OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Quote from: RR1980 on 05/17/2011, 08:59 PMhaha is "jizzed in my  pants" on the lonely island new cd?
That was on their last cd  from early 2009 ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

roflmao

Thanks Bonknuts, Chop5, and Bernielindell!

/IMG_5119.jpg

csgx1

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/17/2011, 04:13 PMDEAL OF THE YEAR...my $21 shipped copy of PC Engine Fan Vol 2. + MOTTEKE TAMAGO!!!  (Sure beats the $300 the last copy on Ebay went for)  :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really?...$300? How much do these usually go for? Wow, great deal for you.=D>  And great news for me cause I have a copy that I got cheap years ago.:dance:

Tatsujin

JEEEEEZ Nec :shock: by teh houly caw =D> =D> =D> =D>

lol, 21 dollarz beats my 3600yens by almost a double! big congrats there bro :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

dingsbums

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/17/2011, 04:13 PMDEAL OF THE YEAR...my $21 shipped copy of PC Engine Fan Vol 2. + MOTTEKE TAMAGO!!!  (Sure beats the $300 the last copy on Ebay went for)  :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
/a7c5ba2c-1.jpg
ARGGGGGGGHHHHH - I'm after this game for about 8 years :?. Please tell me where you got it. Would you sell it ??? I offer 150 USD.

On Topic (Need to come down  :-")
My RGB Mod for the Game Gear finally works  :D
/ga1e.jpg

Games:
/ga222.jpg

I bought the PCE games in one lot - I have no idea how the game in the down-left corner is called  #-o. It's a Game Express game but how is it called ???

alexsduo

Nice RGB Mod!!

The battle lode runner is one of my favorite games, so freeking sweet! 5 player battle is sick!
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

alexsduo

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/01/2010, 02:46 PMFinal Soldier NEW, and teh Faceball
/100_2320.jpg
Is teh faceball for trade or sale????
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

NecroPhile

Quote from: dingsbums on 05/20/2011, 12:11 PMI have no idea how the game in the down-left corner is called  #-o. It's a Game Express game but how is it called ???
That's Idol Hanafuda Fan Club:wink:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: alexsduo on 05/20/2011, 01:34 PMThe battle lode runner is one of my favorite games, so freeking sweet! 5 player battle is sick!
Wears to see that? I see only plain lode runner?!?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

dingsbums

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2011, 06:55 PMThat's Idol Hanafuda Fan Club.  :wink:
Thanks  :P.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/20/2011, 11:03 PMWears to see that? I see only plain lode runner?!?
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Joe Redifer

Picked this up from a local game shop for $10:

IMG

No spine card.  I know, I know... why even bother if it doesn't have the spine card?  I mean, that's what gaming is all about!  Anyway, that's why it was so cheap, no spine card.  Now I just need to get a hold of Xanadu 2.

JoshTurboTrollX

your local game shop rules joe.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

It does.  Too bad it is in Boulder (about a 40 minute drive or so).  They also had Metal Slug 4 for $285 I think (AES).  They also had Metal Slug 5 but I think that was $385.  Can't remember.  Matrimelee and Rage of the Dragons were there I think as well.

Now I need a tutorial or FAQ for Xanadu because it is completely unplayable if you don't know the language. I mean you can wander around and stuff, but I keep buying weapons that are apparently less powerful than the ones being sold at lower prices, I cannot advance, I cannot sleep at an inn, the day lasts like 45 seconds before everyone goes to bed and I do not understand the differences between the colors of memory.  So far the game kinda sucks my anus hole.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/22/2011, 12:02 AMIt does.  Too bad it is in Boulder (about a 40 minute drive or so).  They also had Metal Slug 4 for $285 I think (AES).  They also had Metal Slug 5 but I think that was $385.  Can't remember.  Matrimelee and Rage of the Dragons were there I think as well.

Now I need a tutorial or FAQ for Xanadu because it is completely unplayable if you don't know the language. I mean you can wander around and stuff, but I keep buying weapons that are apparently less powerful than the ones being sold at lower prices, I cannot advance, I cannot sleep at an inn, the day lasts like 45 seconds before everyone goes to bed and I do not understand the differences between the colors of memory.  So far the game kinda sucks my anus hole.
Wish I had a store like that out here in the great corn field.

Joe Redifer

I really don't understand why they don't.

BlueBMW

Ahh you're in Denver aren't you Joe..
  My old romping grounds.  I used to make a game store run each weekend.  There were so many good ones around.  Not sure how it is anymore though.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

Purchased a modded Duo-R along with a ton of CD and Hu-card games.  Got it from D-Lite.  He added some pretty violet LED lights for power on, RCA jacks in the rear, and a region mod.  Plus whatever else he does to em to service them.  Bought a shitload of games from him to go with the package.  I will post pics once it arrives.  I am pretty stoked about this one.  Gonna set it up right next to my PC Engine Duo.  :)

Joe Redifer

BlueBMW... there sure used to be.  Not sure how long it has been since you lived 'round these parts but it has gone downhill with all of the new Gamestops and whatnot.

blueraven

Joe, you just did something massively cool. You picked up arguably the best RPG for the system.

And it was a local catch. I'm impressed.

Joe Redifer

Yeah, I found a FAQ for the first chapter so hopefully that it enough to get me familiar with how the game works to handle the rest on my own.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/22/2011, 05:17 PMBlueBMW... there sure used to be.  Not sure how long it has been since you lived 'round these parts but it has gone downhill with all of the new Gamestops and whatnot.
I was born and raised in Littleton, and lived there til I was 18 (back in 2002) so I used to frequent all the Game Forces and Game Central locations around town.  Actually the Game Force on Broadway just a little ways north of Littleton High School is where I bought my first Turbo Grafx 16 back in 2000 I think.  It was $25 for the system and $5 each for Final Lap Twin, Victory Run and Kieth Courage.  Not sure how many of those stores are still in Business (there were something like 8 or 9 around town I thought)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

Game Force is still around, but the quality varies by store (Game Forces are franchised and have different owners).  Game Force Boulder is by far the biggest and best one.  You could go in there and spend an hour just looking around at all of the stuff.  The employees know their shit, too.  Game Force on Broadway is gone (if you are talking about the one on Broadway and Belleview).  I remember that they had a crusty, booger-ridden copy of NES Contra, cart-only for $50. in their "rare games" section.  I'm sure they used to be better.  They closed and moved west to Coal Mine and Pierce I think.  Still kind of shitty.  Now that store is gone.

BlueBMW

I'll have to remember that next time I'm in town :P   Might be flying out there next month now that they have cheap fares direct Knoxville to Denver.

Joe Redifer

Let me know before you arrive so I can go up and buy all of the good stuff before you get here.  :)

Their TG-16 section is tiny now, mostly Japanese RPGs and sports games.  Sadly those things are hard to come by anywhere.  Poor, neglected PCE.

BlueBMW

Hahaha! :D  I'm sure it wont be the same as it was some 10 years ago, but it will be neat for the nostalgic effect.  There are maybe 4 game stores around here... 3 have jack crap.  the other one has a ton of great stuff, but at double ebay prices.

PunkCryborg

My Laserdisc haul. I also picked up a Pioneer player with the set but it's not in the pics. No LaserActive yet, but maybe down the road. I love movies from the late 70s to early 90s so Laserdiscs are ideal for me. I'll be looking for more Anime, Spaghetti Westerns and Italian Horror films too.
/img5779kf.jpg

Opethian

nice Land before time collection lol
IMG

roflmao

PunkCryborg

BlueBMW

Tatsujin

PCE related:
IMG

Rest:
IMG

The Einhänder taikenban is still sealed :)

RR1980

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/24/2011, 09:09 AMPCE related:
IMG

Rest:
IMG

The Einhänder taikenban is still sealed :)
tats you are a bad worker going pce shopping on the company's dime! hehe j/k

TheClash603

Night Trap is a good example of US cover art being better than the JP release.  The game, although not really good, makes me very nostalgic every time I see it.

RR1980

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2011, 12:31 AMNight Trap is a good example of US cover art being better than the JP release.  The game, although not really good, makes me very nostalgic every time I see it.
yeah Dana Plato was so fresh faced back then.....now she's.....dead?

Tatsujin

Lol night trap was like 100 yens. had me to get that crap for lulz reasons only :lol:

turbogrfxfan

well i got adams family, military madness, a game music disc and a bomberman huey from Henry today.  I cant wait to put the audio on my psp,  I played adams family. its pretty cool.  I like the voice overs and how it relates to the movie.  also the still shots from the movie are cool. 
Im really excited for military madness.  ive only played it on my psp so im looking foward to the big screen
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Sparky

me gots this week... in the mail from tggodfrey loomy and Monster lair, thanks so much man, arrived safe and sound!!!

ALSO got locally some bits and pieces including some Playstation Underground discs which have psx demo games, imports, cheezy videos, all kinds of good stuff on them... me likey :)

IMG

Mathius

Here she is! :D The Star Control II is brand new. I have already completed the game. That's all I have done for the past five days.
/101_0314.jpg

VestCunt

Nice going Mathius, I just got a 3DO too:
IMG
Topic Adjourned.

PunkCryborg

$15 thrift store haul
/img5788t.jpg

Silk screen Marushka print, 8 pin male to female din cord to use as an extender(now I can sit on my couch to play tg-16 games), Genesis games in cases to replace my loose ones, Thunder Force 2 for a friend

and at the bottom is a mystery SNES game. WHAT COULD IT BE???? Ahhh the suspense is killing me, it has a battery so that might eliminate most sports titles. Any guesses before I pop it in??

Mathius

That's a killer line-up Vest! Wing Commander III is FMV done right IMO. :)

DragonmasterDan

Not quite one day, but here is 240.00 worth of stuff bought from Tuesday to today (Thursday)

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Wow D-Dan! Nice! I have never heard of Snow Brothers. Where did you score these? A Chicago retro game store I bet. If so, I am jealous.

geise

Nice haul Dan.  TMNT Turtles in Time, Pocky and Rocky, and Super Adventure Island are up there as some of my favorites on the SNES.  Love the Dragon's Curse and Dead Moon.  I still need to find my copy of Dead Moon.  I feel it's lost forever.  I can't do anything with a box and instructions... :cry:  Have you played Metroid Other M yet?  I actually like it.  Well not the voice acting anyways.  Thought Team Ninja did a pretty good job.

thesteve

parts

parts.jpg

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 05/26/2011, 09:19 PMWow D-Dan! Nice! I have never heard of Snow Brothers. Where did you score these? A Chicago retro game store I bet. If so, I am jealous.
Three different sources, the Turbo games except Dead Moon came from a book store. The SNES and NES stuff and Metroid came from a Play N Trade, Dead Moon was an internet purchase.

I have Snow Bros already (and all other US licensed NES carts), but this was a slight condition upgrade
--DragonmasterDan

blueraven

I haven't seen Snow Bros. in a looong time. Nice score :)

Joe Redifer

Nice 3DO, Mathius.  Better you than me!  Still, be sure to enjoy!  Get Road Rash!

Elabit, your SNES game is Donkey Kong Country.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/27/2011, 02:03 AMNice 3DO, Mathius.  Better you than me!  Still, be sure to enjoy!  Get Road Rash!

Elabit, your SNES game is Donkey Kong Country.
I had Road Rash bitd for the 3DO I had then. Great game, great soundtrack! Owning a 3DO just for Star Control II is valid though. It can't be overstated just how amazing this game is! Anyone who hasn't tried it please download the freeware version at www.sc2.sourceforge.net/ Be sure to get the voice pack along with it.