OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/03/2011, 07:41 AMI think I ordered mine around the same time you did, hopefully it will arrive soon.
they sent me an email saying it would arrive in 20 days. If you didn't get one you might be waiting a little while still

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: elabit on 05/03/2011, 07:53 AMthey sent me an email saying it would arrive in 20 days. If you didn't get one you might be waiting a little while still
I got that email April 16th.
--DragonmasterDan

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

thesteve

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

roflmao

/110504%20Haul.jpg
Sidearms Special, Star Parodier, and Daisenpu Custom

Happy Star Wars Day everyone!  May the 4th be with you...

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2011, 08:32 PM/110504%20Haul.jpg
Sidearms Special, Star Parodier, and Daisenpu Custom

Happy Star Wars Day everyone!  May the 4th be with you...
Oh man you  are the person that won this set. I went over to this guys house and bought the rest of his collection but I really wanted that Star Parodier! To bad we were bidding against each other, I would have let it go if I knew it was another forum member.
cest la vie

roflmao

Lol.  Whenever I bid on something Turbo-related I wonder if I'm bidding against someone here.  Bummer, man.  Hopefully you still got some cool stuff.  It looks like he had some other neat items up.

BlueBMW

Still need to find me a Star Parodier sometime :P  Nice hauly though!

I picked up another boxed Jaguar and 12 games, whoopie  #-o

Did pick up a copy of Veigues Tactical Gladiator with the Jag lot though! :P

Edit: Guess pics are always nice... even if it is jag stuff...

/JagLot.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

chany60126

Hey Beamer, if you are ever near a computer parts store, you should pick up a cheap $3 6 ft M/F 15 pin VGA monitor cable. It functions as a controller extension cord for the Jaguar.  :mrgreen:

BlueBMW

Quote from: chany60126 on 05/04/2011, 10:13 PMHey Beamer, if you are ever near a computer parts store, you should pick up a cheap $3 6 ft M/F 15 pin VGA monitor cable. It functions as a controller extension cord for the Jaguar.  :mrgreen:
But that would mean I'm actually playing the jaguar.... :P  Good idea though!  I think I've got an extra monitor extension cable laying around.  First I need to figure out a composite out mod on the jag.. just cant stand it over RF.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

chany60126

I actually love my jag. The ports of Wolfenstein 3D and Raiden are pretty good. Not to mention Tempest 2000 and AVP, hehe. Anyway, there do exist composite and S-video cables for the system. They are kinda pricey though. I got my composite cables for $20 shipped about a year ago. It is a HUGE upgrade over the mediocre RF switch. Here is a link to an overpriced auction of one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jaguar-Composite-Video-Cable-Original-Atari-New-Sealed-/140539700146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b8d1a3b2

Opethian

IMG
$50 shipped! I could not pass up these awesome games!
IMG

Mathius

I didn't know the Jag didn't include composite cables in the box! Jeez!

That Jag pic made me drool on my keyboard and short circuit it hee hee... :) I have been looking to reacquire a Jag for sometime now. You got a great haul there Bemby! I used to have a setup like that. But, well. You know... #-o

Tatsujin

Quote from: chany60126 on 05/04/2011, 10:34 PMand Raiden are pretty good.
Lol, Frauden never was any good on teh jag :P

Arkhan Asylum

/228036_597591041138_53705075_32545958_5966317_n.jpg

Welcome to where Aetherbyte's magic happens.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2011, 10:33 PMWelcome to where Aetherbutt's magic happens.
Hooray Tron!  I still have my light cycle toy from when I was a kid (orange one - though it's missing the zip cord).  My 3 year old plays with it now, which I think is pretty awesome.  I bought the white "retro Flynn" one seen in the picture above and the hinge on it broke within a couple of weeks...  The orange one is what, close to 30 years old now?  As awesome as it is, I'm a bit bummed that the new one didn't withstand the test of time.  One nice thing about it is that it stands up on it's own, but I wish it was built a little better.  

On a side note, I really want to get the Tron light cycle flash drive: http://www.amazon.com/Dane-Elec-Kevin-Flynn-White-Cycle/dp/B004C5LFZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1304655435&sr=8-1

nectarsis

Quote from: Opethian on 05/04/2011, 11:08 PMIMG
$50 shipped! I could not pass up these awesome games!
What is the Hudson game?  I like the cover art.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

Its Xexyz, for us whiteys

or

Kame No ongaeshi..? I think?!

or

KICK ASS GAME THAT EVERYONE NEEDS
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2011, 01:44 AMIts Xexyz, for us whiteys

or

Kame No ongaeshi..? I think?!

or

KICK ASS GAME THAT EVERYONE NEEDS
QFT and big ups to Ark! amazing game and you need it!!
IMG

thesteve

yippy chips are here

IMAG0017.jpg

BlueBMW

Steve did you pick up that broken turbo booster off ebay last week?

thesteve

yep.
its got a few cracked runs.
i will fix it tonight

JoshTurboTrollX

Kame No ongaeshi would have been epic on PCE.  Ever notice any similarities between the sound effects of Xexyz and the Robot stages of Keith Courage?  LOL- what coulda been.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Quote from: thesteve on 05/06/2011, 12:11 PMyep.
its got a few cracked runs.
i will fix it tonight
I halfway thought of going for it since I knew it would be a very easy fix.  Glad I didn't since we would have bid against each other!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/06/2011, 12:22 PMKame No ongaeshi would have been epic on PCE.  Ever notice any similarities between the sound effects of Xexyz and the Robot stages of Keith Courage?  LOL- what coulda been.
yeah. and i mean it is a hudson game and all.

Xexyz is a bamf NES game.  str8 hood and shit

nectarsis

Another great rummage sale day...

/6bdf5f5d.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

at first glance I thought sinatra was purple rain.

chany60126

Chris Capuano :lol: That guy could never stay healthy. But yeah those bobbleheads that they give out at Miller Park are top notch. I have one of Jim Gantner and Geoff Jenkins.

nectarsis

Quote from: chany60126 on 05/06/2011, 07:49 PMChris Capuano :lol: That guy could never stay healthy. But yeah those bobbleheads that they give out at Miller Park are top notch. I have one of Jim Gantner and Geoff Jenkins.
*Waves hand in a Jedi like fashion*  Bring you Gantner to Miller Park for the game and all will be well ;)

Opethian

oh nectar you gotta blast September that song is so awesome!!!!!
IMG

roflmao

/Galaga-Life-Force-Karnov-Blaster-Master.jpg

NES - Galaga, Life Force, Karnov, Blaster Master; $3 each - don't know if that's a good deal or not.  I don't typically pick up NES games, but thought these would be fun.  Holy crap I forgot how unforgiving NES games are!

Please excuse the low depth of field.  My room was fairly dark at the time and I didn't want the flash firing. :)

I actually picked these up a couple of days ago - just didn't get around to uploading the image until today. :D

Arkhan Asylum

fuck yes.  karnov and blastermaster

Mathius

Life Force and Blaster Master are very fine choices! Not a bad price either! Some of the best music on the NES is contained in those two carts. Karnov is a childhood fav of mine. I thought the graphics were amazing for its time. As for Galaga? Never played that version.

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 05/07/2011, 07:21 PMLife Force and Blaster Master are very fine choices! Not a bad price either! Some of the best music on the NES is contained in those two carts. Karnov is a childhood fav of mine. I thought the graphics were amazing for its time. As for Galaga? Never played that version.
Yeah, I had never played the NES version before so I figured I'd give it a shot for $3.  It's not bad so far!  I've only spent about 10 minutes playing each of these games, just to make sure they played properly.  Galaga is one of my all-time favorite arcade games.  I *so* want one of those Ms. Pacman/Galaga cabs.

bartre

Busy weekend for me - but i did manage a few nice ones
Bioshock 2 ps3 - $5
Killzone 2 ps3 - $15
Game gear w/ some common games - $10
Xenosaga 2 + 3 - $20
Persona ps1 - $35
GB micro - $30

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2011, 07:07 PM/Galaga-Life-Force-Karnov-Blaster-Master.jpg

NES - Galaga, Life Force, Karnov, Blaster Master; $3 each - don't know if that's a good deal or not.  I don't typically pick up NES games, but thought these would be fun.  Holy crap I forgot how unforgiving NES games are!

Please excuse the low depth of field.  My room was fairly dark at the time and I didn't want the flash firing. :)

I actually picked these up a couple of days ago - just didn't get around to uploading the image until today. :D
Those are decent deals, Life Force and Blaster Master are great games.
--DragonmasterDan

roflmao

The NES was one of those systems that I never owned growing up because it was always around, so I have memories of playing Life Force and Blaster Master, but they aren't as etched into my brain as TurboGrafx or SMS games.  Man Life Force is difficult!  I wonder now how as kids we got so much enjoyment out of these games, and I remember why I kicked a hole in my bedroom wall. :D

But then I remember almost always playing these games with a friend or two.  If the game wasn't multiplayer, we'd take turns.  Playing these ridiculously challenging games with a friend makes all the difference.  (and if I thought *I* had a temper playing some of these games, some of my friends would put me to shame!)

Not too long ago, my little brother was in town for the weekend and we got a 12-pack of beer and spent ALL NIGHT playing Super Mario Brothers 2.  That was so much fun.  Dying over and over and over and over again and being able to share that misery and laugh at your buddy for making the exact same mistake as what killed you last is what really makes these games entertaining.  Playing them alone doesn't hold nearly the same magic.

Anyway, there's my random rant for the day...

(I still have a SNES pad that's taped together from being thrown at the wall too many times!)

Bernie

This is what I am buying today.  Really excited about a few of them, a couple I only picked up because the price was right.  All games are complete with case and manual.
 :D :D :D :D :D
HU-CARDS

Psycho Chaser 
Saint Dragon 
Paranoia
Space Invaders

CD/Super CD

Super Darius
Avenger
Legion
Might and Magic I with map
Sorcerian 
Populous Promised Land

thesteve

who butchered this one

Fixed it

IMAG0027.jpg IMAG0028.jpg

turbokon

Here are what I picked up since my last post.

IMG_2960.JPG
IMG_3033.JPG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

NecroPhile

More Lego dorkiness for me with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for PSP.  8-[
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

thesteve

alexsduo

I got the Sony V55 autoswitcher, it is like butter...

best $40 ever?

/h158SBV55Ap.jpg
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

JoshTurboTrollX

all for $1 each at a pawn shop-
Sega Bass Fishing (DC)
Sega Fishing controller (DC)
F1ROCII - SNES
Zero Tolerance and Eternal Champions- both complete in boxxlen

no bad fo fy dolla
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

chany60126

I bought/traded some games from my fellow PCFXers. Thank you so much guys!  :)

IMG

Opethian

IMG