OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood [PC Engine CD] Patch RELEASE!!!

Started by Burnt Lasagna, 11/09/2011, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

I think the desire for pressed discs comes from the fact that a lot of our systems dont play nice with CDRs, even the highest quality CDRs.  Some systems play them just fine, but many dont.   I dont it's anyone's intent to get them pressed for sale.

So before we start turning people into popsicles hehe, maybe discuss the possibilities and logistics of pressed discs.  It is inevitable that some asshat will try and sell one... hell there will probably be someone who tries to sell a CDR copy of it...  that's just the time we are in.  But I'd ask that we at least entertain the idea.

Awesome project BTW :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

Yes, it is an awesome project.  :)

Burnt Lasagna

Okay enough drama over pressed disks and popsicles, it's time for progress!

*Update*
First off, tomaitheous (AKA malducci/Bonknuts/TurboXray) has really been cranking out a lot of progress as some of you may know already. Aside from finishing the title screen he's also finished a replacement print routine for the intro scene (hopefully no more summarized text now!) which cubanraul is now in possession of and is inserting the PSP intro translation. Tomaitheous has also finished hacking the first signpost into English! 

malducci / tomaitheous / TurboXray's work
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
(In the actual game now!)

Pemdawg has also been hard at work translating the packaging and the manual, which we now have a high quality scan of thanks to Sadler. He wants' me to keep everything he's shown me under wraps, so no screens but I can assure you that they are very nice looking :wink:

Also, aside from managing everything I've been up to some stuff as well. I've managed to record the actual dialogue for Death and some minor voices Dracula makes in the final boss by doing the Redbook silencing trick I talked about earlier, I also found Death's laugh in the PC-Engine version so that will also be changed as well. I plan on also recording shafts battle dialogue as well.

So there will be more dubbed voices in the next release. Here's hoping the full remaining %5 will be in the next release as well! 8)
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Bernie

Damn, that sounds awesome!  :)  Great work guys!

ParanoiaDragon

Back on topic, I'd kill for a pressed copy with Manuel, as long as some buttmunch isn't making a profit off of it, just breaking even so we have the real thing, & no one profits.
IMG

MotherGunner

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/15/2012, 07:20 PMBack on topic, I'd kill for a pressed copy with Manuel, as long as some buttmunch isn't making a profit off of it, just breaking even so we have the real thing, & no one profits.
Topic tangent:

I saw a bunch of mexicans in a truck once by my place.  They were gardeners and the business logo on the door said "Manuel Labore Gardening" along with the phone number.  I lost my shit.  Seriously???   Manual Labor Gardening???  ha ha ha!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

incrediblehark

BurntLasagna, Bonknuts, and cubanraul, looks really fantastic! Really great work, and looking forward to playing the final version, even if I've already played through the original. Sorry to get back on about pressed discs, but I would love to have one myself, with full inserts and manual as well, yes because I'd rather not play cdrs in my system but also just for my personal collection. As long as we only paid for actual cost then no profits would be made off of it. I understand that there may be people out there looking to make some cash off of Konami's and all of your hard work, maybe you could insert a little disclaimer message at the beginning saying "This is a fan-made package not to be sold, if you paid any money for this you were ripped off," etc? Either way I totally appreciate all of the hard work you are putting into this and look forward to playing it! :D

Bernie

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/15/2012, 07:20 PMBack on topic, I'd kill for a pressed copy with Manuel, as long as some buttmunch isn't making a profit off of it, just breaking even so we have the real thing, & no one profits.
This is exactly what I was talking about.  :)

Burnt Lasagna

Okay guys I'll try and make this response less of joke.

The biggest reason I'm not a fan of the idea of pressed disks being sold (whether there's profits being made or not) is because I seriously doubt Konami is going to take kindly to pressed modified versions of their game floating around and we would likely be hit with a C&D order to remove the patch if Konami ever got wind of these disks and I doubt anyone here would like that.

Some of you may be thinking "It's like a 17-year-old game on a 20-year-old system, they're not going to bad an eye at this" which might be the case but I really don't want that risk to exist and the fact that tomaitheous doesn't want his work in this patch on unauthorized pressed disks is enough of a reason not to do this.

There will probably be a guide when the final release of the patch gets completed explaining how to make a high quality burn of the game and the best way to print the packaging for anyone who wants a nice case of this patch for there collection.   

So to mirror my other post, if anyone does start making pressed disks...

IMG

Bernie

Tell ya what..  Come try making a popsicle outta me. :)  Anyway, out of respect to the both of you, I am dropping the subject entirely.  Wasn't meant to cause any issues, but really just feel it out as an idea. Keep up the good work guys, we all really do appreciate it.

Mishran

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 01/16/2012, 12:05 PMSo to mirror my other post, if anyone does start making pressed disks...
IMG
Is he threatening us with a good time? :wink: Just kidding. Press or not, this is gonna be a part of my collection. Awesome job fellas! =D&gt;

Burnt Lasagna

I'm surprised no one has figured this joke out yet.
The popsicle joke is from The Warriors (1979)

Mishran

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 01/16/2012, 01:32 PMI'm surprised no one has figured this joke out yet.
The popsicle joke is from The Warriors (1979)
One of the all time great movies! :dance:

MotherGunner

Someone, maybe not from here WILL get these pressed, and attempt to sell them whether people agree or not.  At that point, you can just buy it from that person so agreed that we can drop the subject.
-MG

Bernie

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone trying to sell duplicated CDr's of it.  Sad really, but it is what it is.  Hopefully, enough people will know better than to actually get screwed by someone selling it.

FraGMarE

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 01/16/2012, 12:05 PMOkay guys I'll try and make this response less of joke.

The biggest reason I'm not a fan of the idea of pressed disks being sold (whether there's profits being made or not) is because I seriously doubt Konami is going to take kindly to pressed modified versions of their game floating around and we would likely be hit with a C&D order to remove the patch if Konami ever got wind of these disks and I doubt anyone here would like that.

Some of you may be thinking “ItÂ’s like a 17 year old game on a 20 year old system theyÂ’re not going to bad an eye at this” which might be the case but I really donÂ’t want that risk to exist and the fact that tomaitheous doesnÂ’t want his work in this patch on unauthorized pressed disks is enough of a reason not to do this. 
Yea, and I don't want my title screen art in a pressed version either, for that matter.  WHile this version will indeed be "press-worthy", it doesn't mean it should be done.  I agree with Burnt Lasagna here...

NO

CrackTiger

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 01/16/2012, 12:05 PMOkay guys I'll try and make this response less of joke.

Some of you may be thinking "It's like a 17 year old game on a 20 year old system they're not going to bad an eye at this" which might be the case but I really don't want that risk to exist and the fact that tomaitheous doesn't want his work in this patch on unauthorized pressed disks is enough of a reason not to do this.

There will probably be a guide when the final release of the patch gets completed explaining how to make a high quality burn of the game and the best way to print the packaging for anyone who wants a nice case of this patch for there collection.   

So to mirror my other post, if anyone does start making pressed disks...
IMG
Konami spent years fighting to take down any form of the Japanese version of the game from misc sites. Now they are selling recent translated releases of the game and are actually making money from it in our markets. We're lucky they haven't tracked this down and threatened legal action already.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: bernielindell on 01/16/2012, 12:09 PMWasn't meant to cause any issues, but really just feel it out as an idea. Keep up the good work guys, we all really do appreciate it.
Ditto
IMG

NightWolve

Thanks, Burnt Lasagna! What the hell, I'm downloading this right now, while I still can, and maybe I'll try it out when I get home.

EDIT: Interesting, I see an alias I recognize in the ReadMe: AstroBlue - I used to call him AussieBoyBlue or something back in the day on the TNL forums where I met him. He's a pretty smart guy, he stuck in my mind after one of those CUBE fanatics came onto the forums and started defending their bizarre ideology - it was the greatest thing I ever saw, AstroBlue arguing at a Ph.D. level with the guy... I would've dug out the link if I had the time. Anyway, I will try this patch out for sure.

Burnt Lasagna

...Wow.
I really didn't know anything about the guy. I just did a search for castlevania ASCII art and his guide on gamefaq came up.

cubanraul

imageshack/introaa.png

All this extra space is luxurious

Keith Courage

Any update on the new title screen?

Sadler

Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/24/2012, 12:52 AMAny update on the new title screen?
Pretty sure that's done and the final patch is almost complete. I think they only need to finish the ferry man's text in stage 2' and the optional credits. Check out the thread at romhacking.

Spooniest

Any word on the project? It's been a while.
Yamero~~!

MotherGunner

-MG

TurboXray

Quote from: Sadler on 01/24/2012, 01:10 AM
Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/24/2012, 12:52 AMAny update on the new title screen?
Pretty sure that's done and the final patch is almost complete. I think they only need to finish the ferry man's text in stage 2' and the optional credits. Check out the thread at romhacking.
Everything is done, except for the credits. There seems to be some disagreement or such on it (I haven't got any direct word on it), so I took a break until it's been decided (I have something special I'm working on for the next number of months, so I'm doing that meantime). When I've got the final word as to what it needs to be, then it'll probably 2-3 days to finish that up and it should be completely finished. All ferryman's hack stuff is finished (though I need to send B_L the updated text hack) and the new intro translation is done (afaik). (I'm tomaitheous on that forum)

Burnt Lasagna

Don't know why I was waiting so long to make an official word on the credits (posted it on romhacking.net).

Spooniest

Apologies for intruding thusly, but I couldn't figure out which forum this belonged in, so your thread seemed like the best way to get it heard.

dl.dropbox.com/u/33809435/RondoWithGuitar.mp3

Any chance I could get this included in your patch, if I can provide you with a .WAV file? :D
Yamero~~!

soop

I know this is gonna sound pedantic, but...  Wouldn't "Feast of Flames" be better than Dinner?
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

NecroPhile

Quote from: soop on 02/08/2012, 05:56 AMI know this is gonna sound pedantic, but...  Wouldn't "Feast of Flames" be better than Dinner?
He's using the PSP version translation.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

soop

I'd still change it.  Dinner of flames sounds like a crappy barbeque
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Spooniest

"Chris Webber: RONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Yamero~~!

esteban

Quote from: Spooniest on 02/07/2012, 02:28 PMApologies for intruding thusly, but I couldn't figure out which forum this belonged in, so your thread seemed like the best way to get it heard.

RondoWithGuitar.mp3

Any chance I could get this included in your patch, if I can provide you with a .WAV file? :D
!!! :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Spooniest

Yamero~~!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Spooniest on 02/07/2012, 02:28 PMApologies for intruding thusly, but I couldn't figure out which forum this belonged in, so your thread seemed like the best way to get it heard.

A non-spoken CD track like that wouldn't be part of a patch as nothing is being translated. But you can swap out the tracks of any ripped PCE CD game yourself.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

burn_654

Really looking forward to the next release! This is some awesome awesome stuff.
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: Spooniest on 02/11/2012, 01:54 AM"Chris Webber: RONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Ha, here's a small update.
I just sent Tom the finished credits (thanks for tracking down the uncredited actors).
He said he would begin work on it. Though it won't be as fast as some of the other hack work, since he has his hands in some other pies at the moment.

Muyfa666

Hi fellas, just regged up, so pls be gently with me...

I can't for my life get the translation to work. No matter what I do, I get "The game rip is damaged!" when I use the ISO/WAV patch. CDRWin is not even working on my computer, so that is not an option. Are there a problem with the patch, or are my files just damaged? I've used the TocFixer and it came out clean and shiny, but still no go. I've ripped the tracks with the included TurboRip btw.

EDIT: Interesting enough, it seems the emulator Ootake was the problem. With Magic Engine it works fine. I can still not get the ISO/WAV patch cmd to work, but it does work if I run the patch and add the tracks manually. It should still be ok to apply the patch this way, right?

cubanraul

I'll add more detailed error messages in the final release to give people a better idea of where and how it goes wrong.

If you manually apply the ppf and copy the audio tracks over it should be fine.  You'd know pretty quickly if the ISO was bad when the graphics end up extremely garbled.  Right now the patch fails if the copy is not going to be perfect.  An audio track here and there with a slightly off file size wouldn't cause issues with playability or be at all noticeable.

If everything appears OK I'd say go with it.  You wont have the first half of the game play fine and then Dracula look like my little pony or anything.

Muyfa666

Ok, good to know. TOCFixer reports all my tracks as good, but the patch still doesn't like it. No garbled graphics thou. Works really good TBH. Wonderful work with this fellas! The final version is gonna rock!

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: Muyfa666 on 02/24/2012, 12:48 PMTOCFixer reports all my tracks as good, but the patch still doesn't like it.
F@*%!
Cubanraul, I have feeling it's the find command coming back to haunt us! ](*,)

For the time being anyone who gets this problem should patch it manually.

Bernie

Strange, I ripped the game with the included TurboRip and applied the patch with no issues.  I wonder if some people's drives that are ripping the game are actually the issue.  TR does seem to have issues with certain drives.

cubanraul

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 02/25/2012, 11:07 AM
Quote from: Muyfa666 on 02/24/2012, 12:48 PMTOCFixer reports all my tracks as good, but the patch still doesn't like it.
F@*%!
Cubanraul, I have feeling it's the find command coming back to haunt us! ](*,)

For the time being anyone who gets this problem should patch it manually.
I have a fix in mind for the final release.  Should take care of it.

Muyfa666

Not to nag, but are there any info on progress for the final work of the patch? I've been trying to hold off playing the game in wait for the final patch, but it's getting harder for each day... :-)

TurboXray

That would probably be my fault. The last thing to do is the credits, IIRC. I'll have then done very soon.

Keith Courage

Soo... what's the word on this project yo.... (I had to say yo since I am Fred Durst).

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: Keith Courage on 03/30/2012, 02:42 AMSoo... what's the word on this project yo.... (I had to say yo since I am Fred Durst).
Wuz up home slice.
The credits are still being worked on by tomaitheous (Bonknuts) and that may seem like a total bummer but all those happening dudes that made the game need to have the spot light bro. We all have to deal.

Muyfa666

So, uhm... not to be the whiny one, but did the project stall completely?

Burnt Lasagna

The project is done essentially. Just needs tomaitheous's work on the credits, so the project isn't really in my hands at the moment.
Though rest assured it will get released, hopefully soon.

compil3r

Just wondering if it will be released soon? It has been a couple of weeks without any update...  :-k