10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Very cool.  Back in '86 or so I saved up all summer and got a Commodore 64 w/ monitor, disk drive, and color printer and a bunch of software for $800.  I think I was 11 at the time.  (I had an awesome paper route) Most of my middle school memories revolve around that computer. I ought to get one again one of these days. :P

munchiaz

I wanted to pick this up from Blue's raffle....but i got #25 so i figured i wouldnt get it (still hasnt been sold yet) So i picked this one up from Keith Courage. Thanks man.

IMG

BlueBMW

Always happy to see someone pick up ys1/2  such an excellent game!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

blueraven

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 11/26/2011, 11:02 PMJust bought won a brand new copy of Rygar for the Lynx on ebay for $7.99. :)
That's the only good lynx game. cool.

chany60126

Quote from: blueraven on 12/01/2011, 04:20 AM
Quote from: A_Locomotive on 11/26/2011, 11:02 PMJust bought won a brand new copy of Rygar for the Lynx on ebay for $7.99. :)
That's the only good lynx game. cool.
You forgot about Zaku

bust3dstr8

I finally had a lot time to dig through a local operator warehouse.
After a swan dive into the pcb bin I pulled out about a dozen games.

Killer Instinct, NOS Twin Cobra w/Manual, Xmen-4P, 2 MVS, Time Killers, Knights Round,
 Aero Fighters w/ marquee, Metal Slug, 2 Street Fighter2 ,Hyper Fighting, UN squadron,
Double Dragon 1, and a cool perferated MVS-4 cover.

/84196340.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/29/2011, 02:57 PM/42f78e60.jpg
How is the audio compared to the DVD version from year 2000? It is the one with the cartoon like art and the cellar door on the bottom of the cover. This DVD release has a low audio volume/quality combination along with way too loud effects. It is still a decent release but the sound just isn't leveled out right.

Edit: Ooops, forgot to mention I was talking about Evil Dead 2.

munchiaz

found these today at goodwill. mainly only got buck bumble for the intro song.

IMG

PunkCryborg

I think Dingsbums should be nominated for "hauls you are most jealous of"

NecroPhile

Quote from: elabit on 12/02/2011, 10:04 AMI think Dingsbums should be nominated for "hauls you are most jealous of"
Especially when he shows the PC Cocoron that was bundled in with the fami cart.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mishran

PC Genjin 3 I've had for a week or so, the others came yesterday.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

A few recent pickups...

/NovHaul.jpg
/X68k.jpg

The x68k needs repair and will likely find its way to ope once its back working :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nectarsis

Joe Redifer

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/02/2011, 10:40 PMJealous of X68k.
You are so bonkers for the Mega Drive / Genesis.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperPlay

Set of Official Nintendo Magazines for 2011

/capture2rw.jpg

SMF

Quote from: SuperPlay on 12/03/2011, 05:27 PMSet of Official Nintendo Magazines for 2011
/capture2rw.jpg
Hmmm never seen Nintendo Power in other countries before. What kind of club Nintendo Rewards do you get?
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

A_Locomotive

Just sent payment to D-Lite for a boxed Duo-R and the following PCE/CDgames. :)

PCE games
Bomberman '93
Bomberman '94
PC Genjin 3
Valkyrie no Densetsu
Dochuki
Gomola Speed
Parodius Da!
Son Son II
Final Soldier

CD games
Cho Aniki
Winds of Thunder
Psychic Storm
Tenshi No Uta 1

SuperPlay

Quote from: SMF on 12/03/2011, 10:44 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 12/03/2011, 05:27 PMSet of Official Nintendo Magazines for 2011

Hmmm never seen Nintendo Power in other countries before. What kind of club Nintendo Rewards do you get?
Check out the link for the UK

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/club_not_logged_in.jsp

SMF

Quote from: SuperPlay on 12/04/2011, 03:15 PM
Quote from: SMF on 12/03/2011, 10:44 PM

Check out the link for the UK

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/club_not_logged_in.jsp
Dam, We get junk lol. Would love to snag that Gold TP statue also that classic Snes Wii controller. Wow just goes to show us in the states get crap lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Ninja Spirit

Secret of Mana 2

SeikenDensetsu-3-SFC.jpg

A_Locomotive

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 12/06/2011, 10:56 AMSecret of Mana 2
SeikenDensetsu-3-SFC.jpg
I desperately wish this came out in English. :( Secret of Mana is one of my all time favorite RPG's.

NecroPhile

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/06/2011, 12:15 PMI desperately wish this came out in English. :( Secret of Mana is one of my all time favorite RPG's.
You could always get one of the translated repro carts.

munchiaz

NecroPhile

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/06/2011, 01:18 PM^ from where?
Quite a few places show up in a google search, but I've never dealt with such peeps and wouldn't want to recommend one.  Check with some Nintendo fans over at NintendoAge or DigitPress - they should be able to point you towards someone that does quality work for a fair price.

SNKNostalgia

... or you can just buy a PowerPak flash cart and play all the translated SNES releases. That would be the better route.

munchiaz

^ yeah but i like hard copy stuff. Sure there are some games that i wouldnt be able to play because the Japanese. But there are some repo carts that i am looking for that would be fine, like terringma the pal version

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/06/2011, 05:52 PM^ yeah but i like hard copy stuff. Sure there are some games that i wouldnt be able to play because the Japanese. But there are some repo carts that i am looking for that would be fine, like terringma the pal version
To each their own I guess, but you still aren't getting official copies with repro carts. It is all a matter of how you perceive it. It feels like you have a real copy of the game, but it still is filled up with just Eproms and a well printed sticker. Getting the PAL version of Terrignma to work is a huge pain in the ass. The game costs a bit, and you have to get a German Action Replay 3 in order to get it to work on a NTSC system. Still, it is nicer in a way than playing it on a Flash cart... even though it looks wonky with two carts sticking out the console L-shaped, lol.

A great example I like to add, is conversion carts on the Neo Geo. I only have one (Shock Troopers 1 for $160 overall) bought 6 years ago and decided I really didn't want to go down that route after getting it. I much rather just go with a consolized MVS or a convertor for my AES than to fork over tons of more cash for hacked carts. Plus you are destoying a working game to get one working. So say goodbye to all the AES Fatal Fury 3, Samurai Shodown 3 and KOF95 Japanese carts if they keep it up.

munchiaz

^ yeah you have a good point. I wasnt aware that terrinigma took that much to get working. It may just be easier to look in to getting a flash cart. I will take a look at them if you can post up a link

Ninja Spirit

I kinda find it funny with these repros, the "DeJap" logo or whatever logo of the translation group is on their title screens, I personally find that very weird.

PunkCryborg

My recent acquisitions from the last month or two.

From Windy's sale, loving Parodius Da! the most
/photo2vlv.jpg

Ebay stuff
/photo3fwl.jpg

All found locally, the Ogre Battle I picked up today and I barely wanted to touch it it's so dirty but still worth it for $3.03
/photo4cz.jpg

From T2KFreeker
/photohjw.jpg

Firebomber7

SNES Ogre Battle for $3? Holy crap, man... I am jealous.

Also, I hate to say it... but have you tried Parodius Da on the SNES?
IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

Bernie

Recently picked up from HitofJapan.

/324245_2291672047629_1123836233_31964859_189211667_o.jpg

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/06/2011, 09:21 PM^ yeah you have a good point. I wasnt aware that terrinigma took that much to get working. It may just be easier to look in to getting a flash cart. I will take a look at them if you can post up a link
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=84

They went down on the price. I am going to get one myself, thanks to the new price. Since they use Compact Flash cards, it is real quick to load up games. Look at the incompatibility list while you are at it. There isn't anything major missing actually. Most of those games you can get cheap. Also, there are decompressed versions of roms like with Star Ocean.

A_Locomotive

The last few days I've been itching to play some Neo Geo games so today I did some calling around to try and find a local used copy of SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 for the PSP. Checked my local retro store first and no dice. And since its not a game places like best buy or target are likely to carry my only option was GameStop(yeah yeah I know) so I called around and every place had one but they were all loose UMD's which I don't like one bit so I caved and bought one new off amazon along wih NecroVision for the PC. Was also going to take a gamble and buy R-Type Command from them so I could get free shipping as well but didn't. It shipped from a different location so the shipping on it would be more then the game so I passed. :lol:

Quote from: guest on 12/06/2011, 12:21 PM
Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/06/2011, 12:15 PMI desperately wish this came out in English. :( Secret of Mana is one of my all time favorite RPG's.
You could always get one of the translated repro carts.
Links? I just did a search to try and find them but came up blank aside from articles about a boxed reproduction cart that showed up on ebay which went for several hundred... which is a tinsy tiny bit out of my budget. :lol:

Mathius

/105_0427.jpg

Two of the FDS games were brand new sealed. "Were" is the key work. :wink:

munchiaz

^ where did you get the mag from?

sirhcman

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 12/07/2011, 05:36 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 12/06/2011, 09:21 PM^ yeah you have a good point. I wasnt aware that terrinigma took that much to get working. It may just be easier to look in to getting a flash cart. I will take a look at them if you can post up a link
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=84

They went down on the price. I am going to get one myself, thanks to the new price. Since they use Compact Flash cards, it is real quick to load up games. Look at the incompatibility list while you are at it. There isn't anything major missing actually. Most of those games you can get cheap. Also, there are decompressed versions of roms like with Star Ocean.
I bought the SNES one last month.. I can vouch for it, the thing is awesome! There are a handful of games that are not compatible (since they had special chips on the cart that can't be replicated in the rom) but you can read about them on the retrousb website

Mathius

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/07/2011, 10:40 PM^ where did you get the mag from?
I stumbled across the mag at a "Booksamillion" store. I actually found a copy of the normal Retro Gamer mag there too a week ago. My girlfriend bought both for me since she is so cool. :)

Sleepy Gnome

Quote from: Firebomber7 on 12/07/2011, 12:03 AMSNES Ogre Battle for $3? Holy crap, man... I am jealous.

Also, I hate to say it... but have you tried Parodius Da on the SNES?
touch! I'd love a copy of this Jawn

T2KFreeker

IMG

Yup, got this rare gem on ebay, of all places, for $9.99 plus $3.00! For once I don't really feel like I've been ripped for a really "Rare" item. I hate ebay, but this is a really good score!
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: elabit on 12/06/2011, 11:58 PMMy recent acquisitions from the last month or two.

From Windy's sale, loving Parodius Da! the most
/photo2vlv.jpg
I see you have Momotarou Katsugeki (Peachboy). That game is outstanding. An excellent platformer that gets overlooked way too often. Awesome pick up there.
END OF LINE.

NecroPhile

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/07/2011, 07:49 PMLinks? I just did a search to try and find them but came up blank aside from articles about a boxed reproduction cart that showed up on ebay which went for several hundred... which is a tinsy tiny bit out of my budget. :lol:
GameReproductions is the first one to pop up in a search.  I can't vouch for their quality, but $62 seems like an awful lot for a farkler cartridge.

dingsbums

Really nice pick-up guys  =D&gt;
I got this in the last days: /gijoe.jpg

Joe Redifer

Sweet!  I've never seen that in an actual arcade.

rag-time4

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/08/2011, 01:40 PMSweet!  I've never seen that in an actual arcade.
Ive seen it twice: once as 2 player and once as 4 player...

The first time i played it was a euphoric gaming experience as a gi joe fan... Its a very intense game when you have a limited supply of coins!!

Ninja Spirit

Super Famicom Squaresoft overload! Now where the fuck's my LIVE-A-LIVE at??!!
SquaresoftOverload.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2761897168622

For the record....
RomancingSagaTrilogy.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2761901928741

And non game related...
American Audio VMS2 DJ Deck
VMS2-DJ-Deck.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2940457272513

nectarsis

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 12/08/2011, 04:18 AMYup, got this rare gem on ebay, of all places, for $9.99 plus $3.00! For once I don't really feel like I've been ripped for a really "Rare" item. I hate ebay, but this is a really good score!
Never saw this one as rare at all...