RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/20/2011, 06:27 PMThat guy kind of sucks at playing Golden Axe, though.
I was thinking the same thing!

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2011, 12:48 PMHere is a neat comparison vid for Golden Axe. It takes you through all the versions! The most striking thing is that the Atari ST, Amiga, and Genesis versions share some of the same exact sound effects! Weird. I grew up with the Genesis version and recognized them immediately. Maybe it's the 68000? Does the Atari ST share the 68000 with the Genny and Amiga???
So, I watched this (and, yes, the person is: playing with an awkward keyboard, sucks at Golden Axe or is victim of poor hit detection...) and I felt compelled to watch...

Let's Compare...Altered Beast

...by the same fellow. Unfortunately, the PCE versions are not included in the roundup. Even more shocking, though, are the following observations about Altered Beast:
(1) There was an NES version?
(2) THERE WAS A GBA VERSION? (Refer to the 10:00 mark) And not only do the character designs in the GBA version range from mediocre to downright goofy, but our hero transforms into CONKER. Altered Beast? No, just a silly, goofy CONKER (see Conker at 10:30).
(3) I love the badass first boss in Altered Beast, and most versions try to capture his badassery (to varying degrees of success), but the GBA version offers us laughing buffoon from the Roman Legion who tosses shields at Conker (10:40). What were they thinking when they made this GBA version?

I never heard about the GBA version prior to 15 minutes ago, so forgive the fact that I am late to the party.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

He also has vids comparing Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong.

Yeah, Altered Beast got raped on some of the conversions. I thought the Amiga version looked bad too except it retained the scaling sprites of enemies as they were killed and knocked into the foreground. It made me all the more respectful of the Genesis/MD version.

Opethian

IMG

TurboXray

Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2011, 12:48 PMHere is a neat comparison vid for Golden Axe. It takes you through all the versions! The most striking thing is that the Atari ST, Amiga, and Genesis versions share some of the same exact sound effects! Weird. I grew up with the Genesis version and recognized them immediately. Maybe it's the 68000? Does the Atari ST share the 68000 with the Genny and Amiga???
Disregarding the serious choppiness of the ST port, the graphics look pretty damn good for only 16 colors.

TR0N

Contra-versy-Games Yanks Can't Wank;A very british guide to nes
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 03/22/2011, 11:47 PMContra-versy-Games Yanks Can't Wank;A very british guide to nes
That was enjoyable.

TR0N

IMG

SuperDeadite

Last Bronx The Movie (Yes based off the Saturn Fighting game)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TR0N

Classic Game Room-VARKON arcade game pinball machine review
Definitely a rare one.
IMG

Opethian

IMG

esteban

Quote from: TurboXray on 03/22/2011, 11:21 PM
Disregarding the serious choppiness of the ST port, the graphics look pretty damn good for only 16 colors.
Agreed. I haven't played the ST port, but, based on the footage, it certainly looks better than I imagined it would be.

Joe Redifer

Here's the first episode on my idiotic new Youtube game channel:

Game Sack - Episode 1 - SNES Super Scope vs Sega Menacer

We'll do a show probably once a week.

henrycsc

Not Youtube yet as it is still being compiled...
http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_whitacre_a_virtual_choir_2_000_voices_strong.html

Here's the first one that they did:
Virtual game music band, anyone?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/04/2011, 10:32 PMHere's the first episode on my idiotic new Youtube game channel:

Love the sound effects! Especially when the Menacer's IR module splatted itself on the TV. :lol:

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/04/2011, 10:32 PMHere's the first episode on my idiotic new Youtube game channel:

I love how you turned up the volume on Genesis after inserting Menacer cartridge. :)

esteban

Quote from: henrycsc on 04/04/2011, 11:00 PMHere's the first one that they did:
A truly beautiful song. Unfortunately, the video is marred by truly ugly webcam videos.

I would have been happier with a much simpler concept for the video  (i.e., series of black&white photos of singers).

Joe Redifer

I simply will not believe that any of that audio originated from a webcam delivered over the internet.  It would be telephone quality at best.  Even if they were all outputting at maximum bandwidth, the microphone quality on those things are awful.  I only saw one dude with a decent microphone.  And the notion that they are doing it live is even more absurd.  There would be so much lag between users that it would be all out of sync and messed up.

My name is Joe.  I crush dreams.

EDIT:  OK I see how they did that now.  But I still like crushing dreams.

henrycsc

Wanted:

Mathius

Joe Redifer

The original is better.

EDIT:  If you listen to that choir thing with headphones, you can hear a lot of the original digital artifacts that were present in the original submissions.  A lot of EQ and reverb was added, I think.

NecroPhile

Quote"It's by Sega so you know it's gonna be good."

* dumps shit on floor *
Nicely done, Joe.  I'm looking forward to future episodes.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

Hobo with a shotgun and Rutger Hauer need I say more!!!!
IMG

henrycsc

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/05/2011, 10:27 PMThe original is better.

EDIT:  If you listen to that choir thing with headphones, you can hear a lot of the original digital artifacts that were present in the original submissions.  A lot of EQ and reverb was added, I think.
Yeah, the conductor even said that tons of processing was done.  You'd expect that with so many different sources and qualities.  Still pretty cool concept.
Wanted:

Jesse813

watching some old videos by spida1a  8)

Mathius

Quote from: Jesse813 on 04/06/2011, 09:27 PMwatching some old videos by spida1a  8)
His videos are the bomb!

TR0N

IMG

NecroPhile

Jesse813

Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2011, 11:41 PM
Quote from: Jesse813 on 04/06/2011, 09:27 PMwatching some old videos by spida1a  8)
His videos are the bomb!
him and starsoldier1 are my main sources for TurboGrafx-16 reviews on youtube

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/07/2011, 09:17 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2011, 11:41 PMHis videos are the bomb!
Dr. Bomb?
Who?

Quote from: Jesse813 on 04/07/2011, 09:37 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2011, 11:41 PM
His videos are the bomb!
him and starsoldier1 are my main sources for TurboGrafx-16 reviews on youtube
Those are the two guys I started out with too. :)

NecroPhile

Mathius

Jesse813

listening to the tunes from Gate of Thunder on youtube  8)

_Paul

Interpretative Dance from BBC's Fast and Loose - a successor to Whose Line is it Anyway?

You Can't Hurry Love

Don't Stop me Now

Jesse813

Latest episode of Classic Game Room

TR0N

IMG

Mathius

Jesse813

Quote from: TR0N on 04/09/2011, 01:21 AM
Quote from: Jesse813 on 04/08/2011, 01:51 PMLatest episode of Classic Game Room
Don't say it link it  ](*,)
Here you go

Joe Redifer

Latest episode of Game Sack.  We compare Street Fighter II this time.

Jesse813

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/11/2011, 03:31 PMLatest episode of Game Sack.  We compare Street Fighter II this time.
As soon as my internet connection quits dragging its ass I'll check it out!!! :)

Jesse813

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Jesse813

Senshi

She may have been posted before but I love this girl...and she ain't too bad looking either
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

guyjin

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Jesse813 on 04/12/2011, 02:30 PMAnother Good Video Featuring Joe

https://www.youtube.com/user/Redifer#p/u/10/A8upJrsZpuk
Well, what the hell!  That's only the 14th time that vid has been linked in this thread!!  And after all you do know it is a total and complete rip off of the original!  ;)  -
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/14/2011, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Jesse813 on 04/12/2011, 02:30 PMAnother Good Video Featuring Joe

https://www.youtube.com/user/Redifer#p/u/10/A8upJrsZpuk
Well, what the hell!  That's only the 14th time that vid has been linked in this thread!!  And after all you do know it is a total and complete rip off of the original!  ;)  -
:lol: Nicely done! :D

...someone lost weight too.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius