The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Shit!  Don't see those too tremendously often.  Nice!

Tatsujin

The first 1-slut was a beast!!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sparky

here we go... i got something i have been after... well the manual that is so i bought the game as well and helped a guy in a very small way who lost it all in those nashville floods :(..... thanks to jboy for hooking me up with this guy over on atariage :)

IMG

Frank_fjs

Nothing exciting today, only got these as they were really cheap and I needed some games to test my CD unit - it works!

IMG

Hey Opethian, SNAP! I love my Neo Geo, want to get the home system one day but the price of the console and games is very off-putting.

IMG

It's hard to see from your pic, it looks like it has already been removed, but if not, do yourself a favour and remove the battery! They are notorious for leaking, replace it with a supercap.

Here's another arcade PCB I bought recently, won it off eBay for $1 - it was listed as non-working. Took 2 minutes to fix up, only needed a new RAM chip and a quick solder fix on the audio chip.

Shadow Warriors (you guys probably know it as Ninja Gaiden):

IMG

Joe Redifer

IMG

I can't make it out of the first town in Ys 7.  That's how much I suck.  Who am I supposed to talk to so I can gets out of there?

nectarsis

Talk to the flower girl in the main "town square".  Leave & re-enter.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

nectarsis

I couldn't resist for $22 new

/ba686d9b.jpg

had to re upload  #-o

/2351a2a0-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

how is the PSP version of lunar? I sorta miss that game on PS1
IMG
IMG
today's haul: DoDonPachi and Sexy Parodius
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/02/2010, 12:48 AMIMG

I can't make it out of the first town in Ys 7.  That's how much I suck.  Who am I supposed to talk to so I can gets out of there?
hows Ys7?
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Joe Redifer

So far I am really enjoying it.  I wish I had more time to play.

Smashed Brother

Had this waiting for me in the mail...

IMG

Only $30 on the 'bay!  I love the original PC Denjin/Air Zonk, so this was an easy choice.  The way it plays though is a bit....different than it's predecessor.  Different can be good though; sometimes.
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

JapanTokei

yea its different.  i had both versions but decided the Huey was the keeper in the end.... kinda like Rtype huey vs. CD

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 09/03/2010, 06:31 PMHad this waiting for me in the mail...

IMG

Only $30 on the 'bay!  I love the original PC Denjin/Air Zonk, so this was an easy choice.  The way it plays though is a bit....different than it's predecessor.  Different can be good though; sometimes.

JapanTokei

I've been way inactive due to work, since I'm on, I guess I'll post what "I have bought" instead of just today ... :)

IMG
IMG
IMG

Opethian

IMG

Joe Redifer

I have to admit I have never seen the PCE CD-ROM with the case cover EVER until now.  I guess everyone else just loses them or something.  I wonder if it is more r@re than Sapphire. NO clue what half of those games are since I cannot read Japanese.  I do know the 3rd from the left is Dracula X.

JoshTurboTrollX

Just picked up DEII, Dungeon Master TQ, and Ys III off the bay for what I would consider great prices.

DEII and DM were off Hitjapan, and after combined shipping were only- 27.50,  Ys was off another seller for 16 shipped.

:D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

IMG

henrycsc

Awesome Opethian... you're getting your briefcase!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Opethian

I got it today. The top cover is a bit beat up but the CDROM and PCE are pretty damn clean. got a System Card 3 and an Arcade Card PRO.
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Opethian on 09/04/2010, 06:25 PMI got it today. The top cover is a bit beat up but the CDROM and PCE are pretty damn clean. got a System Card 3 and an Arcade Card PRO.
damn I want that so bad!!!!

JapanTokei

Congrat OPE.  The Brieftcase is the the sexiest design of all PCE Items imo.  Still on my list is to get a LT and dock it to the briefcase as the final frontier... albeit an expensive one.. damn.

TR0N

/100_0074.png
/Yscomplete.png
/hypero.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Tatsujin

The lil is testing the DUO :)

/lolduo2.jpg

sure its more like  :P

/lolduo1.jpg

Sparky

turbogrfxfan

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

Colossus1574

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/05/2010, 09:50 AMThe lil is testing the DUO :)

/lolduo2.jpg
HAHAH, LOL, that's toooo cute!  For beginners', may i suggest he stick with the BLUE weapon? Green is for expert level pilots  :D

Joe Red: correctdamondo, that's Twin Cobra!  I've been trying so hard to beat that thing the last few days...anybody know if stage10 is final level? I managed to get to the boss....

Frank_fjs

IMG

IMG

A brand new boxed & complete Asian (not Japanese, I think these were distributed in Hong Kong/Philippines etc) Sega Mega Drive II. It's a PAL console with 240v adapter which suits me fine being in Australia. I'm going to buy a Japanese Mega Drive 1 for import games.

For the price it just seemed the best way to go. Second hand they still go for around $60 on eBay and usually they're a little beat up, scratched, missing cables or bundled with cheap 3rd party controllers etc. I got this for $80AU landed (dived in when the exchange rate was good). It's brand new so I get that new car smell feeling and the joy of opening it up. Also, being new it should last a lot longer than any 2nd hand Mega Drive.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/05/2010, 09:46 PMTwin Cobra I think.
Because it is only one cobra which can fight the evil at once, I think it is more kyuukyoku tiger :D

turbogrfxfan

got my areo blasters today.  such a cool game

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/07/2010, 09:52 PMgot my areo blasters today.  such a cool game
Envy....!  I still need a copy of that awesome little gem of a shooter :D

henrycsc

Yes, one of the best.... congrats Turbo!

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/07/2010, 09:55 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/07/2010, 09:52 PMgot my areo blasters today.  such a cool game
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

TheClash603

Quote from: henrycsc on 09/07/2010, 11:25 PMYes, one of the best.... congrats Turbo!

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/07/2010, 09:55 PM
I love the TG16, but I wish there were more 2-player shmups.  That is why Aero Blasters is awesome.

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/08/2010, 12:05 AMI love the TG16, but I wish there were more 2-player shmups.  That is why Aero Blasters is awesome.
There's never enough, but there's 4.5 other 2-player TG shmups and about 2 dozen for PCE.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

Some gaming goodies came in today!  One was a purchase based on a recommendation from someone here, and the other was some gaming goodies from Japan (well JapanTokei, and was actually shipped from China...)

$1800 for Magical Chase?!  Bah!  I just want to play it!  This loosey copy was MUCH cheaper!  And now I actually have some schmups for the PC engine!

/Video%20Game%20Stuff/gamegoodies.jpg

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/08/2010, 07:28 PMSome gaming goodies came in today!  One was a purchase based on a recommendation from someone here, and the other was some gaming goodies from Japan (well JapanTokei, and was actually shipped from China...)

$1800 for Magical Chase?!  Bah!  I just want to play it!  This loosey copy was MUCH cheaper!  And now I actually have some schmups for the PC engine!

/gamegoodies.jpg
how many magicol chases do you have!!!!!  Man I still gotta get me the super star solider!!  good haul

BlueBMW

Just the one magical chase!  I think i posted that when I won the auction cuz i was excited!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/08/2010, 08:11 PMJust the one magical chase!  I think i posted that when I won the auction cuz i was excited!
lol oooooooooooooo  I do thae same thing:P

SuperDeadite

Found the Akumajou Dracula Best Music Collections Box for cheap.
18 CDs of Castlevania music (+ a DVD)  :D

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2010, 10:12 AMFound the Akumajou Dracula Best Music Collections Box for cheap.

IMG
OMG!!  that is F'n fantastic!!  I would eat worms to listen to all that castlevania tunage!!

WOW O_O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hoobs88

:shock: I didn't even know that existed!  =P~
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Opethian

That is one sexy set Deadite!
IMG
Here is what I snagged today :D
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2010, 10:12 AMFound the Akumajou Dracula Best Music Collections Box for cheap.

IMG
that is so awesmome !!!!!!!1  good for you!!

BlueBMW

Got a non-functioning Duo in today.  All I can say is ZOMG this thing is mint!  Its a real shame it has stopped working!  This guy included EVERYTHING with it.  All the manuals, the 3in1 plus manuals, the turbo force magazine, a letter he got from NEC with coupon books and stickers!  All the baggies and zip ties, all styrofoam!  The controller even still has the film over the face of it!  He even had his receipt from when he bought it...  Looks like he paid $250 for it in Feb of 2000 from Telegames USA?   I feel so bad that the poor thing doesn't work!  Hopefully I can repair it, its just such a mint condition unit I hate to see it failed!  Production date on it is Jan 93. According to the guy I bought it from the system was used a total of maybe 30 hours since new...  crazy!

Oh and the letter he got from NEC with the coupon books etc, the postmark was May 29, 1990.  Pretty darn cool!

Update:  The system is fully functional.... :(  Looks like it was a bad A/V cable.... so now the moral dilemma since I basically gave $70 for it...

Update 2: Found one problem with it after some use... the left audio channel is noticeably quieter than the right on cd audio.  Guess a few caps are in order.

/Duo2.jpg

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/09/2010, 08:46 PMUpdate:  The system is fully functional.... :(  Looks like it was a bad A/V cable.... so now the moral dilemma since I basically gave $70 for it...
Holy crap! I want to laugh...wait...I am already laughing. I feel bad for the guy. I'm not sure how I would go about that. If it was just an A/V cord it seems like he didn't care enough to troubleshoot. It's obviously up to you how you want to handle it, though.

Anyway, nice system! I love all the nostalgic goodies! :D
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Colossus1574

Opethian: sir, that is one wicked collection of shooters! I think the newest TF i have is part V for ps1... I think you'll be seeing bullets in your sleep for the next little while!  :twisted:

BlueBMW: it's unreal that AV cords would break down for no reason after 30hours gametime....there's no cuts or anything on them ? Unless he contantly folded or rolled those cords...that's weird. But damn, that's one MINT beauty  8)