RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grahf

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 06/10/2011, 04:30 AMSo this means you will be playing CD-Rom2 games instead of HuCards only? Lol, I remember you telling me you were interested in HuCard games only and me being confused as to why.
Well I've always had a duo, and have a ton of CD-ROM2 games.  I just said that out of the few games that are available in both formats, I prefer to have the Hucard version. I kinda dislike optical media in general due to how fragile it is, but it's necessary if you want to play some of the best games on the PC Engine. I know my Hucards will probably still work in 50  years, but I worry about my CDs.

Everyone has lost a CD at one time or another due to a random scratch. Even without scratches, longevity is not assured. Case in point: I have two copies of Cosmic Fantasy 1, and both have laser rot. It's rare on CDs, but does happen. Not to mention the actual CD drives themselves....   Anyway, there's no sense worrying about it.

chany60126

Not gaming related, but I picked up some sealed Ninja Turtles action figures for a buck or two each at an estate sale yesterday. Never knew they made trekkie turtles :lol:

IMG

Mathius

nectarsis

Not bad at all for $4 shipped brand spanky new  :dance: :dance:

/56ff5043-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Ha ha classic Nectarsis! Archy always reminds me of my dad.

PunkCryborg

Awesome Chany I still have the Donatello Dracula. I will never get rid of my Ninja Turtles!

chany60126

Haha! Same here. I still have a toychest filled with ninja turtles toys. The monster edition of the turtles are very cool, they also glow in the dark.

dingsbums

Finally we can enjoy our coffee in style  :P .
/cups901x676.jpg

rag-time4

Quote from: bernielindell on 06/08/2011, 02:47 PMGot my purchases from D-Lite today.  A region modded Duo-R with violet LED lights added for power on, along with RCA jacks added to the rear,  and 16 games. 
Is Dean still selling games? I don't see any listed on his website.

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

love your fresh, and your so ever blurry pics :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

grahf

I came across one of the ASCII sticks the other day for ¥200 (about $2.50!). It's basically the equivalent of the NES Advantage, which was also an ASCII stick. It's an OK joystick, but I think I'll mod it with a Sanwa stick.

It works OK, but even joysticks aren't safe from the dreaded "bad capacitor plague"! It acts super funky when it's cold. The turbo fire takes a second to start... turboing when you press the button. And weirdest of all, the UP direction doesn't work unless you press the II button first! If you hold the II button in for a second, UP will work for about 5 seconds. After it warms up for a few minutes everything works perfectly, which tells me that the caps are dry.

IMG

thesteve

my pcfx finely arrived monday.
I bought this non working pcfx ages ago and just got it.
got it running last nite

Joe Redifer

Is that stick made by ASCII?  Is the NES advantage also made by ASCII?  I know Camerica made a knock-off.

Mathius

A solid haul which includes my first ever Super Grafx game! :dance:

/105_0362.jpg

roflmao

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2011, 09:49 PMWow, very nice.
Yeah! Can you believe that I waited this long to get Dragon's Curse? I have almost beaten the damn thing and I just got it! That only happens with the very best of games. I usually switch off from game to game throughout the day. Not this one. :wink:

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Mathius on 06/16/2011, 12:06 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/15/2011, 09:49 PMWow, very nice.
Yeah! Can you believe that I waited this long to get Dragon's Curse? I have almost beaten the damn thing and I just got it! That only happens with the very best of games. I usually switch off from game to game throughout the day. Not this one. :wink:
Yeah I just got my Demon's curse about a month ago. Can't believe I've never played this great game till now, especially after owning a snes since new

Bernie

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/11/2011, 03:54 PM
Quote from: bernielindell on 06/08/2011, 02:47 PMGot my purchases from D-Lite today.  A region modded Duo-R with violet LED lights added for power on, along with RCA jacks added to the rear,  and 16 games. 
Is Dean still selling games? I don't see any listed on his website.
Yep, he is still selling.  I guess just send him some sort of request with what you are looking for.

BlueBMW

Ok, this month's been a bit unusual... I've got a ton of stuff in.  Its seemed like every day something new shows up lol.  I'll just post links to pics since I dont want to flood the thread and kill bandwidth :lol:

A pile of Genny games, a few Turbobs, a pair of some neat looking animeish DVDs, and finally an Earthbound for snes lol.
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June1.jpg

A CDi with some games :lol:
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June2.jpg

A JPN Saturn and a JVC Xeye  (Thanks OldSchoolGamer!)
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June3.jpg

A Wonderswan Color with some games and the last game to complete my US Nuon Set, Tetris
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June4.jpg

A few more Turbob games!
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June5.jpg

JPN Saturn games!
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June6.jpg

MORE JPN Saturn games! :shock:
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June7.jpg

AND MORE JPN Saturn games!! :shock: :shock:  And Border Down for Dreamcast
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June8.jpg

And Lastly, a replacement PSP 2000 (since I traded my last one) and some PSP accessories!
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Video%20Game%20Stuff/June9.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Nice Bemby!! I need more Japanese Saturn games! All I have is Sexy Parodius. Also, what did you give for Border Down?

BlueBMW

All the JPN saturn stuff.. the xeye, wonderswan and border down came from oldschoolgamer.  It was a cash / trade deal so its hard to say exactly what I paid for border down.  Though I know that during negotiations that Border down wasn't considered cheap.

Edited for mistypes (stupid phone!)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/17/2011, 12:27 AMAll the JpN saturb stuff.. the xeye, wonderswan and border down game from oldschoolgamer.  It was a cash / trade deal so its hard to say exactly what I paid for border down.  Though I know thatvuring negotiations that Border down wasn't considered cheap.
I bet! I'd love to get my hands on a copy plus get a Japanese Dreamcast someday. BTW- I have that same exact Saturn pad and it is nearly the best controller on the face of the earth!

grahf

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/15/2011, 01:17 PMIs that stick made by ASCII?  Is the NES advantage also made by ASCII?  I know Camerica made a knock-off.
Yeah, this one has an ASCII logo behind the stick ball. It's my understanding that ASCII made the Advantage, but I never verified it myself. ACSII's logo is right on the front of the Super Advantage though.

alexsduo

I found a Hudson 5 tap adapter for Snes... It is probably the closest thing to TG that I have found whilst thrifting!

Anyone ever find cool TG stuff at thrift/garage sales?
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

PunkCryborg

Quote from: alexsduo on 06/17/2011, 12:45 PMI found a Hudson 5 tap adapter for Snes... It is probably the closest thing to TG that I have found whilst thrifting!

Anyone ever find cool TG stuff at thrift/garage sales?
I hit up a thrift store/flea market/garage sale at least once a day for the past couple of years and I've found 2 TG-16's, one TV Sports Football and World Court Tennis

blueraven

PS1 SCPH-1200 last week for $4. I really needed a controller.

geise

bunch of clothes from Express Men.  Needed some more shirts and pants for work.  Kinda sad it's been over a year since I've done any clothes shopping for myself.  Now since I have new threads I can get back to buying games again haha.

DragonmasterDan

Today I got this after about an hour of driving each way.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

Also know as kabuki quantum fighter.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PunkCryborg

Kabuki Quantum fighter is very fun and challenging, it is one of my favorite NES games. At the end it leaves you hanging with a "see you soon in the next episode" or something but sadly there was never a sequel. Nice Votoms score too, I haven't watched that in years

RR1980

nice! I was just thinking about that Kabuki game when I was playing the ACD Strider the other day cause the weapon in that kabuki game is kinda similar to the weapon in strider

PunkCryborg

sorry for the bad cell phone pics..
Game store was closing so everything was 50% off and couldn't let these get in the hands of the bad guys. They were on the phone with a reseller so I nabbed what I could.
/img00186201106172033.jpg
/img00185201106172032.jpg
/img00184201106172031.jpg
/img00187201106191141.jpg

Opethian

fuck yea King of New York!! wonder if Poolhall Junkies exists on LD?
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: TR0N on 06/19/2011, 04:17 AMAlso know as kabuki quantum fighter.
/kbqf.png
/tlandmvsc3.png
/atvdvd.png
KILLER nab on the Votoms dvd's
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

Found a working Glacier GameBoy Advance at a garage sale for $5.

BlueBMW

My items from Thibaut arrived today!  whoo!

/ThibautHaul.jpg

Tatsujin

WOW, bemby buys US stuff from Europe :D

BlueBMW

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/20/2011, 08:30 PMWOW, bemby buys US stuff from Europe :D
That's because buying US stuff from the US has gotten prohibitively expensive.... case in point:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Grafx-16-CD-SUPER-SYSTEM-CARD-No-Reserve-/270757278682

Mine was less than half that shipped, and its complete!   #-o

TheClash603

CAMP CALIFORNIA!  Top 5 game on the system that gets no respect.

Listen to the soundtrack as you play, and you'll be in gaming heaven.

Opethian

IMG

blueraven

Tatsujin

Mathius

That is one fine pic of goodies there Bemby! Brought a tear to my eye.

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/19/2011, 06:04 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/19/2011, 04:17 AMAlso know as kabuki quantum fighter.
IMG
IMG
IMG
KILLER nab on the Votoms dvd's
Thanks the votoms serise is definitely a anime classic they don't make them like that any more.It's one serise i been meaning to get but never have,luckly for me i was able to get it as a set from a seller on ebay.
IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

War Pig

My new arrivals from Thibaut. 

This is the box it came in.......lol.

IMG

IMG

And fortunately the undamaged goods.  Both sweet ass upgrades for me since I only had the hu for each.

Sealed Legend of Hero Tonma
IMG

Boxed Bonk 3
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: elabit on 06/19/2011, 11:37 AM. Nice Votoms score too, I haven't watched that in years
Yeah votoms is a serise i ment to check out years ago but i never did.Still i was,able to get it as a set from a seller on ebay even though it's no longer in print.Btw have you seen the votoms ova it came out last year in jpn and it looks to update the story but i haven't heard if it will....reach the u.s or not.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Damn, is that box made out of 100% tape?  Who is Thigh Butt?