The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 12/15/2011, 12:18 AMhey I dont mind brining it to MGC!
You're coming to MGC, Ope?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

munchiaz

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/14/2011, 11:34 AMPOWER UP:

IMG
IMG
From where do you people buy these sweet X68Ks? Yahoo Auctions or something similar? Not in the market right now, but interested and rather curious.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2011, 03:46 AMIMG
awesome!
soul blazer is one of the best snes games, it took me forever to track down my copy.

munchiaz

^ i got sick of waiting to track down a copy and i bought this one off ebay. got it for $60. which is a bit more then i wanted to spend. But Complete it wasn't to bad. there were copies that weren't complete going for way more because the box was in better shape. But this box isn't to bad, just some issues with the corners.

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

munchiaz

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2011, 06:30 PM^ i got sick of waiting to track down a copy and i bought this one off ebay. got it for $60. which is a bit more then i wanted to spend. But Complete it wasn't to bad. there were copies that weren't complete going for way more because the box was in better shape. But this box isn't to bad, just some issues with the corners.
$60!?  god damn!
i got my loose copy for $20 and i thought i was on the higher end.
course, mine's loose, and i never paid attention to complete copy prices, so who knows.

munchiaz

^yeah i could have gotten a loose copy for a bit over $20, Saw some guys selling the on the neo-geo forum for like $25 loose. I figured though if i was going to spend that much, and it was something i was buying online, not just finding out in the wild i might as well get it complete. I just came in to some extra money, so it wasnt a huge deal. But like i said i do think it was a bit much, but i really wanted it.

Opethian

IMG

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2011, 10:37 PM^yeah i could have gotten a loose copy for a bit over $20, Saw some guys selling the on the neo-geo forum for like $25 loose. I figured though if i was going to spend that much, and it was something i was buying online, not just finding out in the wild i might as well get it complete. I just came in to some extra money, so it wasnt a huge deal. But like i said i do think it was a bit much, but i really wanted it.
fair enough, as i said, it is one of the best snes games ever, imo.

ope, what's that game on the bottom left?

Opethian

its a promo of Tengai Makyo:manjimaru and Dragon Slayer legend of Heroes
IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Ji-L87

*drools* Love the boxart for those games. Expensive much?
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SuperDeadite

Hard to say, in Japan the games go for much less then you'd think.  But only if you are being paid in yen.  If you are using USA$ the price is gonna be high...

Mathius

I can't believe all this X68000 goodness going on here lately! I am starting to get awfully jealous. :)

SMF

The thing I bought today ain't game related but I'm just so STOKED about going I gotta post it. April 14th I'm gong to the 2012 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Presale tickets sold out in just under 8mins for Rock Hall Members. Can't fucking wait......G'N'R, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, The Small Faces\Faces (Rod Stewert and Ron Wood) Freddie King (R.I.P.) But Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana is rumored to do a few songs. If G'N'R reunites for the 1st time in over a decade its gonna be mind blowing.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

roflmao

Looks like it'll be a great experience.  I cannot believe Rush hasn't been inducted yet.  It's a crime.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2011, 04:54 PMI cannot believe Rush hasn't been inducted yet.  It's a crime.
But hard rockin' Madonna was clearly more deserving.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2011, 05:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/16/2011, 04:54 PMI cannot believe Rush hasn't been inducted yet.  It's a crime.
But hard rockin' Madonna was clearly more deserving.
Madonna rocks harder than Neil Peart ever has! Sheesh!

That is awesome SMF! I have been to the Hall of Fame but never an induction ceremony. I'd go just to see Clapton. :)

rag-time4

Just got a big purchase in from RR1980 that I'm very excited about.... an O.G. PCE CIB, an IFU-30 near CIB, and a CDROM2:

First of all, RR was flexible with me and worked out a good deal, and really packed things well (Thanks for the FRAGILE STICKERS!)

IMG
IMG
IMG

The lot inuded a System Card 1.0, and the all-important Arcade Card Pro, as well as Hellfire S and 3X3 eyes... Thanks again for removing stuff I already had RR!!

IMG
IMG

The PCE is in great shape, as is the box... and the serials all match:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Here's teh IFU, which is near complete and with all matching serials as well (Very excited to get this part of it):

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Teh CD-ROM2, which has a matching manual, and also came with the little plastic cover for the IFU connection port:

IMG
IMG

And so, here she is, in perfect working condition:

IMG

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bartre

hmm, that is a rather sexy setup, never really seen detailed pics of the briefcase before, thanks!

Opethian

damn that CDROM is almost as white as mine D:
IMG

munchiaz

Mathius

First the X68000s and now this White Piece of Awesome? I am getting tired of being a jealous butt! :)

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 12/17/2011, 01:03 AMFirst the X68000s and now this White Piece of Awesome? I am getting tired of being a jealous butt! :)
I hate this thread. I'm often jealous/envious upon leaving it. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ji-L87

Picked up Battlefield 3 today, before a friend of mine decides for something I absolutely don't wanna play :s Thought I could save a bit of money by buying it used (I'm cheap like that, not used to pay big bucks for games-when I do people at home complain and my wallet cries) but now I have to buy an online pass : / Not exactly happy right now. Zero points on my account as well.
CHECKPOINT!

TheClash603

The video game store at the mall surprisingly had Ys: The Vanished Omens for the Master System.  I had to pick it up, just to see how it compares to the TG16 classic.

I did a quick search on my phone before I bought it, and apparently all the dungeons are flipped and the game is quite different, so I am excited to give it a try.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 12/17/2011, 09:38 AMPicked up Battlefield 3 today, before a friend of mine decides for something I absolutely don't wanna play :s Thought I could save a bit of money by buying it used (I'm cheap like that, not used to pay big bucks for games-when I do people at home complain and my wallet cries) but now I have to buy an online pass : / Not exactly happy right now. Zero points on my account as well.
No MW3?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Ji-L87

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/17/2011, 06:58 PMNo MW3?
Well, there was only money for one game and I'm really not too hot on either on them but...I've played more BF in the past than CoD soo...I guess I like the fact that there's vehicles on the maps.

That and I don't have CoD 4 or MW 2. Starting from 3 would be a little odd. I do have CoD 5: World at War though.
CHECKPOINT!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 12/17/2011, 08:24 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/17/2011, 06:58 PMNo MW3?
Well, there was only money for one game and I'm really not too hot on either on them but...I've played more BF in the past than CoD soo...I guess I like the fact that there's vehicles on the maps.

That and I don't have CoD 4 or MW 2. Starting from 3 would be a little odd. I do have CoD 5: World at War though.
I never really played much of any of them (cant do FPS with a controller)  but all my friends were playing MW3, so that's the one I basically started on.  What tipped me over the edge was picking up a mouse / keyboard like controller for PS3.  Its not perfect, but its close enough.

In other news,  I bought a red dot sight for my airsoft gun :P  That's getting to be an expensive hobby!

A_Locomotive

Bought a new keyboard today to replace my failing saitek cyborg, got a Razer Black Widow Ultimate. Already thinking of returning it... The mechanical keys are just to loud, which bugs me for a couple of reasons; first is I listen to a lot of music on my computer and the klakity klak of the keys will completely spoil quieter music and I also worry about it ruining emersion in PC games which is pretty damn ironic since this key board is supposed to be for gaming. lol I've got 30 days to make up my mind though so I'm gonna give it a fair chance before deciding on returning it. So far I'm digging every bit of it aside from the damn noise from the keys. They keys feel great, they are perfectly sized and spaced and even without a wrist rest its quite comfortable. Now lets see what happens when I try gaming with it. :P

munchiaz

Finally got the game I've wanted the most for the PCE. also picked up a few things from goodwill

IMG
IMG

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/18/2011, 12:29 AMFinally got the game I've wanted the most for the PCE.

IMG
hope you enjoy it!
Just 100% finished the game, it's tough, but definitely not impossible

snickersbar

i cant buy game at the moment, im spending money to fix my car

munchiaz

Quote from: bartre on 12/18/2011, 01:34 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 12/18/2011, 12:29 AMFinally got the game I've wanted the most for the PCE.

IMG
hope you enjoy it!
Just 100% finished the game, it's tough, but definitely not impossible
Yeah i played a bit last niight. I'm around 48% right now.

SuperPlay

Opethian

IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

chany60126

Picked up two games over the weekend. Many thanks to D-Dan for snatching these up for me in the wild... well at least for one of them. :lol:
IMG

munchiaz

Picked up the 64 and bomberman 64 for savers(like goodwill) for $5 and got the PCE bomber man from the raffle held by Bernie. Thanks again man

IMG

Bernie

Speaking of 64.  I just bought a beautiful boxed N64 from Seymore over at his site.  Should be here by end of the week, or early next week since the holidays are near.  Looks brand new!

Lilgrafx

picked up Exile, Exile: Wicked phenomenon, Cosmic Fantasy 2, and Shape Shifters for  15 bucks a piece in preparation for my Duo.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 12/21/2011, 04:35 PMpicked up Exile, Exile: Wicked phenomenon, Cosmic Fantasy 2, and Shape Shifters for  15 bucks a piece in preparation for my Duo.
Dang, not a bad haul!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

saw this today and had to pick it up.

IMG

SuperDeadite

SuperDeadite

Joe Redifer

Awesome!  Except Phalanx.  If it's anything like the SNES version it is a tedious lesson in mediocrity.

Samurai Ghost

Are those some X68000 games? Nice!

In addition to tons of PCE hardware (pics later), I've gotten dozens of games over the last couple weeks.
Too lazy to take pics of them all, but here are some highlights! Mostly Saturn shooters in these pics, but some Obey as well. All complete and in good shape, but that Dracula X is really as good as new. The seller said she had played it only once, but when I got it I could see she was telling the truth. Been too busy with work to play most of these but I've got some time off this week so I will rectify that!

/games.jpg