10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

Quote from: Mishran on 08/10/2011, 01:04 PMJust now traded a pawn shop owner two NES pads which I paid four buck for the pair at a Goodwill and five dollars cash for a new in box Acemore Super Stick for my Turbo. Not sure if it was a good deal or not, but it goes well with the new in box Super Stick I bought at a flea market last year for $3. Aside from the grinding and squeaking the stick makes when you move it around, I think the controller works rather well. Box has seen better days though.
Nice pick-ups! Both the Acemore Superstick and Beeshu Ultimate Superstick are hard to find and rarely pop up on ebay. Great collectors pieces to have of which very few people talk about here. I think I paid between $15-20 for CIB each so you definitely did well. I am not fond of either controller. The stick on the Acemore is a little too rigid for my tastes and the beeshu stick is a little flimsy. But the latter is one sexy looking controller. Out of all of the T-16 controllers, the Turbo Stick is still my fave.

TR0N

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/10/2011, 06:57 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 08/10/2011, 01:41 AMVictory or death !! Man borderdown is hard though  :shock:
/dcandpceimport.png
/ps2andps3lot.png
Psychonauts is a great pick-up as well.
Yeah psychonauts is great very underrated game from the last gen of consoles.I hope one day it get's a sequel tim schafer has been quoted that he like to,make one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sleepy Gnome

My main man Dalder send me this boom parcel from the states and it arrived recently. Managed to get a few games I've after for a while, plus copped a few of the cheaper ones he was offering to make it my best TG bundle to date. Cant wait to get some time and sit down with a few beers and a lot of spare time and play these.

I am most looking forward to Neutopia and Splatter house. Never played either before so i'm popping my cherry here folkes.

Thats it for me, no more TG purchases until I time find to play the ones I got already!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Dalder.

IMG

16bit

Quote from: Sleepy Gnome on 08/11/2011, 05:11 PMMy main man Dalder send me this boom parcel from the states and it arrived recently. Managed to get a few games I've after for a while, plus copped a few of the cheaper ones he was offering to make it my best TG bundle to date. Cant wait to get some time and sit down with a few beers and a lot of spare time and play these.

I am most looking forward to Neutopia and Splatter house. Never played either before so i'm popping my cherry here folkes.

Thats it for me, no more TG purchases until I time find to play the ones I got already!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Dalder.

IMG
Great haul Gnome! Order of the Griffon is a ton of fun and an underrated classic. It gets addictive, and you'll spend hours playing it...at least I did!

SuperDeadite

Pop Quiz Hot Shot!  One of these games is pure shit, do you know which one?

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

BlueBMW

Time Gal sucks hardcore.... I'd play Quiz over it any time  [-(

I think that hual qualifies as an EPIC HAUL.  Congrats on finding the crown jewel!  =D>
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

Time Gal and Zanac [AI] damn that one monty haul///
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/12/2011, 09:02 AMPop Quiz Hot Shot!  One of these games is pure shit, do you know which one?

IMG
I am quite envious of both your Time Gal and Road Blaster.
--DragonmasterDan

thesteve

my ceramic 10uf 16V caps.
silver caps shown for comparison.
ceramic 10.jpg ceramic 10 bunch.jpg

Opethian

IMG
fixed my F1XDJ with this one. Now to fix the keyboard in this guy :D
IMG

Dalder

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/12/2011, 09:02 AMPop Quiz Hot Shot!  One of these games is pure shit, do you know which one?

IMG
Wow damn congrats on Time Gal !!! I need that one !!! how much was it ? I have several extra laseractive games for sale or trade myself...

Dalder

Quote from: Opethian on 08/12/2011, 05:27 PMIMG
fixed my F1XDJ with this one. Now to fix the keyboard in this guy :D
That is a beauty !!! I have 3 MSX myself (one is unboxed MSX 1 by Sony 1 is boxed Panasonic MSX 2 and one unboxed Panasonic MSX 2 )

MSX ROCKS !!!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Dalder on 08/12/2011, 09:45 PMWow damn congrats on Time Gal !!! I need that one !!! how much was it ? I have several extra laseractive games for sale or trade myself...
Which LA games have you got? :P   I cant remember the exact price SuperDeadite paid, but I know he's been after that game for a LONG time now :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Dalder on 08/12/2011, 09:45 PM

IMG
Wow damn congrats on Time Gal !!! I need that one !!! how much was it ? I have several extra laseractive games for sale or trade myself...
TG was 68,000yen.  Best price I've ever seen on one, and this copy could pass for brand new.

Lilgrafx

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Dalder on 08/12/2011, 09:46 PMWow damn congrats on Time Gal !!! I need that one !!! how much was it ? I have several extra laseractive games for sale or trade myself...
I'm also interested in knowing which extra LA games you have.
--DragonmasterDan

Dalder

EXTRA LaserActive Games I have are...

Don Quixote (Brand New Still Sealed)
I Will Complete
Rocket Coaster Complete
Space Berserker
Hyperion
Hi-Roller Battle (Missing Instruction sheets)
The Great Pyramid (Missing Instruction sheets)

Also I have these
Goku Brand New Sealed will trade for opened one with

something else or $
3D Museum (Japanese version) I want to get the USA one I

will trade some extra or throw in $

EXTRA LaserActive Hardware
Karaoke Pac
Sega Module
NEC TurboGrafx Module BOXED Brand New but box is SoSo

LaserActive Stuff I want !
Time Gal !!!
PC Module
3D Googles !!!
3D Museum (US Version)
Some OBI spines for these titles
Don  Quixote (I know I can open my brand new one) LOL
JB Chicago Blues

BlueBMW

Made a little road trip today to pick this up!  $20* off ebay, and about $50 in fuel to get it home.  Sold to me as "not working"

Got it home, powered it on... heard sound but no picture.  Found a wire loose on the back of the screen, resoldered it and got picture again.  The picture is fuzzy most of the time, so probably time for a cap change on the screen board.  The controls are worn out, so they'll need replacement.  And lastly the coin mech was all jammed up with $3 in quarters and other coinage hehe.  Fixed that.  So for $17, we have an almost fully functional single slot MVS conversion cab! :D  Came with Magical Drop 2 lol.

/MVSCab1.jpg
/MVSCab3.jpg

SuperDeadite

Mathius

Wow, Bemby what a steal, er deal! :shock:

Opethian

IMG

Joe Redifer

Damn that's nice.  Thank god for stupid people.  A friend of mine recently bought a $300 Dyson vacuum for $50 because it "had no suction".  He got it home, went to the troubleshooting section of the manual, opened up what it said to and removed 2 pine cones and 3 army men.  Works fine.  I hope to deal with a stupid person someday.  :)

Tatsujin

nice bemb, I had almost the same cab back in the days. also got it from a game shop, for teh cheap because the picture shifted. sure I knew it's just the V-sync pot which had to be adjusted.
so the prob was fixed in less than 5 seconds :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/13/2011, 07:45 PMMade a little road trip today to pick this up!  $20* off ebay, and about $50 in fuel to get it home.  Sold to me as "not working"

Got it home, powered it on... heard sound but no picture.  Found a wire loose on the back of the screen, resoldered it and got picture again.  The picture is fuzzy most of the time, so probably time for a cap change on the screen board.  The controls are worn out, so they'll need replacement.  And lastly the coin mech was all jammed up with $3 in quarters and other coinage hehe.  Fixed that.  So for $17, we have an almost fully functional single slot MVS conversion cab! :D  Came with Magical Drop 2 lol.

/MVSCab1.jpg
/MVSCab3.jpg
You sir got a steal.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Time Gal is the hole in my LA collection.  One of these days...  but congrats to you SuperDeadite!

Sparky

nice beams, was worth the trip!!!

well for me i am way behind since work eh tres busy...

Sooo i got this a few weeks ago but its worth the post... from Beamer US godzillia (thanks man so much) and also a surprise package from a buddy of mine for my new truck/suv.... yes a large pair of blue truck nuts ..lol...there veining bitches i must say :P. The rest i got locally and dont laugh at "Cloudy with a Chance of Meat balls" the game is actually really good and my daughter and i play coop  8)

IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

yeah, whats about that pair of blue nuts up there?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/14/2011, 10:32 PMyeah, whats about that pair of blue nuts up there?
Oh it's an American thing. I live in the Midwest and I see them swaying underneath many a truck.

BlueBMW

I see WAY too many of them here in Tennessee... :-k  It was funny until EVERYONE had them on their truck.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/14/2011, 11:13 PMI see WAY too many of them here in Tennessee... :-k  It was funny until EVERYONE had them on their truck.
No doubt.

bartre

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/13/2011, 07:45 PMIMG
damn!
i wish i could get a cab that cheap, been lookin for an MVS cab for a while, cheapest i've ever found for one with a good board set was $350.
congrats!

Tatsujin

lol, where do they put 'em? and for exactly what purpose? :lol:

JapanTokei

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/14/2011, 04:01 AMDamn that's nice.  Thank god for stupid people.  A friend of mine recently bought a $300 Dyson vacuum for $50 because it "had no suction".  He got it home, went to the troubleshooting section of the manual, opened up what it said to and removed 2 pine cones and 3 army men.  Works fine.  I hope to deal with a stupid person someday.  :)
mmmhahahhah, that is hilarious Joe R!!  Army Men!  no joke?

JapanTokei

since I'm rarely able to get on here, and happen to have my camera out snapping pics of the bulk items I selling on the Tg/Duo/Megadrive threads, I figured I'll snap a pic of my duo-babies (get it, duo?  ... lame I know.. haha)

sad thing is I never actually opened these, as I figured I wont until I have time to play it.. now with my kiddo on the way, these 2 will stay that way for a while...

IMG
IMG

Opethian

IMG

JapanTokei

just curious I looked up my old records on how much I spent on these 2 bazzys.. man, I was really hot/insane for them...
 $265.80 USD avg each for both from last year.  (44,685 yen).. yikes!  how did I even talk my wifey into it?  can't remember..

OPE - btw, I talked to Blue Beamer.  He and I worked out a trade for my bundle but I told him to hook you up for the Soldier Blade - contact him :)  He said he'll hook you up!  I guess this is the best win-win-win situation for us all.  :)   

Quote from: Opethian on 08/15/2011, 10:24 AMdouble bazzy in stereo @_@

majors

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/13/2011, 07:45 PMMade a little road trip today to pick this up!  $20* off ebay
Nice. Grab a new flyback/cap kit, some Happs super8's and comp buttons you'll be good to go. Looks like a Dynamo cab...does the control panel flip down and slide out? Did someone drill the "A" button? I bet is has 6-on-the-face factory button holes below the plexy.

That is some butt simple wiring, but's all there...transformer, fliter, fuse and PSU.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

BlueBMW

I've found buttons and caps but where can I get a replacement flyback?

NecroPhile

Nice Bazzys, J.T.  Is that a mouse pad in the middle?  That'd be a cool thing to have on my desk, but I'm running XP so it probably wouldn't work.  :)

majors

TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Opethian

IMG

yea bob roberts is the man! he has alot of great arcade parts!!

just got this board in recently...I bet Tats can recognize it :D
IMG

Tatsujin

Oh lol, and shure I can. One of the best shewties of ever!! konkrats dude :D

lol, bob roberts?

IMG

Mathius

Senshi

It says "Raizing" at the bottom? according to google that must be the manufacturer
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Opethian

IMG

liquitek

It's Mahou Daisakusen a.k.a. Sorcer Striker  :D

Mathius

Paul

recently purchased a PC Engine Core Grafx system (with blue lettering), blaster joypad, and 2 games (tiger road, and jinmu densho)

pics coming soon

NecroPhile

Red Dwarf VIII showed up in my mailbox yesterday - now this smeghead has 'em all.  8)