The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colossus1574

Haha, don't judge guys  [-X Fun party game!

/preview_bandhero0.jpg

Got it for $18.72 US on Ebay

bartre

not quite a "buy", but i got a package from a trade in the mail today.
included:
Mega Man 2 CIB, Metroid Prime 2 CIB, Space Harrier 32X CIB, Blood Gear CIB, Kunio's Soccer for PCE CIB, Falcom Classics CIB, and Popoitio Heberke CIB, and a copy of Dungeon Explorer CIB

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 10/08/2010, 02:49 AMnot quite a "buy", but i got a package from a trade in the mail today.
included:
Mega Man 2 CIB, Metroid Prime 2 CIB, Space Harrier 32X CIB, Blood Gear CIB, Kunio's Soccer for PCE CIB, Falcom Classics CIB, and Popoitio Heberke CIB, and a copy of Dungeon Explorer CIB
Dungeon Explorer has the most kick-ass music on the Turbo....period! :)

BlueBMW

I've been neglecting to share the acquisitions of the week!  Several folks have sent me things (Some expected.... some not!)  So in advance.... thanks to all that hooked me up with great stuff!  And even more thanks to those who just decided to send me something cool just because!

Here's a run down of what Santa Claus (AKA the postman!) has brought me recently!

First a mighty huge lot of goodies came in from none other than PC Henler (henrycsc) :P  (Not shown is a freebie PCEvolution poster that I totally didn't expect!!!)

/pchenler.jpg

Next, Sir Mathius sent me a nice little unexpected freebie!  I haven't tried it yet (busy week!) but I will this weekend!

/freebie1.jpg

A few ebay auctions I picked up for what I believed to be non-gouge prices!  As a F@CK ebay club member, I'd ask the club to comment on the legality of these purchases.  Ldis was $7, and Sprig MK 2 was $30.  I just bid the opening bid on each, nothing more.  $4 shipping each.

/ebayscores.jpg

Yet another unexpected freebie from none other than Necromancer!  He felt that having Sapphire as my only Arcade title was a travesty!  So he sent me this!!!  On a side note... check out the packaging on the right there!  The game was wrapped in the stuff!  Henler, I think you've spawned a line of Christmas gift wrap!  Also, the outer packaging was A: Recycled, B: Creatively addressed... :lol: C: complete with a sticker warning of the high level of "pure awesomesauce" and D: stamped with the turbob seal of approval... an intel inspired "obey inside" logo!  Looks like I need to step up my packaging methods!

/freebie2.jpg

And lastly... found some goodies that will hopefully provide many smiles and obey for a few people.... some Turbo/PCE CD replacement lasers that were a very good price!

/lasers.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

100% pure Awesome Sauce, BlueBMW! =D&gt; That first pic made my salivary glands implode. As for Legend of Xanadu the opening cinematic alone is worth the price of admission.

henrycsc

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/08/2010, 09:30 PMHenler, I think you've spawned a line of Christmas gift wrap!
I'm sure Dollar Tree is shaking in their boots!  Great stuffs there BMW!  Congrats!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 10/02/2010, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/02/2010, 01:16 PM/p1100639.jpg
What's with the CD-ROM2 unit in that picture. It looks different to mine (rectangular window) and what is that it's docked to?
Bump.

Not sure if you missed my post, or I've asked an incredibly stupid and obvious question, or maybe you just don't like me. :P

If it's option one, could you answer my question pretty please. :)

turbogrfxfan

damn Blue that shit is sick!!!Man for two years now ive been tryin to get a deal on terraformong!!!  congrats!  fatal fury is dope but ya gottaget fatal fury special!!  alot better of a game.  gift wrap from henry!!!!  ????   For shits sake!!  wrap my that controller in it!!! :)  I need your addy!!  You got alot of great games.  I cant even start, so I wont
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

blueraven

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 10/09/2010, 08:55 AM
Quote from: Frank_fjs on 10/02/2010, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/02/2010, 01:16 PM
What's with the CD-ROM2 unit in that picture. It looks different to mine (rectangular window) and what is that it's docked to?
Bump.

Not sure if you missed my post, or I've asked an incredibly stupid and obvious question, or maybe you just don't like me. :P

If it's option one, could you answer my question pretty please. :)
Thats an NEC standalone CD rom. For playing music CD's. It has the same laser as the 1st gen. CD-30 CDROM2, The KSS-162a.

Sparky

nice Bluebeamer!!! good stuff there.

for me i got a bunch of non turbo stuff today... from a Buy & Sell shop, Value Village....

Saturn...loose system
NES... power glove
PS3... Time Crisis 4
PS1... MIB:The Series & Atari collection 1
SNES... DKC, DKC3, Empires Strikes back, Super Mario All-stars, Pac-Attack & Troddlers
PS2...ICO
Action figures..The Real Ghostbusters bits & pieces

aaaaa fuk ya!!!

IMG

BlueBMW

Awesome finds sparky!   Any sensors with that power glove?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Sparky

no senser, but it was from the owner of the store who thinks he has more stuff and the senser but has to locate it...will see

JapanTokei

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/08/2010, 09:30 PMI've been neglecting to share the acquisitions of the week!  Several folks have sent me things (Some expected.... some not!)  So in advance.... thanks to all that hooked me up with great stuff!  And even more thanks to those who just decided to send me something cool just because!

Here's a run down of what Santa Claus (AKA the postman!) has brought me recently!

First a mighty huge lot of goodies came in from none other than PC Henler (henrycsc) :P  (Not shown is a freebie PCEvolution poster that I totally didn't expect!!!)

Next, Sir Mathius sent me a nice little unexpected freebie!  I haven't tried it yet (busy week!) but I will this weekend!

A few ebay auctions I picked up for what I believed to be non-gouge prices!  As a F@CK ebay club member, I'd ask the club to comment on the legality of these purchases.  Ldis was $7, and Sprig MK 2 was $30.  I just bid the opening bid on each, nothing more.  $4 shipping each.

Yet another unexpected freebie from none other than Necromancer!  He felt that having Sapphire as my only Arcade title was a travesty!  So he sent me this!!!  On a side note... check out the packaging on the right there!  The game was wrapped in the stuff!  Henler, I think you've spawned a line of Christmas gift wrap!  Also, the outer packaging was A: Recycled, B: Creatively addressed... :lol: C: complete with a sticker warning of the high level of "pure awesomesauce" and D: stamped with the turbob seal of approval... an intel inspired "obey inside" logo!  Looks like I need to step up my packaging methods!

And lastly... found some goodies that will hopefully provide many smiles and obey for a few people.... some Turbo/PCE CD replacement lasers that were a very good price!
-- WAY AWESOME Blue.  I need to finish my relocation asap so I can settle down and start playing PCE again!

TheClash603

Sparky, how's the spring holding up in that purple Ghost Busters toy?  If you aren't a chicken, you'll put your finger in it.  If you are truly the man, you'll risk further reproduction with it.  I love that toy.

Sparky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/10/2010, 01:29 PMSparky, how's the spring holding up in that purple Ghost Busters toy?  If you aren't a chicken, you'll put your finger in it.  If you are truly the man, you'll risk further reproduction with it.  I love that toy.
hahahaha... the spring is like new... comes down like a mouse trap!!! :P of coarse i tricked my wife into trying it, so much for that bright idea... ya i have a bunch of Ghostbuster stuff i have slowly accumulated :)

TheClash603

Picked up Meteor Blaster DX and Revenge of Shinobi at the flea market today.  Then I got Saint for the Wii and Infamous PS3 on clearance at Target.

Hopefully Revenge of Shinobi has Spiderman, and hopefully Saint doesn't suck.  Figured a shmup for $10 was worth a shot.

blueraven

2 RF cables to test the AV outputs of my American units.

DragonmasterDan

Via some cool people at Nintendo age, I locked down my last two missing NES games. I have the final 8 coming in the mail now. And I will have a loose copy of all licensed US NES carts.
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

damn Dan you should take a picture of all those grey goodies ^_^
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Opethian on 10/11/2010, 08:17 AMdamn Dan you should take a picture of all those grey goodies ^_^
I need to redo my shelving. I repurposed a shelf of gamecube games on Saturday for NES games, I still have about 100+ that need to go on the shelf and I have the last 8 still coming in the mail.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

I keep having to repurpose shelves for turbo games.  Next to get the boot is the 3DO stuff... bulky little beasts...

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 10/09/2010, 03:10 PM
Quote from: Frank_fjs on 10/02/2010, 11:30 PMWhat's with the CD-ROM2 unit in that picture. It looks different to mine (rectangular window) and what is that it's docked to?
Thats an NEC standalone CD rom. For playing music CD's. It has the same laser as the 1st gen. CD-30 CDROM2, The KSS-162a.
Close - it's a SCSI add-on drive for PCs, not a stand alone music CD player.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG
just expanding the MVS collection :D
IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/10/2010, 10:48 PMPicked up Meteor Blaster DX and Revenge of Shinobi at the flea market today. 
You found MB DX at a flea market?  What are the chances?  Hell, I've never seen a single Turbo game in the wild.  Game shops sure but a homebrew Turbo game?  Crazy
All is well. :)

blueraven

Quote from: RoyVegas on 10/12/2010, 12:50 AMYou found MB DX at a flea market?  What are the chances?  Hell, I've never seen a single Turbo game in the wild.  Game shops sure but a homebrew Turbo game?  Crazy
Not even the Gameshop Warehouse in LA? :P

I've found loosie hueys of Splatterhouse and Bonk's Revenge in 2009; to be fair, I had to quiz him about what was in the back room...  and one turbo pad in 2010. Other than that, nada since 1996.

TR0N

Quote from: Opethian on 10/11/2010, 10:51 PMIMG
just expanding the MVS collection :D
Nice haul on the mvs cartridges though i would say congrats on (shock troopers 2nd squad). I had that game for a short time as a kit, really i just didn't think it was good as part one at all. It wasn't to long afterwards either i sold it to shawn.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Opethian

Ah I am really looking for part one! the 2nd one has alot of slowdown
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Opethian on 10/11/2010, 08:17 AMdamn Dan you should take a picture of all those grey goodies ^_^
Ope here's a basic pair of pictures of my shelving. Keep in mind there is a row below these pictures that isn't there. There is also one more shelf going over with a bottom row of NES games. I also have 150 or so in a box. Like I said I need to redo my shelving. Right now it's sloppy

IMG
IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

Wow that is alot of games! congrats on yoru completion!
IMG

bartre

damn, that's nice!
though, i have to say, i'm a lot more jealous of your Sega CD collection  :P
ah well, at least my Saturn Collection is kind of comparable.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: bartre on 10/12/2010, 11:16 AMdamn, that's nice!
though, i have to say, i'm a lot more jealous of your Sega CD collection  :P
ah well, at least my Saturn Collection is kind of comparable.
That's not all the Saturn games nor all the Sega CD games, that's just ones that happen to be on that shelf. I've had to migrate a lot of stuff off the shelf as the NES collection grew and started annexing space of other systems.

With Saturn I have several stacks of Saturn games in two different rooms that got moved off of a shelf. Also quite a few Sega CD games as well in other spots.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Today I picked up Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel loose and Zelda: Oracle of Ages loose for 4.00 each.
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

Quote from: Opethian on 10/12/2010, 09:58 AMAh I am really looking for part one! the 2nd one has alot of slowdown
Yeah part two suffer from way to much slowdown.Also i couldn't stand how the choices were limted for what paths you could take,and how the roll move was replaced by jumping instead.Not to mention you could only use one character during it's gameplay "while in the original" up to four or more.

When ever you get the original shocktroopers you will find it to be a much better game.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Nice, neccy.  What's the special message?

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2010, 01:32 PMNice, neccy.  What's the special message?
58/100
Thanks for keeping the PCE alive
-sig

NecroPhile

Not that one; the one on the title screen.

Colossus1574

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/12/2010, 10:09 AM
Ope here's a basic pair of pictures of my shelving. Keep in mind there is a row below these pictures that isn't there. There is also one more shelf going over with a bottom row of NES games. I also have 150 or so in a box. Like I said I need to redo my shelving. Right now it's sloppy

IMG
IMG
Where's the luv for the NES games!?!?! GET those dirty old price tags off of 'em! hahah
(i recommend products called Goo Gone or Goof-Off to nicely get the sticky residue off  :idea:)

nectarsis

1st print Limited Edition (for once the Limited means something).

/769852da.jpg

TheClash603

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/15/2010, 09:18 PM1st print Limited Edition (for once the Limited means something).
/769852da.jpg
What is limited about this edition?  How limited is it?  I am a big Evil Dead fan, but hate all the double-dips...  sell me on this!

nectarsis

Actual limited printing what what I've heard (amazon, Best Buy, and other retailers are out of stock/shipping the regular edition).  Limited has a second disc with quiet a few extras.  The eventual double/triple/quadruple dip I'm sure will occur in 5-8 months though LOL.

P.S. It's only $10 at Best Buy this week..if they still have any left.

Extras on 2nd disc:

# Documentary: 'One by One We Will Take You: The Untold Saga of The Evil Dead' (54 min) — With interviews of cast and crew, the doc is an all-inclusive and widespread look at Sam Raimi's low-budget classic and its unexpected impact on the horror genre. While behind-the-scenes footage is shown throughout, viewers learn a great deal about the production, its history from short film to public reaction, and much about the work that went into making the movie. Some of the conversations offer amusing insights into the trilogy and their unique style. The best part is listening to thoughts about the movie's lasting influence and its continued admiration by modern horror fanatics.

# "The Evil Dead: Treasures from the Cutting Room Floor" (59 min) — This is probably one of the most extensive assortment of alternate takes and deleted scenes I've ever come across. Although most of the footage has aged badly, and there's little explanation of what we're seeing, this intimidating piece shows some great material fans are sure to love and enjoy watching.

# "The Ladies of the Dead Meet Bruce Campbell" (29 min) — The star of the 'Evil Dead' series sits down to chat with his female co-stars about their experience on the film. With film clips interspersed throughout, the conversation is very entertaining and Campbell makes an amusing interviewer.

# "Discovering The Evil Dead" (13 min) — Made by the fine folks at Blue Underground, this is a great piece that gives a quick overview of how the movie made history and its reception in the United Kingdom.

# "Unconventional" (19 min) — Another cool featurette that has the cast reminiscing about the film. Only this time, they are joined by Ted Raimi and Robert Tapert to discuss the group's career in the horror genre. The friendly banter is enjoyable with some great insights.

# "At the Drive-In" (12 min) — This was filmed at a special Chicago screening where the cast gives away free DVD copies to a fanatical crowd.

# "Reunion Panel" (31 min) — This is merely an extension of the previous featurette, showing cast and crew in a Q&A session at the "Flashback Weekend" convention.

# "The Book of the Dead: The Other Pages" (2 min) — Essentially, alternate takes of Ash looking through the book.

# Make-Up Test (1 min) — Exactly as the title implies, viewers can watch raw footage of early make-up work and effects.

# Trailers — A small collection of TV spots and the original theatrical preview are available in their appropriate category.

# Photo Gallery —This is a large compilation of production stills, poster art, and behind-the-scenes photos.

Mathius

Sweet! :D As my avatar suggests I am a big Evil Dead fan. I have Evil Dead 2 on Blue Ray, but I might have to pick this one up since it's only ten bucks, and I haven't gotten the first one.

Joe Redifer

Picked this up a week or so ago from Tobias and forgot to post it:

sapphire.webp

This is the $45 bootleg.  No need for the real thing when this is plenty fine!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Congrats Joe!  We're all just a bunch of bootleggin fools aren't we!

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2010, 02:36 PMNot that one; the one on the title screen.
I'll answer it since he missed it.  It says "Signature/Developers Edition".
All is well. :)

Mathius

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/16/2010, 05:03 AMPicked this up a week or so ago from Tobias and forgot to post it:

sapphire.webp

This is the $45 bootleg. No need for the real thing when this is plenty fine!
I think that's the one I have. The artwork on the sleeve and on the disc is just a little faded, right? But yeah, there's no need spending $300 and up for the rilly dilly when you can have an almost identical copy.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

you guys are so completely wrong. it hurts :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..