RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2010, 04:09 PMA sealed and minty fresh copy of Blazing Lazers found its way into my mailbox yesterday.
awesome!! gotta get a minty ccopy as well!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Frank_fjs

I picked up the ever so elusive PC Engine AV Booster (new in box):

IMG

IMG

A new in box Avenue Pad 6:

IMG

And to follow up on the AES I purchased, it came in the other day and needless to say, I'm loving it!

IMG

It's extremely clean and came boxed with all foam inserts & manual + matching serials. Cheers Hit-Japan.

Opethian

hey frank buy some AES games from me please! lol
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/30/2010, 10:15 PMAnd to follow up on the AES I purchased, it came in the other day and needless to say, I'm loving it!

IMG

It's extremely clean and came boxed with all foam inserts & manual + matching serials. Cheers Hit-Japan.
Congrats "the future is now ! snk!"
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

That's a real nice looking AES rig. It'll look even sweeter with an LED installed. :wink:

Tatsujin

AES is cool. But AES via mono/composite cable isn't so. I have to change that as well asap.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2010, 12:36 AMAES is cool. But AES via mono/composite cable isn't so.
Agreed. Which is why I have one of these on order:
IMG

And one of these:
IMG

I do have a scart TV but it's huge and too awkward to move around (82cm Grundig) which is why I went the CSY-2100 route on my beloved JVC TV.

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2010, 12:36 AMAES is cool. But AES via mono/composite cable isn't so. I have to change that as well asap.
Yes! S-Video and stereo (along with Unibios obviously) are a must! :)

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2010, 01:11 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2010, 12:36 AMAES is cool. But AES via mono/composite cable isn't so. I have to change that as well asap.
Yes! S-Video and stereo (along with Unibios obviously) are a must! :)
Nah, not S-Video, I've got RGB SCART & Component. Much, much better.

Mathius

I don't understand why, but I have always been a whore for S-Video. Maybe it's because it strikes some kind of perfect balance. That might all change if I can actually get the component to work on my Neo. All I get right now is a foggy picture with a lot of wavy lines. I actually made a video about it:

Frank_fjs

How are you achieving component out, is your AES modded?

How new is your TV & have you tried other TV's? Many newer TVs won't accept 240p on their component inputs, which may be your problem.

S-Video beats the crap out of RF (duh) and composite, but if you can get it RGB is the bees knees, it's the only way to go for console gaming.

Mathius

Yep, it's modded with S-vid, component, stereo, and Unibios ver. 2.3. I know it's not the TV because my other TV does the same exact effect. That's not seen in the video though.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2010, 12:20 AMThat's a real nice looking AES rig. It'll look even sweeter with an LED installed. :wink:
Ew, no.  I don't know what the fad is with adding LEDs where there were originally none or changing the red LED out with a blue or different colored one.  It's just plain tacky.

Frank_fjs

I guess it's possible whoever did your mod stuffed up the component video aspect, it looks like a sync issue to me. If you can find one, try it on an older CRT TV. If the problem still persists then you know it's the mod that is to blame. I would speculate that it's just a jrok or neobitz in there, why the Neo Geo community insists on using these overpriced & inferior video encoders I will never know.

Mathius

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 10/01/2010, 02:26 AMI guess it's possible whoever did your mod stuffed up the component video aspect, it looks like a sync issue to me. If you can find one, try it on an older CRT TV. If the problem still persists then you know it's the mod that is to blame. I would speculate that it's just a jrok or neobitz in there, why the Neo Geo community insists on using these overpriced & inferior video encoders I will never know.
The CRT I am using is an older Sansui TV.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/01/2010, 02:11 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2010, 12:20 AMThat's a real nice looking AES rig. It'll look even sweeter with an LED installed. :wink:
Ew, no.  I don't know what the fad is with adding LEDs where there were originally none or changing the red LED out with a blue or different colored one.  It's just plain tacky.
I have to disagree. Not only do I think it looks awesome, but it prevents me from accidentally leaving my Neo on for extended periods without realizing it. :wink:

Tatsujin

a PAD-105 adapter
a Final Fight 2
a 15pol DIN for my Saturn controller to Neogeo connection
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

henrycsc

schweet Opeth!  Congrats on Sylphia!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Tatsujin

the todays HO acquisition :D

/sgfxf.jpg

the box ain't megamint but the inside is all like it was never touched.

and here the super grafx family photo :)
/sgfxcomplete.jpg

BlueBMW

Complete with shadow ninja foiling fakler boltlers!

Envy :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sparky

Tatsujin

thx bros :)

here some action:
/p1100949.jpg

and yeah, in case you wonder yourself, I still could manage to escape from that fireball in front of my face :mrgreen:

TheClash603

Very nice Tats!  I am envious of everything down to the fancy doorstop.

Opethian

Nice. I am just one Darisu Arufa away form a complete SGX reunion :(
IMG

henrycsc

Awsome Tats!  when did you score the Hello Kitty?  Holdin out on us man... that hurts.   :P
Wanted:

Tatsujin

Quote from: henrycsc on 10/02/2010, 01:05 PMAwsome Tats!  when did you score the Hello Kitty?  Holdin out on us man... that hurts.   :P
here I did :)

/p1100639.jpg

it's a DC sample/hibaihin :)

Mathius

So envious, Tats. Nice SGX family you have there. :)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/02/2010, 08:54 AMthx bros :)

here some action:
/p1100949.jpg

and yeah, in case you wonder yourself, I still could manage to escape from that fireball in front of my face :mrgreen:
Fireball! Backjump!! Hurry!!!  :mrgreen:

Very, very nice!!!  =P~  =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

BlueBMW

Ok, so over the last few weeks, I've been slowly collecting a bunch of pieces to reach one goal....

Teh what did I buy today....

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8729.0 <Beware lots of big pics>
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/02/2010, 01:16 PM/p1100639.jpg
What's with the CD-ROM2 unit in that picture. It looks different to mine (rectangular window) and what is that it's docked to?

JapanTokei

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/02/2010, 06:45 AMthe todays HO acquisition :D

/sgfxf.jpg

the box ain't megamint but the inside is all like it was never touched.

and here the super grafx family photo :)
/sgfxcomplete.jpg
wawawa Tats!  that is an awesome HO pickup.  You have some serious HO Nampa skills man.. my best pickup was a special yellow pickachu edition gameboy printer.. lol.

OPE - the Sylphie looks great.  welcome to the club :)

I'm gonna move soon again.  After I get settled down, will be back here more frequently !  next destination => likely Singapore.

henrycsc

Good Good Day!   :dance: :dance: :dance:  Thanks so much BlueBMW!!!  Awesome
I haven't seen anything this minty since a York Peppermint Patty!
/pa040719.jpg
/pa040721.jpg
/pa040725.jpg

/pcevolution.jpg
And Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac Live at the Swing Auditorium CD!

Tokei, we need to get you in a PCE hot spot next time!
Wanted:

Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

Even the mailing packaging was great!  Good thing there are no Turbo-enthusiasts working for your local post office.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/04/2010, 08:18 PMEven the mailing packaging was great!  Good thing there are no Turbo-enthusiasts working for your local post office.
I wrapped the Duo itself and had fun with it (as seen there)  but I packaged that in an unassuming fish product box :P

TheClash603

Wow, that system looks awesome!

Tatsujin

The [WARNING! TURBO CONTENTS!] on it also could have triggered some kind of CTU, and two of our fellow members probably wouldn't be in here atm.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/04/2010, 08:28 PMThe [WARNING! TURBO CONTENTS!] on it also could have triggered some kind of CTU, and two of our fellow members probably wouldn't be in here atm.
:-$ !!!

Opethian

WARNING TURBOB CONTAINED GENEROUSLY!
IMG

Mathius

Peter Green rocks!

That's one of the nicest Duo packages I have ever seen!

Ceti Alpha

Holy shit Beamer!! That packaging was great!!!  Nicely done!!  =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;

Oh, and the PCE-EVO poster looks amazing as well.  =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

henrycsc

Thanks guys!  Yeah I don't know what to be happiest about!

I now have the Duo collection thanks to Opethians and Rockabilly's Duos!  They are all sweet!

BMW's packaging was priceless!  I had to photo it for you guys.  I didn't do anything nearly as creative for what I sent to him.  I think he's turning into a little PCE monster though.... maybe BMW really stands for BonkMomoWataru!

Seriously though... the US Duo is in amazing condition!  Thank you so much for the trade & I hope you get tons of Obey time with your new stuff!
Wanted:

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2010, 01:47 AMI don't understand why, but I have always been a whore for S-Video. Maybe it's because it strikes some kind of perfect balance. That might all change if I can actually get the component to work on my Neo. All I get right now is a foggy picture with a lot of wavy lines. I actually made a video about it:
I you are using an internal encoder like the neobitz, try adding a 0.1uf ceramic capacitor on the sync INPUT line. This usually gets rid of the wave.

blueraven

Frank_fjs

Quote from: blueraven on 10/05/2010, 08:12 PMA broken tg16 IFU.
I got one of those too (well a PC Engine one). Where did yours come from & how shattered were you when you discovered that it didn't work.

Tatsujin

What doesn't work? If nothing works, like no power turns on (LED), there's probably an internal fuse which is blown. I have the same prob with one, which I will check by time.

BlueBMW

Quote from: blueraven on 10/05/2010, 08:12 PMA broken tg16 IFU.
Want to trade / sell it?  I have a loosie CD rom unit that will be lookin for a home :D

Assuming I could repair it of course.

Mathius

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 10/05/2010, 07:22 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2010, 01:47 AMI don't understand why, but I have always been a whore for S-Video. Maybe it's because it strikes some kind of perfect balance. That might all change if I can actually get the component to work on my Neo. All I get right now is a foggy picture with a lot of wavy lines. I actually made a video about it:
I you are using an internal encoder like the neobitz, try adding a 0.1uf ceramic capacitor on the sync INPUT line. This usually gets rid of the wave.
Yeah, everyone has been telling me that it is my TV, even though I get the same wavyness (is that a word?) on every TV I use.

Unfortunately, I will need someone to do that procedure for me as I don't have the skills.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec