OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Startling Odyssey II translation patch released!

Started by M1Savage, 03/31/2010, 11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/10/2011, 01:10 PMJust read this thread and all I have to say is wow! I'm glad we are getting a few more rpgs translated, but its still a small list compared to how many super famicom games that have been translated by fan groups. It would be kind of interesting to see how many rpgs are on the super famicom vs the pce engine cd.
I've gone through lists in the past and there are slightly more of both RPG and RPG-ish games for PCE than SFC. Many PCE RPGs aren't on CD though.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turbofan1

Quote from: guest on 12/10/2011, 08:42 PMAmerica blows.

If we didn't, you would have been released in the US!
Not even sure what that comment is supposed to mean?.I`ll just leave it at that.Does anybody no what happened to the Cosmic Fantasy 1 translation that Dave Shadoff was doing?.He posted A progress video on youtube A few years ago,but it hasn't been updated since.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: turbofan1 on 12/12/2011, 08:00 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/10/2011, 08:42 PMAmerica blows.

Not even sure what that comment is supposed to mean?.I`ll just leave it at that.Does anybody no what happened to the Cosmic Fantasy 1 translation that Dave Shadoff was doing?.He posted A progress video on youtube A few years ago,but it hasn't been updated since.
Sounds a lot like other projects I know of... I call it the davanci syndrome. Start a bunch of projects all at once and get next to little done. Happens all the time in the scene.

NecroPhile

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/12/2011, 05:09 PMSounds a lot like other projects I know of... I call it the davanci syndrome. Start a bunch of projects all at once and get next to little done. Happens all the time in the scene.
Since Shadoff's completed a half dozen translations thus far, I'd say he's done infinitely more in this scene than most.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 12/12/2011, 05:26 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/12/2011, 05:09 PMSounds a lot like other projects I know of... I call it the davanci syndrome. Start a bunch of projects all at once and get next to little done. Happens all the time in the scene.
Since Shadoff's completed a half dozen translations thus far, I'd say he's done infinitely more in this scene than most.
Indeed he has. Again, I'm thankful for what we got, but if we had half the amount of fan translations that rom hackers have done for the super famicom over the years we would be seeing a heck of a lot more rpgs being translated for the pce. I would wager some of them can even be directly lifted from official translations from other systems as well (Snatcher, Popful Mail comes into mind), but in reality time will tell. In the meantime, I'll use gamefaqs for now at least... Anyway, Starling Odyssey 2= hours of fun.

HercTNT

I understand what he's getting at. If we could get just a fraction of that talent to go towards a few pc-engine games it would be unreal. Maybe a few platformers, action rpg's, one or two really involved rpg's.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: turbofan1 on 12/12/2011, 08:00 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/10/2011, 08:42 PMAmerica blows.

It was directed at Necromancer! 

Since, if USA didn't suck, Necromancer for PCE would have been released on the TG-16.... :D  Necromancer is an amazing game.  One of the better HuCards in general to me.  The music is creepy.

I think most of the serious RPG players back in that era were sitting on Commodore 64s.  Alot of CRPG players back then said they tried NES and were like "what is the point, Legacy of the Ancients is better.  This game is too linear!", and went back to the c64.  There were some that dug into Dragon Quest, and revisited Wizardry, but the C64 and DOS offered far more in the RPG department. 

Though, so many comments in old video game magazines have people ranting and raving about how great they thought RPGs were.  They loved the adventure of the games like Dragon Quest, Ultima Exodus, Scherehazade, etc.

So, it sucks we didn't get more.  We should've.  but like Zeta said, the majority in the US didn't want to read.   They still don't want to read.  They want to click and flail and watch kabooms and shinies.

and, for the record, 7th Saga is legit.  It's a weird friggin game, but it's legit.  same with Brainlord. 

I'd love to see more translations for the pce, but most things for the PCE never get completed.

It goes:

Announcement--->Demo of some of it---->dwindling effort------>the end.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

The "dwindling effort" phase is always the best. Nothing actually happens during this phase except regularly scheduled public service announcements over the course of a year or two that "work is proceeding, albeit at a slowed pace" but everyone should "rest assured, the project WILL be completed!" Everybody knows deep down this phase is just the precursor to "the end," but this phase still manages to drum up cries of encouragement from the community.

A good percentage of folks seem genuinely dismayed when it's finally announced that "after months of inactivity, this patch is being released as-is," which ultimately really baffles me since it's the same thing every single time.

If you look at all the released patches for Duo games, how many can claim 100% completion? Two? Maybe three? The rest sit at "90%" or in some cases, even less, since that last paragraph of text just proved too befuddling for the translators or that last menu was just too difficult for the hackers to re-insert.

Unfortunately, although not at all surprisingly, this is the phase the current Legend of Xanadu II translation effort is currently dwelling in. In a few more months, maybe a year, it'll get released as-is.... At 90% (or less) completion.

Arkhan Asylum

dwindling effort is why I stopped caring about translations.  I just fumble through them myself with a book in my lap.  I mean its an RPG.  Reading is part of the game either way.  Who knows if I read shit right.  I get by decent enough.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: nat on 12/13/2011, 11:42 PMUnfortunately, although not at all surprisingly, this is the phase the current Legend of Xanadu II translation effort is currently dwelling in. In a few more months, maybe a year, it'll get released as-is.... At 90% (or less) completion.
I would be very very VERY happy with a %90 translated Xanadu II.
IMG

HercTNT

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 12/14/2011, 03:24 AM
Quote from: nat on 12/13/2011, 11:42 PMUnfortunately, although not at all surprisingly, this is the phase the current Legend of Xanadu II translation effort is currently dwelling in. In a few more months, maybe a year, it'll get released as-is.... At 90% (or less) completion.
I would be very very VERY happy with a %90 translated Xanadu II.
I third that ;)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

HercTNT

I'm bumping this thread for alittle help.  Anyone familiar with SO2 please lend a hand.  I'm currently in the gaia underworld and just picked up the airship. I'm supposed to go to delrossa but options as to were i can fly are very limited. Are there special controls i'm missing, is Delrossa hidden and i just need to stumble on it?  I would appreciate alittle guidance, thanks in advance.

SignOfZeta

There is a point in the game where I got stuck...this might be that point, maybe not, its been a long while. What someone had to tell me was that you have to put your ship over one of those towers and use the Orichalcum. This will teleport you to other towers, and other places you can go.
IMG

HercTNT

That did it, thanks!  I looked on the internet but could not find anything. Its an excellent game and I did not want to abandon it.

SignOfZeta

That was what got me stuck as well, and why I called Rayforce for help. The rest of the game is pretty straightforward. The ending is GREAT in this game, btw.
IMG

HercTNT

Yea i'm loving so far. After this it's gonna be Ys 4. thanks again!

HercTNT

I found this page and ran it through google translate. Anyone getting stuck in SO2, this should help.

wayback://geocities.jp/HeartLand-Suzuran/9038/StartlingOdyssey2/pce_kouryaku3.html

IMG

nectarsis

Maybe (probably) I am retarded, but the patch links were Megaupload (obviously gone), and checked RomHacking (nothing)....where should I be looking?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Bernie

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/11/2012, 03:19 PMMaybe (probably) I am retarded, but the patch links were Megaupload (obviously gone), and checked RomHacking (nothing)....where should I be looking?
PM me.