The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 09/10/2010, 03:56 AMBlueBMW: it's unreal that AV cords would break down for no reason after 30hours gametime....there's no cuts or anything on them ? Unless he contantly folded or rolled those cords...that's weird. But damn, that's one MINT beauty  8)
None that I can see, but when I connect with it, the video would come in and out as I manipulated the cable (on the RCA jack side, not the DUO side)  It felt like something was not quite right inside the cable.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

henrycsc

That's an awesome set beamer!!!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Tatsujin

DAMN OPE, congrats on the daisakusen :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sparky

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/09/2010, 11:03 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/09/2010, 08:46 PMUpdate:  The system is fully functional.... :(  Looks like it was a bad A/V cable.... so now the moral dilemma since I basically gave $70 for it...
Holy crap! I want to laugh...wait...I am already laughing. I feel bad for the guy. I'm not sure how I would go about that. If it was just an A/V cord it seems like he didn't care enough to troubleshoot. It's obviously up to you how you want to handle it, though.

Anyway, nice system! I
 love all the nostalgic goodies! :D
ya very nice Bluebeamer!!! put some hours on it first before you make a call on what to do :) could be some fuckery after some hours of play.

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2010, 01:11 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/09/2010, 08:46 PMUpdate:  The system is fully functional.... :(  Looks like it was a bad A/V cable.... so now the moral dilemma since I basically gave $70 for it...
ya very nice Bluebeamer!!! put some hours on it first before you make a call on what to do :) could be some fuckery after some hours of play.
I logged about 2 hours of LoT last night.  Only fuckery was the sound issue.  Ill be correcting that tonight.  I know i'll never find another system like this again so i guess i had better keep it.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

turbogrfxfan

thats awesome blue good for you!

BlueBMW

Opethian

IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Opethian on 09/11/2010, 08:11 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/11/2010, 07:32 PMhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360297403350&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT.  pretty good deal i think.  ?
Did you win that? would you sell one of the VMUs? hehe
I dont sell but ill trade for a game

CGQuarterly

I just bought a 64 Mb flash card by Neo for my TG16, and it arrived yesterday.  $80 shipped from someone on AtariAge.  I freaking love this thing.  I haven't stopped playing PCE games since I got it.

Chris

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 09/12/2010, 12:14 AMI just bought a 64 Mb flash card by Neo for my TG16, and it arrived yesterday.  $80 shipped from someone on AtariAge.  I freaking love this thing.  I haven't stopped playing PCE games since I got it.

Chris
Sweet. I have always wanted one of those.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

JapanTokei

What is it?  are you able to play ROMs on the hardware with this or what?  show some pics :)

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 09/12/2010, 12:14 AMI just bought a 64 Mb flash card by Neo for my TG16, and it arrived yesterday.  $80 shipped from someone on AtariAge.  I freaking love this thing.  I haven't stopped playing PCE games since I got it.

Chris

JapanTokei

BMW!  You better give that MC a good home!  :)

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/08/2010, 07:28 PMSome gaming goodies came in today!  One was a purchase based on a recommendation from someone here, and the other was some gaming goodies from Japan (well JapanTokei, and was actually shipped from China...)

$1800 for Magical Chase?!  Bah!  I just want to play it!  This loosey copy was MUCH cheaper!  And now I actually have some schmups for the PC engine!

/gamegoodies.jpg

BlueBMW

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/12/2010, 02:43 PMBMW!  You better give that MC a good home!  :)
It has found its way into a nice sparky labeled case, and when its not in there its settled nicely into the slot on the PC engine :P

CGQuarterly

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/12/2010, 02:38 PMWhat is it?  are you able to play ROMs on the hardware with this or what?  show some pics :)

Chris
IMG
IMG
IMG

On a US TG16 or TurboDuo, you can play any US or Japanese TG16/PCE ROM.  If you have a Japanese system, you would, I believe, have to patch US game ROMs to work, since it has that region-check deal built in.  You just plug the card into that USB slimloader and load ROMs onto it.  This one is 64 Mb (megabit, not megabyte), but they now make a 128 Mb version.  This one holds about 10 games, depending on their size, which is enough for me considering the ease with which you can add and remove games.  I downloaded a cooler looking menu for it, but haven't put it on the card yet.  I can post a new pic once I do, if anyone is actually interested.

Here's a link to the site for the current product:

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=107&cat=0&page=1

Chris

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 09/13/2010, 12:52 AMI downloaded a cooler looking menu for it, but haven't put it on the card yet.  I can post a new pic once I do, if anyone is actually interested.
Please do; I'm interested.  :)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Wow! That thing is pretty cool! I just worry that if I would buy something like that it would kill my love of importing the actual games?

CGQuarterly

Quote from: Mathius on 09/13/2010, 12:58 PMWow! That thing is pretty cool! I just worry that if I would buy something like that it would kill my love of importing the actual games?
On the contrary, I think that things like this just helps you sort out which games you actually want to buy.  It's not like I am going to get rid of any of my TG16 games now that I have this.  I didn't (and still don't) have a way to play PCE games at the moment, but I would still like to grab a cheap-o PC Engine down the line so that I can play the real games.  Certainly though, for some people flash carts will replace actual games.  But I am both a gamer and a collector, so I still want to have the real thing.

Chris

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 09/13/2010, 01:52 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/13/2010, 12:58 PMWow! That thing is pretty cool! I just worry that if I would buy something like that it would kill my love of importing the actual games?
On the contrary, I think that things like this just helps you sort out which games you actually want to buy.  It's not like I am going to get rid of any of my TG16 games now that I have this.  I didn't (and still don't) have a way to play PCE games at the moment, but I would still like to grab a cheap-o PC Engine down the line so that I can play the real games.  Certainly though, for some people flash carts will replace actual games.  But I am both a gamer and a collector, so I still want to have the real thing.

Chris
i think its pretty cool and I agree and feel there is no way it would steer me away from getting the original games.  How lame would a person be if all they had was roms?  get a wii or something.  this imo is a great thing to dump a coulpe games on try em out then buy or just have fun

Digi.k

not a huge halo fan and haven't bothered playing 1 and 2.. but enjoyed 3 and had to get this..

picked up at 0.42am in the city streets midnight launch... Halo reach legendary edition

yea i know poor webcam pic

/Picture127.jpg

Sparky

EDIT: Jibbajaba that flash card looks tight... gimmie!!

For me I finally got my boat load of minty manuals and hucard sleeves from a guy over on nintendoage and a fellow mapler as well!!! he also throw in this PCE game... for freeeeze :)

also picked up a ps3 game at eb and a couple ps1 games at value village... was happy as hell to get Tomba 2!!!

IMG

IMG

Opethian

sparky! Star Parojiya! nice haul
IMG

Joe Redifer

IMG

$9.95 at K-Mart.  It is fun to see a different take on Dracula X by less competent artists.

Mathius

You know, I have never even seen a copy of Dracula X for the PSP in the wild. Finding it at a K-Mart just makes it even weirder. :-k Let us know what you think of the game, Joe. I don't have a PSP but Dracula X may persuade me to get one.

Opethian

Mathius: its worth it alone for SOTN and Drac X is a bonus!
IMG

Joe Redifer

I wouldn't get a PSP just for this game, but I got one for Ys Se7en.

Mathius

Joe Redifer

And it's only $29, your choice of physical UMD disc or download only (I always go for physical releases whenever I can).

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/14/2010, 09:09 PMAnd it's only $29, your choice of physical UMD disc or download only (I always go for physical releases whenever I can).
Me too

TheClash603

Bought a mint CIB Virtual Boy lot, including A/C adapter CIB, and system CIB with all original wrapping, and all 14 games CIB (including the for display only Mario Tennis box), and Japanese V-Tetris.

It is awesome.  3DS, 3schmeDS.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/15/2010, 12:38 AMBought a mint CIB Virtual Boy lot, including A/C adapter CIB, and system CIB with all original wrapping, and all 14 games CIB (including the for display only Mario Tennis box), and Japanese V-Tetris.

What's your addy? I'll send you some Excedrin. :) Seriously though....AH, MY EYES!

I never had one of these, though I did try one when at a store BITD. It was fun for about 5 minutes until the headaches kicked in. Hope you can enjoy it.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 09/14/2010, 07:24 PMOhh I forgot about Ys 7!
Don't forget valkyrie chronicles 2 as well and i've heard part 3 is coming to the psp as well.

Damn i need one still....
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 09/15/2010, 12:42 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/15/2010, 12:38 AMBought a mint CIB Virtual Boy lot, including A/C adapter CIB, and system CIB with all original wrapping, and all 14 games CIB (including the for display only Mario Tennis box), and Japanese V-Tetris.

What's your addy? I'll send you some Excedrin. :) Seriously though....AH, MY EYES!

I never had one of these, though I did try one when at a store BITD. It was fun for about 5 minutes until the headaches kicked in. Hope you can enjoy it.
I played about 30 minutes with no headache.  From what I gather, it is pretty much luck of the draw if you go blind from the thing or not.

SuperDeadite

Yeah it depends on your eyes really.  Wario is probably the best game on the system, but Insmouse no Yakata is my favorite.  Wonderful little game if you can get one, brutally hard game though.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

nectarsis

Helgeson strikes again.  After playing the first 2 levels...MAN what a glitchy/slow moving/slow loading mess this game is.  :lol: :lol:

/e1649299.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

henrycsc

The poster came today (I'll post details in that thread), as did some other items.   :twisted:

Got some complete pce games:
/p9150582.jpg

And a loosie:
/p9150583c.jpg

It's kinda special, because it does this:
/p9150585.jpg
Wanted:

Opethian

oi I want Zero Wing and Gunbed hueycardo :(
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: henrycsc on 09/15/2010, 07:25 PMThe poster came today (I'll post details in that thread), as did some other items.   :twisted:

Got some complete pce games:
/p9150582.jpg

And a loosie:
/p9150583c.jpg

It's kinda special, because it does this:
/p9150585.jpg
ahhhh hen you got the poster!!!!!  yes!!!1 hows it look?!?!?!?

BlueBMW

Got in some NICE games from turbogfxfan today!  Didn't have any time to play them yet, hopefully I'll get a few minutes tomorrow for some!  Thanks again turbo!!  Also, this officially gets me to 100 total games for TG/PCE!

/goodgames.jpg

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

Henry: what's on the Hudson Premium Audio Collection disc?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/16/2010, 12:37 AMGot in some NICE games from turbogfxfan today!  Didn't have any time to play them yet, hopefully I'll get a few minutes tomorrow for some!  Thanks again turbo!!  Also, this officially gets me to 100 total games for TG/PCE!

/goodgames.jpg
Holy crap, beamer!!! That is one of the best group of games posted up at once I've ever seen!! You have hours of gaming fun to be had in just those 4 games!!  =D&gt; =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

henrycsc

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2010, 10:52 AMHenry: what's on the Hudson Premium Audio Collection disc?
Catalog Number VGCD-0091 
Here's the track listing (as the seller listed it)
01 Challenger 3:44
02 Star Soldier 4:29
03 Hector '87 3:47
04 Milon's Secret Castle 3:00
05 Hudson Famicom Remix Medley 6:41
06 Super Star Soldier 3:22
07 Final Soldier 2:57
08 Soldier Blade 4:09
09 Hudson PC Engine Arrange Medley 5:59
10 Bomber King Theme 3:34
11 Bomber King Theme (Instrumental ver.) 3:32
Disc length 45:14

Here is teh actual track listing, maybe someone else can confirm/correct the track listing above:

/hudsonpreimiumaudio.jpg

Beamer - Awesome lot you got there!....  Friggin Awesome!

Wanted:

Mathius

@Blue BMW

Good haul! Spriggan is my fav PC Engine shootie. That might change once I finally get to play Sapphire sometime next week. :)

Opethian

henler: Hector '87 theme is legendary! all those tunes are ace!! I'm going to rip that cd!
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 09/16/2010, 07:00 PM@Blue BMW

Good haul! Spriggan is my fav PC Engine shootie. That might change once I finally get to play Sapphire sometime next week. :)
Sapphire might be the next goal, but it requires an Arcade card am I right?  Which would mean I'll need to either mod my US duo for JP or find someone with a Duo-R... who might have one for sale... :P

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/16/2010, 08:37 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/16/2010, 07:00 PM@Blue BMW

Sapphire might be the next goal, but it requires an Arcade card am I right?  Which would mean I'll need to either mod my US duo for JP or find someone with a Duo-R... who might have one for sale... :P
Or you could get a converter. That's what I personally use.

henrycsc

All available BOXED Duo-Rs for sale might be claimed.  :lol:

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/16/2010, 08:37 PMI'll need to either mod my US duo for JP or find someone with a Duo-R... who might have one for sale... :P
Wanted: