The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

I figured it was either out west or down south. Us New Englanders lead sheltered lives from many fine establishments found in those areas.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

JapanTokei

Did you have shoprite there hoobs?  I lived in NY burbs as a kid at that was the big chain there in the days.

hoobs88

We had Shop Rite but they all went out of business. Here's a short list of gems that we lack: Chick-Fil-A, Sonic, Waffle House, Steak N Shake, In and Out Burger.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

A_Locomotive

I bought a copy of Blazing Lazers. :)

Mathius

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 10/28/2011, 12:29 AMI bought a copy of Blazing Lazers. :)
For an opening post that's a mighty fine choice of words. Welcome! :)

Sparky

Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2011, 12:38 AM
Quote from: A_Locomotive on 10/28/2011, 12:29 AMI bought a copy of Blazing Lazers. :)
yes!! welcome plus 2

A_Locomotive

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2011, 01:20 AM
yes!! welcome plus 2
Thanks you. :) I've been really digging my TG16 since I got it earlier this year, just recently traded some stuff for Bonks Revenge and Ordyne, both of which have been eating up a lot of my spare time. :P And figured I'd join the site since I've heard it mentioned numerous times over at AtariAge and what better place to get recommendations on games then a forum dedicated to the subject. At the moment I'm really hoping my next buy will be a region modded Duo-R sometime in the near future. I found the site of a guy who sells him but sadly haven't heard from him in a while. :/

Mathius

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 10/28/2011, 02:24 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/28/2011, 01:20 AM
yes!! welcome plus 2
Thanks you. :) I've been really digging my TG16 since I got it earlier this year, just recently traded some stuff for Bonks Revenge and Ordyne, both of which have been eating up a lot of my spare time. :P And figured I'd join the site since I've heard it mentioned numerous times over at AtariAge and what better place to get recommendations on games then a forum dedicated to the subject. At the moment I'm really hoping my next buy will be a region modded Duo-R sometime in the near future. I found the site of a guy who sells him but sadly haven't heard from him in a while. :/
There are a few guys on here that deal in Duo-Rs. Post a WTB thread in the PC Engine sales forum. I recommend a guy that goes by the name Keith Courage.

machomadness

I bought the first two DVD sets of "Turbo Views". I love his reviews and I cannot wait to see the special features.

Quote from: hoobs88 on 10/27/2011, 10:22 PMWe had Shop Rite but they all went out of business. Here's a short list of gems that we lack: Chick-Fil-A, Sonic, Waffle House, Steak N Shake, In and Out Burger.
I live in Jersey and we have ShitRites up the ass. We also have Sonic(FINALLY) and if one opens up near you, GO! They are HIGHLY recommended! I wish we had a Waffle House over here. I'm a wrestling fan(obviously) and I've heard NUMEROUS stories about that place.....
IMG

A_Locomotive

Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2011, 02:42 AMThere are a few guys on here that deal in Duo-Rs. Post a WTB thread in the PC Engine sales forum. I recommend a guy that goes by the name Keith Courage.
Awesome thanks, I'll do just that.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/27/2011, 06:50 PMHoobs Meijers is a chain in the midwest.  I got to know about it when i went to college at the univ of michigan ann arbor.  As students we aleays drove there to pickup stuff.  I remeber even using the now defunct priceline bid-ur-own price card there to get gas and groceries!!!  My how fast times go by.  At least TG/pCe is eternal awesomeness :)
I went to an Ultra Food grocery store near my house. They had Franken Berry and Boo Berry on display.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Turbokarma has been in overdrive this month.  Deals have been hitting left and right.... lowball bids have somehow won auctions.... I'm not sure what's going on but deal after deal is going well.  Here's some recent stuff that came in:

Most of it is from that large lot that was for sale a while back.  The second boxed duo was a "broken" one from ebay.. ended up being a bad video cable... :|

Please no PMs on the stuff yet, as I'm still deciding how to and what to trade / sell / give away of that lot.

/HOLYHAULY.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Mathius

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

nice blue. i thought the stuff i found today was nice. (got a loose copy of lords of thunder, and star parodier) ill have pics later.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/29/2011, 11:17 PMFeeling guilty :(
Na, Bemby, you shouldn't feel guilty. These Duos are in loving hands and very generous hands. :)

chany60126

Talk about sensory overload! :shock: Nice pile of obey beamer! Lovin' the boxed games.

Glad to see you picked up Nam-1975! It is one of my top 5 faves on the Neo Geo. Not many games out there like this.

TheClash603

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/30/2011, 12:16 AMGlad to see you picked up Nam-1975! It is one of my top 5 faves on the Neo Geo. Not many games out there like this.
To each his own...

JapanTokei

thrush

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/29/2011, 09:51 PMThe second boxed duo was a "broken" one from ebay.. ended up being a bad video cable... :|
Ha, that's kinda funny!  And, that is one impressive photo.  ^__^b

machomadness

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/29/2011, 09:51 PMTurbokarma has been in overdrive this month.  Deals have been hitting left and right.... lowball bids have somehow won auctions.... I'm not sure what's going on but deal after deal is going well.  Here's some recent stuff that came in:

Most of it is from that large lot that was for sale a while back.  The second boxed duo was a "broken" one from ebay.. ended up being a bad video cable... :|

Please no PMs on the stuff yet, as I'm still deciding how to and what to trade / sell / give away of that lot.

IMG
WOW!  :shock: You, my friend, are one lucky motherfu....

IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Is there is Neo Geo PAC for the LaserActive?  There should be.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/31/2011, 01:30 AMIs there is Neo Geo PAC for the LaserActive?  There should be.
Would be awesome, but sadly the PAC slot is actually smaller then a Neo Cart...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/31/2011, 06:21 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/31/2011, 01:30 AMIs there is Neo Geo PAC for the LaserActive?  There should be.
Would be awesome, but sadly the PAC slot is actually smaller then a Neo Cart...
That sounds like a far more ambitious mod than me painting a Duo Tap with a LA logo.

sirhcman

Couple of good deals on ebay items that I picked up recently :)

IMG

JapanTokei

Really? I kept on seeing this go for 100+.  Did you get a BIN steal somehow?

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2011, 01:12 PMCouple of good deals on ebay items that I picked up recently :)

IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/31/2011, 02:34 PMReally? I kept on seeing this go for 100+.  Did you get a BIN steal somehow?
Yea.. I got it really cheap, much much less than "the going rate" on ebay.... :)

dingsbums

I couldn't find a sign anywhere so I made one myself  :)
/36600823.jpg

closer look
/19134515.jpg

games
/65945682.jpg

Sleepy Gnome

It was love at first sight when this little lot turned up from Mr Courage... Cant play it though as I failed to buy a power plug converter thing in time. will order one now.

cheers Keith.

IMG

SuperPlay

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Opethian

Sleepy: you live in UK or something?
IMG

Sleepy Gnome

munchiaz

my recent pickups. got most these from members of this forum

IMG

Opethian

nice Strider Deuce! I recently got the PCB its pretty much the same game with no load times lol
IMG

munchiaz

^ yeah i saw that in your previous post. Pretty awesome

NecroPhile

From Windy and 16bit: Anearth Fantasy Stories, Chew-Man-Fu, Chiki Chiki Boys, Cosmic Fantasy 4 - Chapter 2, Devil's Crush, Dragon's Curse, Emerald Dragon, Godzilla, Iga Ninden Gaou, Jim Power, Moto Roader, Psychosis, Super Volleyball, Valis 3, Veigues Tactical Gladiator, VolfieV, Xak I & II, and Xak III - The Eternal Recurrence.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

this week:
fixed a Hitatchi Saturn, Dungeon Explorer II&nbsp; (thanks Windy), KOF 2003
IMG

chany60126

Nice KOF, Ope! Is that for AES or MVS?

SuperDeadite

Joe Redifer

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/02/2011, 11:13 PMWhat the hell is that?
I was thinking the same thing! :lol:

...what is that pink monstrosity???

thesteve

BlueBMW

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/02/2011, 11:13 PMWhat the hell is that?
Super Cassette Vision Lady's Set.  If you haven't heard of this you are clearly an N64 fanatic.

Opethian

Nice superD you have a console that matches your purse :D
IMG

RR1980

haha it looks like something my mom used to own in the 80s hehe

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/03/2011, 05:55 AMSuper Cassette Vision Lady's Set.  If you haven't heard of this you are clearly an N64 fanatic.
I take it the only difference between it and a regular Super Casette Vision is the color scheme?
--DragonmasterDan