The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPlay

Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/09/2011, 07:12 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/09/2011, 06:47 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 11/09/2011, 03:34 PMWow, I didn't know they tried to make it look like an old style case with a spine card.  Did anyone else do that?
Did it actually come with a spine card or was it just made to look like one?
Well spotted,  I have never thought of this layout being an attempt at duplicating the look of a spine card.  This is only on the back of the case and it does not continue to the front cover.

/capture2ub.jpg

Many of the later Hu Card games came in clear backed cases and had similar artwork.  For example Bomberman '93

/captureaoc.jpg

Opethian

the reason it (resembles a spine card) is that the bar code is not present on the round back stick so its on the spine card like CD games in jewel cases.
IMG

SuperPlay

Tatsujin

Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/09/2011, 07:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/09/2011, 07:15 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/09/2011, 07:12 PMDid it actually come with a spine card or was it just made to look like one?
I think SF2' is the only huey to come with a spine.
So this isn't a real spine? What about Populous?
yeah, populous is the 2nd one. so that makes lil two in total.

the MC fan edition has no real spine. it just comes in the generic jewel case like all the newer hueys.

here a lil pic of mines :)

/magicalchaseall.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Senshi

Tat's you Show off  :P

My much anticipated arrival. Dog was not included.  :P He was kind enough to provide himself for scaling so you could see how obnoxious it is...lol  :lol:

/img00217201111111435.jpg
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

TheClash603

I'd like to get the GBC Magical Chase, but that's too much $$$$

Joe Redifer

TheClash603

I preorded that game, I thought it came out Sunday?

Joe Redifer

It does.  It arrived in stores today (obviously won't arrive on Sunday and Saturday deliveries cost extra) and I know a guy.  It's a good game for sure.  Maybe a bit slow and the butt-stomp is gone, but otherwise it's pretty much what you'd expect.

I don't really understand Nintendo's Sunday fetish.

munchiaz

^ yea its weird how its on Sunday. the best part about it though is the game has to be shipped early. so you dont have to wait for places to get there shipments on Tuesdays. Also 24 hour stores (like walmart) might have them out at mid night on Sunday.

Mishran

Skyrim for 360. Got it yesterday, but was too busy playing to think about posting. This game is so =P~ worthy...

A_Locomotive

Picked up two CDs tonight at a show. First is by the band The Stars, its titled either Mill or Will, its written so strangely I can't tell. lol The other is a split cd between 9dw and Boris called Golden Dance Classics. Took a gamble(a rather expensive one at that since they are imports) since I've never heard any music from either CD but am familiar with everyone but 9dw so I'm guessing they are gonna be fantastic. :P

TR0N

Quote from: Mishran on 11/12/2011, 03:18 AMSkyrim for 360. Got it yesterday, but was too busy playing to think about posting. This game is so =P~ worthy...
Is it worth a try for any one that's new to the serise ? Just asking,since i never played one befor and i'm all most finshed my frist run on dark souls.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/12/2011, 01:08 AMI don't really understand Nintendo's Sunday fetish.
My understanding is that it's so that they can make sure that stores even in the most remote of areas in the US will all have received their shipments and will be ready to "launch".
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Opie came up to visit for some repair and we finished up some trading.  His poor car had to haul all this up here!

/OpieHaul1.jpg
/OpieHaul2.jpg
/OpieHaul3.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

A Wondermega?  Hell, what did you give him? Does it have s-video?

Opethian

yes it does have native S-video and RCA stereo
this unit was also region modded for CD and cart games and overclockmod for cart games

if anyone remembers Jose (SonofX51) before he flaked he did good work and this was one of those units.
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/12/2011, 08:21 PMA Wondermega?  Hell, what did you give him? Does it have s-video?
Ope got the mother of all Laseractives in this deal.... sega + nec pacs, AND RGB modded.... post some pics ope!

Also, now that this deal is done, the Laseractive collection will be headed Game Sack's way soon!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

IMG

nectarsis

Let's see some pics of teh Hudson book ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

pcesupergrafx

I got.......Last Imperial Prince!

munchiaz

picked this stuff up today. I was able to fix my ps3. stupid yellow light of death. i hope it stays fixed

IMG

TR0N

IMG
/assortlot1.png
If any body wounders what that sega genesis device is at the bottom it's the everdrive flashcart.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

sirhcman

Samurai Ghost

I've got a ton of hardware coming this week, but these just arrived.
Another Shuttle and a DUO-R (works perfectly).

s9.postimage.org/3qysb2f9r/duor.jpg

sirhcman

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 11/24/2011, 08:41 AMI've got a ton of hardware coming this week, but these just arrived.
Another Shuttle and a DUO-R (works perfectly).
Nice pickups!!!

munchiaz

what i have picked up since the site was down

IMG
IMG

Opethian

IMG

A_Locomotive

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/13/2011, 03:05 AMpicked this stuff up today. I was able to fix my ps3. stupid yellow light of death. i hope it stays fixed

IMG
I bought my brother that Pokemon CD when we were kids for christmas. Its a fantastic CD, he still listens to it. Only now instead of through a crappy boombox he blares it from his cars tricked out sound system.  :lol:

Samurai Ghost

Got a great deal on this lot of PCE stuff. Some of it is not in the best of shape but eventually gonna try my hand at Retrobriting those white PCEs, controllers, and multitap. Nice to have the PCE box/manual as well. Hopefully I can pass some of this stuff on to someone who wants it one day! Building up a pretty good stock of PCE hardware/software to freight back to the US.

IMG

Also picked up a boxed Neo Geo CD in pretty nice condition! It was a steal.

IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 11/24/2011, 11:07 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 11/13/2011, 03:05 AMpicked this stuff up today. I was able to fix my ps3. stupid yellow light of death. i hope it stays fixed

IMG
I bought my brother that Pokemon CD when we were kids for christmas. Its a fantastic CD, he still listens to it. Only now instead of through a crappy boombox he blares it from his cars tricked out sound system.  :lol:
Yeah i also got this CD for xmas when i was young. I accidentally broke it though, so it was awesome when i ran in to it at a local goodwill

nectarsis

Black Friday goodness

/96a01078-1.jpg

BlueBMW

uh oh, moving up to black ops?

bartre

yeah, black friday was good to me:
Uncharted 2 GOTY - $15
Batman Arkham Asylum Goty - $20
Duke nukem forever - $10
MGS HD collection - $35

nectarsis

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/25/2011, 08:57 PMuh oh, moving up to black ops?
Will depend on how many in the group have it ;)

Quote from: bartre on 11/26/2011, 05:15 PMMGS HD collection - $35
Nabbed this as well...great deal for such a new release

Sparky

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/26/2011, 07:25 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/25/2011, 08:57 PMuh oh, moving up to black ops?
Will depend on how many in the group have it ;)
oooooooooooh i have it there nec-a-saurous.. and it has a couple good zombie levels :)
but it is a slow as F@ck... loading times that is... gives me time for refills though  :wink:
If we do switch to the next modern warefare that game will be it.

I had the flu the last 2 days (i know i missed game night) sorry i denied your invite to play but that was da reason.

munchiaz

Could not resist this. I recently ran in to extra cash and decided to give myself an early xmas gift. Now they just need to make a new castlevania and all will be good in the world

IMG

A_Locomotive

Just bought won a brand new copy of Rygar for the Lynx on ebay for $7.99. :)

BlueBMW

Hmm that Zelda 3DS looks pretty neat.... *peeks into wallet*

sirhcman

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/24/2011, 03:07 PMwhat i have picked up since the site was down
How do you like the new Zelda?

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/27/2011, 10:57 AMHmm that Zelda 3DS looks pretty neat.... *peeks into wallet*
I've been a huge fan of the 3DS since it's release, I almost picked one of these up so I could have a second one...  but I restrained myself.

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 11/27/2011, 12:49 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 11/24/2011, 03:07 PMwhat i have picked up since the site was down
How do you like the new Zelda?
i really like it. Only issue is i think my wii mote plus is messed up. so its hard to enjoy.

nectarsis

NecroPhile

Mmmmm, Evil Dead 2.  Any great bonus goodies on the 25th Anny. version?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2011, 03:14 PMMmmmm, Evil Dead 2.  Any great bonus goodies on the 25th Anny. version?
Brand new MUCH improved transfer vs the original bluray, (and only being $10 on Amazon makes this an even better deal)...plus:

BLU-RAY DISC SPECIAL FEATURES

-"Swallowed Souls: The Making of Evil Dead II" (HD) – NEW 90-minute multi-chaptered feature-length documentary Dead by Dawn – A Look At The Development And Twists Of Fate That Led To Evil Dead II's Creation With Bruce Campbell And Others!

-The Chosen One – Star Bruce Campbell Looks Back On Challenges Of Returning To The Evil Dead Universe While Actors Sarah Berry, Danny Hicks, Ted Raimi And Kassie Wesley Detail The Horrors Of Their Roles In Evil Dead II

-Madman Sam – Cast & Crew Reflect On Working With Legendary Director Sam Raimi Featuring Rare And Candid Moments From Original On-Set Footage

-Dead Effects – Special Make-Up Effects Creators Mark Shostrom, Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Robert Kurtzman And Others Detail Their Graphic And Now-Famous Creations From The Film Along With Never-Before-Seen Photos And Video Footage

-Re-Animated – Animators Doug Beswick, Tom Sullivan, Rick Catizone And Other Members Of The Visual Effects Crew Detail The Extensive Stop-Motion And Physical Effects Work Used In Creating Many Of The Memorable Horrors Seen On Screen

-Method to Madness – Cast & Crew Detail The Challenges Of The Film's Production Design And Photography And Some Of The Most Memorable Moments From The Exhausting Shoot Of The Film

-Rosebud – A Look At The Editing And Eventual Release Of The Film With Cast & Crew And How It Has Evolved Into A Certified Cult Classic Over The Past Quarter-Century

-"Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location of Evil Dead II" featurette (HD) – NEW

-"Cabin Fever" featurettes from the set of Evil Dead II by makeup effects artist Greg Nicotero – NEW

-"Artifacts of the Dead" stills gallery – NEW

-Audio commentary with writer/director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell, co-writer Scott Spiegel, and special makeup effects artist Greg Nicotero

-"The Gore the Merrier" makeup and effects featurette

-"Evil Dead II: Behind the Screams" making-of featurette

-Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Sparky

ooooo... nice nec... that's going on me wish list

PunkCryborg

movies were so much more fun when they had real special ffects and actors and not all this boring cgi. special features from new movies now shoudl be like "behind the scenes" and just show some dudes at computers

Arjak

I didn't buy this today; in fact, it's been a while since I got it, but it's still something I should mention:

I now have a Commodore 128 computer. It is awesome.

The story:

My mom got an email from what is basically a local Craigslist that told of someone trying to sell this bad boy, and I, being a collector and player of such things, was told about it by her. I asked if I could get it, and she said yes. We sent a couple emails back and forth, went to the guy's place, and I bought his Commodore 128, complete with monitor, disk drive, printer, and software, for $50.

The moral:

My mom kicks ass.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

hoobs88

IMG
8-Bit Xmas 2011, Super Mario Bros 2J, and Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns