RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

3 Virtual console games:
Faxanadu (NES)
Black Tiger (Arcade)
Akumajou Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PCE)

:D

hoobs88

Quote from: guyjin on 04/24/2011, 09:36 PM3 Virtual console games:
Faxanadu (NES)
Black Tiger (Arcade)
Akumajou Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PCE)

:D
I already have Dracula X for PCE but I have been wanting Faxanadu and Black Tiger. Nice!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

rag-time4

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/24/2011, 01:31 PM/14a2c996.jpg
Wow loved Toshiro Mifune in the Samurai / Miyamoto Musashi trilogy! One of my all-time favorite stories for sure. Nice retro brew-crew avatar as well!

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TheClash603

Bought Rock Band 3 for $10 today, solely so I could play the London Calling album DLC.   Who said that music games were dead?

guyjin

it's already down to $10? where did you buy that?

TheClash603

Quote from: guyjin on 04/27/2011, 10:04 PMit's already down to $10? where did you buy that?
Used from a guy at work.  Guess they aren't even giving that much at Gamestop for trade anymore.  It is $20 new there now though, same as Amazon.

nectarsis

My $4.50 hauly of the day...hopefully a bigger haul tomorrow  :dance: :dance:

/36d941a7-1.jpg

blueraven

nectarsis

Tatsujin

lol..just watched less than 2 the other day :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Yet another hauly...  both from peeps on this board.

/hauly.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

lol i have a 3DO like that one

BlueBMW

Quote from: thesteve on 04/28/2011, 11:20 PMlol i have a 3DO like that one
I wish I could find a box for my FZ-1 now.  Though the FZ-10 seems a bit more reliable at times.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Nice Blue! I almost bought an original Panasonic 3DO at MGC. I should never have gotten rid of mine bitd. :( Those front loaders are mighty sweet looking!

CGQuarterly

Finds_042911A.webp

Probably my last major haul of turbobs for a while.

Street Fighter II
The New Zealand Story
Son Son II
Daisenpuu

These were all in a trade for a spare TurboGrafx console that I had.

Little credit card protectors that also fit Hus.  20 of them for $2 shipped on eBay.

Ys Book I & II - $20.  This is the Turbo Duo pack-in version.  Is it supposed to have a rear insert?

Finds_042911B.webp

Sega Genesis Power Tips Book - About $1.50 on Amazon
The Game Counsellor's Answer Book for Nintendo Game Players - About 75 cents on Amazon
5 issues of Game Player's from the early 90's.  I don't know if there are any LA people here but I picked these up at Frank & Son.  The guy had a while stack for $2 per issue, so I looked through it and grabbed anything that mentioned Turbo games on the cover.  I don't live in LA but I hit up Frank & Son anytime I go down there.

Chris

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/29/2011, 12:27 PMLittle credit card protectors that also fit Hus.  20 of them for $2 shipped on eBay.
Mine came in the mail yesterday too.  They're a bit of a tight fit (that's what she said), but ya can't beat the price.

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/29/2011, 12:27 PMYs Book I & II - $20.  This is the Turbo Duo pack-in version.  Is it supposed to have a rear insert?
Nope, they cheaped out on the pack-ins.

CGQuarterly

I honestly don't mind the tight fit.  I bought them for all of my loose Hus, and it's easier to flip through them like a deck of cards if the sleeve doesn't have a sloppy fit.  Plus like you said, for $2 shipped you can't complain.

Sucks to hear about the rear insert.  Maybe someone made one that I can print out...

Chris

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/29/2011, 02:51 PMMaybe someone made one that I can print out...
Duo-R made a pretty good one: clicky.

CGQuarterly

Thanks, man!  That's exactly what I was looking for.

Chris

tsuran

Posting is overrated.

TheClash603

You mixed two of my favorite things, Corey Haim and the Laseractive.  I still believe!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/29/2011, 07:33 PMYou mixed two of my favorite things, Corey Haim and the Laseractive.  I still believe!
Don't forget Debbie Harry

BlueBMW

Nice haulie there Tsuran :P  Find you a copy of rocket coaster now!  Oh and if you can... Hyperion.  Its pretty awesome too!

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

BlueBMW

Quote from: Senshi on 04/29/2011, 09:50 PMHoly crap Blue!  :shock:
Like I said, I was getting another Duo-R pad in :lol:  And its about the same yellow as the one I sent you :P  Though the system itself is minty white!

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/26/2011, 10:15 PM32X for SuperFamicom!  :lol:

IMG
First of all what is that exactly? I remember seeing it before.

Also, funny how it matches the US SNES color scheme more than the SF.

EDIT: Nevermind, just watched your video for the Loopy.  :lol:

Senshi

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/29/2011, 09:54 PM
Quote from: Senshi on 04/29/2011, 09:50 PMHoly crap Blue!  :shock:
Like I said, I was getting another Duo-R pad in :lol:  And its about the same yellow as the one I sent you :P  Though the system itself is minty white!
Yup I got that in the mail yesterday. Thanks! It may be my first retrobrite project.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

roflmao

/110430%20Haul.jpg

Found the electronics kit at a yardsale in my neighborhood this morning.  When I opened up the box, everything was still shrink wrapped!  I asked my neighbor how much she wanted for it (price tag on the box was over $50) and she said I could take it for free!  I gave her a couple of bucks anyway, but still, wow!  I can't wait until my son is a little older to dig into this.

The highlight of my day, though, was receiving the 2 DVD sets of Turbo Views.  They look awesome.  Production quality is through the roof!  I can't wait to dig into these.

I also picked up a handful of Disney Laserdiscs for my son (who is turning 3 next week).  Picked them up for $18.50 (shipped) off ebay. I figured the Laserdisc fans here might get a kick out of seeing them. Most of them are still shrink-wrapped with $29.99 price tags. :p

My next post to this thread will include actual games, I promise! :D

alexsduo

Quote from: Keranu on 06/15/2008, 07:17 AMI bought gasoline, a Clapper, two twelve packs of Jones Cola, two double cheesburgers, and a small fry today.
I still want a clapper...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

nectarsis

The $5.50 hauly  :dance: :dance:

/7048e6e4-1.jpg

roflmao

Wow, I loved Flight of the Navigator as a kid!

BlueBMW

Nice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/30/2011, 10:44 PMNice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:
The Looney Tunes collections are great! They even feature shows, without the regular characters, and show classics like Marc Anthony. That was the long faced hound who struck up a hilariously cute relationship with a kitten. Classic!

chany60126

Made some great pick-ups at some local retro shops. Finally got a certain chany game I have been looking to get for a while.  :P

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/30/2011, 10:44 PMNice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:
Fantasia LD is great.

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/01/2011, 05:50 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/30/2011, 10:44 PMNice roflmao :D  I've been trying to get some of the disney LDs too.  And looney tunes :lol:
Fantasia LD is great.
I've got that one, it truly is excellent!

roflmao

Yeah, it is.  I already have it but this one is still sealed!  I doubt it'll ever be worth anything, though I still think it's cool. :)

PunkCryborg

I bought out a local collectors set today. He had been collecting for a long time. He was getting rid of a ton of great games but it as a little sad seeing someone get rid of the things they collected for years. He was cool though and knew they were going to a good home. He had already sold some other stuff on ebay right before I got there so I missed out on some more stuff but I aint complaining. Now I am the proud owner of 3 copies of TV Sports Football  ](*,)
Did get a nice parasol stars and Sinistron is brand new.
/img5717i.jpg

BlueBMW

Nice haul elabit!! Lots of good stuff in there!  Hope you got it nice and cheap too!

PunkCryborg

Oh yeah and this came in the mail yesterday. I almost forgot I ordered it. One of my good friends also got one and we are going to play it at the same time cause were nerdy like that
/img5719s.jpg

Mathius

SuperDeadite

It took 2 years, but I can finally boot Mahou Daisakusen!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

PunkCryborg

Those FM Townes computers look so badass. I'm jealous!

Opethian

hey I got a similar model with 8MB RAM but no HDD :(
IMG

thesteve

i got 75 ps2 controllers, mixed lot broken

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: elabit on 05/02/2011, 12:08 AMOh yeah and this came in the mail yesterday. I almost forgot I ordered it. One of my good friends also got one and we are going to play it at the same time cause were nerdy like that
/img5719s.jpg
I think I ordered mine around the same time you did, hopefully it will arrive soon.
--DragonmasterDan