@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

3 Virtual console games:
Faxanadu (NES)
Black Tiger (Arcade)
Akumajou Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PCE)

:D

hoobs88

Quote from: guyjin on 04/24/2011, 09:36 PM3 Virtual console games:
Faxanadu (NES)
Black Tiger (Arcade)
Akumajou Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PCE)

:D
I already have Dracula X for PCE but I have been wanting Faxanadu and Black Tiger. Nice!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

rag-time4

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/24/2011, 01:31 PM/14a2c996.jpg
Wow loved Toshiro Mifune in the Samurai / Miyamoto Musashi trilogy! One of my all-time favorite stories for sure. Nice retro brew-crew avatar as well!

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TheClash603

Bought Rock Band 3 for $10 today, solely so I could play the London Calling album DLC.   Who said that music games were dead?

guyjin

it's already down to $10? where did you buy that?

TheClash603

Quote from: guyjin on 04/27/2011, 10:04 PMit's already down to $10? where did you buy that?
Used from a guy at work.  Guess they aren't even giving that much at Gamestop for trade anymore.  It is $20 new there now though, same as Amazon.

nectarsis

My $4.50 hauly of the day...hopefully a bigger haul tomorrow  :dance: :dance:

/36d941a7-1.jpg

blueraven

nectarsis

Tatsujin

lol..just watched less than 2 the other day :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Yet another hauly...  both from peeps on this board.

/hauly.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

lol i have a 3DO like that one

BlueBMW

Quote from: thesteve on 04/28/2011, 11:20 PMlol i have a 3DO like that one
I wish I could find a box for my FZ-1 now.  Though the FZ-10 seems a bit more reliable at times.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Nice Blue! I almost bought an original Panasonic 3DO at MGC. I should never have gotten rid of mine bitd. :( Those front loaders are mighty sweet looking!

CGQuarterly

Finds_042911A.webp

Probably my last major haul of turbobs for a while.

Street Fighter II
The New Zealand Story
Son Son II
Daisenpuu

These were all in a trade for a spare TurboGrafx console that I had.

Little credit card protectors that also fit Hus.  20 of them for $2 shipped on eBay.

Ys Book I & II - $20.  This is the Turbo Duo pack-in version.  Is it supposed to have a rear insert?

Finds_042911B.webp

Sega Genesis Power Tips Book - About $1.50 on Amazon
The Game Counsellor's Answer Book for Nintendo Game Players - About 75 cents on Amazon
5 issues of Game Player's from the early 90's.  I don't know if there are any LA people here but I picked these up at Frank & Son.  The guy had a while stack for $2 per issue, so I looked through it and grabbed anything that mentioned Turbo games on the cover.  I don't live in LA but I hit up Frank & Son anytime I go down there.

Chris

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/29/2011, 12:27 PMLittle credit card protectors that also fit Hus.  20 of them for $2 shipped on eBay.
Mine came in the mail yesterday too.  They're a bit of a tight fit (that's what she said), but ya can't beat the price.

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/29/2011, 12:27 PMYs Book I & II - $20.  This is the Turbo Duo pack-in version.  Is it supposed to have a rear insert?
Nope, they cheaped out on the pack-ins.

CGQuarterly

I honestly don't mind the tight fit.  I bought them for all of my loose Hus, and it's easier to flip through them like a deck of cards if the sleeve doesn't have a sloppy fit.  Plus like you said, for $2 shipped you can't complain.

Sucks to hear about the rear insert.  Maybe someone made one that I can print out...

Chris

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/29/2011, 02:51 PMMaybe someone made one that I can print out...
Duo-R made a pretty good one: clicky.

CGQuarterly

Thanks, man!  That's exactly what I was looking for.

Chris

tsuran

Posting is overrated.

TheClash603

You mixed two of my favorite things, Corey Haim and the Laseractive.  I still believe!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/29/2011, 07:33 PMYou mixed two of my favorite things, Corey Haim and the Laseractive.  I still believe!
Don't forget Debbie Harry

BlueBMW

Nice haulie there Tsuran :P  Find you a copy of rocket coaster now!  Oh and if you can... Hyperion.  Its pretty awesome too!

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

BlueBMW

Quote from: Senshi on 04/29/2011, 09:50 PMHoly crap Blue!  :shock:
Like I said, I was getting another Duo-R pad in :lol:  And its about the same yellow as the one I sent you :P  Though the system itself is minty white!

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/26/2011, 10:15 PM32X for SuperFamicom!  :lol:

IMG
First of all what is that exactly? I remember seeing it before.

Also, funny how it matches the US SNES color scheme more than the SF.

EDIT: Nevermind, just watched your video for the Loopy.  :lol:

Senshi

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/29/2011, 09:54 PM
Quote from: Senshi on 04/29/2011, 09:50 PMHoly crap Blue!  :shock:
Like I said, I was getting another Duo-R pad in :lol:  And its about the same yellow as the one I sent you :P  Though the system itself is minty white!
Yup I got that in the mail yesterday. Thanks! It may be my first retrobrite project.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

roflmao

/110430%20Haul.jpg

Found the electronics kit at a yardsale in my neighborhood this morning.  When I opened up the box, everything was still shrink wrapped!  I asked my neighbor how much she wanted for it (price tag on the box was over $50) and she said I could take it for free!  I gave her a couple of bucks anyway, but still, wow!  I can't wait until my son is a little older to dig into this.

The highlight of my day, though, was receiving the 2 DVD sets of Turbo Views.  They look awesome.  Production quality is through the roof!  I can't wait to dig into these.

I also picked up a handful of Disney Laserdiscs for my son (who is turning 3 next week).  Picked them up for $18.50 (shipped) off ebay. I figured the Laserdisc fans here might get a kick out of seeing them. Most of them are still shrink-wrapped with $29.99 price tags. :p

My next post to this thread will include actual games, I promise! :D

alexsduo

Quote from: Keranu on 06/15/2008, 07:17 AMI bought gasoline, a Clapper, two twelve packs of Jones Cola, two double cheesburgers, and a small fry today.
I still want a clapper...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

nectarsis

The $5.50 hauly  :dance: :dance:

/7048e6e4-1.jpg

roflmao

Wow, I loved Flight of the Navigator as a kid!

BlueBMW

Nice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/30/2011, 10:44 PMNice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:
The Looney Tunes collections are great! They even feature shows, without the regular characters, and show classics like Marc Anthony. That was the long faced hound who struck up a hilariously cute relationship with a kitten. Classic!

chany60126

Made some great pick-ups at some local retro shops. Finally got a certain chany game I have been looking to get for a while.  :P

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/30/2011, 10:44 PMNice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:
Fantasia LD is great.

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/01/2011, 05:50 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/30/2011, 10:44 PMNice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:
Fantasia LD is great.
I've got that one, it truly is excellent!

roflmao

Yeah, it is.  I already have it but this one is still sealed!  I doubt it'll ever be worth anything, though I still think it's cool. :)

PunkCryborg

I bought out a local collectors set today. He had been collecting for a long time. He was getting rid of a ton of great games but it as a little sad seeing someone get rid of the things they collected for years. He was cool though and knew they were going to a good home. He had already sold some other stuff on ebay right before I got there so I missed out on some more stuff but I aint complaining. Now I am the proud owner of 3 copies of TV Sports Football  ](*,)
Did get a nice parasol stars and Sinistron is brand new.
/img5717i.jpg

BlueBMW

Nice haul elabit!! Lots of good stuff in there!  Hope you got it nice and cheap too!

PunkCryborg

Oh yeah and this came in the mail yesterday. I almost forgot I ordered it. One of my good friends also got one and we are going to play it at the same time cause were nerdy like that
/img5719s.jpg

Mathius

SuperDeadite

It took 2 years, but I can finally boot Mahou Daisakusen!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

PunkCryborg

Those FM Townes computers look so badass. I'm jealous!

Opethian

hey I got a similar model with 8MB RAM but no HDD :(
IMG

thesteve

i got 75 ps2 controllers, mixed lot broken

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: elabit on 05/02/2011, 12:08 AMOh yeah and this came in the mail yesterday. I almost forgot I ordered it. One of my good friends also got one and we are going to play it at the same time cause were nerdy like that
/img5719s.jpg
I think I ordered mine around the same time you did, hopefully it will arrive soon.
--DragonmasterDan