RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Nice score Dan.  That Snow Bros looks awesome and Dead Moon gets my vote for most underrated TG16 shooter.
Topic Adjourned.

thrush

Yesterday I bought a Dreamcast.  Nothing impressive about this but it is a console I've been wanting to own for many years (already had several games for it), number two on my priority list after the Duo.  ^^

@DragonmasterDan:  I haven't thought of Snow Bros in ages!

PunkCryborg

My mystery SNES game was Sim City. Cool game but I already own it. I was surprised it worked, it was at the bottom of a bin full of random crap and is caked with thrift store filth.

henrycsc

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/25/2011, 08:17 PMwell i got adams family, military madness, a game music disc and a bomberman huey from Henry today.  I cant wait to put the audio on my psp,  I played adams family. its pretty cool.  I like the voice overs and how it relates to the movie.  also the still shots from the movie are cool. 
Im really excited for military madness.  ive only played it on my psp so im looking foward to the big screen
Turbo, I'm glad this shipment at least made it.  Maybe someday Super Raiden will actually turn up, but I'm not holding my breath - damn USPS!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Joe Redifer

IMG

It's weird because the cover is glued to the case, but that's how it comes from the manufacturer.  The instructions are an actual fold-out map thing.  I wonder how many Bulk Slashes were destroyed by people trying to rip the cover off.

Mathius

Never heard of that one Joe. Any good?

Joe Redifer

Yeah, it's like Metal Head on the 32X, only much better.

PunkCryborg

Oh man I love Bulk Slash, you definitely have to try it Mathius, it's one of my favorite Saturn games. It has great music and lots of anime girls and mechs and the mechs aren't too clunky or technical. The last couple of bosses are really hard though and I still can't beat it.

nectarsis

It's been a good weekend for finding teh booble's

/a2b0ed4a-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

turbokon

Finally got a white pce to go with my ifu setup. Got it loose and cheap too:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Bernie

My recent purchase from HitofJapan.  Specially excited about playing Don Doko Don!

/cid__0531111949.jpg

BlueBMW

Very nice bernie! :D

Here's the last few weeks hauls for me.  Surprise  :roll:

Yet another laseractive / pac s10 (back up to 3 units again)
Sonic CD and Ecco CD / Sega Classics
Strip Fighter 2 (lol)
Triad Stone for LA
Turbo Views DVDs
and Iron Soldier 3 for Nuon  :mrgreen:  (thanks Saibot!)

/May30Haul1.jpg
/MAy30Haul2.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

IMG
picked up this broke FDS for dirt cheap and games
after a new belt and an adjustment we are back in business :D
IMG

TheClash603

BlueBMW, Strip Fighter is actually on my want list...  something about horrible fighting games always appealed to me!  That's why I love all of those horrible Famicom pirate MKs and Street Fighters.

Ope, Bio Miracle is a hell of a FDS game.  I have a pirate version on cart with some guy with his penis out (that is apparently famous in Japan), but the game plays really well.

RR1980

wow I don't think I have ever seen a CIB copy of that bio miracle baby game before.

RR1980

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/31/2011, 11:36 PMBlueBMW, Strip Fighter is actually on my want list...  something about horrible fighting games always appealed to me!  That's why I love all of those horrible Famicom pirate MKs and Street Fighters.

Ope, Bio Miracle is a hell of a FDS game.  I have a pirate version on cart with some guy with his penis out (that is apparently famous in Japan), but the game plays really well.
some guy with his penis out = Crayon Shin Chan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayon_Shin-chan

TR0N

Quote from: RR1980 on 06/01/2011, 01:34 AMwow I don't think I have ever seen a CIB copy of that bio miracle baby game before.
On disk,realy it's not to uncommon to find it cib that way but on cartridge it's realy rare and commands a high price.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

some akiba bargainlers:
/p1110800.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

bartre

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/31/2011, 09:04 PMYet another laseractive / pac s10 (back up to 3 units again)
Damn, man!
don't those things take up a lot of room?
anyway, I got my copy of loom this week, and tomorrow I'm picking up the last 2 mega man games i need on NES (1 and 6)

BlueBMW

Quote from: bartre on 06/01/2011, 03:13 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/31/2011, 09:04 PMYet another laseractive / pac s10 (back up to 3 units again)
Damn, man!
don't those things take up a lot of room?
anyway, I got my copy of loom this week, and tomorrow I'm picking up the last 2 mega man games i need on NES (1 and 6)
They stack nicely :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

RoyVegas

Oldskool playing the new addition to the mini arcade.

IMG
All is well. :)

Bernie

Small purchase today, but still a goodie!!   :D

/cid__0601111911.jpg

Tatsujin

Quote from: bernielindell on 06/01/2011, 07:15 PMSmall purchase today, but still a goodie!!   :D
Lol, it's one of the best eva!!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sparky

nice hauls there bernie, beamer and opes!!!  :shock:

For me i got in the mail a pce Godyzilla from my buddy beamer :) and i also found in the wild some Dreamcast games, a couple were decent titles.......oh and a Street Fighter II VCD to watch for shits and giggles.

IMG

Bernie

Awesome Sparky!  I am gonna be looking for that Godzilla one soon.

DirkFunk

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-sealed-Wonder-Boy-4-PC-Engine-Turbo-Duo-CD-ROM-/390318645831?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5ae0cde247

I actually grabbed this a few days ago. I've bought a few games off this guy (I'm guessing some of you guys have too), they were kind of dirty. I figured this is sealed, and I'm gonna open it to play anyhow.

I find it interesting it isn't listed as Dynastic Hero.

roflmao

I've been meaning to make one of these posts for awhile so this is about a weeks worth of stuff. :P  First, I'll start with teh OBEY stuff:

IMG

Found Raiden Trad and R-Type DX at a local used bookstore for $5 ea.  Also stumbled across another copy of Military Madness, which I'll be trading for other OBEY goodness one of these days...

IMG

Received a couple more Chopsados today (Thanks again Chop5!).  Now I can leave one on my Arcade Card Pro and use these for HuCards.  Now on to teh non-obey:

IMG

I've been looking for a copy of Galactic Attack on the cheap for the Saturn for awhile and picked up this lot off ebay for $18 shipped!  Galactic Attack is pure awesome.  The Street Fighter Collection is pretty sweet as well.  Perhaps the diamond in the rough was Skull Fang, though.  That game is insane!  Awesome, challenging shooter.  These all came loose, and I really wish Skull Fang came with a manual (even though it's a Japanese import game) because when I watch the demo I see the ship doing all sorts of crazy things that I haven't figured out how to do yet.  I guess I'll have to hit up gamefaqs or youtube.

IMG
IMG

Last, and least, I picked this up at a neighborhood garage sale over the weekend for my boy.  The neighbors just gave it to me so I thought that was a pretty good find.  The little one loves it.  The wife, not so much. :)

Opethian

IMG

dingsbums

The PCB is Tech Romancer.

/stu1901x676694x521.jpg

BlueBMW

Another haul in this week:

A boxed Genny 1 and some genny games...
A spiffy old (NIB) joystick that works with basically everything but TG16/PCE.... that will be corrected ASAP!
And lastly, a big green golf ball.  A buddy I work with sold me the car after he got his insurance money for the hail damage it incurred.  Runs perfect, drives perfect, just has dings.  Whoopie!  It'll be a perfect driver while I do the motor swap on my BMW.  And at $1500, I cant complain.

/GennyHaul.jpg
/BS2.jpg
/Merc1.jpg

Opethian

IMG

PunkCryborg

BlueBMW

Quote from: elabit on 06/05/2011, 06:43 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 06/05/2011, 06:00 PMbeamer and this green machine :D
His new name is TealBenz
:lol: its only a temporary car while I do the motor swap on the BMW  :twisted:  Then I'll trade it for a complete copy of Magical Chase  :roll:

Tatsujin

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/05/2011, 06:54 PM
Quote from: elabit on 06/05/2011, 06:43 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 06/05/2011, 06:00 PMbeamer and this green machine :D
His new name is TealBenz
:lol: its only a temporary car while I do the motor swap on the BMW  :twisted:  Then I'll trade it for a complete copy of Magical Chase  :roll:
HAHAHA!! :lol:

Sparky

nice BlueBMW :)
for me i got this little beauty... works perfect from 1982 :)

IMG

Mathius

I remember seeing those around back in first grade. Always wanted one.

roflmao

Awesome.  When I was a kid I had one like that but it was Pac Man.  It was actually in the shape of Pac Man, though, not a little cabinet.  Man, I wish I still had that. :)

grahf

The other day I picked up another copy of Alien Crash, and a CD-ROM2. I asked the lady if it was for sale, and she ended up giving it to me for free. The disk didn't spin, so I figured it was junk. It turns out the the center "demon" gear was still 100% intact, just frozen.  I ended up freeing up the gears with cooking oil, and lubricated everything with margarine. I bullshit you not. I didn't expect the thing to work anyway, but it purred like a kitten. Of course i'll clean it up and lubricate it with something less edible in the future.

It was probably only 50% new (60% tops) when I got it, but this thing is at LEAST 85% new now.

IMG

roflmao

Mathius

Don't you mean 85% saturated fat? :)

thesteve

Bernie

Got my purchases from D-Lite today.  A region modded Duo-R with violet LED lights added for power on, along with RCA jacks added to the rear,  and 16 games. 

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

roflmao

DirkFunk

Quote from: bernielindell on 06/08/2011, 02:47 PMGot my purchases from D-Lite today.  A region modded Duo-R with violet LED lights added for power on, along with RCA jacks added to the rear,  and 16 games. 
Dang. That's wicked.

I want Ninja Gaiden!

RR1980

wow nice haul bernie! that white controller is so sparkling white! and Cotton and Jackie Chan are awesome games!

VestCunt

Yeah, good call on picking up the affordable version of Cotton.  Populous and Space Invaders are sleepers, but awesome too.
Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Quote from: grahf on 06/07/2011, 10:13 PMOf course i'll clean it up and lubricate it with something less edible in the future.
Don't worry, microscopic bacteria and cockroaches don't eat margarine, so I'd say it's "edible" status is questionable.  Probably closer to car wax.  :wink:
Topic Adjourned.

grahf

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2011, 03:03 AM
Quote from: grahf on 06/07/2011, 10:13 PMOf course i'll clean it up and lubricate it with something less edible in the future.
Don't worry, microscopic bacteria and cockroaches don't eat margarine, so I'd say it's "edible" status is questionable.  Probably closer to car wax.  :wink:
Ha, that's true. Some kinds of oil are likely to make plastic brittle though, so I'm worried about those gears in the....... oh wait.

blueraven

Quote from: grahf on 06/09/2011, 09:09 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2011, 03:03 AM
Don't worry, microscopic bacteria and cockroaches don't eat margarine, so I'd say it's "edible" status is questionable.  Probably closer to car wax.  :wink:
Ha, that's true. Some kinds of oil are likely to make plastic brittle though, so I'm worried about those gears in the....... oh wait.
The margarine/vegetable oil will eventually rot.

I've advised against the "Crisco Method" before, and recommend a non-water based silicone grease.

And, yes, if you leave a tub of the stuff open in your garage, the flies won't go near it.

But hey, if it works, :lol:

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: grahf on 06/07/2011, 10:13 PMThe other day I picked up another copy of Alien Crash, and a CD-ROM2. I asked the lady if it was for sale, and she ended up giving it to me for free. The disk didn't spin, so I figured it was junk. It turns out the the center "demon" gear was still 100% intact, just frozen.  I ended up freeing up the gears with cooking oil, and lubricated everything with margarine. I bullshit you not. I didn't expect the thing to work anyway, but it purred like a kitten. Of course i'll clean it up and lubricate it with something less edible in the future.

It was probably only 50% new (60% tops) when I got it, but this thing is at LEAST 85% new now.

IMG
So this means you will be playing CD-Rom2 games instead of HuCards only? Lol, I remember you telling me you were interested in HuCard games only and me being confused as to why. Definitely start with something like Wind/Lords of Thunder. BTW, my Duo is still running like a champ and in new condition. I have owned it for like 10 years now. To be honest I only put 4 years average on it.