have an Arcade card my friend  :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 08/30/2010, 11:14 PMIt's the reason why u have an Arcade card my friend  :mrgreen:
I believe that should be ginga fukei densetsu sapphire. not? ;)

Frank_fjs

Funny you should mention that, I actually have Fatal Fury 2 & Fatal Fury Special on order from Hit-Japan. They were despatched last Thursday so I hope they hurry up and get here so I can finally play my CD unit.

It's so hard to resist the temptation of trying a burnt disc, I've decided to be patient and not take any chances.

Opethian

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 08/30/2010, 09:26 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 08/30/2010, 05:55 PMIMG
supergun get!
It is nice you have one that outputs component.

Nice! I have to get me one of those. I use a video encoder & an arcade power supply atm to play arcade boards, but I want to have a more compact setup.

IMG

^ These things are great.
IMG

Frank_fjs

It actually doesn't output component, it accepts it as an input and outputs to VGA.

Opethian

IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 08/31/2010, 12:34 AMIt actually doesn't output component, it accepts it as an input and outputs to VGA.
I need the opposite of that. analoge VGA in and lowres 15Khz S-Video out. does someone have such a thing? :)

Tatsujin

looks like the right thing :)

thx. have to find an other purchase route.

_Paul

JoshTurboTrollX

Contra Hard Corps -Genny
Rock n' Roll Racing- Genny

steals for $2.80 each at thrift shoppe
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

IMG