The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/16/2010, 12:32 PMyou guys are so completely wrong. it hurts :lol:
It all comes down to teh $$ Tats. $300 for a PCE game is out of most peoples' league. It's easy for those who already have the real Sapphire to look down upon those who don't. And those who don't have no other choice than this well made alternative. What I paid for Dungeon Explorer II will be the most I'll ever pay for a Turbografx game, but rest assured if there was a copy of DEII as well made as the Sapphire boot I would have bought that one. :wink: And if the US DEII was going for $300, I would have thrown out the prospects of playing the game in English, and would have just gotten the PCE version.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/16/2010, 12:32 PMyou guys are so completely wrong. it hurts :lol:
Isn't it better to obey than to not? :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

It hurt me when I was using a CD-R to play Sapphire.  I wanted a less-ghetto bootleg and this fits just nicely.  The real Sapphire still has the same obnoxious sound effects that drown out the music, the same bosses that flash so much when they get hit that you can't admire the detail, etc.  Look at it this way... I get pretty much an identical copy as the real deal, it just didn't come with the gloating rights.  :)

henrycsc

I do my best to obey.

/pa160814.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

blueraven

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ceti Alpha

That is a bad ass haul, henry!!!   :mrgreen:

I totally forgot that the LT had a controller port. Looks amazing!  =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

BlueBMW

We going to region mod that LT henry? :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

henrycsc

Thanks guys!

Here are the ports:

Left
DC In 9V  (Powers entire LT)

Front:
Ear (Headphone Jack)
Power LED
Volume wheel
Brite wheel
PCE Controller port

Right:
A/V In (Miniplug)
Game/TV Switch
Ext Ant (Miniplug)
DC In 9V  (Marked with CDRom logo - this probably powers LCD when connected to IFU/RAU/LT-SCD2)

Rear:
Antenna
Preset/All Ch switch
External Bus  (interface for IFU/RAU/LT-SCD2)

Inside:
I & II Turbo Switches
D Pad
Power On/Off
HuCard slot
I & II Buttons
Select/Mem  (for the tuner?)
Run/ERA  (for the tuner?)
Tint wheel
Color wheel
Small unmarked switch  (BMW - we can put the region switch right here   :lol:)
Wanted:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: henrycsc on 10/17/2010, 11:13 AMSmall unmarked switch  (BMW - we can put the region switch right here   :lol:)
:shock: [-X  #-o [-o&lt;  :P
IMG

Opethian

isnt the unmarked switch channel 3 or 4 for RF out?
IMG

Mathius

Once again the Japanese artwork trumps the American. <<<sigh>>>Ninja Spirit looks awesome  [-( <<<sigh>>>

Colossus1574

Quote from: Mathius on 10/17/2010, 12:33 PMOnce again the Japanese artwork trumps the American. <<<sigh>>>Ninja Spirit looks awesome  [-( <<<sigh>>>
what else is new....i've already complained about the US art on another thread....wasn't until TTI took over that the art got better i think.

Anyways, nice purchase sir! that screen size blows away the TG Express and the extra port for 2player is major bonus!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 10/17/2010, 04:31 PMand the extra port for 2player is major bonus!
the extra port isn't for 2-player, it is for the normal player-1 pad, since 98% of the games can't really be played on the built-in pad.
if you want 2P or more -> regular multi-tap.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

henrycsc

Speaking of 2 player and Turbo Express in the same breath, ive been meaning to test if you can com link a 2 player PCE Title on a GT with a TG Title on and express.  Has anyone tried this before?

Just curious if it would work.... I will try to confirm this soon  :)
Wanted:

TheClash603

Nice Henry. That makes my Neo Geo Pocket Color I got on Saturday a lot less cool.

SuperDeadite

Panasonic MSX Turbo-R A1ST, Power Pad, XE-1pro, Vampire Killer, and 2x pr0n.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

Wow! You don't see a MSX everyday. Nice! :)

Opethian

Dragon Knight rox! I still have Knights of Xentar on PC somewhere....somewhere long live megatech!
IMG

Starfighter

We have the same PS2 controller! :D But my blue one is broken (it can't vibrate) since I threw it in the floor - so now I have a red one. And a few ugly third party (is it the proper translation? something not made by Sony) controllers for friends to use. But anyway. Transparent Dual Shock 2's is todally rad, man. :)

nectarsis

From teh Henry..with SWEET stickers, and NecroPhile freebies  :dance: :dance: :dance:

/2cf2343b.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Mathius

Let us know what you think about Syd Mead's Terraforming.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 10/18/2010, 06:22 PMLet us know what you think about Syd Mead's Terraforming.
I got a copy from henler too, honestly I thought it was pretty good!  It seemed pretty easy, which is a big plus for me since I generally suck at games.  Music was great, graphics were pretty good.  Overall a decent little shootie!

henrycsc

Yeah, terraforming has a very distinctive feel to it!  I can't really think of anything to compare it to.  It has some very interesting special effects, but the weapons are not as elaborate as on many of the great shooties.

Glad they arrived safe Nect... you should post a pic of what USPS did to the box - geez!

SuperDeadite - Let me know what you think of that XE-1 Pro Stick - I've been eyeing the HE version for quite some time!

Clash - Congrats on teh Neo Geo Pocket Color!

BlueBMW - Thanks a bunch for the AOEIII!  You Rock!
Wanted:

nectarsis

Quote from: henrycsc on 10/18/2010, 06:42 PMYeah, terraforming has a very distinctive feel to it!  I can't really think of anything to compare it to.  It has some very interesting special effects, but the weapons are not as elaborate as on many of the great shooties.

Glad they arrived safe Nect... you should post a pic of what USPS did to the box - geez!

SuperDeadite - Let me know what you think of that XE-1 Pro Stick - I've been eyeing the HE version for quite some time!

Clash - Congrats on teh Neo Geo Pocket Color!

BlueBMW - Thanks a bunch for the AOEIII!  You Rock!
the GLORIOUS USPS "handling" job:

/33c72ee3-1.jpg

SuperDeadite

The XE-1pro was a very nice stick for it's time.  It's a bit smaller then a real arcade stick, but uses micro switches and is very smooth.  The buttons feel a bit cheap, but I prefer them over the modern day cheap Hori buttons.  And I love how you can rotate the buttons, you can totally reverse their positions.  The MSX version does require 3 AA batteries though which is a bit lame.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

turbogrfxfan

errr  jealous of the terraforming.  i STILL GOTTA GET IT!!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Colossus1574

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/18/2010, 02:49 PMFrom teh Henry..with SWEET stickers, and Necromancer freebies  :dance: :dance: :dance:
/2cf2343b.jpg
Cool, Valis 3 actually has pretty decent box art for a TG release, and screenshots on the front? that's gotta be rare to see too, congrats!

DragonmasterDan

The final three US licensed NES games arrived today. Oh and one special European one too. IMG
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Congrats.  Though Contra Force is terrible.  The pain of a complete collection.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/20/2010, 06:45 PMCongrats.  Though Contra Force is terrible.  The pain of a complete collection.
Ehh, if Contra Force was called "Buff Machine Gun Guys Force" no one would complain. The problem is compared to Contra and Super C it's not that great of a game. It's at least average for an 8-bit game.
--DragonmasterDan

rag-time4

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/20/2010, 08:10 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/20/2010, 06:45 PMCongrats.  Though Contra Force is terrible.  The pain of a complete collection.
Ehh, if Contra Force was called "Buff Machine Gun Guys Force" no one would complain. The problem is compared to Contra and Super C it's not that great of a game. It's at least average for an 8-bit game.
I remember clearing Contra Force on a rental... I thought it was a cool game. Totally agree with your take Dan.

Ultima V (Warriors of Destiny) is the true stinker here. I found it unplayable.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: rag-time4 on 10/20/2010, 09:10 PMI remember clearing Contra Force on a rental... I thought it was a cool game. Totally agree with your take Dan.

Ultima V (Warriors of Destiny) is the true stinker here. I found it unplayable.
I just tested it and made sure it saves.

Of the games I got today Parodius is clearly the best.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

I have always wanted to see how Parodius plays on the old Famicom.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 10/20/2010, 10:07 PMI have always wanted to see how Parodius plays on the old Famicom.
This is the PAL UK NES release. I've noticed a few resolution oddities between trying it on my top loader and trying it on my handheld Retro Mini X NES famiclone. All things considered it's a damn impressive port for the NES though.
--DragonmasterDan

blueraven

Congrats on the complete collection!

Tatsujin

the PAL parodius package is 382x more ecchi as its real content ever is.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sparky

Nice Nec... Terraforming you will enjoy for sure ,and very nice looking stickers henry, we should trade some stickers up as i have a few now myself i do up for the F-ebay club :)

I was at a video game meet this weekend in cold canada.... picked up a few things but nothing to great except for a very nice manual :). Also my father-inlaw found a Lynx for me with a bunch of games at a fleamarket for $20, never had one of these but i need to find me an AC.

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/21/2010, 09:42 AMthe PAL parodius package is 382x more ecchi as its real content ever is.
And the European version actually puts clothes on the leggy lady among other things. So it's even less ecchi than the Japanese version.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2010, 07:30 PMI was at a video game meet this weekend in cold canada.... picked up a few things but nothing to great except for a very nice manual :). Also my father-inlaw found a Lynx for me with a bunch of games at a fleamarket for $20, never had one of these but i need to find me an AC.
A very nice manual indeed!  Its just dying to be hooked up with a sparky label and a lonely disc only DH :P

In other news, a huge box showed up today with 22lbs of turbo stuff.  This christmas could be chock full of freebies now!

/turbolot2.jpg

Mathius

Wow, an actual Turbo-CD Beemer! :D Now you can game like Mathius. :mrgreen:

And that poor Cadash Huey. He needs a manual. :cry:

Edit: And Air Zonk needs a Sparky label.

Mathius

Well here it is; Dungeon Explorer II and friend.

/101_0100.jpg

Opethian

IMG

Nice Fire Shark! I got my Raiden DX and Raiden (Arcade Hits) today PS1
Now Raiden Project isnt so lonely anymore  :dance:
IMG

henrycsc

Sparky, what I sent Nect were actually window clings - not stickers.  I think you have the sticker market pretty well cornered!  :)  Nect - you need to show us where you cling em!  :lol:

I think PC Henler needs to step down and bow to TurboBeamler....  congrats!

DEII!  Awesome Matthius!

I think you need some more Raiden games Opeth!  :)
Wanted:

nectarsis

Quote from: henrycsc on 10/21/2010, 11:33 PMSparky, what I sent Nect were actually window clings - not stickers.  I think you have the sticker market pretty well cornered!  :)  Nect - you need to show us where you cling em!  :lol:
I will once the car is finished ;)

geise

I finally broke down and bought a PS3.  It was a recertified 40gb model from Newegg for $224.  I got it mainly for a blueray player.  Also having a huge gift card for there helped.  I also just bought Ridge Racer 7 since I'm a RR whore.  There are some games coming out down the road that are for the PS3 only I want to pick up, like Ni no Kuni. (although there is a DS version as well but will be different)

Opethian

I really liked 3d dot heroes and Tekken 6 so far. as for PSN the Soldner X games are pretty fun
IMG

geise

Yeah I was wanting to try the Soldner games.  They look really well done.  I might dl Magical Drop F from PSN.  I never knew about this game.  I love the Magical Drop series.  3d dot heroes does look fun and I'll need to get that one as well.  I'm also waiting to find out which version of Fist of the North Star-Ken's Rage is better.  I am a huge Hakuto no Ken fan and want to make sure I get the one that is the better version.  (like Bayoneta)