The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 09/16/2010, 07:00 PM@Blue BMW

Good haul! Spriggan is my fav PC Engine shootie. That might change once I finally get to play Sapphire sometime next week. :)
That's tough to call, but I'd personally go with Sapphire, myself. Spriggan is awesome - graphics and sound/music are top notch, but I do suggest playing it on difficult. You can pretty much walk through the game on easy.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/16/2010, 11:14 PM

Good haul! Spriggan is my fav PC Engine shootie. That might change once I finally get to play Sapphire sometime next week. :)
That's tough to call, but I'd personally go with Sapphire, myself. Spriggan is awesome - graphics and sound/music are top notch, but I do suggest playing it on difficult. You can pretty much walk through the game on easy.
I played through on the default setting and didn't have any trouble until the last boss. I couldn't figure out a strategy to beat him so I had to use a cheat code to get through it. :(

NecroPhile

Thanks, Henry.  Looks like some good tunes there.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JapanTokei

Nice haul indeed Beamer. 

I'm leaving for the Bay area tomorrow (Finally!!)  so I will be showing off the games Henry + Rockability traded me on this thread soon.  Will be taking 3 weeks off and chilling out.. I need it, no time to even come on here anymore these days... (cry)

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/16/2010, 08:37 PM

Sapphire might be the next goal, but it requires an Arcade card am I right?  Which would mean I'll need to either mod my US duo for JP or find someone with a Duo-R... who might have one for sale... :P

Opethian

IMG
Gun Frontier
IMG
Image Fight/X-Multiply
finally got a good deal on these 2!!
IMG

turbogrfxfan

I got my psp 2000 yesterday for blue bmw!!  Fully hacked and fully loaded with almost every pce/tg16 huey title there is!!  also was pimped with a sega and nintendo games as well.  and tg/pce cd games.  95% of em work!LOL im still blown away!! My train ride back and forth to the city everyday will be a pleasure.  Fack ebay!!!!!!!  this is how thinngs should be done!  transaction was a dream.  No drama!!    You know when it was a awesome trade when both parties feel like they owe the other more!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

JapanTokei

damn!  That sounds freaking sweet.   BLUEBMW - I want one too!!! 

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/18/2010, 11:39 AMI got my psp 2000 yesterday for blue bmw!!  Fully hacked and fully loaded with almost every pce/tg16 huey title there is!!  also was pimped with a sega and nintendo games as well.  and tg/pce cd games.  95% of em work!LOL im still blown away!! My train ride back and forth to the city everyday will be a pleasure.  Fack ebay!!!!!!!  this is how thinngs should be done!  transaction was a dream.  No drama!!    You know when it was a awesome trade when both parties feel like they owe the other more!!

TR0N

IMG
IMG

Btw for any wounder what the famicom game it is "new ghostbusters 2" it was made by HalLaboratory the developer behind kirby&lolo serise.

This GB title had only a japan&europe release console wise.
http://www.nesplayer.com/reviews/newghostbusters2r.htm
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlueBMW

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/18/2010, 08:21 PMdamn!  That sounds freaking sweet.   BLUEBMW - I want one too!!! 
We'll see what we can come up with for ya!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Smashed Brother

Finally came in today:

IMG

I've been trying to get this one for ages!  Best version of River City Ransom, IMO!
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

hoobs88

I'm green with envy :mrgreen: Where did you get it?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mathius

Here's my latest batch

/101_0094.jpg

Notice the Adventure Island IV.  :wink:

Opethian

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Opethian

Mathius you should pick up a Recca repro :D
IMG

Tatsujin

Who needs a recca repo? is there any text in there you have to understand?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/21/2010, 10:02 PMWho needs a recca repo? is there any text in there you have to understand?
Well it is a matter of price tats a original recca usely does go for $180.00+.

While a repro just cost $40.00 that's why some prefer it.
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: TR0N on 09/21/2010, 11:33 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/21/2010, 10:02 PMWho needs a recca repo? is there any text in there you have to understand?

I see, and 180+ would still be quite a cheapy. Or do we talking losey?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

yea Recca complete go for almost $400
IMG

Mathius

I am going to get Recca made, but not before getting Earthbound Zero first. :wink:

Joe Redifer

Today I bought the Playstation Move Bundle that comes with a wand, camera and Sports Champions game.

You may now proceed to make fun of me.

Mathius

Joe, your decision to be honest about your latest purchase really "Moves" me.

Smashed Brother

Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/21/2010, 01:58 PMI'm green with envy :mrgreen: Where did you get it?
From GameofJapan!  I think they still have more in stock.
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/22/2010, 12:30 AMToday I bought the Playstation Move Bundle that comes with a wand, camera and Sports Champions game.
Please tell us how well it works.  Is it more accurate than a Wii?  Any lag?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Space Harrier from BlueBMW cause he's just that baller ;)

/d77c2ab5.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Nice nec! You must tell me what Etrian Odyssey is like. Space Harrier is just good times no matter what.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guestPlease tell us how well it works.  Is it more accurate than a Wii?  Any lag?
If there is lag, then it is probably only around 1 or 2 frames at most on my TV (CRT HDTV).  You can't noticeably see it like you can with the Wii.  It definitely feels more accurate.  The demo for Start the Party  is really cool and is certainly something the Wii couldn't do.  It seems EXTREMELY accurate in that game.  What is lame, though, is that the demo disc that comes with it requires you to install the demos to the hard drive instead of just running them off of the disc.  And the cable for the USB camera could be longer.

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 09/22/2010, 12:16 AMI am going to get Recca made, but not before getting Earthbound Zero first. :wink:
I have a 4-in-1 for my Famicom with Recca, and I paid $12 for it.

That game is fucking hard!

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/22/2010, 06:40 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/22/2010, 12:16 AMI am going to get Recca made, but not before getting Earthbound Zero first. :wink:
I have a 4-in-1 for my Famicom with Recca, and I paid $12 for it.

That game is fucking hard!
Hard? Yes. Beautiful? Oh yeah!

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/21/2010, 11:56 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/21/2010, 11:33 PM

I see, and 180+ would still be quite a cheapy. Or do we talking losey?
loosely yeah usely $180.00+ usd and it's worse if you want it boxed,as opeth mention $300.00+.
IMG

Frank_fjs

IMG

I've wanted one of these my entire life, since I was about 10, now I have one! :D

TR0N

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/23/2010, 11:08 PM
IMG

I've wanted one of these my entire life, since I was about 10, now I have one! :D
Congrats i hope you have the money since later aes release can be,realy expensive.Though then again there's all ways the super mvs converter II.
IMG

Tatsujin

nice catch. but i think they lied to us about the quantum leap, since the pce came out almost 3 years before and could do already similar things :P

Opethian

Nice haul frank looks like a picture from HIT japan. If you are looking for JP games I have a bunch for sale. KOFs and Samurai Spirits'
IMG

Mathius

Be sure to get it modded. It's the only way to go with a Neo Geo. :wink:

Frank_fjs

Thanks guys.

Yep, Unibios and MVS converter are next on the list, and I might get a CD controller too as I don't really like the button positioning of the arcade stick.

It came from Game of Japan, which is associated with Hit-Japan.

Just as I bought this one, another one popped up for cheaper! The box is more damaged though, the one I have is pretty clean.

Mathius

Whatever you do don't let Neotropolis mod your beautiful new system. KennyBoy is a nice enough guy, and he's honest, but he will rape your wallet!

You should also join me and some others over at Neo-Geo.com. There are good conversations, and deals, to be had. Just be prepared to deal with a lot of unnecessary drama. Avoid it and you can have some good times. :wink:

Frank_fjs

Thanks Mathius,

I'm already on Neo-Geo.com. :) I don't post there too often for reasons you mention, but it's not that bad I suppose.

Digi.k

Mathius

It's here!! :dance:

/101_0097.jpg

/101_0098.jpg

This is the "discolored" version.

Opethian

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I bought all the shit nectarsis and thibaut were selling, and I cant find my camera.

shits awesome though.

bbl, pcfx fap session imminent.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

You beat me to the punch Mathius!  My copy also arrived today!  Sadly I have no arcade card yet (or a Duo that can play Japanese hucards!)  But step one of three is done.. :D

/sapphire.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Did yours come from Tobias too?

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 09/24/2010, 07:23 PMDid yours come from Tobias too?
Sure did!  The "discoloured" special :P

TheClash603

How am I the only guy on earth without a Neo Geo or Saphire?  Lame.

I wanna boxed US Neo Geo pretty badly!

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/25/2010, 12:38 AMHow am I the only guy on earth without a Neo Geo or Saphire?  Lame.

I wanna boxed US Neo Geo pretty badly!
Tobias at http://sapphire.anime4ever.de/ has a few "discolored" versions left for $45 shipped. If you have an ACD and means to use it here's your chance. :wink:

As for a boxed US Neo Geo just get a cheap Japanese model and get it modded. It's cheaper, and then you have a Japanese, North American, and European model all in one. The Neo Geo is not like other systems. You actually feel constricted with a normal Neo, like your missing out on the big picture.

Joe Redifer

I want a pressed Sapphire.  I don't care if it's bootleg.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/25/2010, 12:47 AMI want a pressed Sapphire.  I don't care if it's bootleg.
That's exactly what these are. Part of me cared that I was buying a probable bootleg, but $45 compared to $300 (current price at Game of Japan) is too good to pass up, especially with it being a pressed CD-ROM. You better get one now Joe while Tobias still has them.

I have played through the first four levels tonight. I can't believe I am essentially playing an 8-bit game. :shock: I know "bits" are overrated, but it's still mind blowing. Even the music has that "Gate of Thunder" feel that I love so much. T's Music did both games right? Anyhoo, I recommend these "boots" to anyone who doesn't want to pay for the "real" version. The look authentic on my shelf too. :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of my setup. I don't think I have ever shared it:

/101_0099.jpg

That's your controller BlueBMW. :)