The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Man these are some good hauls!

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/24/2011, 06:30 PMAwesome!  Except Phalanx.  If it's anything like the SNES version it is a tedious lesson in mediocrity.
As a shooter it's rather sucky.  But the original version here has some pretty kickass FM music though. 
It was also very cheap.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

Samurai Ghost - Summer Carnival '93 is a good pick up!  Why 2 Dungeons and Dragons?  One for me?

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/25/2011, 12:01 AMSamurai Ghost - Summer Carnival '93 is a good pick up!  Why 2 Dungeons and Dragons?  One for me?
Well I bought one for myself and later saw another for a good price. The game seems to be in pretty high demand so I figured I could sell/trade it later! Just finished playing a round of Tower of Doom actually. What an awesome game! One of my all time favorite beat'm ups.

munchiaz

^ what a great haul samurai. i want that D&D and the spinecard for drac x

Tatsujin

Just some games:
IMG

All four (so far released) shooting gameside books (a really nice, uberdetailed to 2D shooting games deticated game book serie)
IMG

Some empty Hudson Soft Bee Card cases:
IMG

and with something nicely put in, it just looks like this :)
/dsc0426b.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Didn't really buy, but got these for Christmas  8)  BernieLindell got me the PCE games as my Secret Santa and my buddy local got me the logic probe :mrgreen:

/xmashaul.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

Man tats those bee card cases are tits

What my wife got me for Christmas
/img0059533x800.jpg
/img0058800x533.jpg

TheClash603

Minestorm is awesome, great gift!

My only gaming gifts were Rayman Origins PS3 and a 3DS points card, both are good though!

munchiaz

heres what i got from my girlfriend and her family for xmas. I'm not sure if i will open the wii. I most likely will though, and keep my white one in the living room, and have the blue one in my soon to be gamer room.

IMG
IMG
IMG

Ji-L87

^ That blue Wii reminds me of this :p
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

nectarsis

AWESOME Secret Santa, friends, and family + gift cards= WIN

(Brewers hat autographed by the GREAT Gorman Thomas)

/6d12b61c.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: elabit on 12/25/2011, 01:42 PMMan tats those bee card cases are tits

Nice Vectrex!! How is your impressions of it so far? I'm planning to buy one down the line and I'd like to hear your opinion as I've never actually seen one in person.

blueraven

This is so badass.

I want a Blue Wii

:mrgreen:

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/25/2011, 04:53 PMheres what i got from my girlfriend and her family for xmas. I'm not sure if i will open the wii. I most likely will though, and keep my white one in the living room, and have the blue one in my soon to be gamer room.

IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 12/25/2011, 08:58 PM
Quote from: elabit on 12/25/2011, 01:42 PMMan tats those bee card cases are tits

Nice Vectrex!! How is your impressions of it so far? I'm planning to buy one down the line and I'd like to hear your opinion as I've never actually seen one in person.
It's very cool but the loose games are kinda unplayable without overlays. I just bought a new homebrew game called "I Cyborg" that looks cool. I'm gonna play it tonight with the lights off with some space music playing!

Opethian

IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: elabit on 12/25/2011, 09:12 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 12/25/2011, 08:58 PM

It's very cool but the loose games are kinda unplayable without overlays. I just bought a new homebrew game called "I Cyborg" that looks cool. I'm gonna play it tonight with the lights off with some space music playing!
Ah, overlays! Yeah, it seems a little tougher to find complete games with overlays but I guess I'll have to splurge on a few. What games are the most fun to play for you so far?

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

JapanTokei

merry xmas fellas!  fatherhood is making me go MIA every few weeks so I haven't been on for a while.  looks like everyone got there secret santas... makes me wish I am still living in the States! 

here are some of the goodies that finally came in from Japan: /xmas1.jpg

Nexzr is unnnn-believably good.  I was blown away.  love this game.  worth every single penny I paid for it  =D&gt;

/xmas2.jpg

and here are the illegitimate famous titles - High Leg Fantasy and Quiz Toku Shashin ... both super minty it adds to the sexiness of the girls  :lol:

/xmas3.jpg

Batman & Jackie!!

/xmas4.jpg

That TG-16 version of Jacky came courtesy of BlueBeams!!  thanks Blue!  it arrived in Singapore no problem  :mrgreen:
Too bad that Jackie I got had the few scribble writings on the back cover, otherwise it is a perfect copy, registration card and all!   ](*,)

I picked up some duplicates/trade fodder as well and will be sorting through them soon.  I will make a trip back to the US in January so I will be posting them on the boards in a few days!!   :dance:

later guys -
Tokei

SuperPlay

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/25/2011, 10:08 AMand with something nicely put in, it just looks like this :)
/dsc0426b.jpg
They look great :)

munchiaz

got another saturn at goodwill. this time its not covered in piss. Got the casltevanias from someone on nintendoage.

IMG
IMG

Deletion

What's the make & model of those arcade sticks for the Saturn? What do you think of them?

munchiaz

There made from interact. I think they suck. But i have really high standards when it comes to arcade sticks. I play fighting games competitively, and usually will only play using Sanwa parts (authentic japanese arcade parts, buttons, and the arcade stick.)

Deletion

Ah, they're the Interact Eclipse Stick. Thanks for the info. And I hear ya. My friends who are into fighting games are also heavily into modding sticks.

I'm horrible at fighting games, so I use sticks for shoot'em-ups, beat'em-ups, and run & gun games. I finally ordered Sega's Virtua Stick for the Saturn. I hope it works well.

blueraven

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/14/1974, 04:42 AMand with something nicely put in, it just looks like this :)
/dsc0426b.jpg
I'm a pc engine noob so forgive me but what the whole special version thing?

munchiaz

Quote from: Deletion on 12/27/2011, 12:22 AMAh, they're the Interact Eclipse Stick. Thanks for the info. And I hear ya. My friends who are into fighting games are also heavily into modding sticks.

I'm horrible at fighting games, so I use sticks for shoot'em-ups, beat'em-ups, and run & gun games. I finally ordered Sega's Virtua Stick for the Saturn. I hope it works well.
yeah the virtua stick is the gray and yellow one right? if so i want one of those. i heard they are very good

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 12/27/2011, 01:19 AMI'm a pc engine noob so forgive me but what the whole special version thing?
Cash money, baby. Cash money.

Joe Redifer

No Dracula X Special Edition = complete fail.  Hang your head in shame!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/27/2011, 04:05 AMNo Dracula X Special Edition = complete fail.  Hang your head in shame!
So right you are.

/allspecial2.jpg

Did you made your rouge already? :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

munchiaz

^ ohh wow, i didn't even know that existed. Anyone got footage of it

Opethian

lol munchi fell for the oldest trick in Tat's book
IMG

Bernie

Lookie what I got today.  Added a nice case, and rear insert that Windy made up.  I like the way it turned out.   :mrgreen:
/IMG_5507.jpg
/IMG_5508.jpg
/IMG_5514.jpg

SuperDeadite

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/27/2011, 01:00 PM^ ohh wow, i didn't even know that existed. Anyone got footage of it
Here's my old video about it
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JapanTokei

Quote from: Opethian on 12/27/2011, 04:46 PMlol munchi fell for the oldest trick in Tat's book
haha, I fell for that too the first time I saw it...

Ji-L87

An Arcade Card Duo + 4 game/anime soundtracks & 5 LDs : )

Edit: IMG
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

dingsbums

Non PCE stuff

/aaa1i.jpg

PCE stuff

/aaa2ie.jpg

I also finally managed to get the IC's for the PCE / TG region mod.
I soldered it in my Duo-R & it works perfect  :D.

hoobs88

IMG
New Electric Guitar strings (I haven't touched my Electric Guitar since I bought an Acoustic Guitar).

IMG
Zelda Limited Edition Nintendo 3DS system with Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D, and leather carry case.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

munchiaz

^ i have all that to.....except the leather case. I need a case for mine.

nectarsis

My girlfriend kicks so much ass...

/0a8cd201.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

roflmao

Nice collection of stuff there, Nectarsis!  I got the Flynn Cycle for my son and it broke within a week or two. :(  Meanwhile my orange Tron cycle from a million years ago is still going strong.  They just don't make toys like they used to. :)

BlueBMW

Dingsbums.... im always jealous of your hauls!  Last Resort... yummm

Like you other two, I picked up that Zelda limited 3DS.  Just couldnt resist!

Nectar!   Its time for some MW3  :twisted:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

JapanTokei

Bernie - that looks great!!  Windy did a great job with the rear insert!!

Quote from: bernielindell on 12/27/2011, 05:42 PMLookie what I got today.  Added a nice case, and rear insert that Windy made up.  I like the way it turned out.   :mrgreen:

Opethian

IMG
bought a while ago but arrived today!
IMG

Tatsujin

Either way, don't fap too much :D

BlueBMW

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/29/2011, 09:19 PMTriad Stone...  =P~
Never heard of it. :-k Unless it was one that I played at VGS.

TheClash603

Nice Ope!!!

Nudie chicks (well, boobs) and More Power!!  Good haul!

Opethian

IMG

munchiaz

got some new ps2 stuff. Some wii games ive wanted to pick up for awhile, some 3ds stuff, and one obey.....thanks blue.

IMG
IMG