Operation Rainfall: The Nintendo of America Localization Persuasion Initiative

Started by Mathius, 06/26/2011, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mathius

This probably won't work but please click this link, read the story, and add your voice. Games like Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story shouldn't be left behind through sheer Nintendo brand ignorance.

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2011/06/operation-rainfall-nintendo-of-america.html

rag-time4

Mathius, thanks for posting. Im most interested in last story, and would definitely buy it right away if it was released here.

Mathius

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/27/2011, 12:17 AMMathius, thanks for posting. Im most interested in last story, and would definitely buy it right away if it was released here.
Not a problem! With the Wii in its twilight years we don't have much time left to strongarm the Big N into giving the fans what they want. But, at the same time we all know how stubborn they can be. Case in point, the Mother series.

thrush

I read about this yesterday on rpgamer.com but didn't see a direct link on their article.  Thanks!

TheClash603


Mathius


Bernie

Nintendo lost me long ago with their crappy RPG releases here in the states.  If we want good RPG games here,we have to buy the handheld machines.  Thats fine with me, but I really would like to see some of those games on my Wii as well ya know? Lots of games get released on both consoles, why not the Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest series as well?  :(

DragonmasterDan

Even if Nintendo themselves don't pick these games up, it's very possible that this initiative will draw the attention of Xseed, XS maybe even Atlus or NIS and cause someone else to pick up some of these games for a US release. Xenoblade has an especially high chance since an English version is being released in Europe and that localization could be licensed.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/30/2011, 09:42 AMEven if Nintendo themselves don't pick these games up, it's very possible that this initiative will draw the attention of Xseed, XS maybe even Atlus or NIS and cause someone else to pick up some of these games for a US release. Xenoblade has an especially high chance since an English version is being released in Europe and that localization could be licensed.
I never thought of that! Maybe they'll step in and do what Nintenwon't.

Joe Redifer


Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/30/2011, 08:25 PMMay I ask why this is called Operation Rainfall?
I am guessing it means something to the effect of showering Nintendo in a torrential downpour of requests. ...Just a guess.

Mathius

Some fair-minded YT backlash concerning Nintendo's treading on Operation Rainfall.

TheClash603

I assume that Nintendo will have to sell a hell of a lot more games than the Amazon pre-orders to turn a profit, considering these are all games that would cost a bunch to localize.

However, for the ones which are already slated for Europe, then no releasing them here seems a bit foolish at this point.  Even if there was a loss on these games, it probably wouldn't be too large, and would help avoid this PR nightmare.

Mathius

A PR nightmare this definitely is.

I am convinced that the president of Nintendo woke up a few mornings back and mumbled to himself with a mouth full of toothpaste, "Today I am going to do everything in my power to destroy my company's relationship with that Mathius character from pcengine-fx.com. The more he longs for the rosy days of old, the further I am going shove this newfangled doohickey controller up his nostalgia scented poop-shoot! Bam! " <<<spits out toothpaste>>>

Mathius

Sign the petition to localize Xenoblade, The Last Story & Pandora's Tower
kNIGHTWING01

Joe Redifer

I just don't care about the Wii enough to care about this issue.  Just let it die.  In fact, I thought it was dead two years ago.  I can't believe people actually still care about it.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/01/2011, 12:22 PMI just don't care about the Wii enough to care about this issue.  Just let it die.  In fact, I thought it was dead two years ago.  I can't believe people actually still care about it. 
That's a good enough reason to try our best to get these last few good games to the states. Your right though! The Wii has been dead for a while now (with the exception of some interesting VC releases). But it's the only current gen Nintendo console we have at the moment. I say what have we got to lose? :)

Joe Redifer

I thought they stopped doing Virtual Console... at least for non-Nintendo stuff.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/01/2011, 03:39 PMI thought they stopped doing Virtual Console... at least for non-Nintendo stuff.
Third party stuff still comes out.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

An informed rant by neverchris on YT about the whole debacle.

TR0N

Kwing is trying mathius at least.

I'll sign it,but the last story and xenoblade will probably become a victm of nintendo being ignorant again like what happen with mother 3.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 07/02/2011, 06:20 AMKwing is trying mathius at least.

I'll sign it,but the last story and xenoblade will probably become a victm of nintendo being ignorant again like what happen with mother 3.
Yeah he is. I didn't mean anything negative by my post. :)

TheClash603

Quote from: TR0N on 07/02/2011, 06:20 AMKwing is trying mathius at least.

I'll sign it,but the last story and xenoblade will probably become a victm of nintendo being ignorant again like what happen with mother 3.
Mother 3 :(

Took me years to forget about that, and now you remind me.

TR0N

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/02/2011, 04:11 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/02/2011, 06:20 AMKwing is trying mathius at least.

I'll sign it,but the last story and xenoblade will probably become a victm of nintendo being ignorant again like what happen with mother 3.
Mother 3 :(

Took me years to forget about that, and now you remind me.
Yeah mother 3 fans made a fuss and yet reggie just ignore it.

Still there is a fan translation of mother 3 and noa knows and never was bother about it.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius


Mathius


esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

rag-time4


TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 12/02/2011, 11:21 PMSuccess! :D
I heard that is good news kind of late to release but better then nothing.

Now if noa could be convince to release the last story here,though i been thinking about importing the europe version when it hit's.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Xenoblade Chronicles will be a limited release and available only through GameStop unfortunately. I bit the bullet and pre-ordered it. I advise anyone who cares to buy the game to help show Nintendo that its fans know a thing or two more than they give us credit for.

BlueBMW

Uuhhg.. gamestop?? Really???  Bah!  I hate to feed those scoundrels one thin dime!  But in this case I may have to give in...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/03/2011, 12:37 PMUuhhg.. gamestop?? Really???  Bah!  I hate to feed those scoundrels one thin dime!  But in this case I may have to give in...
That's why I had to "bite the bullet." :wink: I feel the same way. I would much rather pay the developers directly than hand over anything to a bunch of corporate suits that care nothing for gamers or the industry. I am not sure why Nintendo would choose GameStop over, well, just about anywhere else.

SMF

Its prolly easier for NOA to do this this release a killer app on the Wii. Hope they ain't planning Xenoblade for Wii release and The other 2 for Wii U? Be a shitty thing to do but a smart marketing move.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Mathius on 12/03/2011, 01:06 PMI am not sure why Nintendo would choose GameStop over, well, just about anywhere else.
Because its the only game shop left? That's probably why.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 12/03/2011, 07:43 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/03/2011, 01:06 PMI am not sure why Nintendo would choose GameStop over, well, just about anywhere else.
Because its the only game shop left? That's probably why.
Best Buy, Amazon, or even Walmart would have been preferable. :)

SMF

Quote from: Mathius on 12/03/2011, 10:24 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 12/03/2011, 07:43 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/03/2011, 01:06 PMI am not sure why Nintendo would choose GameStop over, well, just about anywhere else.
Because its the only game shop left? That's probably why.
Best Buy, Amazon, or even Walmart would have been preferable. :)
YES anythings better then Gamestop. As soon as you walk in its PREORDER THE NEW HALO OR GEARS. They think they know games. WHY cause they try to shove Game Enformer down your throat with that crappy discount card. I would rather spend my day at a Used Car Dealership then try to talk games with these morons.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SignOfZeta

Don't get me wrong, I fucking hate Gamestop, but there really should be a "game store" where you can trade in stuff, buy overpriced LEs and fighting sticks, etc. If you leave everything to Walmart you'll have a hard time buying anything that isn't NASCAR or Big Buck Fucker 2012. Department stores have zero selection, Amazon has no retail locations.
IMG

munchiaz

cant you also purchase it from nintendo.com when it comes out. I think i read that somewhere? Anyway i'm really happy this is coming out. i Was super close to putting custom firmware (again....did it for tatsunoko vs capcom jap) on my wii and importing the pal version

Nazi NecroPhile

Quote from: Mathius on 12/03/2011, 01:06 PMI am not sure why Nintendo would choose GameStop over, well, just about anywhere else.
GameStop probably offered them a certain number of guaranteed sales.  Hate on 'em all you want (they generally deserve it), but in this case they're surely a big reason this game is coming to the US.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 12/05/2011, 01:30 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/03/2011, 01:06 PMI am not sure why Nintendo would choose GameStop over, well, just about anywhere else.
GameStop probably offered them a certain number of guaranteed sales.  Hate on 'em all you want (they generally deserve it), but in this case they're surely a big reason this game is coming to the US.
If that is the case then I would certainly give credit where credit is due. Thanks GameStop.

...you're board of directors are still dingleberries though.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: SMF on 12/03/2011, 01:13 PMIts prolly easier for NOA to do this this release a killer app on the Wii. Hope they ain't planning Xenoblade for Wii release and The other 2 for Wii U? Be a shitty thing to do but a smart marketing move.
I kinda doubt that will happen because porting them to another system would take more time and effort. If Xenoblade sells well then the other 2 will come on the wii.

SMF

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 12/05/2011, 09:59 PM
Quote from: SMF on 12/03/2011, 01:13 PMIts prolly easier for NOA to do this this release a killer app on the Wii. Hope they ain't planning Xenoblade for Wii release and The other 2 for Wii U? Be a shitty thing to do but a smart marketing move.
I kinda doubt that will happen because porting them to another system would take more time and effort. If Xenoblade sells well then the other 2 will come on the wii.
O I deff agree, For 2 reasons. 1 Nintendo is worried about saving the 3DS and not have another Virtual Boy release. 2 Wii U is in development. Nintendo can't sit and develop a new killer 1st party app for the Wii. Its prolly easier to port 3 games then make a new game that's not shovelware. You have thousands of fans begging you for these 3 games. Easy money if your Nintendo.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

munchiaz

Yeah i think the other 2 games will see releases if xenoblade sells well. I just bought a 3ds i would be pissed if it went the way of the virtua boy. I think they need to realize that not every game needs to use 3d. The 3DS has 2 screen. Take advantage of the fact that the ps vita will not have 2 screens.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 12/03/2011, 10:24 PMBest Buy, Amazon, or even Walmart would have been preferable. :)
I hate GameStop, with that said. Wal-Mart? Are you kidding me?

I hate even going near a Wal-Mart. Here's my average experience at Wal-Mart, as I step over the trash litered outside towards the door while dodging abandoned shopping carts, I make my way to the entrance. A one armed greeter waves his stump at me and says "Welcome to Wal-Mart". As I watch my step to avoid stepping into a puddle of what I hope is only lemonade. If I actually find something I want to buy, the extensive lines hold up my buying progress as everyone is trying to buy cigarettes with food stamps confounding the cashiers. I feel dirty just walking near that place. Yuck!
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/06/2011, 12:04 AMI just bought a 3ds i would be pissed if it went the way of the virtua boy. I think they need to realize that not every game needs to use 3d. The 3DS has 2 screen. Take advantage of the fact that the ps vita will not have 2 screens.
In one year on the market the sales of the original DS were 8,692,355 units globally. The 3DS has been out for less than a year as of November 27th the 3DS has sold 8,856,615. Meaning it's already sold better in 8 or so months on the market than the original DS did in its first whole year. I suspect that by years end Nintendo will have sold at least 10 million units, quite possibly more.

While it didn't take off as quickly as expected, especially with its price point being higher than expected initially, with big games like Mario Land 3D, Mario Kart and others out, Nintendo clearly has this going in the right direction, and people also forget that the original DS didn't take off like a rocket on the marketplace either.
--DragonmasterDan

munchiaz

^ yeah i remember the DS wasnt to hot when it first hit the stores. I didn't pick one up until they released the red mario kart packin version

nectarsis

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/07/2011, 10:52 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 12/06/2011, 12:04 AMI just bought a 3ds i would be pissed if it went the way of the virtua boy. I think they need to realize that not every game needs to use 3d. The 3DS has 2 screen. Take advantage of the fact that the ps vita will not have 2 screens.
In one year on the market the sales of the original DS were 8,692,355 units globally. The 3DS has been out for less than a year as of November 27th the 3DS has sold 8,856,615. Meaning it's already sold better in 8 or so months on the market than the original DS did in its first whole year. I suspect that by years end Nintendo will have sold at least 10 million units, quite possibly more.

While it didn't take off as quickly as expected, especially with its price point being higher than expected initially, with big games like Mario Land 3D, Mario Kart and others out, Nintendo clearly has this going in the right direction, and people also forget that the original DS didn't take off like a rocket on the marketplace either.
The MASSIVE price drop was probably a bigger deal in sales ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SMF

Quote from: nectarsis on 12/07/2011, 09:58 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/07/2011, 10:52 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 12/06/2011, 12:04 AMI just bought a 3ds i would be pissed if it went the way of the virtua boy. I think they need to realize that not every game needs to use 3d. The 3DS has 2 screen. Take advantage of the fact that the ps vita will not have 2 screens.
In one year on the market the sales of the original DS were 8,692,355 units globally. The 3DS has been out for less than a year as of November 27th the 3DS has sold 8,856,615. Meaning it's already sold better in 8 or so months on the market than the original DS did in its first whole year. I suspect that by years end Nintendo will have sold at least 10 million units, quite possibly more.

While it didn't take off as quickly as expected, especially with its price point being higher than expected initially, with big games like Mario Land 3D, Mario Kart and others out, Nintendo clearly has this going in the right direction, and people also forget that the original DS didn't take off like a rocket on the marketplace either.
The MASSIVE price drop was probably a bigger deal in sales ;)
O you better believe it, I mean how do you increase sales 10 fold? By releasing a limited edition Zelda 3DS and OOT 3D with it for $199. To me that was the perfect time to buy and invest in a 3DS. Rite off the bat you have OOT, Mario and Star Fox to keep you busy till Dec 7th when Mario Kart comes out and you grab that. By the time you've played or beat the 4 games Res Evil and Kid Icarus is set to come out. Just wait untill a real Pokemon 3D game gets released the system will sell 500,000 more systems just for Pokemon alone.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

TheClash603

Hate to say it, but 3DS is my most played system right now.  It works perfect cause my girlfriend can watch TV and I can play it on the couch.

munchiaz

I picked up the zelda bundle 3ds. i havent picked up any games for it yet. I think im getting mario kart for xmas and that will keep me busy for months.