OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Way to go BlueBMW.  Now you can obey in the coolest way possible.

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/14/2011, 06:57 AMWay to go BlueBMW.  Now you can obey in the coolest way possible.
Or at least one of the most expensive ways possible!  :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

Beemer don't feel bad, I wouldn't if I were you :) and I do have a turbo duo already.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

TR0N

Quote from: tsuran on 03/14/2011, 03:24 AMI found Ar Tonelico 2 premium pak at my local gamestop today. Pretty excited
Just in time huh since part 3 get's release in the u.s soon  :wink:
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Ar-tonelico-Qoga-Premium-Box
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

Gimmick! is really good.  Haven't gotten time to play the JP exclusive Adventure Island IV yet, but I am excited to!  The other stuff was thrown in as a gift.  I love Japanese sellers.

/img3678a.jpg

Opethian

nice clash I'll be getting into some serious fami games soon :D
IMG

bartre

got a few things over the past few days -
Wipeout longbox ps1
donkey konga gc
donkey kong jungle beat gc
phantom brave ps2
castle shikigami 2 ps2
spectral souls psp

and finally, a controller converter that allows you to use ps2 controllers on an xbox or gamecube :)
all for about $30

turbokon

My latest acquisition.
IMG_2894.JPG IMG_2895.JPG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Mathius

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/17/2011, 09:13 PMGimmick! is really good.  Haven't gotten time to play the JP exclusive Adventure Island IV yet, but I am excited to!  The other stuff was thrown in as a gift.  I love Japanese sellers.
/img3678a.jpg
You lucky sob  ](*,) Gimmick for the famcom/nes is a rare one to find cib,that's one sunsoft title that has evaded me for the longest time.
IMG

TheClash603

Neither Adventure Island or Gimmick! were too cheap, but it was my tax return indulgence.  Both great games.

Mathius

So, what makes Gimmick! so great? :)

RR1980

Quote from: Mathius on 03/19/2011, 02:29 AMSo, what makes Gimmick! so great? :)
supposedly Gimmick! had an extra chip in the game cart for extra special sound effects? and probably because it's one of the games towards the Famicom's life so the print run was probably small too

Mathius

Quote from: RR1980 on 03/19/2011, 04:51 AM
supposedly Gimmick! had an extra chip in the game cart for extra special sound effects? and probably because it's one of the games towards the Famicom's life so the print run was probably small too
Sounds intriguing! Looks like I am another gamer that's going to search endlessly for it.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 03/19/2011, 11:32 AM
Quote from: RR1980 on 03/19/2011, 04:51 AM
Sounds intriguing! Looks like I am another gamer that's going to search endlessly for it.
Like i said about gimmick very rare nes/famicom title it doesn't matter,if it's the jpn or pal version either will cost ya.

It was one of the few games that realy pushed the nes to it's limit graphics wise.
IMG

guyjin

BlueBMW

Wow, looks (and sounds) pretty darn cool!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

It plays really well too.  I like how the graphics take some of the best stuff from Mario 3 and Kirby, which is a good idea since they are 2 of the most classic Famicom games.

Why no love for Adventure Island IV?  Master Higgins is horribly underrated in the 8-bit, fake 16-bit, and 16-bit eras.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/20/2011, 03:32 PMIt plays really well too.  I like how the graphics take some of the best stuff from Mario 3 and Kirby, which is a good idea since they are 2 of the most classic Famicom games.

Why no love for Adventure Island IV?  Master Higgins is horribly underrated in the 8-bit, fake 16-bit, and 16-bit eras.
I have the Adventure Island IV repro which has been translated. It's not a bad game, but Uforia and Metroid had better gameplay.

Opethian

Metroid with save is awesome on FDS thanks RR!!
IMG

Mathius

Me again!  :mrgreen:

/103_0111.jpg

Scooby-Doo and friends :D

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 03/20/2011, 07:33 PM

Metroid with save is awesome on FDS thanks RR!!
What was wrong with your Twin Fami??? Just belt issues I am assuming?

I wish someone would take a shot at fixing my Twin Fami (we have the same color scheme, Ope). Needs the tension spring replaced and recalibrated. Zeta has offered to replace the whole drive, but I would have to buy another FDS. :(

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2011, 10:44 PMMe again!  :mrgreen:
Skies of Arcadia  =P~  =D&gt;  :dance:

That and Soul Calibur made me Buy a Dreamcast back in early 2000.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/20/2011, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2011, 10:44 PMMe again!  :mrgreen:
Skies of Arcadia  =P~  =D&gt;  :dance:

That and Soul Calibur made me Buy a Dreamcast back in early 2000.
This is my first time playing it. Really wish I got this bitd. Awesome game, just the random battles are a tad bit much!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2011, 11:05 PMThis is my first time playing it. Really wish I got this bitd. Awesome game, just the random battles are a tad bit much!
That really is the only gripe in that game.  Fortunately, you get a slight warning from your Dreamcast because you always here it spin up the disc right before you are about to battle.  Sometimes you can quick hit the menu screen beforehand if you need to.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/20/2011, 11:14 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/20/2011, 11:05 PMThis is my first time playing it. Really wish I got this bitd. Awesome game, just the random battles are a tad bit much!
That really is the only gripe in that game.  Fortunately, you get a slight warning from your Dreamcast because you always here it spin up the disc right before you are about to battle.  Sometimes you can quick hit the menu screen beforehand if you need to.
Yeah, it didn't take me long to learn that too. :lol:

DragonmasterDan

If you manage to track down the Game Cube port it has a slightly lower encounter rate.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/21/2011, 07:03 AMIf you manage to track down the Game Cube port it has a slightly lower encounter rate.
Unfortunately it also has terrible compression on some of the music.  The music is part of what makes this game!

Also Mathius if you want the downloadable content for SoA I've got them and can put them on a VMU if desired.

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/21/2011, 07:36 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/21/2011, 07:03 AMIf you manage to track down the Game Cube port it has a slightly lower encounter rate.
Unfortunately it also has terrible compression on some of the music.  The music is part of what makes this game!

Also Mathius if you want the downloadable content for SoA I've got them and can put them on a VMU if desired.
I say Sega should release this game for DC collections. Seriously though, 2 games you can already download on XBLA and Bass Fishing with a dated dance game???? Come on Sega! Shit's weak!

I would really like to see more games like Shenmue, Dynamite Deka 2, Jet Radio games, Sonic Adventure 2, Phantasy Star Online Revived, etc...

Opethian

JSRF would be awesome!!! and Dynamite Deka deuce!
IMG

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

My Pier Solar reprint came today.

See thread in console chat. too lazy to link

also I didnt make it yet.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Got a few items in over the last few days :P

/3_21_11.jpg

Mathius

You'll really enjoy Pier Solar Blue! :)

Your Aldynes seems to be missing something.  :-k

1980-20..

Managed to pickup all the Peach boy games in a job lot plus some other random games.

/5548149385_0111c43ce9.jpg

The F1 triple fight is giving me some problems the sound is distorted for some reason.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 03/21/2011, 08:24 PMYou'll really enjoy Pier Solar Blue! :)

Your Aldynes seems to be missing something.  :-k
It is :P  But the hucard is there so that's what counts!

TheClash603

Outrun 3D is one of the best buys on here in a long while.  Is that the Japanese or Brazillian?  I know the Brazillian was just on ebay, and I don't recall what mine looks like.

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/21/2011, 10:16 PMOutrun 3D is one of the best buys on here in a long while.  Is that the Japanese or Brazillian?  I know the Brazillian was just on ebay, and I don't recall what mine looks like.
Apparently this is the Euro version :-k  It has like 4 languages on the back :D

1980-20..

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/21/2011, 10:18 PMApparently this is the Euro version :-k  It has like 4 languages on the back :D
and not one of them is American. How will you cope.

Mathius

Awesome! I'll be gettin' with you. :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 03/24/2011, 01:18 AM
Its not much... a few extra weapons, an extra island to explore, and an extra big boss to fight.  But hey, extra is extra!

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/24/2011, 01:23 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/24/2011, 01:18 AM
Its not much... a few extra weapons, an extra island to explore, and an extra big boss to fight.  But hey, extra is extra!

Umm, you forgot to type something. :lol:

Digi.k

bought a new panasonic lumix camera recently

/P1010172.jpg

esteban

Digi, that camera looks DeLumix.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

nectarsis

Sadly NOTHING from MGC (except some stuff nabbed off of Craigslist while in the Milwaukee area).  Some sweetness waiting when I got home (and the TG from BMW came right before I left..all region, & AV modded  =P~)

(Didn't wanna flood the thread with pics so one link to a small album)

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x285/nectarsis/Newest/
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

Got a BIG haul from the MGC! :D

Despite people warning me of Mad-Gear's high prices... when you negotiate in bulk and explain to him how evil gouging is and how overcharging on tg/pce stuff is a 1st class ticket to hell...  his prices got way better :D  So in the end I did pretty good on all of it!

/2011-03-27_22-37-38_839.jpg

esteban

Excellent batch of games there! Down Load 2 has great tunes (even the title screen). Rabio Lepus is quirky but I dig it. It is "underappreciated", in my book. I won't say anything about Neo Nectaris, or the others, but you have some quality fun ahead.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Great haul Blue! I think MadGear "took" to us Turbo guys, and he told me he is seriously considering attending the Chicago based Turbofest Chany is putting on in July just to chill with us. :) Woo-Hoo! Score for PCFX! :dance:

Tatsujin

nice digi k(am) :)

and nice haulie, paulie :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..