The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/13/2011, 08:08 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2011, 07:57 PMNice Blue!  ...now about that Beyond Shadowgate map...
Its in there :D  Might have to send it along with your PAC-N1 here this week.  But tell me... is the map going to complete an incomplete copy of Beyond Shadowgate?
The poster will get stapled to the wall!  ...and it will complete my incomplete copy.

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2011, 08:16 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/13/2011, 08:08 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2011, 07:57 PMNice Blue!  ...now about that Beyond Shadowgate map...
Its in there :D  Might have to send it along with your PAC-N1 here this week.  But tell me... is the map going to complete an incomplete copy of Beyond Shadowgate?
The poster will get stapled to the wall!  ...and it will complete my incomplete copy.
Staples?!? You meant to say a nice poster frame I think :mrgreen:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/12/2011, 09:52 PMRegion free, with full PAL conversion  :dance: :dance:
/4355b4d1.jpg
Get teh Jackies :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

Lol, the German editions of Jackie Chan DVDs, since it can do teh PAL :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2011, 12:53 AMLol, the German editions of Jackie Chan DVDs, since it can do teh PAL :)
Ah yes, I remember teh convo  :lol: :lol:  Very few PAL dvd's so far (most from the UK, or Australia)..plus I have most of Jackies flicks already  :mrgreen:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

if got me a compact DVD player as well which can play any formats and regions as well burns and mpeg2~4 avis etc. only for 20 bucks. very cheap china thing. but not much bigger than a portable cd player.

my old victor went up into smoke so I needed a replacement :lol:

the other advantage because of its size, we can bring it to where ever we stay (hotels, ryoukan etc.) and can watch some brought with or rental DVDs and stuff).

JapanTokei

Congrats Blue!!  looks like you came thru with that huge collection.... I'm drooling too.  DE2!!  want want want. 

If i understood correctly you have a lot of folks in the dibs for those.. do let me know which are yours to trade... we can work out the stuff you PMed me about from my list...

Tokei
Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/13/2011, 07:33 PMAwesome Mathius!  Last year for my birthday my bro got me this enormous millenium falcon model... its so big I have no idea what to do with it.

In other news.... these few months seem to be the months of the monty haul.. so here's the latest that has shown up at the beamer household...

75lbs of gaming goodness (and a little bit of sad since its someone's entire collection)  Details to come, as some of this lot was intended to be spread around some :P

/cack5.jpg

grahf

Nice haul! I'm still not sure if those little Master Systems are cool or crappy.. I never saw one in person though.

JapanTokei

dude, SMS rocks.  Ys and Phantasy Star were unbelievable on the system... Platformer favorites were Shinobi, R-Type, Outrun.  (Altered Beast was only 1 player).  Plane games my fav was Bomber Raid... Goldenaxe was good though 1 player only.

Always wanted to try Golden Axe Warrior (the Zelda RPG) .. but by then I had sold the system in favor or ....  TG16 !!! 
Man 1990 was the best year :)

Quote from: grahf on 04/14/2011, 10:54 AMNice haul! I'm still not sure if those little Master Systems are cool or crappy.. I never saw one in person though.

SuperDeadite

Master System is nice.  But Master System 2 is shit.  No card slot, no FM Unit. Looks ugly.
Proper Japanese Master System (built in FM Unit) is the way to go. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Senshi

Is a Mark III really worth the price of admission?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

SuperDeadite

Mark III's are cool, but pricey.  I mean the real Japanese Master System.  See in Japan first there was the Mark III,
it got an FM Sound Unit add-on.

The Japanese Master System looks just like the World Master System 1.  But it has the FM Unit inside it, also has a
port for directly attaching the 3D Glasses (does not require the card slot adapter).

The USA and Europe "Master Systems" are NOT really Master Systems.  They are Mark III's stuck inside a Master System
case.  Only Japan got the true Master System

Mathius

You should hear the difference in the sound between Japan's Phantasy Star and what the rest of the world got. It's a striking difference!

Senshi

Deadite, can you provide a pic of the "real" master system? I can't seem to find anything except for Mark III stuff.

Edit: You mean it looks just like the black/red maser system I have?

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Mathius on 04/14/2011, 02:08 PMYou should hear the difference in the sound between Japan's Phantasy Star and what the rest of the world got. It's a striking difference!
Holy crap man!  That is CRAZY!!  It sounds about as good as Genesis!  I never knew!  DAMN!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

Mathius, that was really cool.  Thanks for the sound comparison post, I never knew.

Mathius

I never knew either until about two months ago. It's amazing what we all are still learning.

TheClash603

Famicom had better sound than the NES too...  apparently the Japanese think we don't know any better.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Senshi on 04/14/2011, 02:50 PMDeadite, can you provide a pic of the "real" master system? I can't seem to find anything except for Mark III stuff.

Edit: You mean it looks just like the black/red maser system I have?
Yes, it's the same case.  It's just the standard Japanese Master System.
Here's the only comparison video I can find.

roflmao

Wow, you learn something new every day!  I had no idea the Japanese version had better sound.  Great comparison!

Senshi

roflmao

I'm assuming this thread is constrained to just video games since I haven't read all 250~ pages, so I can say that I picked up Dragon Warrior for the NES a couple of days ago.  I never had the opportunity to really dig into this game before and I'm really digging it!

As a non-video game purchase, I picked up Gamma World yesterday and am looking forward to gathering a group to play it with.  It looks a bit like a tongue-in-cheek, campy, sci-fi DnD 4e lite.  Which sounds awesome to me so I can't wait to give it a shot!

Tatsujin

I have a mark III with FM unit as well a jpn. SMS. great stuff and i like to play on them both.
The mark III alows me to enable/disable the FM, so I can compare each games that supports the FM :)

Only bad thing with the mark III, it does not support the later SMS or MD or any other MD compatible pads.

here some poor recordings i did with mine:

nice warm space harrier FM sounds from the bios2.1
R-Type in FM:
:)

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2011, 11:29 PMI have a mark III with FM unit as well a jpn. SMS. great stuff and i like to play on them both.
The mark III alows me to enable/disable the FM, so I can compare each games that supports the FM :)

Only bad thing with the mark III, it does not support the later SMS or MD or any other MD compatible pads.
Looks like I need to pick me up a Japanese Master System! Are they usually expensive Tats???

Tatsujin

Quite, since the production wasn't that high in Japan. It even was released after the oversea SMS release. And because of the soon coming MD launch, sega didn't put much efforts into the SMS and games anymore, like they still did in the western fields.

Therefore no Vigilante, choplifter remake, Wonderboy III - dragons trap etc.

Joe Redifer

What I find hilarious is that people do NOTHING BUT PRAISE the SMS's FM sound capabilities yet these same people usually have NEXT TO NOTHING good to say about Mega Drive and Genesis sound.  Personally, I can't stand the SMS FM sounds.  It sounds so thin and empty (still nowhere near as good as NES), I'd rather just listen to the PSG as it sounds more natural and doesn't have those AWFUL FM drums.  The Genesis has far superior FM capabilities if the games themselves are to be judged by.

Mathius

I really quite enjoyed Sonic the Hedgehog's Master System tunes. They fit the system perfectly. I kind of enjoyed it more so than the Genesis tunes! :shock:

Joe Redifer

Those were done by Yuzo Koshiro.  That's why people always get the tunes from ActRaiser and Sonic SMS mixed up.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/15/2011, 12:46 AMThose were done by Yuzo Koshiro.  That's why people always get the tunes from ActRaiser and Sonic SMS mixed up.
:lol:

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/15/2011, 12:42 AMWhat I find hilarious is that people do NOTHING BUT PRAISE the SMS's FM sound capabilities yet these same people usually have NEXT TO NOTHING good to say about Mega Drive and Genesis sound.  Personally, I can't stand the SMS FM sounds.  It sounds so thin and empty (still nowhere near as good as NES), I'd rather just listen to the PSG as it sounds more natural and doesn't have those AWFUL FM drums.  The Genesis has far superior FM capabilities if the games themselves are to be judged by.
Unfortunately I have to disagree. Comparing the SMS FM to the NES PSG, very fine. But the SMS PSG is just ear killing cheeping.
The NES had some rad tunes and far superior sound capability than the SMS on PSG.

Sure the MD FM is a totally different story. I believe, nobody tries to put this in question here.

Senshi

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2011, 11:12 PMI'm assuming this thread is constrained to just video games since I haven't read all 250~ pages, so I can say that I picked up Dragon Warrior for the NES a couple of days ago.  I never had the opportunity to really dig into this game before and I'm really digging it!

As a non-video game purchase, I picked up Gamma World yesterday and am looking forward to gathering a group to play it with.  It looks a bit like a tongue-in-cheek, campy, sci-fi DnD 4e lite.  Which sounds awesome to me so I can't wait to give it a shot!
You'll find there is stuff non video game related in this thread mixed in with the gaming.  I love Dragon Warrior. I like the battles even though some might not.

Some new additions  :D

/pickup0414.jpg

Mathius

What games are those Senshi???

Senshi

Sorry I should have labeled them:

Top left is "Tengai Makyou - Deden No Den Kabuki" (bomberman clone with Kabuki characters)
Top right is "Iga Ninden Gaou" (side scrolling ninja game)
The Bottom game is Langrisser (strategy rpg)

Mathius

Senshi

My first impression is the controls are a little stiff and it takes some effort to time the swings of your sword but it is still fun. It requires practice that's for sure but its still a good game. Its not going to flow like say "kaze kiri". It looks real good. Nice variety of enemies so far (no matter how weird they may seem...lol). I've only played the first couple levels since I tried it this afternoon.

A link to some gameplay by Mr. Sunteam;

SuperDeadite

Scored 2 boxes of new Ammo for the Loopy.

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 04/15/2011, 10:24 PMIs Iga Ninden Gaou any fun???
I wanted to like this game, but it simply fell flat for me. However, I must admit that I had high expectations (some fool had claimed it was a "Legendary Axe"-killer)...perhaps that is why Iga Ninden Gaou's mediocrity has left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I wasn't a fan of all the in-game text, which I was unable to skip (IIRC).

Quote from: Senshi on 04/15/2011, 10:30 PMMy first impression is the controls are a little stiff and it takes some effort to time the swings of your sword but it is still fun. It requires practice that's for sure but its still a good game. Its not going to flow like say "kaze kiri". It looks real good. Nice variety of enemies so far (no matter how weird they may seem...lol). I've only played the first couple levels since I tried it this afternoon.

A link to some gameplay by Mr. Sunteam;
:)

You read my opinion above. But I should re-visit it and see if I can't find some redeeming qualities.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

after some time bought some stuff again :)

IMG

guyjin

the opa-opa toy is cool :)

What Virtual Boy game is that?

What's that thing below the virtual boy game?

How many copies of SF2 do you have now? can you tile the bathroom floor with them yet?

1980-20..

Not just today but over the last six weeks or so OBEY has been ariving through me letter box.

/5625086631_6dc1fb02af.jpg

Bernie

What I have purchased over the last few weeks.  Now I need/want DiscWorld 2 :mrgreen:

/215267_1690226451865_1123836233_31457032_2190716_n.jpg

PunkCryborg

Sweet pick ups bernielindell and 1980-20.
I unfortionatly haven't picked up an obeyage recently but picked up the Famicom games locally today. I have no idea what they are yet and the sticker says "unknown rpg" on the back. All I know is I like games by irem and SNK and the one that says Daiva looks like a cool macross image so they can't be all bad.
Also picked up Metal Storm which ROCKS

/img5612jd.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: bernielindell on 04/16/2011, 07:01 PMWhat I have purchased over the last few weeks.  Now I need/want DiscWorld 2 :mrgreen:

/215267_1690226451865_1123836233_31457032_2190716_n.jpg
Wow, I loved playing Riot Zone and Dragon Slayer back in the day!  Never did beat Dragon Slayer. 

I didn't know they made Dungeon Explorer for the Sega CD.  How does it compare to the TG-16 version?

Tatsujin

Quote from: 1980-20.. on 04/16/2011, 05:34 PMNot just today but over the last six weeks or so OBEY has been ariving through me letter box.
/5625086631_6dc1fb02af.jpg
Why put the baddies in the front and the goodies in the back? :P

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 04/16/2011, 02:45 PMthe opa-opa toy is cool :) Right :) but I wanted have the Spriggn mk2 mech :(

What Virtual Boy game is that? Galcatic Pinball..lol

What's that thing below the virtual boy game? A bandai LCD game DR. Dental

How many copies of SF2 do you have now? can you tile the bathroom floor with them yet?Dunno, stopped counting a long time ago. think it would be nuff to tile two bathrooms, though

roflmao

I picked up an NES Advantage today.  Hope to convert it to a Turbografx controller when it arrives. :)

1980-20..

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/16/2011, 10:03 PMWhy put the baddies in the front and the goodies in the back? :P
So you would be all like woahhh dude bought a load of shit and then you would be all like, sweet check out the copy of Sengoku Mahjong.

Tatsujin

Quote from: 1980-20.. on 04/17/2011, 06:05 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/16/2011, 10:03 PMWhy put the baddies in the front and the goodies in the back? :P
So you would be all like woahhh dude bought a load of shit and then you would be all like, sweet check out the copy of Sengoku Mahjong.
at least put the bombermen, the genjin 2 and the power drift in front. i totally would have :)

1980-20..

I really dont like power drift. Ive wanted to try it for years but i cant stand to play it.