10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

Quote from: dingsbums on 10/21/2011, 03:21 PMFor the Sonic game: The PCB is not working at the moment (it starts fine, demo mode is working but as soon as you deposit a coin & press start the game crashes  :cry:
I assume it's the damn suicide battery and I need to get decrypted roms for this game. Is anybody on here who has these roms & can burn them for me please ???
Your battery is alive and fine.  When Sega suicide batteries die the processor can't even read the ROM chips, meaning you get a black screen of nothing.  Your game boots, so the crash means something else is wrong with it.  What I have no idea, but I'd personally start by reseating all those sub boards myself.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

not a bad suggestion and also check the voltage lines you may have too much or too little.
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/20/2011, 08:35 PMThis arrived today!  Wooo!

/NeoGeo/SunsetRiders.jpg
Nice one BMW, Sunset Riders is one of the best ever!

sirhcman

This is what I've bought over the past few months.. Quality not quantity :)

/games1.jpg

BlueBMW

Definitely some quality there! :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

IMG
Mati I gave up my Sharp Twin for this Sharp Twin ^_____^
IMG

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sleepy Gnome

been after this jawn for a while, now i just need my duo to arrive from mr courage and i can get stuck in!

IMG

munchiaz

^ defone of the nexts games i wanna get for my collection.

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 10/23/2011, 02:10 PMIMG
Mati I gave up my Sharp Twin for this Sharp Twin ^_____^
Woah! :shock:

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

roflmao

I picked these up at a local used book (and other stuff) store yesterday.

IMG

Both games are pretty fun, but right now I'm favoring Tiger-Heli.  Is Star Force related to the Star Soldier series?  It feels awfully reminiscent of Star Soldier on the NES (minus the lack of powerups).   I love the happy tunes.

Mathius

Star Force does have a lot of similarities to Star Soldier but they are unrelated. Tiger Heli was developed by our friends at Toaplan makers of Tatsujin/Truxton, Ultimate Tiger (PCE), Batsugun, Sky Shark, etc.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/16/2011, 11:39 AMIsnt 32X world series baseball kind of a pricey title complete?  I seem to remember that it and spiderman were the two expensive US 32X titles.
I picked it up for buck thinking it was a worthless sports game and was shocked when I got home and saw only one was listed on ebay for $90.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 10/23/2011, 10:16 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/16/2011, 11:39 AMIsnt 32X world series baseball kind of a pricey title complete?  I seem to remember that it and spiderman were the two expensive US 32X titles.
I picked it up for buck thinking it was a worthless sports game and was shocked when I got home and saw only one was listed on ebay for $90.
Yeah I cant explain why, but it's always pricey!

finerion

Got a pretty solid haul of strategy guides on the cheap from my first visit to a thrift store I discovered. You can check out the full pickups video here:

http://www.thealfredeffect.com/?p=822
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

RR1980

ope did you get that from lingjr from ebay!? is it 85% new? hehe

henrycsc

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Opethian

hahah no lingjr is overpriced. I would like a Sharp PCE pad someday for it
IMG

nectarsis

Over the last 2-3 weeks.

/85928c18.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

chany60126

Final Fantasy IV!! I just finished that on the SNES. What a great story.

nectarsis

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/24/2011, 04:41 PMFinal Fantasy IV!! I just finished that on the SNES. What a great story.
I got it mainly for The After Years, and the new interlude connecting the original,and the new.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/21/2011, 10:37 PMHeres what i got today.

IMG

IMG

IMG
Nice, I have the same clear Neo-Geo Pocket.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

So yeah, this arcade cabinet bug... when it bites, it bites hard and wont let go...

Today's arrival:

/SoulCalibur.jpg

Soul Calibur, the only fighter I've ever really liked lol.

Opethian

awesome scoops beamer! now you need to wire up that extended JAMMA if you want to block lol
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Opethian on 10/24/2011, 08:27 PMawesome scoops beamer! now you need to wire up that extended JAMMA if you want to block lol
Psshh... I'm so good, I dont need to block...   :roll:  #-o

SuperDeadite

Soul Caliber eh?  I was always under the impression that the game was totally overhauled
for the DC release.  Like the graphics were greatly improved, let me know if there's truth to this.

Opethian

IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/24/2011, 09:11 PMSoul Caliber eh?  I was always under the impression that the game was totally overhauled
for the DC release.  Like the graphics were greatly improved, let me know if there's truth to this.
I believe you are correct.  The DC version apparently has 3d rendered mid backgrounds while the arcade version is static flat backgrounds.

Joe Redifer

Actually doesn't the arcade Soul Calibur have a bit more 3D than the DC?

Opethian

IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/24/2011, 10:12 PMActually doesn't the arcade Soul Calibur have a bit more 3D than the DC?
We will find out soon! :P

Mathius

Wow you two! Ope, is that first board what I think it is???

Tatsujin

Graphic wise: Soul Farklibur DC >>>>>>> Soul Farklibur Arcade

Almost 3 Lightyears between :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Gogan

Speaking of arcade bug....$50 on craislist

IMG

The board isnt powering up, but the audio pcb and monitor does. Thinking it's a power supply issue. The player 1 joystick had sunk into the machine (already fixed). But for $50, it's a steal.
Nothin beats the real thing.

JapanTokei

Dude ope and beam u guys are hardcore witb all the arcade pcbs!!  I feel inferior with just my hueys (not really, only kidding).  Im tryingto downsize these days so i cant imqgine what its like to have all these aracde cabinets lying around..  Ha.   Would def not fly with the crampd living style i. Asia pacific for sure.  I will have to do with my pce :).

I did manage to finally get an upscale scart to hdmi convrrtor on my us trip and tried out my doujindance modded scsrt duo i picked up last year finally.  It failed at 1080, but 720 works.  Though with notable audio lag that i found if i reroutrd to a sepearare amp instead of hdmi audio, it becomes non noticable.  My sister was in town last week and it was freqking fun plqying bonanza brothers and bomberman with her on the 37inch hd tv.  Talking about reliving the childhood- we used to do bomberman all the time.

Any of you guys know other ways to improve the upscale hdmi lag issues?  beams- any hardware trickery you know since ur the master at this ;) ??

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/25/2011, 03:44 PMIm tryingto downsize these days so i cant imqgine what its like to have all these aracde cabinets lying around.. 
I would imagine it would be a lot like how Ricky Stratton lived. heh

IMG

Basically, it would be awesome.  8)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

allyourblood

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2011, 12:14 PMThis is what I've bought over the past few months.. Quality not quantity :)
And you bought Caddyshack... so you got that goin' for you.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

SuperDeadite

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/25/2011, 03:44 PMDude ope and beam u guys are hardcore witb all the arcade pcbs!!  I feel inferior with just my hueys (not really, only kidding).  Im tryingto downsize these days so i cant imqgine what its like to have all these aracde cabinets lying around..  Ha.   Would def not fly with the crampd living style i. Asia pacific for sure.  I will have to do with my pce :).

I did manage to finally get an upscale scart to hdmi convrrtor on my us trip and tried out my doujindance modded scsrt duo i picked up last year finally.  It failed at 1080, but 720 works.  Though with notable audio lag that i found if i reroutrd to a sepearare amp instead of hdmi audio, it becomes non noticable.  My sister was in town last week and it was freqking fun plqying bonanza brothers and bomberman with her on the 37inch hd tv.  Talking about reliving the childhood- we used to do bomberman all the time.

Any of you guys know other ways to improve the upscale hdmi lag issues?  beams- any hardware trickery you know since ur the master at this ;) ??
Converting analog to digital will always give lag.  Best to use analog to analog.  Meaning, RGB-> VGA.  Get an XRGB.  Lagless and beautiful.

UglyJoe

Got my Core Grafx II yesterday!  (Controller and AC Adapter and AV cable not shown...)

IMG

chany60126

Bikkuriman World!! One of my favorite platformers on the PC Engine. :)

bartre

new zealand story is freakin awesome, i wish i could play my copy...

hoobs88

IMG
I was looking for Franken Berry or Boo Berry cereal for Halloween but came across this limited edition Pebbles cereal instead.

allyourblood

Quote from: hoobs88 on 10/26/2011, 11:25 PMIMG
I was looking for Franken Berry or Boo Berry cereal for Halloween but came across this limited edition Pebbles cereal instead.
The flavor sounds disgusting, but that makes me think it tastes awesome. How is it??
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

hoobs88

I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow and let you know. I haven't been disappointed with any of the Pebbles cereal yet.

Mathius

Try looking at Meijer. I got two boxes each of Frankenberry, Boo Berry, and Count Chocula on Sunday. Couldn't believe it!

finerion

Quote from: UglyJoe on 10/26/2011, 09:28 PMGot my Core Grafx II yesterday! 
Grats on the Core Grafx II UglyJoe! Need to find one myself one of these days. :)
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 10/27/2011, 12:04 AMTry looking at Meijer. I got two boxes each of Frankenberry, Boo Berry, and Count Chocula on Sunday. Couldn't believe it!
This is the time of year to find it. However, Fruit Brute is permanently out of circulation.
--DragonmasterDan

hoobs88

Quote from: Mathius on 10/27/2011, 12:04 AM
Try looking at Meijer. I got two boxes each of Frankenberry, Boo Berry, and Count Chocula on Sunday. Couldn't believe it!
I've never even heard of Meijer. For the past 2 years, I found the Monster cereals at Target but I haven't been around there lately. I stopped at Big Y and Wal-Mart with no success.

The Pebbles Boulders had a strong Caramel Apple scent as I openend the box and poured the cereal into my bowl. It definitely tasted like caramel apple but it was weird having it be crunchy in cereal form.

JapanTokei

Hoobs Meijers is a chain in the midwest.  I got to know about it when i went to college at the univ of michigan ann arbor.  As students we aleays drove there to pickup stuff.  I remeber even using the now defunct priceline bid-ur-own price card there to get gas and groceries!!!  My how fast times go by.  At least TG/pCe is eternal awesomeness :)