RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

Too bad they don't come in black..  =/
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/06/2011, 01:02 PMToo bad they don't come in black..  =/
You could always waste some time and a magic marker
--DragonmasterDan

UglyJoe

IMG

I was fully expecting to lose this auction a few seconds before it ended, but nobody else ended up bidding.  Button-mashing fun arriving at my door (in like 3 weeks from now...).

JoshTurboTrollX

won a 32 gb mini SD card off eBay for $7!

they actually make 'em that big?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/06/2011, 02:15 PMwon a 32 gb mini SD card off eBay for $7!

they actually make 'em that big?
That's what she said!
-MG

blueraven

Tuition, and coffee. :shock:

I'm going to be broke for days.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: blueraven on 10/06/2011, 03:16 PMTuition, and coffee. :shock:

I'm going to be broke for days.
must've been a hell of a coffee!  O_O
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

UglyJoe, that controller for the Hyper Sports/Olympics games is AWESOME!  The spring loaded buttons are the best for that kind of game ever made.  I pull that controller out every now and then, it's a ton of fun.

Opethian

IMG
IMG

Cant find any info on these games? Anyone have a clue :D
IMG

munchiaz

My brother just moved down from buffalo NY to Arizona and  brought me some of my old collection, and i also bought some stuff from him.

IMG

IMG

IMG

nectarsis

A new PS3 game for $20, great front page article, and new shirt from the coolest ballplayer ever....it's been a good day  :dance: :dance:

/f916a329-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

didnt realize that collection was out on US I gotta snag that one!
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: Opethian on 10/08/2011, 10:15 PMdidnt realize that collection was out on US I gotta snag that one!
Was on sale for $25 (from $40) at Best Buy....prob ends today, not totally sure though.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

thesteve

got DE today (thanks Mishran)

got an AD724JR encoder ic.

TheClash603

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/08/2011, 10:18 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 10/08/2011, 10:15 PMdidnt realize that collection was out on US I gotta snag that one!
Was on sale for $25 (from $40) at Best Buy....prob ends today, not totally sure though.
Thanks for the sale heads up, probably just snagged it in time (Sunday 3:27 AM).  Was going to wait because I am a little behind on my new games, but at that price, it can sit on my shelf for a little bit.

BlueBMW

The highlights of this month's hauls:

/OctoberHauly.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

MotherGunner

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/09/2011, 03:28 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 10/08/2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the sale heads up, probably just snagged it in time (Sunday 3:27 AM).  Was going to wait because I am a little behind on my new games, but at that price, it can sit on my shelf for a little bit.
Sale started Sunday as far as I can tell.  It is still on sale and will most likely run till Sat before the next Sunday Ad.  Nice haul Blue!
-MG

henrycsc

Sylphia  =D&gt;
I'm not so sure about those others though, no Battle Ace?  :lol:
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

JoshTurboTrollX

sunk my teeth in a couple good eBay deals-
Avenue Pad for $20.  Blast three button pce pad for $14.  Legend of Xanadu for $8.

Can't wait till those packages come in the mail!!

JapanTokei

Enjoy the Sylphie Beamer!  Im at airport now heading back.  Got your games too btw :)

Opethian

Beamer I got a case for that SB card! dont let me forget!
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Opethian on 10/13/2011, 07:28 PMBeamer I got a case for that SB card! dont let me forget!
That lot hasnt made it in yet, so no hurry :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sparky

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/13/2011, 01:29 AMThe highlights of this month's hauls:
nice beams!!! i have those 3 superdupergrafx games as well... good times!!!

roflmao

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/13/2011, 01:29 AMThe highlights of this month's hauls:
Wow, what a haul! 

I was just watching a review of Sylphia by TheGreenMonkeyKing (The same guy that runs retrogamecave.com) - it looks like a pretty unique shooter.

BlueBMW

Its not a bad shooter at all really.  Though its hard to say if it justifies its high price tag or not... :-k

Opethian

its pretty easy on normal difficulty. and its Tonkin Haus!
IMG

Bernie

Not console related, but just as exciting.  Bought my lovely wife a new Nikon camera.  :)
IMG

chany60126

Recent additions to the family:
IMG

Opethian

IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: bernielindell on 10/14/2011, 11:15 AMNot console related, but just as exciting.  Bought my lovely wife a new Nikon camera.  :)
HAWT!!!  =P~

I'm talking about the camera! geez!  O:) :-"

MotherGunner

Careful Blue, Bernie looks like he's quite the workout stud!   :D
-MG

BlueBMW

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/14/2011, 09:42 PMCareful Blue, Bernie looks like he's quite the workout stud!   :D
Hehe, yeah he could probably give me the beatdown for sure :P

Sorry bernie, dont pound me!  8-[

Mishran

He might look tough, but he's probably just a big teddy bear at heart... :P

JapanTokei

Beamer - I sent that huge lot via Parcel post on the same day... should reach you in a few more days if haven't already.  I just got back... damn long flight that had me connect thru Moscow!!  good to be home. 

I'll upload pics later - but I got DE2, Bloody Wolf, Cadash from Beam, and US Cotton from Hoobs !!

BlueBMW

Looong flight!  Hopefully it was a good time for you visiting the states!

Opethian

IMG

final seamail haul from japan Yen exchange isnt worth it anymore :(
IMG

TheClash603

chany60126

Metal Slug X!! I played the heck out of that game on the PS1. It is a great port and I love the combat school mode.

JapanTokei

Madou Monogatari on Saturn?  how is that?  OPE you are addicted to Madou aren't you!  :)

munchiaz

Some stuff i picked up recently. Thanks to keith courage for the R-types.

IMG

Opethian

Tokei is rocks! its actually a turnbase RPG rather than a dungeon crawler its pretty rad!!
IMG

Lilgrafx

Went to a local game store and picked up some games

32X(All boxed): World Series Baseball, Space Harrier, Virtua Racing, and Zaxxon Motherbase 2000.

NES: Kirby's Adventure and Karnov

SNES: Mr. Do and Mr. Nutz

BlueBMW

Isnt 32X world series baseball kind of a pricey title complete?  I seem to remember that it and spiderman were the two expensive US 32X titles.

Damaramu

Posted this on a couple of other game-centric forums a few days ago:

Today, I picked up a minty non-TMSS High Definition Graphics Genesis for $14.99 at a local shop.

This baby looked like it came straight out of the box with nary a scrape or scratch. The power button has a nice solid click when you power it on and the volume slider is nice and firm (no button wiggle).

/genesisfind.jpg

PunkCryborg

Cool Bangai-O Spirits!
Damaramu that sega looks great but why do people want the non TMSS model? what difference does it make seeing the little warning screen or whatever it is?

PunkCryborg

My dirt mall (flea market) pick ups today
/photo9wa.jpg

The Galaxian works great too and is surprisingly fun!
Played some Faceball with my friend tonight, it's ok but I wanna try out the PCE version.

Mathius

The soundchip on the first generation model 1 Genesis has superior sound quality compared to the other models.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Model 1 is the better sounding IMO. Here is MN12BIRD's video that offers more info.
I am not sure how some of those YTers commenting on the first vid can argue that the model 2 is better. I understand what they are saying, but hearing both samples the model 1 sounds much clearer.

Joe Redifer

Youtubers just like to troll.  Experience with the subject of discussion is not necessary.  They also are over-dramatic about everything.  I learned this a few days ago when someone accused us for "fucking up" by not including the shitty Vectorman games in our run and gun video.